Hostel Ubud Reviews

J.Dewi Sita, Ubud, Indonesia

This hostel is a large room above a restaurant where a live band plays every night until 11. This is annoying if you have to be up at 2am to climb a volcano, but what can you do. Comfortable beds and the place was scrupulously clean. Nice chill-out area and great wifi. Staff was less than helpful in organising an airport transfer but fortunately in Ubud there are travel agencies every couple of metres to sort you out. Nice hot showers but those dinky curtains are just not okay!

The location could have been better! Staff was polite. For 20 beds they could have been more showers and toilets. surprisingly i was sleeping like a baby there and that's with 20 people in one room.

Good Wi-Fi in the room would be nice

I stayed at Hostel Ubud for 5 nights, it's in a fantastic location close to all amenities and has a really nice feel to it. The bathrooms were superb, cleaned really regularly and all brand new and the dorm itself was cleaned daily, the only issues I had were with the change of staff, sometimes you could book, other times you could not and the booking system didn't seem to work as my friends bed got double booked a number of times. Other than that highly recommend staying here

• 11th Aug 2014

Don't be scared of the 20 bed dorm. It is fine, and AC is not needed in Ubud since it's at a slightly higher elevation. Beds are super comfortable, and facilities are VERY clean and brand new. Rock star location and staff is beyond excellent - when I ran into some trouble with my bike they helped me out big time in resolving the issue. I planned to only stay here a few nights but spent over a week because it was so comfortable. Best hostel in Ubud and Indonesia!!

The hostel is the best option for solo travellers who are looking for the cheapest place to stay in the centre. If you are a couple you will find a private room in a home stay in a lower price with breakfast included. As for the hostel itself is a bit crowded with 20 people, but it is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed there couple of nights and I prefered it than Mango tree because of better location and better wifi.

Less of a hostel, more of a large room above a bar. Showers were clean and the beds were comfortable. Not the place to go if you're looking to make friends as it doesn't have much of a social vibe.

Clean clean clean clean. One of the cleanest hostels I've eve stayed at. Music can be a little loud at night from the band downstairs but it ends by 11pm!

Great pool, staff we're lovely and friendly. We'll be back to stay here at the end of the week. Just a bit out of the centre of kuta but a taxi in on the meter is still less than staying anywhere closer. The 4 bed dorm was actually a twin room but that's no problem for us.

Thank you for giving us nice comment. But it seems you gave us another hostel's comment. Please send your warm comment to the right place. They will appreciate a lot !

I loved my stay in Ubud Hostel. With 20 people in one room it can get awkward, but we really where a group and I had such a great time! It was clean and the location was great. Thank you!

Stayed at Hostel Ubud for 5 nights. It is a good option for people who are looking for a dorm style hostel in central Ubud. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful (mainly the people who work during the day). Only downsides are: too many beds in the room! The room feels cramped with 10 bunk beds in the room! It made for the air to be quite stuffy and also very warm at times (no a/c). Locks are also needed on the main doors! Lastly, the bar food downstairs may make you sick! Be Careful

the lockers are small and do not fit a backpack. there is loud live music from the restaurant in the evenings, though it does end at 10pm. resting between 6-10pm can be a challenge with the volume. the place is clean and tidy, with friendly staff.

Very weird hostel.....not really a hostel as such as is just a big room upstairs from a bar/restaurant, which plays live music every night until fairly late. The showers are weird as only have curtains and not proper doors. The location is good and bunk beds non wobbly but I still think happy mango tree has the edge. Saying that I did enjoy my stay here....apart from the nights woken up by there noisy dutch girls. Bring ear plugs.

Really helpful staff, very clean dorm and super location highly recommend it for chilling out!

Thank you for choosing Hostel Ubud for your recent stay in Ubud. We are very glad to hear your comment as our staffs have been working hard to keep our accommodation clean and comfortable since the opening in April. As we located in the center of Ubud,our guests are so often enjoying going out and coming back for taking rest every day. Also you could enjoy World Cup games with wide screen TV at 1F restaurant ! Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Hostel Ubud the next time !

Great staff, over top a bar that plays live music now and then so it's nice to go down and listen. Good location, near enough to monkey forest road and the markers.

Thank you for choosing Hostel Ubud for your recent stay in Ubud. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed live music performing 4 times every week at the 1F restaurant. Thanks for your comment about our great location for sightseeing,shopping and eating ! We are always eager to hear what you liked or disliked and how we can improve our service. Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Hostel Ubud the next time.