Hostel Sylvabelle Reviews

63 Rue Sylvabelle, Marseille, France

There was a bad smell inside the toilet all the time. The carpet on the floor was old and smelling. The rooms were separated poorly so I could easily hear my neighbour snoring and most probably my neighbour listened to my snoring all night.

The room I stayed in was pretty cold. Make sure to get an extra blanket. Pretty quite hostel, but clean and the staff are helpful.

Great bathrooms.. Not the best atmosphere.. Some female staff could be nicer !!! But i guess that's the French as a whole..

There was unstable WLan in the dormitory and 2 days none. The dormitory (full with 16 beds m/f) was used by some French-Arabes as a salon to chat even after 21.15. The door to the dormitory clatched each time when someone left or came in, so that one could not get at rest after a whole day spent in the city. The domitory is on the same level as the street and lying on my bed I could see the people walking along the hotel wall and looking through the opened window to my bed.

I thought that this hostel had a very strange security system, the reception has to buzz you in but with different staff I'm not sure how they knew if you were a guest. The reception was also on the 2nd floor but the room I was in was on the 1st and didn't have a lock or key. They also gave me a broken locker with no lock and there were a lot of people in one room so I didn't feel particularly secure about my belongings. However the staff were very friendly

It was horrible. Curfew was at 1 pm, and the dorm was open to everyone and as a result of that I had 90 euros stollen from my pocket while i slept. Atmosphere was very dull and depressing kind of like a nursery home, except people were young. Dont stay here if you want a fun hostel.

We stayed for 2 nights and the internet wouldn't work properly for the majority of that time. There was also a private party for the whole of our second day which took place in the common area, so there was no way we could use the communal computer whilst the internet was down...not ideal but otherwise a pleasant and quiet stay.

Staff didn't even have change and was not helpful at all. Room was good though. Pretty close to the center

The hostel is very good, but for this price it would to include the break fast.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

The dormitory area needs increased security - as it is, anyone can ring the doorbell and just walk right through the door to the dorm. Also incresed signage near the doors towards reception is needed, the reception desk is upstairs and out of sight when you walk in! Increased cooking facilities (or even a larger fridge) would be great as well.

• 12th Jul 2014

Its passable.

Not a good hostel. Staff were very unfriendly when I arrived and I heard him being very unhelpful to other guests. Location is not good - dodgy street on the outskirts away from everything. Bed was not made when I arrived (at 11pm!!) This was my first time in a hostel and it was a bad experience - thankfully I found much much nicer one called The Vertigo Centre the next day. If you can avoid it, do not stay here.

The hostel was very quiet and dark and had a depressing feel to it. The staff were awkwardly silent and you felt like an unwelcome house guest. There wasn't even a place you could get a glass of water. There was a reception/room with chairs and a TV that we chilled for a bit but this was closed at 10.30 by one of the staff, seemingly for no reason as he had to be in the room all night to unlock the front door for people anyway. There were no lockers to keep bags safe.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice weekend! Thanks to all of you, FI

• 28th Jun 2014

just compared to other hostels I have stayed in, it was just average

Nice hostel. The location was great and there was also a shop quite near. The curfiew was a little stupid since you had to be back at 1am or after 5am. We only got one safety locker for two people which was a little weird. The wifi did not work in the lowest floor where we were staying. But in complete it was a nice hostel.

Staff is not really interested in anything. Wifi did not worked, even the guy at the front desk has not a clue about the wifi... toilets are outside the rooms, but the shower ist in the room (no extra wall or something) - weird!

i booked 3 days but they canceled by booking without any notice. so i stayed there only 2 days.... What a shame!!! the facilities are really old. i think this hostel has some problem....

• 18th May 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in the private room for 4 people, it was clean but there wasn't any space to put the clothes, just a small table and a hanger. the bathroom was very small with an old mirror and a tiny washbowl. the room didn't have a nice atmosphere since it looks quite old. the staff is friendly and available to give advices. I didn't like the fact the we had to leave the key at the reception anytime we left the room. The position is excellent since it's very near to the downtown and the metro.

Very unfriendly night staff. Curfew ridiculous.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7