Hostel The Roof Reviews

Centro, Avenida Venezuela #9-63 , apt 3, Cartagena, Colombia

It's one of the hostels that I enjoyed the most among all the hostels I've staye Location is awesome, walking distance to everything, and huge super market just 2 mins away! The staffs are the most helpful and friendly ones I've ever met, Duver especially! He helped us so much, Thanks you so much! They clean the toilet quite often and breakfast is supplied all times. The roof has great atmosphere we even saw fireworks by accident! At night is quiet, definitly recommended!! Awesome place to stay.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff is absolutely lovely! Especially Duven who have us loads of really helpful tips! Security is very good as someone has to buzz you in the are amall lockers close to your bed to put small things in and a switch inside to leave your stuff charging! Also there are curtains around a the bed for personal space. Great terrace and nice kitchen. Clean. Shame there's no sitcom in the bathrooms! But it's nice and cool from 6pm to 10am! I loved that it wasn't a party hostel!

Thanks Rossana for being such a great host. Good hostel and located.

I forgot my shoes in the hostal and came back a week later to see if they were still there... and they were!!! Pretty cool and honest staff. Thank you!!

Staff were very helpful - but not always available and hard to track down. The walls were peeling and the floor dirty. The air-conditioning unit leaked all over our luggage leaving it soaked for the flight home. The free breakfast was a bread roll. I don't like being too down on places, but this wasn't an impressive hostel.

Rooms seemed cramped and the lack of natural light was unpleasant. Although the bathroom was large and the shower was decent, the sink leaked every time it was used and the toilet door didn't lock, which was not ideal. Kitchen was good, shame about the breakfast and the tiny quantities they served. Lack of atmosphere in the hostel. 100% not worth 30000 COP!

we apologize for the inconveniance. we try very hard to meake you saty pleasent. we we make rounds every day to make sure everything is running the its supposed to. some of our rooms dont have natural light because the way the building was desinged. when it comes to the atmosphere we have a very spacius ROOF TOP where you can make your own atmosphere . this is what we want for all our guests . we have a very helpfull staff 24 hours to help youany wat we can. como enjoy our ROOF ROOF experience

All good, apart from the vicious lockers at the beds...took a chunk out of my head!

Great location in Bogota! The breakfast was fairly basic and the staff pretty helpful. Overall a good introduction to Colombia!

• 19th Jun 2014

Really fun hostel. The staff is super knowledgeable about all the good stuff to do in Cartagena. The rooftop is really chill but it's best to find something else to do until about 4:30pm when it's not so hot.

Good choice for Cartagena, pretty much in the middle of everything. Staff are super friendly and attentive, dorms are cosy and well equipped with personal chargers, WiFi is good on the roof, and the roof itself is a great chill out spot in the day and good fun at night. Highly recommended!

The roof is the best thing in the hostel. In the hot carriages you want throwing that canes to the roof. Breakfasts is good and the hostel is clean. It is on a very main street between the old city and the party street. I recommend it!!!!

Nothing special but it does the job. The beds have curtains for privacy, with a security box with a power outlet inside but watch your head, you might bump your head when you wake up in the morning. The roof top is nice to chill with wifi but socially can be limited and the breakfast is pathetic. It works.

Reasonable hostel, staff friendly, a/c in the dorms is a life saver if not used to the heat, roof terrace is nice, but for some unfathomable reason has been painted black, coupled with the lack of shade makes it unbearable in the day and still a bit hot at night (despite the sea breeze). Kitchen is a non event (a hot plate with a broken pan), breakfast is nice.

Basic things like making sure there was toilet paper. Bar not stocked and rarely attended. Staff couldnt provide change whe paying even for only 50 which is only twicce a nights accomodation

• 16th May 2014

its hard to appreciate you comment when you only booked for one night and ended staying more than a week. please make sure your comment is certain and on point. when you comment about change i remember very well you wanted brand new bills for your change. we are not a bank taht can provide new bills any time a guest wants it. our bar is only oppened at night.. our reception is open 24 hours and our staff is ready to attend your needs anytime. even if is something as basic as toilet paper.

Great hostel with a chilled out vibe.The curtains in each dorm bed were a nice touch. The roof top was great for socialising and eating. Bigger lockers would have been great (they could only fit my passport and other valuables).

This is one of the better value hostels in Cartagena, I stayed there a few times during my month in Colombia. The staff are very friendly and helpful but they could do with having more info readily available for guests. Breakfast is also good although it's never ready for 8am. I liked the power points in the lockers and curtains around the beds.

I really loved my stay at The Roof Hostal. I even extended my stay for a couple of days. Staff was very helpful and very fun and outgoing people. One night they all took us out for drinks and some salsa. Dorms are with air con at night, bunk beds with curtains and lockers with sockets inside, so you can charge your stuff while it's locked up. Exito is just 2 minutes away. I'll definitely recommend staying there!

individual lockers w outlets are great and rooftop is nice.. the problem is this hostel seems to be run for the benefit of its staff, who are the only ones that are really hanging out, cooking in their (nicer) staff kitchen, playing their own music loudly, some of them nice but it doesnt make for a very friendly/social atmosphere for the guests. one guy came in really early multiple times to clean and use the bathroom in my dorm, kept waking me, very annoying! i moved to mamallena hostel.

we apologize for any inconvenience. The nicer kitchen that you commented about is NOT a staff kitchen its a kitchen built to offer our guesst the option to buy food, drinks and coctalis. we are very sorry if you couldnt be able to enjoy the ROOf TOP. We make sure to clean the bathrooms before all the guest wake up so that yould find it clean and neat. we invite everyone to come and enjoy the nicest roof top in town. make you ouw party invite other guests and create you own atmosphere. ROOF ROOF