Hostel Tenerife Reviews

Calle Marques 24,E-38300 La Orotava, Tenerife, Spain

I have hostelled in three continents and this Hostel of Manfred's in La Orotava is on my BESTEST OF THE BEST list That night there were 16 of us in spontaneous dinner party .... unforgettable

A wonderful base to explore north Tenerife from. The hostel owner, Manfred, has created a warm, welcoming space and always provided excellent advice on local hikes, bars, restaurants and connections. We also enjoyed large communal meals which were an excellent chance to enjoy local specialities and socialise with other travelers. Highly recommended!

My Best Evening on Tenerife. Thank you Andy!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Lovely "homie" atmosphere. Fantastic owner Manfred who is really easy to get the hold of and very helpful. And a big thanks to sister Angie that gave us a ride to a shopping center when it was raining cats and dogs...and for being a really nice person.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Unfortunately the hostel description and pictures did not match reality, leading to shorten my stay to one single night. The room was dirty; mold and holes in the bed sheets, a lot of dust. I booked a private room, it's only window opened towards the kitchen / dining room, leaving little possibilities for fresh air. The window is of typical tenerifa quality; waking me up in the morning by chewing sound of a very silent backpacker. The staff was helpful in shortening my stay.

• 17th Nov 2014

I really liked the hostel. It's great located and it was a pleasure to stay there. Everything is in a good condition and clean. They offer a view small thing which make the stay just more comfortable, e.g. free computer use. The breakfast was okay, nothing special though. The bed was comfortable and the lockers huge. All together I can hardly find sth negative.

Very nice atmosphere. To eat in the typical Canarian restaurant 10 minutes away is a must. There was a big crack on the stove in the kitchen and some of the equipment in the kitchen was well used, one can say.

This place was really great. A very chill and friendly environment. It feels more like being home with new roommates than a hotel or hostel. Orotava is also an excellent base camp for exploring Tenerife, and not too touristy. This is a great place to feel like a local.

• 9th Nov 2014

It's a wonderful hostel in the beautiful centre of La Orotava. One might not think that there is a hostel behind the green door but as soon as the lovely staff welcomes you it is like home. I really liked the balcony on top of the house where you can have a meal, a drink or just chill out. It's the perfect hostel for tours to El Teide or Masca. To both locations it will take you a little longer than one hour by car.

Orota a is definatly less touristy than Puerto de la Cruz and therefor would always be my choice. Very hilly, historic city with lots of charme. Same goe for the hostel. I really enjoyed my stay and loved the roof- you could see to Teide in one side and to the ocean in the other. Just amazing.