Hostel Uppelink Reviews

Sint-Michielsplein 21, Gent, Belgium

This hostel has an excellent location, friendly staff, big bedrooms, wifi was good, normal breakfast. Could be cleaner. As an average was good. Gent is a cool belgian city to visit.

The location is excellent, rooms are spacious and clean. Free breakfast is good. It is not a typical backpackers hostel but more a hostel with all kinds of people and ages. It is possible to meet other travellers whilst you are traveling alone.

Amazing place !!

nice and comfortable place in great location

Unbelievable location, 100% going back to Ghent and 100% staying here again!

Clean hostel, affordable prices , perfect location. definently come back here again! S.F.L.Blaauw NLD

PERFECT! The house is beautiful, the location is amazing, the staff is welcoming, and there was not one single issue. Unfortunately there was not really a social life in the hostel, however it's easy to make friends in Gent! Protip: Make sure to grab a beer and sit outside on the beautiful patio, while getting jealous looks by everyone passing by.

The staff at Uppelink were very friendly and knowledgable. I appreciated their local advice! The hostel is centrally located in Gent and is a great facility for travelers. It was very clean and they offer free breakfast every morning. Thanks again!

• 10th Aug 2014

Without a doubt the best place I stayed at during my trip. From the location itself, to the staff and their professionalism and kindness, everything about this place was amazing.

• 10th Aug 2014

This has been one of my favorite hostel experiences so far. The location is incredible, right up against the beautiful city center. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay, from before we checked in to even after we checked out. I'd definitely stay here again on a second trip to Gent.

• 9th Aug 2014

The hostel was great, in all your categories. I stayed there 5 nights with my three children. It felt like a home in the center of the city, with all the main sites in view from the front door.

• 9th Aug 2014

We felt that the staff were exceptionally welcoming and helpful in every-way, and please let them know that we thought so. The location of the hostel could not be better, with a magnificent view and easy access to the leading site-seeing locations. All-in-all we had an excellent stay.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The included breakfast was really great. The staff was also very helpful in helping me figure out where to catch the megabus. I wish I had stayed longer than one night.

Rooms are so big that you feel you are in a hotel room not hostel. Showers have a room inside that you can use for dressing.Its in the middle of city center. Location is amazing. Worth the money you pay

Beautiful old building for a hostel. The friendly staff were very happy to point out their favourite local hot spots. Breakfast was lovely too.

great location, very very nice and helpful staff. the public area is well-designed and very good for a chat with Belgium beer with other fellow travelers. the view of the river and cathedral is great! And enjoyed cooking my own meal in the kitchen because most shops closed at 6pm. breakfast was good, too.probably one of the best hostel I have ever lived.

best hostel ever! The atmosphere was great, the room was big and clean, the breakfast was good and the staff helpful. The location is perfect too. The only thing I would change is the number of the toilets: maybe it would be better to have one or two more, but anyway it's still ok. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

I was really very impressed with this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great, very relaxed atmosphere of the hostel, good rooms, good bathrooms, enough powerpoints, good wifi, and the location of this hostel is absolutely perfect. The location alone is reason enough to stay here. Seriously. Beautiful area, and close to everything. The view from my room was to die for. I will stay here again if I come to Ghent.

as always there is potential problem with a full hostel & the number of toilets/showers available Very good hostel with approachable & very helpful staff recommended highly for anyone who wants to visit ghent!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Hostel was located very near the main square and near lots of fantastic bars, this was great a part from it meant there was a bit noise when trying to sleep. All staff were really helpful and the hostel was very secure. Lovely rooms and good shower facilities. Would definitely stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7