Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

Not a good place to stay if you're wanting to experience much of San Jose or be close to transportation. Kitchen and bathroom were dirty throughout the stay. Sheets had a rip of a couple inches and lots of stains.

It's awesome, you can use the pool table for free, the same for the tv and everything. the staff was very nice and helpful. I forgot some stuff and the sent a mail. The downtown is not far and the university bars are just at the courner

By Far the best hostel we have been in in Central America, Hot showers, Internet, Good kitchen and most of all staff that are friendly and will really help you out. We where struggling to find accomadation in montezuma and the lady at front desk rung around for us and sorted it within no time!

Hostel Urbano was a great little spot to crash for the night intermittently while moving through Costa Rica. If you need to stay in San Jose I would definitely recommend it! Nice relaxed/modern decor & atmosphere and super friendly/helpful staff!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Wonderful, welcoming staff. Juan made me feel like I was at home! I will be back again and again!

• 3rd Jan 2015

We stopped here for one night on our way from Puerto Viejo to Monteverde. Such a cute place and good location. Right by laundry and bank. Couple of super markets within a few blocks. Staff was so nice and place was clean. I would definitely cook in the kitchen. Nice to have warm water! PV didn't. Free internet and computer use. Nice yard and common area. Glad we are going to stay here again for our last stop in San Jose before we fly out!

We were there for the New Year and people from Urbano Hostel really made it special. The place is charming and so welcoming! They work with a taxi driver, Diego, who can take you to and from the airport (very useful). Special thank to Juan, who really made us feel happy to be there. He's friendly from the start, funny and full of good stories. He cooks the best pancakes ever and has handmade all the nice benches you can find in the backyard (where we had our best times in Urbano Hostel).

Overall we were very pleased with hostel urbano. The front desk closes at 10 which can be difficult if you have a late flight. The location (San Pedro) is great as it is close to the university. Locker space was large, which was great.

That's how a hostel has to be! Clean, comfortable beds, enough space in the rooms, big lockers, great staff, tasty breakfast, information board, etc.

Super friendly and helpful staff, made the stay that much more enjoyable. An easy bus ride outside of down town, quieter at night because of that. Great stay

• 24th Dec 2014

Super clean and super safe. The locker was right under the bed which was amazing! And right outside was the bus stop to the downtown San Jose area. Could not have asked for a better hostel.

The safest location. Very central. The only thing I did not like is the sharing toilets. 2bathrooms is not enough.

LOVED our stay at Hostel Urbano. The staff was extremely helpful and so friendly. They made sure that we knew how to get around the city and all of their recommendations were WONDERFUL! I definitely recommend stopping by next time you're in San Jose. One downfall... they are located near a main road and it get's pretty noisy in the mornings starting at 6am when you're trying to sleep.

• 9th Dec 2014

Great little hostel with very friendly, personable, and helpful staff. Free WiFi and breakfast (pancakes) is included. The hostel is a bit older, but very clean with a nice common room and back garden area. I stayed in a private room which was ok, but it was located directly in front of the laundry room and noise from the street was very loud at times. It's located in a good area within walking distance of a bank, small supermarket, and a number of restaurants.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the other guests were cool. Complimentary pancake breakfast was excellent. Pura vida!

Hostel Urbano is an excellent place to stay. This was my first hostel experience and I found it really enjoyable. The facilities are great. There is a kitchen which is fully stocked with everything you should need to cook your own food. There is a fantastic garden to just chill out in. There are also numerous other places to just relax and catch up. They also have a tv room with great seats. I had one of the private rooms and was not disappointed. It had it's own shower and toilet. Very clean.

Open your mind. And you will see. From booking two months in adVance to leaving I was treated very well by the staff. From places to go and see and things to do

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful experience, great amenities, knowledgeable and helpful staff, flexible on everything, big room, clean bathroom, hot showers. Fantastic overall experience!

Great place to stay with awesome people (especially the staff). Will stay there for another night for my flight!

Der eine ménnliche Receptionsmitarbeiter hat wirklich keine Ahnung, dass der Kunde seinen Lohn bezahlt. Er liebt und lebt die Reglemente statt mit zu leben. Some friendly education by a competent explainer might be necessary and helpfull. Kind regards Herbert

1 2 Next » last »