Hostel Terra da Luz Reviews

Rua Rodrigues J�nior, 278, Fortaleza, Brazil

The owners husband was very healpful and kind! Breakfast pretty good, location wasn't the best. But it was still a decent hostel!

Great hostel and helpful staff. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who travels on a budget. Good breakfast!!!

LOVED the owner, such a funny nice man! booked the privet room and it was great. breakfast was also very rich and tasty, will defiantly recommend it to my friends!

I had an absolutely wonderful experience at Terra da Luz. I initially booked the place for four days, but I extended my stay to ten. The staff, which I got to know during these days, were all very friendly and helpful. The hostel was very clean, well organized, and with a plentiful breakfast each morning. I definitely recommend this place!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

The staff are very welcoming and helpful (though not all speak English) and the location, just a short walk from the Ipacema beach and the Dragão de Mar, is great for Fortaleza! There was a very cool local and international crowd hanging out there. Breakfast wasn't that great but hey, it's good enough for a price this low! Bathrooms+showers weren't that great, but passable. The 18-bunk bed dorm can feel overwhelming if full, but if you're ok with sharing spaces with many others, go for it.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

We´d stayed couple of days in the Terra do Luz and loved it. The staff is nice and helps out with everything! Very clean bathrooms and rooms with aircon where a plus. We had a incredible time during the last wouldcup games and could enjoy the lovely discussions of the holland-German footballrelationship with with the owner Nico and his wife ;) Hugh recommendation!

I've been in hostels in Asia, Europe, and South America, and this is one of the better ones I've been to. The staff were friendly and helpful (one person actually drove me around the city for a free tour!). I met quite a few people who I now consider friends. Hostel living is about experiences, not luxury, and this hostel provided many unique and amazing experiences that I'll remember for the rest of my life.

• 3rd Jul 2014

We stayed during the World Cup. 500 characters is insufficient to give a full, factual and emotionless breakdown of what was wrong with this hostel. I’m happy to pass on comments directly to hostelworld. A summary is: cold showers; being told we were not in a twin room, but had two beds in a six-bed dorm (the owner told me we’d discussed this by email: we hadn’t and he couldn’t produce the email conversation); free lockers for which we had to purchase our own locks (but not from the hostel).

We stayed in Fortaleza for a World Cup match and this hostel exploited the situation in the grossest possible way. They had poorly constructed 'triple' bunkbeds being cramped in a closet of a room. Have you seen the movie Stepbrothers...the scene where they want to make bunkbeds? Well, this is worse. They took normal twin beds and triple stacked them so there was no room at all to get in and out of the beds (poor person at top was so close to ceiling there was no air to breath!).

Hostel Terra da Luz was one of our best hostelling experiences. It was our first stop in Brazil for the World Cup, and couldn't have been a better introduction to the festival of football! The rooms were crowded (as you'd expect during the World Cup), but due to the helpfulness and attitude of the owners and staff, everyone had a blast! Hostel Terra da Luz is a unique and well located base from which to enjoy a really fun city.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great Breakfest, Staff & Atmosphere but the bunkbeds are tight, there stacked vertically by 3 vs the normal 2. The beach is good walk away but the hostel is close the center and shopping lanes.

• 25th Jun 2014