Hostel The Hague - Den Haag Reviews

Lutherse Burgwal 5, The Hague, Netherlands

First, the staff was extraordinarily nice. My friend and I stayed in the 6 person room which was the size of a shoebox. Bags had to be left on floor in walkway to be stepped over. Shared communal lockers in hallway were all taken. No lockers in room and one outlet people had to swap out stuff to charge. The tight space was particularity rough because one guy was probably on mushrooms. Not sure if I got bitten by something at this place, but super close quarters encourages these type of things

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the bar was really good, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice. Good showers and bathrooms. Location was great!

Quaint hostel in an older building. Right in the middle of the city centre.

Thank you very much for visiting us and thank you for leaving a review.

Great place for backpackers. Amazing staff (except staff at breakfast). Continuous noise from brewery, hard to sleep. WiFi issues

Great place for backpackers!!! thank you very much, I will write you an email to improve our hostel. I hope you have time to answer it.

Entrance door works with a room card. Lockers are outside the rooms. Close to the one of the main squares where a lot of bars are located. If your room is on the main facade you may have some noise coming from the street. The gorund floor is a bar itself. My room (4) was extremely small with not enough space to place your stuff. Not enough showers if you plan to take one at rush hour. Don't take the breakfast, its a plastic croissant and a bad coffee. You can have one better elswhere.

Small toillets, small kitchen, small room and no place to hang-out

Hostel location is excellent. 5 min walk into the city centre. 15 mins to trains. Hostel is very good and welcoming. Bar has great atmosphere and setting with acts throughout the week, also the bar is the reception. Rooms are small but comfortable. The hostel is quite unique and I really enjoyed my stay there. The only problem is lack of available lockers to store you personel items, there are some but it's not enough for everyone. Bathroom facilities were stocked and cleaned. Guest kitchen also

Thank you for your nice review, good to hear you enjoyed your stay! Sorry about the lockers I will fix this.

A really homely place. Really friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in a private room and it was a piece of luxury on our travels!

• 16th Aug 2015

Thank you very much for your nice review, hope you visit us again!

one of the best! staff very friendly, super hostel feeling, free breakfast in the bar. definetely coming back!

You make so happy with this review, next time you get one of our own beers for free!

no bicycle shed and this is the netherlands, never spent the night in any smaller room than this. I kindly asked to enter the common room at about 10:30 pm just to read a bit as it was that uncomfy in the dorm. Staff answered: sorry bar is closed after 10 pm. Better stay at stayokay when visiting The Hague next time.

Sorry to hear this, the 24/7 guarded bicycle shed is actually next to our hostel and it is for free too. The bar is every day open till 2 at night except mondays. We hope you have a super time at Stayokay.

The staff were super friendly and happy to help which made my stay enjoyable. However, there was not much space in the rooms and the kitchen. The hostel would have benefited from having lockers in the dorms instead of in the corridors.

Thank you for your feedback, we just ordered more lockers, hope to see you another time

There was such a cool vibe from this place that we all enjoyed so much. We're going to be staying at a lot of hostels on our trip, but we all agree that this one is probably going to be the coolest and most unique. We were sad that we were only there for one night!

• 24th Jul 2015

Thank you thank you thank you, get so happy from your review, please visit us again

Cool atmosphere with bar downstairs and nice breakfast. Staff was approachable too. The place is small and facilities are so-so but you get what you pay for. Excellent location, I ran from the hostel to the beach in the morning, and the train right outside takes you anywhere in Den Haag, and even Amsterdam or Rotterdam. Weird roommates, but that's beyond hostel staff control.

Hostels don't come much better than this, after over a year in Europe it's nice to see a well priced hostel in Western Europe that defy's what you should get for price. Comfortable beds, kitchen, full size bathrooms, own bar with THEIR OWN BEER from €2, free breakfast, friendly staff, a dog,live music 4 nights a week, central location and all for less than you'd pay for a night in Amsterdam. Keep doing what you do, you're doing a great job!

I had a nice stay in this Hostel. Was just a bit afraid while sleeping because the upper beds have no protections. My 4-bed room was not so big but cozy. Location is good, I had to take the tram just to get there the first time from the Station. Staff is kind and ready to give good advices about the city. There is only one toilet and one shower on the second floor, anyway they were not busy. Aw, the stairs! They're so tight!

Great hostel, one of my favourites on my 4 month trip! Right in the city centre and right next to a super market so very handy! Staff are very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay again if in Den Haag again!

Rooms are small but cosy. Very comfy and clean. The bar is great! No common area makes it hard to meet people for a solo traveller

Staff are very nice, but the wifi could be better

Just love it!!! next time I will stay here and visit Amsterdam by day!!!

• 20th May 2015

Loved staying here- thanks for the great hospitality and recommendations for things to do and see when we were in town. Would love to see some recycling in the kitchen!!