Hostel Ubud Reviews

J.Dewi Sita, Ubud, Indonesia

Loved my stay here, very basic but the beds are super comfy and sturdy, clean showers and really quiet at night.

Really impressed with this hostel. Very clean and one of the best hot showers in a long time. It was not the most secure hostel but there are lockers for each bed. Staff were great help with arranging motorbike hire and it is in a great location. Thanks for a fab stay.

I wanted to have a place to meet people, and this was a good place. Staying in a 20-people dorm has the advantage that you naturally meet other people. Clean, because they clean up your bed every day. However, I figured with three other people from the hostel that for the same price you can book an awesome bungalow. Bungalow including awesome swimming pool, classy breakfast and all day around restaurant. My advise: meet people who stay longer in Ubud, and then get a bungalow!

Great hostel ideal for meeting people, great band every night ! Was Clean, helpful and friendly staff recommend staying here !

Great location in the heart of ubud.. A little stuffy cause there were only 2 ceiling fans in a 20bed dorm.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Singapore

At first I had low expectations but this was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. The staff is lovely, the food in the downstairs resturant is delicious and the guest were great. Everyone is so happy and friendly. Will stay here again if I come to Ubud.

The hostel is in a good location, but I prefer a smaller, more home like atmosphere - there were too many beds in one room for my liking. Everyone can hear when someone uses the bathroom and I prefer more privacy.

2 of the 3 toilets rooms are quite small, for a tall person might just wait for the one toilet that has more space. There is no air circulation on the dorm besides to ceiling fan (consider it is humid and warm all year around

I will definitly be back at this place. Very clean!

Pretty basic accommodations without air con, but it's a great central spot to stay in ubud. Easy to hire scooters, arrange transportation, and set up various activities with the staff

Lovely hostel and the staff are more than helpful.

The prev accommodations I stayed in Ubud were hotels/bungalows which I found difficult to meet other travellers therefore I booked 3 nights in Hostel Ubud. The hostel is one large room with 20 beds and then two bathrooms and two showers, I have to say the Hostel was immaculately clean, very socialable and in a great location (above bamboo bar). The owner was lovely and could not do enough to help me find a good spa - lol! I would very much recommemd any solo travellers to check out here!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Like the other backpacker's hostel the price was reasonable but there were less privacy in the dorm. In addition Wi-fi was a little bit poor.

Pros: Good location Clean toilets and showers Cheap Cons: Found loads of bedbugs in my bed after being bitten numerous times! Absolutely boiling, only 2 fans in the room which were slow and did not make a difference. Sometimes outside (temperature of 32 degrees) was cooler than inside! And many slept outside on the sofas due to it being too warm.

• 24th Nov 2014

Great hostel at great location!

Hostel is one big room with a lot of people so it gets really hot at night even with the windows open. The quantity of people in one room also makes it tough to get a full night sleep without ear plugs or headphones - there is always people waking up early to climb the nearby mountain. Other than that, the facilities are good as is the location.

Relaxed Atmosphere, above a restaurant with live music. Friendly helpful staff

I don't think the location could get much better, within walking distance of the monkey forest and the Ubud market. The room was simple and clean. The staff was helpful and arranged cheap and convenient transportation to Gili T.

There aren't too many budget options around so it was good in that respect. The downside is that the wall separating the toilet/showers from the dorm is not sound proof...so it can be hard to sleep undisturbed

I didn't expect much from a 20-persons-bedroom, but it was nearly the quietest Hostel I have been. Cleanliness and atmosphere are good and it's easy to get in touch with other people. I definitely recommend it!