Hostel Terra da Luz Reviews

Rua Rodrigues J�nior, 278, Fortaleza, Brazil

Staff were incredibly helpful and awesome. Good breakfast and comfortable place. Would definitely stay again!

Amazing hostel. I truly recommend it to everyone. The people who works there are very nice and polite and the owners of the place are really amazing.

The dorm bedroom of 6 had air condition but no glass window, the cold air escaped during the hot night. Pointless... the bed was comformtable and WIFI was fast and available in all areas. The Bathroom/ showers was new but no hotwater. This was fixed after the second week. The breakfast was disappointed until the second week as they improved it. Very small breakout area and the kitchen had everything you need. But the fridge was small and they said they in the process replacing it.

A really warm welcome from the owners and staff. Nico was very friendly and did his utmost to make should I was comfortable in the hostel and getting out and about in Fortaleza. The offer all sorts of assistance with transfers and travel and will even take you to a football game! They have plans to organise music and barbecue nights so the hostel looks set to be the liveliest in Fortaleza.

Such a good hostel, Nico and Caritas are the coolest owners and will go out of their way to help you with anything! Great breakfast and facilities, always clean, just generally excellent. Would definitely stay again.

We had an amazing time over there! I think this hostel was the best hostel of our road trip in Brazil. The owners of the hostel gives a warm colour to their hostel! Thank you guys!

Very basic hostel close to the cultural center dragão which doesn't help a lot because you always have to take a taxi at night. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The dorms are in the underground so you won't have any daylight which is bad when you want to stay for longer.. Also the living room is very small and dorsn't really appeal to hang out. In general the hostel us fine if you just need a bed.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff and ownership very friendly and helpful. Very clean, and a pleasant place to stay. I highly recommend.

Very friendly staff, good breakfast. About 15 - 20 minute walk to the ocean. I would stay here again . . .

How can you put two bunk beds in a room with no window and put a sign up saying hostel and expect people to enjoy themselves? The receptionist didn't speak one word of English, couldn't show me on a map where we were and completely skimmed over the fact that the builders were in making unimaginable noise and dust! There must be a better option ... Right up there with the worst "hostels" I have had the misfortune to walk into.

The staff makes the difference, Adson is a very nice guy, Mr Francisco can drive you to the airport. I like the place. It is simple but very nice and price very affordable

Very controversial feelings toward this hostel. I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN. Caritas, the landlady is fantastic, but the hostel needs improvements. You get a clean and fresh towel for your stay. I did like this very much. But there is no communal area. They are refurbishing it, so no sure how it will end up. Check out is at 11ish, but had to hang around until 5pn. If I wanted to take a shower after check out, I had to pay R$10. I thought it was unreasonable.

They are performing right now works on it... I guess that is the reason why the rating may show up small nevertheless the staff is very helpful and it shall be taken as a plus. As soon as the works would be over (mid December everybody hopes) it shall be better.

Really good staff and good experience!

Nice friendly staff! I didnt really like to have breakfast in a small basement, I also missed a nice community space.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The hostel lacks common spaces and the rooms are excessively small for the amount of beds.

The hostel is really very, very small and you won't have a lot of space for your stuff; but for the money it's just awesome, everything is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast was good, too! The Iracema beach is close, and with a nearby bus you can easily reach Praia de Futuro and Crocobeach, as well.