Hostel Tivoli Reviews

Lepodvorska ulica 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Rooms are not soundproof as advertised, and instead everything from the kitchen and common room can be heard as if you were right there. Reception being open from 8am to 10pm can be problematic as you are expected to call a number to gain access: perhaps expanding these hours to 6-midnight would be perfect. 1 male toilet and 2 female should be 3 unisex instead. Breakfast is great and security is top notch.

Great staff, great value, spotlessly clean. Only real downside is it's not appropriate for self-caterers as the kitchen is very very small, only one person at a time. I have stayed here twice, had great experiences both times.

Clean, modern hostel with friendly, helpful staff. 20 mins from the city centre in a beautiful city at a highly affordable price, can't recommend enough! Only issue we had was not realising the entrance was around the corner from the street address, but a friendly local pointed out the large sign that we missed. Would definitely stay again.

• 10th Dec 2014

Great, cozy Hostel that immediately felt comfortable. The place was extremely clean and new. The staff were very friendly and hospitable, and knowledgeable of the sights and must-dos. Highly recommend.

Staff was great and helpful. The hostel is VERY SMALL. Bunks have lockers in each alcove which is great however, they were dangerous to climb up and down. Almost no solo travelers. While I was there, groups would only socialize among themselves and after only a minute when I arrived, I strck up conversation in the multiple bed dorm...it seemed no one had gotten to know eachother at all. Weird. Staff was really cool.

Our stay at this hostel was great! The design was very modern and it was very clean! I was intimidated at first by the height of the third bunk bed, but it endorsed my climbing skills and was fun to sleep way up high! The breakfast was simple but sufficient, and the atmosphere was excellent! We arrived later than the last check in time, but they were kind enough to wait for us and even offered us a shot of something good! The staff was very friendly, and we even stayed an extra night!! THANKS!

It might be small, but Tivoli has everything you could want or need on your travels in Ljubljana. A short walk from the city center, near the bus/train stations, it's cute, friendly and homey place to be! My friend and I had to leave early so the kind staffer (I think it was Katarina, I'm not sure) made sure that breakfast was available to us and went out of her way to explain to us how to get to where we needed to go in Ljubljana. It's clean, modern and cozy so you should definitely consider it

Came to Ljubljana for a concert with my wife. This was actually our first time sleeping in hostel even though some might find that hotel option was more appropriate for our age but we gave it a go and didn't regret. Good location nearby Tivoli park, extremely friendly staff, very good hygiene, secure, good wi fi plus breakfast , more than good for this money.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Serbia
  • Couple, 41+

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Tivoli. The staff is very helpful and the place is very clean. It's a bit out of town (I did everything by foot and this was actually no problem). I had trouble finding the hostel on celovska ulica at night in the rain, so hopefully they will make a clearer sign

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Loved it. The triple stack bunks are fantastic. The beds are super sturdy and quitrr comfortable. No listening to squeaks as the person above you turns. The staff is exceptional. I sincerely enjoyed talking to Peter during my stay. The hostel has a very relaxed vibe. Location is just a short walk from city centre, and extremely easy to get to the train station. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

We stayed in their double room, it has a tv and sofa. Lovely if a couple want a bit more privacy and their own space to chill. Everything looked brand new. The breakfast was good, a choice of cereals and toast. The only downside it that there are only 2 showers. I imagine there will be a queue when the hostel gets busier in the summer.

It takes about 15 minutes on foot from the train(bus) station but I could find the hostel easily. The bunk beds・・・triple beds were so high! My space was the top of the bed. I was scared of it. Breakfast was good but dining table was so small I needed more space.

good location, great staff!

Small kitchen and a little out of the way from everything except the park but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Small but wonderful, this place is great to relax and have a chat with the other hostel guests. Very clean and new, the only down side would be the location which is a little bit further out from the old town them I would have liked. I would recommend walking through the park as it is a much nicer walk into town. I've rated the security of the place as low due to doors always being left open and no lockers, however the atmosphere here is so friendly I did not feel like I needed anything more.

wonderful place

• 18th Oct 2014

The fact that this a little hostel makes it even better, it was the most welcoming atmosphere and the staff are just the greatest. Not sure how anyone could say a bad word about this place, you'd be silly to stay anywhere else. Especially if you're having a birthday, thanks for making it a good one! :)

This hostel is teenie tinnie! So not much space to social and few people to socialise with!

I loved this place. It is thoughtfully furnished and has everything you need. Each bunk has their own locker and power plug!! The staff were awesome and they made me feel welcomed and at home. Common area was great for people to know each other. I would definitely come back if I were to visit Slovenia again!

The building is small and cozy but the atmosphere is really nice. It's a great place to crash after a long day in Ljubljana or Lake Bled. Easy walk from both the train station and Old Town. The building is a little hard to find, so don't forget the handy walking instructions. The locker situation is fantastic - the lower bunks have large cabinets that can fit multiple backpacks in case not everyone in the group gets such a luxurious locker. Altogether it was a great place to stay.

• 10th Oct 2014