Hostel The Hague - Den Haag Reviews

Lutherse Burgwal 5, The Hague, Netherlands

The hostel was nice but a bit pricey. Especially because there was no wifi. Also, there are a lot of stairs. One huge flaw which ought to be rectified is the height of the beds, theyre too high.

Our stay at the Hostel the Hague was perfect. The staff really wanted us to feel welcome at their place and helped us out by telling us what we could do around the city. The room was perfectly clean and very cute. We truly enjoyed our stay in the Hostel the Hague and we recommand it for sure!

Hostel The Hague is not a huge place. It's got about 10 rooms total, and I visited during the off season, but I absolutely loved the environment I was welcomed into there. Diedrich and Tanya, the owners, are very friendly and approachable, and I loved their dog! The hostel is also its own bar, and a fantastic one, too, De Gekke Geit. As a first timer in The Hague I couldn't have asked for a better hostel :)

• 10th Jan 2016

Thank you very much, you made me smile again!

Staff was amazing. Loved having a bar downstairs with lots of people hanging out! By the time I came back to the hostel bar at night I knew about 5 people I had met there that day sitting there. Amazing atmosphere, the best staff I've ever encountered, and great location!

Thank you so much for your kind review. "Amazing atmosphere,the best staff I've ever encountered and a great location" Woooow thanks

If I were a poet, I would write a sonnet about this hostel. I love it. It's clean, comfortable, and fun. The bar is awesome with live music and stuff going on all the time, and the beer is good. It's a proper funky place and I will be back again and again for sure. The owner Diederick and Tanya are super cool, and welcoming. Thanks guys see you soon.

If I were a poet, Sam, I could write a book. Carnivale, evil clowns, Burlesque girls , dancing all night, drinking craft beer and adventures in the beautiful dunes. See you at the next full moon!

Everything was great except for the showers. The lights were on a sensor and every 30 seconds I had to wave my hand up for the light to turn back on.

The best hostel in The Hague, clean, good location. Friendly people and staff, a place where you can relax. It has a nice kitchen. Thank you so much for all to everybody. I recomend this place to stay

Lovely hostel. My flight was delayed by three hours so got to the hostel late but the owner was remarkably friendly and hospitable. Gave me a free beer and let me settle in. Travelled the world and rarely have I seen such a nice friendly proprietor. Staff go out their way to make you feel at home. Defo in my top ten of hostels in the world. P Kent, Manchester.

The location couldn't be better and the bar downstairs is cozy! There are no lockers in the rooms, only very few outside on another floor that were all taken. Too few showers.

Thank you very much for your review.

Staff is really awesome at this hostel, very fun people to be around. Wifi is a little dodgy and there isnt really a common area aside from the kitchen or bar but for the rate its a very cool place.

Thank you very much for staying with us. Good to hear you had a fun time. Sorry to hear about the wifi, it had to be resetted.

My favourite hostel so far. Clean, nice beds, really friendly staff. The bar downstairs is awesome with a great vibe. Perfect location too. I definitely recommend staying here!

Thank you thank you thank you, you made my day with your review, hope you have an awesome trip! Thank you

Everyone I talked to on the staff was wonderful - very friendly, welcoming and just really interesting to talk to. I had a great stay!

• 14th Nov 2015

Good to hear, hope you had a great travel.

Hostel staff is really awesome. The rooms are very small and a little hard to maneuver.

I really had a great time in the Hostel, the people that works there is very nice and welcoming. The bar is nice at night.

Love the place! Bouty, Jacob, and Matt are really accommodating hosts. The people you meet at the geken geist (the bar) are amazing! If I return to Den Haag, i already know where I'll be staying. My time at this hostel was definitely the highlight of my trip through the Netherlands.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The rooms are quite small but the place is nice. The hostel bar is the best thing about the place. The hostel is really close to the train station.

nice place, staff gave many recommendations for where to visit. nice, chilled atmosphere

The room as tiny, only a 4 foot walking space through the middle of the room. Could lay in my bed and reach over and hit he guy in the bed across the room. Stairs are steep and very narrow. Was very hot in the room, and could not open windows

The staff was super friendly. The bar is very nice and welcoming. The rooms are super small, it is difficult to get organized, unpack things, get changed. I have booked a women's dorm room but had a guy sleeping in the bunk bed on top of me. it was not easy to find a place to get changed, do my hair and Makeup as the only mirrow was in the shower room which was wet. Had to get changed in the toilet. Not very comfortable...

The hostel has great location, nice stuff, always ready to help. We liked the possibility of four bed room, which gave us a lot of comfort and privacy. Positive points are also a kitchen and a bar with a good local beer.