Hostel The Roof Reviews

Centro, Avenida Venezuela #9-63 , apt 3, Cartagena, Colombia

Not a very pretty hostel and a bit away from the main old town area but staff were friendly and the huge roof terrace is a plus point - they should make better use of this, open it up to non residence etc and create a better atmosphere

Good location, 3 min walk to old town, huge supermarket 10m away from the door. I really liked the dorm rooms here, having lock boxes with power points in each bed was great, plus privacy curtains were amazing. Kitchen is good, in a need of restocking cutlery/cups/plates etc. Not an overly social place, a guy who works (thinks he's a DJ) there seems to sleep on the roof top then play psytrance music really loud at 7am, not the best for enjoying your morning coffee in peace. Would stay again.

The hostel was quite dirty including the sheets of the private room we stayed in. They had odd rules for security that did not seem to make much sense. Good location overall.

Nice rooftop, but visitors didn't seem to like it. There was nobody there. Facilities and location are good. I was there in high season so I had raised prices, so for me poor value for money.

Good location, nice rooftop. I missed soap for washing hands after toiletvisit. Laid-back vibe but no organised activities at the hostel. Staff was great and helpful!!!

Great spot, sweet rooftop, muy buena onda, simple breakfast, AC only at night while you sleep

My friend and I stayed in the private room, which was so small we were hardly able to have both travel back packs in there. The bathroom was very dirty, leftover hairballs on the walls and drain from the previous guests, no hooks anywhere to hang a towel, the one shelf was so dirty I was afraid to put anything on it. During the actual shower, the water pressure went so low I was practically leaning against the wall to get clean. The staff was completely uninterested and looked tired with life.

Cartagena is my generally expensive but you can find better Vaue - ac only in the night is an issue. Unclean bathrooms.

• 27th Aug 2015