Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

Definitely one of the best places to stay in San Jose and is one of my favourite of Costa Rica. Pancakes and fruit breakfast, great living room to chill out and kitchen to cook food if needed. Also, nice and clean dorms with friendly staff, what else do you need!?

Loved the courtyard, and the staff were super helpful.

• 4th Jun 2015

LOVED this hostel! The garden is so nice to chill out in and it's easy to make friends here. Also, the location near the university is awesome because there is great food and a great party atmosphere in the neighborhood. I always felt safe and the staff was very knowledgeable. I recommend this hostel to anyone staying in San Jose. Pro tip: in Costa Rica, to get a hot shower, you have to barely turn the knob. Otherwise the water can't get heated fast enough.

Juan is the best!! We have been to many hostels this trip in Costa Rica and this one is still our favorite by far!!! Free delicious breakfast, very friendly and attentive staff, everything was clean and the vibe was really chill with everyone there. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm and still felt more comfortable than some 4 or 6 beds. Highly recommend! Love, Jess and Holly from California

What a great hostel experience! I stayed at many throughout Costa Rica, and this was by far the best. Clean, secure, airy building with large backyard area perfect for hanging out and meeting other travelers. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Pancake breakfast in the morning. I went out of my way to stay here - as opposed to a hostel closer to the airport - and don't regret it one bit. Great place!

• 28th May 2015