Hostel Terra da Luz Reviews

Rua Rodrigues J�nior, 278, Fortaleza, Brazil

The staff are very welcoming and helpful (though not all speak English) and the location, just a short walk from the Ipacema beach and the Dragão de Mar, is great for Fortaleza! There was a very cool local and international crowd hanging out there. Breakfast wasn't that great but hey, it's good enough for a price this low! Bathrooms+showers weren't that great, but passable. The 18-bunk bed dorm can feel overwhelming if full, but if you're ok with sharing spaces with many others, go for it.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

We´d stayed couple of days in the Terra do Luz and loved it. The staff is nice and helps out with everything! Very clean bathrooms and rooms with aircon where a plus. We had a incredible time during the last wouldcup games and could enjoy the lovely discussions of the holland-German footballrelationship with with the owner Nico and his wife ;) Hugh recommendation!

I've been in hostels in Asia, Europe, and South America, and this is one of the better ones I've been to. The staff were friendly and helpful (one person actually drove me around the city for a free tour!). I met quite a few people who I now consider friends. Hostel living is about experiences, not luxury, and this hostel provided many unique and amazing experiences that I'll remember for the rest of my life.

• 3rd Jul 2014

We stayed during the World Cup. 500 characters is insufficient to give a full, factual and emotionless breakdown of what was wrong with this hostel. I’m happy to pass on comments directly to hostelworld. A summary is: cold showers; being told we were not in a twin room, but had two beds in a six-bed dorm (the owner told me we’d discussed this by email: we hadn’t and he couldn’t produce the email conversation); free lockers for which we had to purchase our own locks (but not from the hostel).

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

We stayed in Fortaleza for a World Cup match and this hostel exploited the situation in the grossest possible way. They had poorly constructed 'triple' bunkbeds being cramped in a closet of a room. Have you seen the movie Stepbrothers...the scene where they want to make bunkbeds? Well, this is worse. They took normal twin beds and triple stacked them so there was no room at all to get in and out of the beds (poor person at top was so close to ceiling there was no air to breath!).

Hostel Terra da Luz was one of our best hostelling experiences. It was our first stop in Brazil for the World Cup, and couldn't have been a better introduction to the festival of football! The rooms were crowded (as you'd expect during the World Cup), but due to the helpfulness and attitude of the owners and staff, everyone had a blast! Hostel Terra da Luz is a unique and well located base from which to enjoy a really fun city.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great Breakfest, Staff & Atmosphere but the bunkbeds are tight, there stacked vertically by 3 vs the normal 2. The beach is good walk away but the hostel is close the center and shopping lanes.

• 25th Jun 2014

This place hasa great bar to socialise with others and the owners. It is by far the best part of the hostel and it makes it easy to sit round for a beer and a chat. It could do with some more aircon, as it gets a little hot in the main dorm and other general areas. It is cleaned daily but some of the showers needed it a little more.... Wifi was good and accessable throughout. The location is a decent walk to get anywhere. At least 15-20 to the beach, town or supermarket. Much enjoyed my stay!

Nico and he's wife do make an effort it's the execution that lacks; also the skinny buzz cut is very helpful...6ppl in a room as big as most ppl's bathrooms, check; top bunk so close to the ac you catch a cold; bottom bunk so hot you can't sleep; average breakfast; bags all over the floor you need to climb over them to get in and out of your bunk; mosqusiots; staff that don't speak a word of English, check. Honestly, what more could you want. How about over priced transfers to games...

Dear James Jong,. First of all our staff does speak English as you know. since you come from Australia I supposed your English would be better and say it is " his wife and not he's wife." Besides that you left without paying your bill in the bar and forgot to pay for the surfboard you did rent and break. I do not know what you expect from a breakfast but I would call a breakfast with eggs , sausage, ham , cheese and yogurt average.

Cold hostel. Breakfast at 8 wasnt at 8 (problem if you plan your day schedule - pick up bus) Room to small,bad ventilation

Hostel staff was well spoken in english, while the owner was very friendly and assisted with any needs. The breakfast was easily the best I encountered while in Brazil without contest. The common areas promoted travelers to hangout and associated with each other.

• 17th Jun 2014

Everything that was advertised about this hostel had changed when we arrived for 4 nights stay. Cold showers, triple bunk beds, an obnoxious owner and as many people crammed into as small a space as possible. Someone had clearly knocked together some rickety bunk beds to cash in on the World Cup. Having travelled extensively in Central and South America twice I'd class this as one of the worst hostels I've stayed in and met plenty of other people during my time there who said the same.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place, great crew.

Very good service from the owners of the hostel to cover everybodies needs.

• 2nd Jun 2014

I loved my stay in Terra da Luz! The owners of the hostel are extremely friendly (and funny) and they make you feel at home from the minute you walk in. They wil gladly help you with simply anything you could think of! The staff members are great as well, though not all of them speak English, they will find a way to understand you. The hostel is located in an nice and central area and it's always super clean! The towels and eggs for breakfast are a great asset.. Keep up the good work! :)

Staff were incredibly helpful and awesome. Good breakfast and comfortable place. Would definitely stay again!

Thank you so much Zachary, you are always welcome! :)

Amazing hostel. I truly recommend it to everyone. The people who works there are very nice and polite and the owners of the place are really amazing.

Thank you so much sweety Aiste! You are always welcome!