Hostel The Hague - Den Haag Reviews

Lutherse Burgwal 5, The Hague, Netherlands

Impressed..! The venue is nice, the staff as well..! Breakfast is great and fresh (with vegeterian options). The location right next to thé tram station and the Grote Markt with a lot of relax and crowded bars makes it thé perfect place to stay in Den Haag!

Staff was very helpful to me and my friend. I was very sick and so they helped us find a hospital and pharmacy. The room was very nice and the atmosphere was very friendly.

• 10th Sep 2014

The pot smell in the downstairs was strong. Not being a smoker it was impossible to spend any time anywhere other than my room.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

My swipe to my room would not work on the last day - staff member was lovely but unsure how to fix it. Dorm rooms are VERY small. 6 people very cramped together.

They were refurbishing the hostel, but everything worked. The bath area could be better, but it was ok. Nice staff and people. They brew their own beer and this is very cool. The location is the best you could imagine in Den Haag. The kitchen fridge could be more organized... However there are markets nearby, so a good option is to buy something to cook or just to heat in the microwave. I liked haha

There really is not a lot of space anywhere. Currently undergoing construction. In the lower toilets you can't even turn around :)

• 1st Sep 2014

Stayed one night there. Cheap and in the centre of Den Haag. Tiny building, not a lot of space in the room.

This is one of the worst hostel I've ever been at! Briefly: the guy at the reception knew I had booked on here but asked the whole amount without discounting the deposite and wanted to see the paper I printed for my booking (idiot!), they DO NOT accept credit cards!, the 6-bed room is so small it barely contains 4 people standing, no bedlights, no room for luggage, 1 toilet! and 2 shower per floor,no security,VERY poor breakfast, kitchen in front of the room very loud till late(there is a café)

• 30th Aug 2014

Rooms were nice but unisex shower room on our floor. Staff were friendly, bubbling and helpful and breakfast was good despite having to wait a little bit for it to get restocked

The wifi didn't work in the rooms upstairs but other than that it was an awesome place!!

Room was really small and looks like converted storeroom for bed linen or cleaning products. One smal toilet and shower for 4 rooms (more than 24 people) - you will know what is queue. Only one good point is breakfast.

Rooms are very small and there are not many facilities inside the rooms to store our things or hang our towel, for example. Only 5 lockers exist and they were full, so I could not store my things in a safe place. Staff are extremelly helpfull and nice. Location is very central.

Enjoyed my stay! The staff are helpful and very fun. Bar downstairs is a great place to meet people they have the best beer too!. Good location close to the central station..

The hostel is in a good location, near to the central shopping streets and a 10 minutes walk from Maurithuis. The hostel itself is serapated from the bar/reception where the included and good breakfast is served and where you can enjoy a nice beer with friends. Room was simple, with DIY woodden beds and untreated brickwalls. Unfortunately plugs were not near beds and there wasn't any bedlamp. Kitchen was very bad: extremely small, dirty, poorely equipped and with only 4 dining places.

Great location and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced in a hostel!

it's a nice hostel and the owner is friendly and helpful. The room was quite big and comfortable but it wasn't possible to open the windows. On my floor there was only one toilet and one shower for 4 rooms. The sink was in the same room of the shower, so it was impossible to use it if someone else was showering. The breakfast is a little bit messy (food often is not avaiable and you have to wait for it) and there is no space enough for everybody to sit.

The staff is nice and friendly, the location is great... compared to hotels it s really a good value for the price... (hotels are really expensive in that city... Security is great but there should be more lockers... Space is a lil bit a problem.... to less showers and not that much space for breakfast... but all in all would def. go there again...

The staff was nice and helpful. Rooms were secure. Breakfast was good. But the kitchen was very small (only 2 chairs available) and needed to be tidied up.

Didnt enjoy this hostel, nothing like what it did in the picture! Also within the first 10 minutes of getting there we went to settle into our room and there were only top bunk beds left with a huge pipe running through them, couldn't get up non attached ladders and when my boyfriend tried ladders fell below him and he went backwards luckily he grabbed into the wall before going out window which was left wide open. Staff kicked about this and didn't care, no refund, moved to hotel straight away!

• 30th Jul 2014

Best breakfast I've had in a hostel and best beer too! I would stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3