Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

Pros: The staff are amazing! Willing to help on anyway. By far the best staff I have had to deal with in the past 7 months. Internet is very good an accessible everywhere in the hostel. Beds are comfortable and clean. Very clean hostel overall with good places to relax, watch TV etc and play pool. Cons: Location is not the best but there is a mall and restaurants close by. There was also one strange guy that worked at the hostel. The other guy cooking in the morning was nice though.

Great hostel! The two girls at the front desk are so helpful whenever you have a question. They hooked us up with two other travelers d for a taxi ride to a bus stop. we ended up traveling together for 2 weeks and departed as new friends! Thanks for that goes to the hostel staff! The place is clean, kitchen is well equipped, breakfast is included and comprises tasty pancakes, fruit and coffee.

Greate place to stay, I will come back there!

The staff here are amazing, always happy and willing to help you any way they can. There are lots of common areas to use which is also great. They have set themselves a hard task keeping this very white hostel clean. It could use a good spring clean in some areas but overall the cleanliness is very good.

Stayed here four nights and must say, Hotel Urbano was one of the best hostel stays I've ever had! Superb facilites, great staff, and just an overall sophisticated, clean, safe atmosphere. Lots of great local art and handicrafts abound; I loved it and will definitely return!

I would definitely stay here again. It was a very clean hostel and the staff was very helpful - she even walked with me outside when I had to leave to help me get a taxi. They also had pancakes already made and fresh fruit for breakfast. The downside was that it was a $7 taxi ride from the bus station and since I was just spending 1 night there the cab fare there and back was a bit costly.

EXCELLENT spot to stay in san jose. The mixed dorm beds were comfortable, bathrooms spotless, breakfast delicious. The BEST part is the AMAZING staff. Each and every person who works here goes above and beyond to help you out. They call tour companies for you, let you use their phone, greet you with a smile, are super patient, answer all questions, and are so, so kind. I can't say enough positive things about the staff here. Thank you SO much for everything!

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed at ! :D

• 28th Jun 2015

Overall, fantastic. Only problem was that for one of the days, the internet wasn't working for about 10 hours, and on the other day, it didn't work in our room (had to use the common areas instead).

Overall a great stay, the hostel is clean, the staff is friendly, and it is definitely a bargain for the price. For whatever reason the atmosphere was a little odd, most of the other guests seemed to have no interest in one another, but this was definitely not a reflection of the place or staff at all

The best hostel when you want to feel like you're at home.

• 15th Jun 2015

Definitely one of the best places to stay in San Jose and is one of my favourite of Costa Rica. Pancakes and fruit breakfast, great living room to chill out and kitchen to cook food if needed. Also, nice and clean dorms with friendly staff, what else do you need!?

Loved the courtyard, and the staff were super helpful.

• 4th Jun 2015

LOVED this hostel! The garden is so nice to chill out in and it's easy to make friends here. Also, the location near the university is awesome because there is great food and a great party atmosphere in the neighborhood. I always felt safe and the staff was very knowledgeable. I recommend this hostel to anyone staying in San Jose. Pro tip: in Costa Rica, to get a hot shower, you have to barely turn the knob. Otherwise the water can't get heated fast enough.

Juan is the best!! We have been to many hostels this trip in Costa Rica and this one is still our favorite by far!!! Free delicious breakfast, very friendly and attentive staff, everything was clean and the vibe was really chill with everyone there. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm and still felt more comfortable than some 4 or 6 beds. Highly recommend! Love, Jess and Holly from California

What a great hostel experience! I stayed at many throughout Costa Rica, and this was by far the best. Clean, secure, airy building with large backyard area perfect for hanging out and meeting other travelers. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Pancake breakfast in the morning. I went out of my way to stay here - as opposed to a hostel closer to the airport - and don't regret it one bit. Great place!

• 28th May 2015

Trusting service, everyone including other backpackers were very welcoming, clean rooms, and breakfast is provided. Loved our stay!

• 23rd May 2015

Very helpful staff all day and night long. Walking distances to some amazing raw/vegan cafe. Just dont expect to sleep in the double room with shared bathroom. Its between the noise from the traffic and noise from reception!

• 22nd May 2015

I loved my staying here. I truly wish I had a longer time than just a few hours. I love the little notes everywhere. The style and the internal design. I love how the lights and twinkling lights. I also enjoyed the wooden bunk beds. The kitchen was also the best set up I've seen in all the hostels I've stayed at. I truly enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd May 2015

The staff was so friendly and helpful!! This hostel was clean and so nice. Even though it is in San Pedro, it was only a quick bus ride to the heart of San Jose.

« first « Prev 1 2 3