Hostel Uppelink Reviews

Sint-Michielsplein 21, Gent, Belgium

The place is beautiful, clean and has an amazing location! Love the staff too, they were very friendly and helpful :)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Loved this hostel. I had a very pleasant stay.

Great hostel, as central as you can be. Very helpful staff and great cooking facilities in the kitchen. Really liked the funky common area. They televised the World Cup final and made pancakes for guests for free. Rooms were always clean and well maintained. Only negative was the noise from outside at night. Windows needed to be left open because there was no air con and it was very hot. Also had a noisy bunch in the room, but the hostel has no control over this. I'd definitely recommend it!

I satyed in Uppelink for 6nights. There is very nice hostel. Empolyee, everybody very kind. :) And good point, clean, breakfast is good. I could see nice view in the room. If I visit to Gent again, I will book to Uppelink again. :) Thank you so much, Uppelink. ❤️

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and they genuinely wanted guests to have a good time in Ghent. The hostel is located in a perfect spot, and the lounge area made it very easy to meet other backpackers. The bar services at night were nice as well, mainly because it was still a calm atmosphere. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Ghent!

This is an amazing hostel! They have everything - a nice bar, a full kitchen, computers, friendly staff, spacious rooms. It was clean, comfortable and felt safe. Their sheets were even soft and smelt good, and they had free homemade waffles one night. I would love to stay here again.

Great hostel, ive been travelling for about a month now, easily the best hostel i have stayed in, really new, clean, and has the best view of the city, staff was really cool, chilled out and hung out with the guests, Dris was especially cool guy. Ghent and this hostel has easily been the highlight of my trip so far

Small points for improvement: the showers go dirty easily (especially around the turning points of the doors, where dirt can accumulate; lack of hooks in the room to hang coats / towels; helpful if there were little shelves at each bed (glasses, book, telephone, earplugs)

Fun hostel, great vibe, very easy to meet people! Would stay again!

I have stayed in many places in Europe, Africa & Asia. This place is my favorite! The staff is do helpful and relaxed. The bathrooms are clean and the rooms are kept clean. It is not a loud, party hostel. It is just a good place to hang out and enjoy yourself. You are near everything. You can walk everywhere .

Very good hostel and I would definitely stay here again, the only thing that let's it down is the small lockers in the dorms. If you don't mind taking all the most valuable things out to put into a locker you won't mind. However if like me you prefer to put your whole bag into a locker then you'll be disappointed. Location is absolutely amazing.

Best hostel ever. Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Ghent. The beds were so comfortable, the common area was a lot of fun (we had free homemade Belgian waffles one night!), and the location couldn't have been better. You walk out of the hostel and onto the super-scenic main square. Ghent is such a great city, and the views from our room were unbelievable! Would highly, highly recommend.

Friendly Staff. Was in a 12 bed dorm, but the bedside light didnt work. There were no plug sockets near my bed, or any shelving. Yes it is a hostel, but i dont think it takes much just to put up a shelf and a plug socket. In my last hostel in bruge called lybeers they had this and it was very good. The toilets felt like public loos.

• 7th Jul 2014

Wow! This place is amazing. Very friendly and helpful staff. Really the best location in Gent - right next to the historic quarter. There are a fair number of quiet people but there are also a fairly contingent of loud people who just want to drink and party. They made the atmosphere in the common rooms less pleasant. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay here and think the value for the location and service is phenomenal.

The best hostel I was ever hosted! Gentle and attentive employees, wonderful building and decoration and great atmosphere!

Booked three nights, stayed for eight! Can't speak highly enough, best hostel and best stay of my trip so far. Nicest staff, best views from the rooms, really nice new kitchen (with somewhat space-age hotplates - although that might just be me stuck in the past) and just the best goddamn location! Wasn't a single downside to the stay. Plus they play decent music in the hang out areas! If you are in Ghent you should definitely stay here.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • joejonzz

I had a very nice experience generally. The only thing I would change would be to be able to check-in earlier than 3pm. Other than that, top notch!

• 5th Jul 2014

Cleanest, friendliest, best run hostel I have ever been to on 3 continents! Great staff, breakfast, rooms and bathrooms. Love the atmosphere. I will return to this place and recommend it!

one of the if not the best hostel in Europe that I stay in. IN the center overlooking the river, great staff, just simply amazing

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Location is perfect, and with that a tad noisy with the windows open at night. Everything is quite secure with key entry to every door, and lockers (but no locks) provided in room. Staff helpful, and great breakfast. Also, activities planned with hostel in a great common area are a plus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6