Hostel The Roof Reviews

Centro, Avenida Venezuela #9-63 , apt 3, Cartagena, Colombia

Great spot, sweet rooftop, muy buena onda, simple breakfast, AC only at night while you sleep

My friend and I stayed in the private room, which was so small we were hardly able to have both travel back packs in there. The bathroom was very dirty, leftover hairballs on the walls and drain from the previous guests, no hooks anywhere to hang a towel, the one shelf was so dirty I was afraid to put anything on it. During the actual shower, the water pressure went so low I was practically leaning against the wall to get clean. The staff was completely uninterested and looked tired with life.

Cartagena is my generally expensive but you can find better Vaue - ac only in the night is an issue. Unclean bathrooms.

• 27th Aug 2015

The staff was very helpful. The rooftop seating area is really nice and the shared kitchen is clean and organized. The room itself was very basic. We booked a private room and the toilet and light didn't work. After telling the staff, they had the light replaced but needed a part for the toilet. They were very friendly about it though and took a percentage off of our stay because of it. The only other problem was that the wifi didn't reach the room. Other than that, I'd recommend it.

• 1st Aug 2015

thank you for choosing us. we try very hard to please our guests. we are a small family runned buissnes and we try very har to keep our hostel functional for every one. we apologize if we may have caused you any oinconvenience. we don not have wifi in the rooms. thats why we have such a beautifull roof top(we invite everyone to come and visit us) for every guest to enjoy and make it their own. thank you

Was a little frustrating that every time we tried to have a shower the water was turned off or not working. Besides that its a great touch that the bunk beds each have a security box with plug points to charge inside. Breakfast was standard- rooftop great at night time when the wind picks up. Staff were lovely. Considering Cartagena is a pretty expensive city I think this hostel is good value.

hello thank you for your coments. We are sorry for any incenvenience. sometimes the water presure might be a little off beacuse there are a lot of repairs going on in the city beacuse of the many construccions beig done in our city. but we are never short on water. thanks for visiting us.

Average facilities average bed absolutely no atmosphere and staff really were unimpressive and unhelpful. I moved hostel as soon as I got the opportunity to.

we are sorry for anyinconvenience. but may i remind you with all do respect that you are in a very confotable hostel nothing fancy but with a great roof top. you are only paying 10 usd for a night i dont think you will find anything better than us in the city for that value. thank you for choosing us. and we apologize for the inconvenience. we dont have to make the atmosphere for you. we have created a space where you can make you own.

The place was okey but not very good to me. Its expensive for what they offer. The location is central but not beautiful. The atmosphere is okey but not very warm, All together, an okey place but I know better places.

we are very sorry if we were not good enough for you standars. of couse there are better pkaces but what we offer for our value you cannot get anywhere in the city. we try very hard to maintain and please our guests the best way we can.

Cartagena is very expensive compared to the bigger city Medellin. Rooms are not an exception. Disappointed they had only one English Channel. That's South America for you. Could not get wifi in my room (private room) which absolutely sucks. Because I cannot watch TV or browse the net. I stayed there because I was with a girl. Staff were very helpful especially the South American girl.

Location is in close proximity to the old town with good security gates to get into hostel. Dorm beds have good privacy with curtains and locker at end of bed with plug socket inside locker which is super handy. Roof area is chilled and a great place to have a few beers in the evening.

Great central location and rooftop breeze is amazing in Cartagena heat. Each bed has small locker with electric socket and curtains for privacy. Wifi worked and staff were nice enough. Breakfast is a joke (2 mini croissants and coffee). We could leave our bags and check out playa Blanca--which we highly recommend!

In general good hostel. Kitchen and bathroom just felt a bit dirty and there wasn't really a fun atmosphere.

Really nice staff. We stayed In the dorms and it's fully with ir con'd at night which is so needed . You get your own locker box with a key which is also good right next to your bed and i got my laundry done is just a few hours. Overall nice place, good location and good price. Oh. And the roof top seating area is great to just chill out and cool down in

Great non-party hostel. Rooms are AC'd at night and the roof is a great way to escape the heat during the day. Great location - walkable to everything in the Centro area. Staff is friendly but most do not speak English so you should have some spanish skills.

• 20th Jun 2015

A good packpackers hostel with an amazing rooftop terrace to enjoy the evening breeze in hot Cartagena. The bathroom in the rooms are super tiny, but the shower on the terrace is a treat

Fantastic hostel, in a great location near the Old City and a supermarket. Awesome roof top to hang out on and a well kitted out kitchen. There are plug points in your individual locker which I thought was a clever touch and the staff were lovely.

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

Hostel was a little ratty and unkempt.