Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

Overall, fantastic. Only problem was that for one of the days, the internet wasn't working for about 10 hours, and on the other day, it didn't work in our room (had to use the common areas instead).

Overall a great stay, the hostel is clean, the staff is friendly, and it is definitely a bargain for the price. For whatever reason the atmosphere was a little odd, most of the other guests seemed to have no interest in one another, but this was definitely not a reflection of the place or staff at all

The best hostel when you want to feel like you're at home.

• 15th Jun 2015

Definitely one of the best places to stay in San Jose and is one of my favourite of Costa Rica. Pancakes and fruit breakfast, great living room to chill out and kitchen to cook food if needed. Also, nice and clean dorms with friendly staff, what else do you need!?

Loved the courtyard, and the staff were super helpful.

• 4th Jun 2015

Juan is the best!! We have been to many hostels this trip in Costa Rica and this one is still our favorite by far!!! Free delicious breakfast, very friendly and attentive staff, everything was clean and the vibe was really chill with everyone there. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm and still felt more comfortable than some 4 or 6 beds. Highly recommend! Love, Jess and Holly from California

What a great hostel experience! I stayed at many throughout Costa Rica, and this was by far the best. Clean, secure, airy building with large backyard area perfect for hanging out and meeting other travelers. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Pancake breakfast in the morning. I went out of my way to stay here - as opposed to a hostel closer to the airport - and don't regret it one bit. Great place!

• 28th May 2015

Trusting service, everyone including other backpackers were very welcoming, clean rooms, and breakfast is provided. Loved our stay!

• 23rd May 2015

Very helpful staff all day and night long. Walking distances to some amazing raw/vegan cafe. Just dont expect to sleep in the double room with shared bathroom. Its between the noise from the traffic and noise from reception!

• 22nd May 2015

I loved my staying here. I truly wish I had a longer time than just a few hours. I love the little notes everywhere. The style and the internal design. I love how the lights and twinkling lights. I also enjoyed the wooden bunk beds. The kitchen was also the best set up I've seen in all the hostels I've stayed at. I truly enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd May 2015

The staff was so friendly and helpful!! This hostel was clean and so nice. Even though it is in San Pedro, it was only a quick bus ride to the heart of San Jose.

We were meant to stay at Hostel Urbana for 2 nights and ended up coming back 2 more times while traveling through CR. the location is fantastic! Right near the cheap food! The beds are huge and comfortable, the hostel is so clean, HOT WATER! very safe and has a great "home away from home feel". It has such a great atmspere but the best thing about Hostel Urbana Is Juan! He made us feel so welcome and he's such great fun! If we return to CR we will stay there every time! Thanks for having us!

• 2nd May 2015

Really nice place to chill out- TV off at 10 in the lounge was great. Great facilities and the private rooms are nice- one recommendation is to not get the room by the front door as you will be up at 7am with everyone moving around in the reception- apart from that all good!

Great hostel. The owners were extremely helpful and funny too!

Had a very lovey stay. Very clean and very frendly staff. Kitchen fully equipped and was able to do lots of cooking- including using the blnder to make fresh juices. Highly recommended.

Great hostel

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel is awesome! The staff are really friendly and willing to help you out and give advice where to go, how to get there, where to eat etc. free breakfast in the am with fruit and pancakes. Cool garden out back. Great location in what appeared to be a safe neighbourhood in San Jose. Supermarkets within walking distance and lots of restaurant options around. Major bank right across from the hostel. Parking space available if needed. We stayed in a private room, it was huge! Stay here!

Stayed here 3 times and each time was lovely. Its really clean and the staff go above and beyond to be helpful and make you feel welcome. The location is slightly far out but its actually nice because san pedro isnt so hectic! Would def stay here again and would recommend!

• 15th Apr 2015

Best hostel in San Jose! and the staff is so nice,and helpful with everything -- can really recommend staying there and hope to get back to San Jose soon

We really enjoyed our stay at Hostel Urbano, was originally only going to stay for 2 nights but extended by another 2 nights as we liked it so much. Great breakfast, friendly staff and good location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3