Hostel Uppelink Ghent Reviews

Sint-Michielsplein 21, Gent, Belgium

Actually the best hostel i've ever been!

• 4th Feb 2016

Excellent location to the city centre. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. All was good during the visit. Only downside was that the toilets and showers were not on the same floor or level as the dorms. However big and clean.

This was a great hostel! Nice location with an awesome view. Common area and guest kitchen were great! Rooms had plenty of space. Only thing I didn't love were the bathrooms/showers...smelled a little musty and the push-button shower system wasn't ideal (but overall it was fine). Would recommend!

Very nice hostel and perfect location. All the facilities were clean and the common areas were nice. Breakfast was perfect.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Spain

The location is really amazing for a Hostel. The bar is pricey, and doesn't have many options, not really a bar atmosphere Somebody stole my friend's scatf from his jacket inside the room, but I guess that was bad luck as well. The kitchen is very good, great view. Overall it's a great hostel, I would definetly recommend it.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Portugal

I was in room 10 - ladies request it. Amazing view!! Staff were really helpful and friendly. Had a lovely time and will be back. Ghent is beautiful and so fun!

Experience couldn't be better. Amazing everything. From the location, atmosphere and staff.

One of the best designed hostel dorms I've ever seen! Located in a listed building in the middle of the old town. Great place. Only down side is the showers need shelving in order to hold all your products and a better splash guard system so you can actually get your feet dry.

The only negative point, apart from an incident one night with some other guests (which is not fault of the hostel, but the bad behaviour and lack of politeness of the guests) is that the hostel staff gives you the bed sheets and you have to put the duvet and everything. I think that can be done by the hostel staff easily and the experience from the guests would be much better.

Excelent service and beautiful place

Beautiful building on the canal. More like a hotel. Small bar with reasonable prices. Nice guest kitchen.

Really loved the location of this hostel! Great breakfast/bar area. Friendly and helpful staff. Would have been better if more toilets with the shared showers. Also shower floors always wet. Also be prepared for the flights of stairs but inevitable in a medieval building!

I've stayed at dozens of hostels and this one was definitely the most beautiful!! I was surprised since it was so old but they've done a great job remodeling. The gathering area had a great atmosphere and the staff were incredibly nice!!

Wow. Best hostel I've ever been to. It has a bar inside, and the beds are very comfortable. Service was terrific as well. I was spoiled by going during a down time. I do wish it had a laundry facility in house..it was a bit of a walk

Amazing 2 nights stay in the Hostel - very picturesque location right in the city centre.

• 27th Nov 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed in nice big rooms with a beautiful view. I've seen this place rated as one of the top 5 in the world and I would agree. Ghent is awesome and the hostel is right where you want it to be. Price is definitely worth what you get! A must stay in my opinion.

Absolutely terrific hostel. I would gladly stay there again.

Amazing hostel, best I've stayed at in Europe. I don't get why they haven't turned it into a fancy hotel considering the location. Staff is helpful and friendly. Common area are filled w leather couches, views of the canal and churches, high ceilings. If you're going to Belgium (not just Ghent) do not miss the Hostel Uppelink.

Hostel uppelink We two walked 4km on a cold, blustery and rainy Saturday evening from Megabus (Campanile) drop off using mapswithme. Arriving cold, wet and bedraggled, at the amazing old pictureskew 1662 building on the river by the bridge, late we were warmly welcomed and offered coffee on the house. Check in/receptionist chap was very friendly and efficient. Heating would be put on (controlled remotely from desk computer) and (returnable) towels offered at €1.50. See tripad for rest....

• 21st Nov 2015

Big old building so lots of creaky floors. Personal light and powerpoint for each bunk. Staff friendly, comfy common areas. Good free breakfast, good walking tour from hostel, great central location

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7