Hostel Sylvabelle Reviews

63 Rue Sylvabelle, Marseille, France

Location near the old harbour and the train station is good, our room with duoche and wc. was for that price absolutly o.k.

They have a curfew and no kitchen. They are about 10-15 min from the port but there are others that are closer to the port that are nicer. The atmosphere does not encourage getting to know other hostel members as the main space to hang out closes at 10:30. There is no where to SAFELY put your bags if you arrive early or want to leave them there after check out for a few hours. Some of the staff members are nice while others are very rude. I would recommend the other hostels in town.

Nice enough hostel, we stayed for one night. You get what you pay for. Its a bed in a good location basically.

• 2nd Nov 2013

The security of the building could be better - really anyone can walk in and the rooms aren't locked.

This is a hotel which also runs a hostel, so there are no places to stay confortable planning things or chilling out. Rooms are open spaces, with no doors, which makes everything that´s not in a locker completly at hand to anyone. Staff was nice during the day and rude (not bad, just rude and not very clear in explaining things) Other than that the place was ok.

commented directly to the hostel - bad security, mixed friendliness of staff, lack of atmosphere, not very clean (especially bathrooms) etc.

Don't stay here! The staff where very rude and gave away our room despite the fact we paid a deposit and arrived on time! this left us on the street looking for somewhere else to stay at night. They didn't apologise and tried to lie about the situation. There is a nicer cheaper hotel a little further up the road as well.

• 12th Aug 2013

There are better hostels for similar prices in the city of Marseilles: I much more recommend you stay at the Vertigo Hostel, for instance. I stayed there for one night, and it was a much better experience than the one I cumulatively had over three days in the Hostel Sylvabelle, with its inconsistent staff (some nice, some record-breakingly rude) and average facilities (one of the showers was missing a showerhead, there was no hand sanitizer, there was no kitchen area, they did not rent towels).

I would stay again

The space of the room is not well-allocated so as to be quite noisy here.

the common room is very nice, the hostel itself is close to the harbor wich is fantastic, I didn't like leaving my credid card information though, especially after I had already paid for the nights we were going to stay.

Had a microwave, but no kitchen. Our room was a private three person with private shower, but shared bathroom. The bathroom had no sink, and so after using it, one had to go back to the room to wash their hands. The private shower was...interesting... It was a small standing shower just added to the corner of the bedroom.

Nice hotel in a great area - of all the hostels in marseille, I would want to stay here because of the location! A lot of the other ones aren't in a safe location. I know this because I had a friend staying at one and the streets around it became awful at night. This is not the case for Hostel Syvabelle! Lovely staff as well, and nice rooms, so generally pretty great!

The location of the hostel was awesome. You could walk anywhere from the hostel; however, the staff was rude and were acting mad cause I asked a few questions.

The staff is not very cool, you cannot arrive in the hostel after midnight (or you'll sleep outside...) and it's a little expensive for what it is.

Great location, awful staff,

Dormitories are located in a cluster and are not fully partitioned and lighting is poor in dorms.

Things were fine. Good value for money. Biggest concern was security as the rooms were never locked and the lockers were all filled. Additional lockers would really help this problem. Also, the curfew was a real bummer. i understand why considering the set up but it still really put a damper on the whole experience when we had be back so soon.

The rooms are very good and hot. But, if you go there you have to take your soap with you. Also the receptionist was rude!

Fairly poor conditions, very little heating in December, small shower without full shower head. Breakfast not free and building smelled of smoke. Good location. Wifi is terrible!!! Only one person can use it at a time in the whole hostel...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5