Hostel Ubud Reviews

J.Dewi Sita, Ubud, Indonesia

It's fine for the cost. However don't expect to really meet people or have the staff be able to help you with anything travel related. It's just one big dorm above a bar. It's definitely noisy until about midnight but then it's fine. Bring earplugs and request a bottom bunk in advance if you can.

Good hostel, simple and clean with all necessary facilities.

We spent 5 nights there and loved it! The atmosphere is so cozy. The hotel is right on top of a bar - but you hear almost nothing, when you're in the dorm. And the music are off around 23.30. When we arrived we were a little freaked out, that there wasn't AC but only two fans in a dorm with 10 bunk beds. But it didn't become a problem, because the nights are chilly and the windows are open 24/7 (we didn't have problems with mosquitos though).

• 16th May 2015
  • Denmark

In the same building as a pub/restaurant so didn't feel the most secure and was a bit loud with the band playing. Had to pay 50000rp extra for a locker box. Staff were helpful tho. Pretty good location, close to everything we needed.

Thank you for giving us kind comment. Concerning locker box(safety box),we ask all our guests to pay a deposit of IDR 50.000 which is paid back when you return key. At the same time we ask all our guest to keep private belongings in a plastic locker box of 60 litters (free of charge) which located under the bed.

Great location, big room but they keep it clean, has a decent atmosphere with the bar downstairs. A good option, stayed here 3 nights.

Great people, clean hostel.

This wasn't so much a hostel as it was a room with a bunch of beds above a bar. The location was great - walking distance to the monkey forest and short shuttle ride to the mountain to see the sunrise. Simple breakfast. I was tempted to come here because it was cheap, as were a number of other people I met at the hostel, but there are better choices (I visited one that was much better). Good people at the desk outside the room. The bathrooms were clean. No soap in the showers.

Loved my stay here, very basic but the beds are super comfy and sturdy, clean showers and really quiet at night.

Good hostel, nice bed, clean bathroom, excellent location. Lots of smoking. The staff booked me a (slow boat) tour to Gili Air, which went fine until the end -- the last connection of the tour is a small boat from lombok to Gili Air island. There we were subjected to extortion of 70,000 RP as the rude boat driver told us we could leave only if we paid extra. I refused to pay, and after waiting on the beach for at least 45 min, he finally let us on the boat to get what we had already paid for.

Really impressed with this hostel. Very clean and one of the best hot showers in a long time. It was not the most secure hostel but there are lockers for each bed. Staff were great help with arranging motorbike hire and it is in a great location. Thanks for a fab stay.

Excellent location, hostel was clean and bathroom was pretty Good. Staff helped us book our day trips and give us directions for things around town. Price was good and the location was perfect. All in all the 20 bed dorm was clean and not too loud

I wanted to have a place to meet people, and this was a good place. Staying in a 20-people dorm has the advantage that you naturally meet other people. Clean, because they clean up your bed every day. However, I figured with three other people from the hostel that for the same price you can book an awesome bungalow. Bungalow including awesome swimming pool, classy breakfast and all day around restaurant. My advise: meet people who stay longer in Ubud, and then get a bungalow!

Great hostel ideal for meeting people, great band every night ! Was Clean, helpful and friendly staff recommend staying here !

Great location in the heart of ubud.. A little stuffy cause there were only 2 ceiling fans in a 20bed dorm.

At first I had low expectations but this was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. The staff is lovely, the food in the downstairs resturant is delicious and the guest were great. Everyone is so happy and friendly. Will stay here again if I come to Ubud.

Only 20 beds to this place. But it is very nice and clean. Bathrooms are great. No lockers, but you do get a giant tub to put your things. Location is great and is central to everything. Staff is very friendly. There is a restaurant and bar downstairs which gets pretty lively at night. Let me advise you though, Ubud is not a place to party. Everything except one bar/lounge in the whole town closes at 12 midnight; and even that place is hit or miss sometimes. This is a cool place, I recommend it.

The hostel is in a good location, but I prefer a smaller, more home like atmosphere - there were too many beds in one room for my liking. Everyone can hear when someone uses the bathroom and I prefer more privacy.

2 of the 3 toilets rooms are quite small, for a tall person might just wait for the one toilet that has more space. There is no air circulation on the dorm besides to ceiling fan (consider it is humid and warm all year around

I will definitly be back at this place. Very clean!

Pretty basic accommodations without air con, but it's a great central spot to stay in ubud. Easy to hire scooters, arrange transportation, and set up various activities with the staff