Hostel Urbano

• San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica
9.0
Superb 708 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 708 Total Reviews
Hostel Urbano Located at San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Pedro, Montes de Oca 195-2050 San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca
90% 708
9.9331221 -84.0527701
    Rooms available

19th May 2016

This hostel is clean, safe, and located close to a grocery store and to buses to get downtown. The only issue I had was with the Argentine man working at the hostel. He made me feel uncomfortable with his sexist and machismo comments about me. I did not appreciate being told I belonged in the kitchen as I made my lunch. All other staff was awesome and really helpful!

17th May 2016

Juan, the owner/ manager, was awesome--very funny and helpful. Nice hostel, in terms of atmosphere and style. Walls a little thin at night but it quieted down after 10 and 11. Location is right in the center of the university area and across from a park and only about a 15 minute bus ride to downtown. Felt very safe.

17th May 2016

Solid spot near a vibrant and seemingly safe university area. Only drawback was that I had a flight to catch, and this place is pretty far from the airport so you're looking at their expensive taxi or a string of public buses (hispanohablantes only) to get there

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th May 2016

Everyone was absolutely amazing, even the other guests. Would definitely stay here again.

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th May 2016
8.0

Good hostel with a nice little garden out the back with a lovely cat :) Close to student bars and supermarkets.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
1st May 2016

This hostel has some great common areas & a really nice vibe. The kitchen facilities & free breakfast are great & the staff are very kind/helpful/available. It's located in a nice part of SJ which feels safe & vibrant - in close proximity to the university. Buses into town are frequent & easy to use & cost roughly 50c/ride. Lots of supermarkets close by. Just 2 things - The property would definitely benefit from more bathrooms, and the central private room was loud & stuffy, it needs aircon :-)

• USA, Male, 41+
27th Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my one night stay at Hostel Urbano. The best part was the staff who were very helpful in helping me to plan my first trip to Costa Rica. I also appreciated the simple breakfast and the availability of computers for free. As much as I liked the place, it is in the middle of the big city (not particullarly close to the airport), and on my next trip I likely will avoid going into San Jose at all. But, I do recommend the hostel if you are in the neighborhood. Nice garden. Nice peopl

• michellouise
  • Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

We walked into Hostel Urbano and felt like we walked into our own home. Juan let us put our bags in our room before checking in and his sarcasm made us laugh even after a rough day of travel. The dorms were big and clean, beds super comfy and bathrooms spacious and spotless. The kitchen was well stocked and functional and the living spaces were varied and comfortable. I can easily see how people live here. Juan also makes delicious pancakes for breakfast, a talent only second to his sarcasm.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Apr 2016
7.4

I only stayed here one night, however was made to feel very welcome by staff. Would recommend.

• risarenay3254
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Apr 2016

Great hostel with great staff. There's really homey lived in vibe here which is good if you're looking for a relaxing stay rather than a party hostel. The hostel is located in an area outside the touristy city center, and close to the university which means there are plenty of good cheap food options and bars nearby. The city center is easily accessible by bus for about 60 cents and 10 minutes of your time. Would definitely stay here again!