Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

Close to the university so many bars around. Great facilities, clean and spacious.

Great clean modern hostel

Pool table, garden, tv with movies, kitchen and nice beds. Great relaxed place where you can feel at home and meet people. Very happy here

We stayed in this lovely hostel just for one night (unfortunately!) We booked double private room and got a huge, spacious room with balcony and we liked it ;) It was more than we were expecting! Staff were friendly, nice, kind and the most important thing - very very helpful! Would definitely recommend to everyone!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Great hostel! It's near a major university, so it's in a neighborhood with a nice, student-y vibe and lots of nice restaurants and bars. The staff in the hostel are outstanding: very friendly and helpful. The lockers built in below the bunks are very handy. My only real complaint is that the bathroom connected to my mixed dorm wasn't great. There was just one bathroom, so only one person could shower or use the toilet at a time. This was inconvenient my first night, due to the # of guests.

Really good hostel. Well designed, great facilities, secure, clean and comfy. Also has really attentive, knowledgeable and nice staff members.

• 11th Feb 2015

Probably the best hostel in San Jose. It's located in a safe and laid back college neighborhood and the staff is very helpful. Only issue is that the upstairs dorms can get noisy due to traffic on the nearby thoroughfare. I will definitely stay here again if I ever get back to San Jose.

Staff friendly and helpful Room big and clean Credit cards accepted however they charge 2$ more. Credit card payment was not working the day that we were there which caused some issues. The door lock of our room needs to be changed. We had to try several time before getting into our room The breakfast could be improved: there was no fruit. Only not fresh pacakes. One of the best hostel during our Costa Rica vacation

My favorite hostel in Central America. Clean, wonderful and knowledgeable staff, pancake breakfast and coffee included. Only hassle is location, which can have CRAZY traffic, and I've been hard-pressed to find an honest cabbie in Chepe. However, very accessible via bus. University near by means there's always activities and plenty of food/drink/laundry options. Space for people to hang but dorms are quiet. Hot showers! Love this place.

We had a hard time finding Hostel Urbano. Even with clear directions our taxi driver had to ask about 8 different people to locate it. Once we got there it was great. Our room's window looked into the laundry room and there was never hot water, but the room was clean and the common areas were great--tv, hammocks, garden area, and pool table. Not a great area to wander if you don't speak any spanish but we found a few decent restaurants and explored the beautiful university nearby.

• 27th Jan 2015

First stop on our trip. Hostel was secure and relatively clean. Close to the University and a fun neighboring area.

Best vibs ever!!! you can't find better place in s José and surrounding! !;)

• 19th Jan 2015

We booked a private room with ensuite bathroom and it was more than expected when we arrived. The room was huge for just us two and we loved it. The only strange thing is both my friend and I woke up (at different times) to something strange... if you believe in that kind of thing... We'll never know I guess but it made for a night of little sleep. Great hostel aside from that though! We stayed their twice throughout our whole trip!

This place was awesome. we only stayed for 1 night on route to onward travel to Managua but our stay here was great. The location was nice - we were able to walk to places nearby for dinner as well as a large grocery store. The guy who was working the desk was awesome - very funny and heldpful. The room was nice and there were lots of places to lounge. Overall awesome and would recommend.

Not a good place to stay if you're wanting to experience much of San Jose or be close to transportation. Kitchen and bathroom were dirty throughout the stay. Sheets had a rip of a couple inches and lots of stains.

It's awesome, you can use the pool table for free, the same for the tv and everything. the staff was very nice and helpful. I forgot some stuff and the sent a mail. The downtown is not far and the university bars are just at the courner

By Far the best hostel we have been in in Central America, Hot showers, Internet, Good kitchen and most of all staff that are friendly and will really help you out. We where struggling to find accomadation in montezuma and the lady at front desk rung around for us and sorted it within no time!

Hostel Urbano was a great little spot to crash for the night intermittently while moving through Costa Rica. If you need to stay in San Jose I would definitely recommend it! Nice relaxed/modern decor & atmosphere and super friendly/helpful staff!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Wonderful, welcoming staff. Juan made me feel like I was at home! I will be back again and again!

• 3rd Jan 2015

We stopped here for one night on our way from Puerto Viejo to Monteverde. Such a cute place and good location. Right by laundry and bank. Couple of super markets within a few blocks. Staff was so nice and place was clean. I would definitely cook in the kitchen. Nice to have warm water! PV didn't. Free internet and computer use. Nice yard and common area. Glad we are going to stay here again for our last stop in San Jose before we fly out!