Hostel Uppelink Reviews

Sint-Michielsplein 21, Gent, Belgium

The only thing missing to make it perfect is a microwave. Everything else was great!

This hostel is one of the best ever! I loved stay in this hostel.

Perfect location and amazing staff make this place awesome. Great showers and comfy beds are also a pro. On the backside there's a weird rule that you can't bring beers inside. In Belgium!! They do have a bar, but prices and choice are not what a beer lover would want to have. Generally recommended!

Fantastic location, incredibly friendly and helpful staff, great beds--everything within their control was top notch except for maybe the cleanliness of the bathrooms

An amazing place to stay. Would recommend it to anyone staying in Gent. My view was STUNNING and the location is PERFECT. Stay here - seriously.

This hostel gets everything right; beautiful building in a great central location. Friendly, helpful and available staff. Rooms are big, clean and well equipped. Each bed has a lamp and a power socket, the free internet is throughout the building. Breakfast is very good and there are no hidden charges anywhere. Highly recomended

The best location you can have in Ghent, awesome building & atmosphere, delicious breakfast (included in the price), very friendly staff. The only thing that could be improved are the showers.

Thank you for your nice review! We will check the showers. Hope to see you some other time in our hostel.

Hostel Uppelink in Gent seemed to be a great place to stay but when we got there, everything exceeded our expectations by a large margin. Magnificent building in a central location (we almost walked past it as it didn't look like a building that has a hostel), large and clean rooms, super friendly and helpful staff doing far more for us than we had any right to expect. Breakfast felt as eating in Hogwarts, only without Harry Potter - relaxed atmosphere, many young people. Highly recommended!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Estonia
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you for your nice review! We are very pleased and we hope to welcome you again in our hostel some other time.

The location is frankly amazing, from my experience it can only be compared to YHA sydney habour, despite the landscapes are very different. It does not have kitchen but the bar is nice and there are plenty of places around for eating at every possible budget level.

Thank you for your nice review! I can tell you that there's coming a kitchen soon in our hostel, from the beginning of june our guests will have the possibility to cook their own meals (or cook together). We are very pleased and we hope to welcome you again in our hostel some other time. I

Perfect location, exactly in the centre of the city (from my window I could see the river and the main square). Staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast included and they have also a bar: positive for the atmosphere, even if when I was there, almost no one was there. Their computers are extremely slow, but the wifi is ok (if you use your device).

Thank you for your nice review and your fair remark about the computers We hope to see you some other time in our hostel!

The service and location was excellent. It would be great if you had a kitchen though. Staff is really nice and attentive.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Wow. If there was a perfect hostel in a perfect city, this is it. I was welcomed by the most friendly staff I've ever met (ended up being the owners). The view form the hostel is the best view in town, overlooking the river and from the top floor. Breakfast included which was nice. This felt more like a hotel than it did a hostel, thumbs up everyone there!

Thank you very much Michael, great to hear that and nice meeting you!

The most welcoming and helpful staff I've ever encountered! Lovely hostel, in a perfect location.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice and spacious. Great location. Recommend staying here!

Better location impossible, in the middle of the city center. Breakfast was simple, but good (some types of bread, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee & tea). The employees were friendly and helpful. The hostel has a nice common room with computers, close to the bar, where everybody hangs out, making it easier to meet other travelers. Rooms were big, but with small lockers.

This hostel is in the perfect location - you can see the main churches, etc. from your window! The rooms are very spacious, clean, comfortable beds with good wifi and lockers. The showers are on the top floor, a little annoying with a push button, but clean and lots for everyone. Breakfast in the morning was basic but, that's expected. Besides some crazy dorm-mates (including an insane snorer!), I would recommend this hostel for future stays in Gent!

This is the second time I stay and I always have excelent comments! I love this place

Very good! Great breakfast, rooms and service. The location is also very good! I really recomend the hostel and the city!

Amazing location and staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, good wifi, totally recommend it for a great time in Gent. Breakfast could improve...was too simple. Overall great hostel.

Only two cons with this place: 1) girls may not like the shared facilities with men (both toilets and showers), but Im a guy so I didn't care 2) I think the check-in security was a bit slack, they need to take a copy of the ID or at least visually see it themselves. Other than that - this was a really really good hostel. Loved my stay here!!!

Thank you for your fair review. The day you were here it was the first time since our opening 1,5 years ago that things had been stolen from our customers. It made us realize as well we have to tighten our check-in security. At the moment we are already experimenting with taking copies of the ID’s, as you suggested. We hope that this measure – in combination with our security cameras and our key card access system – will discourage people with bad intentions even more in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3