Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

We had a fabulous stay. We stayed with children in the family room. Claudia and Juan were both absolutely fantastic and very responsive. They helped us sort out all our itinerary issues. This is a multigenerational hostel and not a party house. We would definitely stay here next time we are in San Jose.

• 3rd Feb 2016

I felt like the advertisement was misleading in making you think it was a more lively hostel. San Jose is definitely more of a stop over than a destination. I payed for five nights but only stayed one. Not really the hostels fault though. San Jose just needs to better invest in its city and make more appealing so people will want to stay.

Very clean hostel. Very good staff and nice neighboorhood.

This hostel is always 100% friendly and chill. The staff is respectful and accommodating, and the layout of the building makes it possible to sleep/relax in quiet or hang out with friends and make a little bit of noise in the outside areas. I recommend it to any friends I have staying in San Jose.

• 31st Jan 2016

One of my favourite hostels. So clean and comfortable. Lovely snd helpful staff in what felt like a safer area of San Jose. Would definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels I stayed in while in Costa Rica. Nice people, great beds, excellent breakfast and a real pool table. Highly recommended!

Really friendly welcoming staff who are happy to point you in the right direction. Large open communal areas for people to hang out & Pool table. Also have facilities to clean clothes. They use doorbell for entry to hostel and lockable cupboards underneath beds so good security. Bank just across the street. Great place to stay although not loads to do in San Jose.

Staying at Hostel Urbano was the best part of San Jose for me. We got stuck there due to a flight cancellation and it was time well spent. They have a great social atmosphere, everyone was kind and helpful and tremendously entertaining. The double bed room was quite cozy and we felt very safe. We didn't find much to do in San Jose, but Juan recommended a bunch of excellent vegetarian restaurants. Bonus: Hostel Urbano is surrounded by great vegetarian food. I highly recommend it!

Great staff that help you with anything. Nice people passing through. Second stay. Behind the hostel lots of pubs and restaurants because university us there. Safe area. Really good hostel.. Jason.

I stayed one night at Hostel Urbano when I arrived in San Jose. They provided lots of advice about arriving by email a few days before and arranged for a private taxi to collect me from the airport. They gave me the driver's contact details which was handy as It took almost an hour to get through customs and immigration. The room was lovely and the pancakes for breakfast delicious. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel stay! Very friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in or near San Jose.

Wonderful place, great staff

I loved this hostel. I felt at home there and the staff went above and beyond for me and my friend. Also, the pancake breakfast was superb.

• 9th Jan 2016

Great hostel with a laid back atmosphere and helpful/friendly staff! I think the location needs to be mentioned in a more obvious way. The hostel is not in San Jose but in San Pedro which is further East.

We were here for only one night and I wish we could have done more! Next time I'm in Costa Rica I may have to purposely stop by San Jose just to stay here again. The hostel was spacious, clean and super hip. Loved the pool room, hammocks, TV, courtyard, and all the awesome quotes scattered around. The bathrooms were a little far off and confusing to get to at first - also there's only two of them on the first floor - but were otherwise pretty clean. Looking forward to coming back.

For a one night stay, this was a great experience. The staff especially was amazing and helpful. The atmosphere and vibe were perfect. Met some amazing people during my stay. A good place to kick start your costa rica trip!

Great hostel. Decent pancake breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helped give us suggestions for where to go around San Jose.

The hot water in the second floor bathroom is not working very well. Juan and Alonso and a gril who speaks several languages were very helpful.

Juan and the team were very friendly and helpful! Great atmosphere and good people. Looking forward to my next stay there.

• 25th Dec 2015

The staff was extremely helpful -- recommending tours and booking them for me. However, the hostel room (Private Room immediately to the right after entering from the gate) was somewhat inconvenient - the main door lock did not lock properly and was located a bit away from the bathroom.

• 24th Dec 2015