Hostel Uppelink Reviews

Sint-Michielsplein 21, Gent, Belgium

This hostel is beautiful and as others have described it feels like a hotel! In a perfect location, the staff are very helpful, beds are super clean, and there is a common room and dining area!

Beautiful hostel

I enjoyed staying at Hostel Uppelink Ghent. The staff were very helpful, the location is excellent and the facilities were first class.

• 14th Sep 2014

Very Well Worth Stay. Definitely one of the best hostel I've been staying in my Belgium trip.

Excellent hostel! So close to the center and an awesome atmosphere. I was only passing through Ghent for a night but would definitely stay here if I come back. Helpful staff as well!

Really friendly staff. Great breakfast. Great rooms. Kitchen for communal use. Great communal areas with quality bottled beers available to buy. Right in the historic centre. Atmosphere spot on - clean, welcoming to all types, but real character - not clinical. Everything a hostel should be (and more!)

Stayed for a weekend and loved it. The facilities are great, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is pretty much perfect! I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Gent and this hostel was a big part of it.

Really good hostel but abit too fancy for my taste, I like my hostels more cozy, simple and cheaper. It was a nice stay nonetheless.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It has a beautiful view over a canal and some beautiful old churches, is a beautiful old building and has wonderful friendly staff. The only downside is that because it is right in the middle of things you can get a bit of road traffic.

Hostel Uppelink is the best hostel I've yet to stay in. The view is incredible as you're right in the heart of old town overlooking beautiful bridges, canals, churches, and cathedrals. Everything you want to do is within walking distance. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. If I had ONE tip for Belgium it would be to stay at this hostel in Ghent and make it your home base for day excursions to anywhere in Belgium. You will not be disappointed.

Uppelink Hostel is one of the most attractive hostels I've ever stayed in and located in the prettiest 500m² of Gent. It's in an historical building that was previously a restaurant (amongst other things). The staff were quite friendly and especially helpful when someone in the building stole my iPhone - they were able to check the CCTV and find the perpetrator! The only criticisms I can think of: (1) no air-conditioning, (2) lots of street noise, (3) poor wifi connection on ground floor.

Great spot. Helpful staff, tasty breakfasts, nice facilities. No complaints.

• 1st Sep 2014

The best hostel I've stayed at in my month and a half in Europe. It's in the center of everything. Beautiful views of the canal and city center. The staff are helpful, friendly and fun to chat with. There is a reading light and outlet next to every bed AND THEY ALL WORK! the clientele is quiet, but if you reach out (start a game of jenga in the common area) you'll meet lots of great people. The Wi-Fi can be spotty.

• 31st Aug 2014

The hostel is the best that I had stayed in my life! Big rooms, I definitely would return. I stayed in a 12 people room, but it was a big room, and maybe in common hostels in the same room they would put 20 people there. The security could improve, like, with big boxes under de beds, like grades to put the luggage. The bathrooms and showers are amazing, very cleaned, and spacious as well. The kitchen is very well equipped.

Had a really good time in uppelink Especially the bed was so clean andcomfy Would love to visit again!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

The location was perfect. The wifi didn't really work in the room and the shower was on a different floor. The staff was very helpful.

Fallen in love with the hostel and with the city. Highly recommended

This hostel has an excellent location, friendly staff, big bedrooms, wifi was good, normal breakfast. Could be cleaner. As an average was good. Gent is a cool belgian city to visit.

Lovely staff - so helpful, happy and sweet. In a beautiful old building that used to be a restaurant. Very warm. Lovely old rooms.

The location is excellent, rooms are spacious and clean. Free breakfast is good. It is not a typical backpackers hostel but more a hostel with all kinds of people and ages. It is possible to meet other travellers whilst you are traveling alone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7