Hostel The Roof Reviews

Centro, Avenida Venezuela #9-63 , apt 3, Cartagena, Colombia

All good, apart from the vicious lockers at the beds...took a chunk out of my head!

Really fun hostel. The staff is super knowledgeable about all the good stuff to do in Cartagena. The rooftop is really chill but it's best to find something else to do until about 4:30pm when it's not so hot.

Good choice for Cartagena, pretty much in the middle of everything. Staff are super friendly and attentive, dorms are cosy and well equipped with personal chargers, WiFi is good on the roof, and the roof itself is a great chill out spot in the day and good fun at night. Highly recommended!

Nothing special but it does the job. The beds have curtains for privacy, with a security box with a power outlet inside but watch your head, you might bump your head when you wake up in the morning. The roof top is nice to chill with wifi but socially can be limited and the breakfast is pathetic. It works.

Reasonable hostel, staff friendly, a/c in the dorms is a life saver if not used to the heat, roof terrace is nice, but for some unfathomable reason has been painted black, coupled with the lack of shade makes it unbearable in the day and still a bit hot at night (despite the sea breeze). Kitchen is a non event (a hot plate with a broken pan), breakfast is nice.

Basic things like making sure there was toilet paper. Bar not stocked and rarely attended. Staff couldnt provide change whe paying even for only 50 which is only twicce a nights accomodation

• 16th May 2014

its hard to appreciate you comment when you only booked for one night and ended staying more than a week. please make sure your comment is certain and on point. when you comment about change i remember very well you wanted brand new bills for your change. we are not a bank taht can provide new bills any time a guest wants it. our bar is only oppened at night.. our reception is open 24 hours and our staff is ready to attend your needs anytime. even if is something as basic as toilet paper.

Great hostel with a chilled out vibe.The curtains in each dorm bed were a nice touch. The roof top was great for socialising and eating. Bigger lockers would have been great (they could only fit my passport and other valuables).

This is one of the better value hostels in Cartagena, I stayed there a few times during my month in Colombia. The staff are very friendly and helpful but they could do with having more info readily available for guests. Breakfast is also good although it's never ready for 8am. I liked the power points in the lockers and curtains around the beds.

Amazing stay! Was recommend this place by my mates and i can see why! Great atmosphere, got bert well impressed by the helpful staff allways trying to help you with everything! Room were comfortable and clean , nice rooftop were you can play music, read and chill ! Yum breakfast really complete with pancakes ,coffee , milk, fruits or eggs! I really recommend it great value for money! I would stay here again def..

I really loved my stay at The Roof Hostal. I even extended my stay for a couple of days. Staff was very helpful and very fun and outgoing people. One night they all took us out for drinks and some salsa. Dorms are with air con at night, bunk beds with curtains and lockers with sockets inside, so you can charge your stuff while it's locked up. Exito is just 2 minutes away. I'll definitely recommend staying there!

individual lockers w outlets are great and rooftop is nice.. the problem is this hostel seems to be run for the benefit of its staff, who are the only ones that are really hanging out, cooking in their (nicer) staff kitchen, playing their own music loudly, some of them nice but it doesnt make for a very friendly/social atmosphere for the guests. one guy came in really early multiple times to clean and use the bathroom in my dorm, kept waking me, very annoying! i moved to mamallena hostel.

we apologize for any inconvenience. The nicer kitchen that you commented about is NOT a staff kitchen its a kitchen built to offer our guesst the option to buy food, drinks and coctalis. we are very sorry if you couldnt be able to enjoy the ROOf TOP. We make sure to clean the bathrooms before all the guest wake up so that yould find it clean and neat. we invite everyone to come and enjoy the nicest roof top in town. make you ouw party invite other guests and create you own atmosphere. ROOF ROOF

Decent enough hostel for the odd night. Not in the same area as all the other big hostels. Clean. Small lockers with sockets in each bed. Not much English spoken when I was there. More South Americans here than Europeans. Only stayed here because film festival meant all the big hostels were full- this is probably a good place to stay if you're looking to avoid the parties in the big hostels though.

Secure hostel, safe location, good value for Cartagena. Would stay there again.

The hostel was ok. However, the dorm is extremely overcrowded with ten people. It seems as if they're currently doing some construction, which seem like things could improve in the future. The rooftop has tons of potential but needs a lot more development: (ie: more sitting and more shaded areas). When getting breakfast remember there are three choices. We do not recommend getting the pancakes. We did not have a decision in choosing what we wanted.

We apreciate you and your comments. Thank you. At HOSTEL THE ROOF we are constantly improving to make you stay as confotortable as posible. We have more shaded and sitting areas. Our breakfast menu is also improving everyday we invite everyone to come enjoy our HOSTEL THE ROOF EXPERIENCE.We try very hard to make your stay pleasent, and we apologise for any inconveniance..

Nice place. Really friendly owner who lives on site and offers to help with anything. Clean kitchen. Free breakfast. Nice, cool dorm rooms. Easily walk to the walled, castle, and sites about town. Will assist in setting up tours and shuttles elsewhere. Recommended.

Great hostel, good atmosphere and good location. Out of the party zone but close enough. Recommend and would book again if in Cartagena.

Thank you for your comments. we apreciatte it. Our only goal at HOSTEL THE ROOF is to make you stay as pleasent as posible . Our roof top is open 24 hours for all of our guests. we try every day to improve in every aspect of our buissness. come everyone and enjoy the HOSTEL THE ROOF EXPERIENCE: