Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

The guy at the reception is an angel! He's really nice! The place is really well secured and is really clean. It's a bit far from every activities, but as I noticed, it looked like you're far from everything in San Jose, there's always traffic! The atmosphere at the hostel was pleasant, there's a pool table, free access to computers.. Its a beautiful complete hostel.

Best hostel at the end of a four week trip in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Friendly staff, very clean and nice breakfast. Good location in student area, nicer than downtown in my opinion. Would stay there again if I'm back in San Jose.

We really enjoyed our short but sweet stay here. The hostel is SO CLEAN which was a total dream after some of the places we've stayed. Really great communal spaces, spacious room (we had a private with shared bathroom) and the showers were hot if you put them on low pressure. Pancakes for breakfast also great. Helpful staff with useful taxi info! Only negative was during our stay the wifi was a little slow, otherwise no complaints :)

Just amazing. It felt like home.

Very clean, well run hostel. Located in a fun, student part of town blocks from lots of bars. A bit on the mellow side, not a heavy party vibe, but some people will be willing to go out with you. Friendly, helpful staff.

We stayed in a private room with private bath. A plus that we didn't know about was the shared balcony that overlooked the garden/outside sitting area. We enjoyed our stay at Urbano. The facility was clean, comfortable and staff was very helpful. Let's not forget the breakfast of pancakes and fruits which were delicious. The wifi worked pretty well and there is a bus stop right out front of the facility. We even had our laundry done here. I have absolutely no complaints! 100% satisfied!

Altogether a great stay for me and my two teenage grandsons travelling with me. Wonderful urban location.

• 5th Aug 2015

When I first got there I was surprised how big the place was. I got a friendly welcome and she showed me around the place. It's a nicely decorated and warm place. I picked a bunk bed and got myself a locker. It's like living in a college dorm room.Breakfast was a plus but it's not really the best thing about the hostel. It's located right in the heart of San Pedro close to the University. It close to the mall and it's just a few minutes into the city. I enjoyed my stay. I would stay here again.

Good chill hostel with great facilities and staff

Pros: The staff are amazing! Willing to help on anyway. By far the best staff I have had to deal with in the past 7 months. Internet is very good an accessible everywhere in the hostel. Beds are comfortable and clean. Very clean hostel overall with good places to relax, watch TV etc and play pool. Cons: Location is not the best but there is a mall and restaurants close by. There was also one strange guy that worked at the hostel. The other guy cooking in the morning was nice though.

Great hostel! The two girls at the front desk are so helpful whenever you have a question. They hooked us up with two other travelers d for a taxi ride to a bus stop. we ended up traveling together for 2 weeks and departed as new friends! Thanks for that goes to the hostel staff! The place is clean, kitchen is well equipped, breakfast is included and comprises tasty pancakes, fruit and coffee.

Greate place to stay, I will come back there!

The staff here are amazing, always happy and willing to help you any way they can. There are lots of common areas to use which is also great. They have set themselves a hard task keeping this very white hostel clean. It could use a good spring clean in some areas but overall the cleanliness is very good.

Stayed here four nights and must say, Hotel Urbano was one of the best hostel stays I've ever had! Superb facilites, great staff, and just an overall sophisticated, clean, safe atmosphere. Lots of great local art and handicrafts abound; I loved it and will definitely return!

I would definitely stay here again. It was a very clean hostel and the staff was very helpful - she even walked with me outside when I had to leave to help me get a taxi. They also had pancakes already made and fresh fruit for breakfast. The downside was that it was a $7 taxi ride from the bus station and since I was just spending 1 night there the cab fare there and back was a bit costly.

EXCELLENT spot to stay in san jose. The mixed dorm beds were comfortable, bathrooms spotless, breakfast delicious. The BEST part is the AMAZING staff. Each and every person who works here goes above and beyond to help you out. They call tour companies for you, let you use their phone, greet you with a smile, are super patient, answer all questions, and are so, so kind. I can't say enough positive things about the staff here. Thank you SO much for everything!

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed at ! :D

• 28th Jun 2015

Overall, fantastic. Only problem was that for one of the days, the internet wasn't working for about 10 hours, and on the other day, it didn't work in our room (had to use the common areas instead).

Overall a great stay, the hostel is clean, the staff is friendly, and it is definitely a bargain for the price. For whatever reason the atmosphere was a little odd, most of the other guests seemed to have no interest in one another, but this was definitely not a reflection of the place or staff at all

The best hostel when you want to feel like you're at home.

• 15th Jun 2015