Hostel Tenerife Reviews

Calle Marques 24,E-38300 La Orotava, Tenerife, Spain

Cool Hostel, excellent & friendly stuff, great facilies. I only can not unterstand why they let someone live in the 4 bed dorm for over a year..I mean it is a nice guy but I am sure not everybody feels comfortable..

I booked one night and will prolong my stay. This is a great Hostel, nice new matresses, real bedding, free towels and Manfred the Hostel owner makes you feel at home and helps his guests with all the knowledge he has. There is a nice patio and a roof terrasse with stunning views of the mountains and the sea. Its only a five minute walk to the centre of town(though coming back is quite steep) La Orotava is a beautiful town . I recommend this Hostel - lots of the old backbacking spirit!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Austria

We both enjoyed our stay at the Hostel typical canarian house. La Orotava is the most lovely and friendly place we visited. Manfred was very helpful and the place was really relaxed, we stayed in some upmarket 5* canarian hotels on the Island but the hostel was the best. We would definitely go back there on our next visit.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Stayed in the hostel for 10 days. La Orotava is a great place and Manfred is really nice.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

It is a great place to meet other travelers. Even if you travel by bus, he hostel can be easily found. Manfred is a great host who are friendly and helpful. He is an expert in hiking in El Teide, so it was really helpful to get information from him about bus time and hiking routes recommendations. Nice atmosphere too! Highly recommended!

Hostel can really do with a renovation. Everything is old and falling apart and not very clean. But the owner is nice and helpful.

I had enjoyable stay. The facilities could use an upgrade, but it is still a good value for the price. A big plus, is the owner (Manfred) who is very knowledgable about the area and gives excellent tours of the island.

I really liked staying at this hostel. It´s location in the beautiful town of La Orotava is very good, although it`s on a very steep hill ;-) The staff was great and all the facilites were well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hostel - especially for hiking enthusiasts - its a good place to get around!

Easy walk to anywhere. Great rooftop.

A very nice hostel. Manfred, the owner, is very helpful about anything you need or want to do on Tenerife, very familiar atmosphere.

• 24th Dec 2014

I have hostelled in three continents and this Hostel of Manfred's in La Orotava is on my BESTEST OF THE BEST list That night there were 16 of us in spontaneous dinner party .... unforgettable

The guy who runs the hostel is very friendly, he helps with anything he can, including recommending local restaurants, organizing tours our showing your way to the library to print your boarding pass. The atmosphere of the hostel was great, people were friendly and approachable. There is a kitchen where you can cook, equipped with bowls, pans, knives, etc. (no microwave). The cleanliness is average. During our stay a chef stayed in the hostel and cooked dinner for everybody for 5 EUR.

Nice hospitable hostel, welcoming and cosy atmosphere, perfect for single-travellers! The owner is so friendly and helpful! Location of the hostel is perfect for those who want to discover the Island of Tenerife by autobus or hitchhiking as well as perfect for those who want to to stay in town and get in touch with local culture or for those who are keen on hiking activities in the highest mountains as the Cordillera Dorsal and the Teide National Park is so close! I will definetely come back!!!

• 10th Dec 2014

A wonderful base to explore north Tenerife from. The hostel owner, Manfred, has created a warm, welcoming space and always provided excellent advice on local hikes, bars, restaurants and connections. We also enjoyed large communal meals which were an excellent chance to enjoy local specialities and socialise with other travelers. Highly recommended!

My Best Evening on Tenerife. Thank you Andy!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Lovely "homie" atmosphere. Fantastic owner Manfred who is really easy to get the hold of and very helpful. And a big thanks to sister Angie that gave us a ride to a shopping center when it was raining cats and dogs...and for being a really nice person.

• 22nd Nov 2014