Hostel Urbano Reviews

San Pedro in front of Kennedy Park, adjacent to Municipalidad Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica

It has a very warm home away from home atmosphere. It is definitely not a party hostel if that's what u are looking for

The hostel was fine. It's fairly clean for a hostel and the staff is phenomenal. It's a great home base in San Jose to learn and exchange ideas with everyone who will travel or has already traveled across Costa Rica. The staff is incredibly knowledgable about the rest of Costa Rica. A lot of the other cities may be a bit more local in their knowledge. I also enjoyed being outside of downtown, which isn't that nice. This university area feels safer.

Hello. I like hostel. It is cool. The pancakes are really good. The Canadian makes the top pancakes of 2015. I will have to return to review for 2016. If you request it, the Canadian will serenade you whilst he cooks pancakes. Some of the lights on the terrace are out. Sad times. They have cable with excellent reality tv. We recommend you watch Rich Kids Of Berverly hills and simultaneously consume alcohol. We enjoy in the fact it is near the fruit stand which is next to the park which is next

Great Staff, great location and great hostel. Caters for every need Weather it be a few drinks to kick off the night or relax on the couch nursing a hangover. Easy walk to banks, supermarkets and only a easy 20min walk into San Jose itself. Loads of public transport and directly in front of hostel, bus stops and a taxi rank. Definitely recommend it. Being next to the university is also a bonus with close bars with good vibes and young party age group.

• 29th Sep 2015

Super nice staff, clean, spacious

Great hostel - friendly staff and very clean.

• 22nd Sep 2015

It was best hostel I've stayed during my 3weeks in Costa Rica. Clean, lots of common space to hang out, garden, hammocks, kitchen, living room w/comfy coaches, and tv. Lots of backpackers were coming back at the end or during their trip to this hostel including me :). Staffs are great!!! Juan and 2 girls at the reception will help you right away with any questions. Good breakfast also. Not in San Jose (which is good), but near uni of CR, so lots of cheap food options around.

Gorgeous hostel in great location and even have hot water!

Hola!! Thanks for your lovely review! We are glad you enjoy your stay at Urbano! Our staff members love to help all our guest and let them know where they can go to enjoy their stay here in San Pedro and San Jose center (the bars, restaurants, popular events, the costarrican life, and the pura vida life) :) . Pura Vida! Hostel Urbano Staff

Friendly staff Thorough overview of hostel and its facilities upon arrival. Very clean and inviting hostel with a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend to anyone who travels to San Jose. Thanks for your hospitality.

Hola!! Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoy your stay at Urbano! Our staff members love to help all our guest and let them know where they can go to enjoy their stay here in San Pedro and San Jose center (the bars, restaurants, popular events, the costarrican life, and the pura vida life), and another thing that is very important for us is to keep everything clean and comfortable :). Hope you come back soon! Pura Vida! Hostel Urbano Staff

I definitely loved my stay. Staff is great, breakfast is great, wifi is great. I would definitely recommend the hostel. Great location, right in front of a bus station. The street is a bit noisy, but the place was really great that I didn't even mind about that. I would like for the hostel to receive guests after 10pm, since I had to stay my first night in San Jose somewhere else and its quality was not even close to Hostel Urbano.

I spent s total of 15 days in a private room . The price was good. The room I had was facing the street. There was too much noise every day of my stay, couldn't get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was the same every day , pancakes & and pineapple. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Transportation was very good and accessible. You get what you pay for.

• 28th Aug 2015

The guy at the reception is an angel! He's really nice! The place is really well secured and is really clean. It's a bit far from every activities, but as I noticed, it looked like you're far from everything in San Jose, there's always traffic! The atmosphere at the hostel was pleasant, there's a pool table, free access to computers.. Its a beautiful complete hostel.

Best hostel at the end of a four week trip in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Friendly staff, very clean and nice breakfast. Good location in student area, nicer than downtown in my opinion. Would stay there again if I'm back in San Jose.

We really enjoyed our short but sweet stay here. The hostel is SO CLEAN which was a total dream after some of the places we've stayed. Really great communal spaces, spacious room (we had a private with shared bathroom) and the showers were hot if you put them on low pressure. Pancakes for breakfast also great. Helpful staff with useful taxi info! Only negative was during our stay the wifi was a little slow, otherwise no complaints :)

Just amazing. It felt like home.

Very clean, well run hostel. Located in a fun, student part of town blocks from lots of bars. A bit on the mellow side, not a heavy party vibe, but some people will be willing to go out with you. Friendly, helpful staff.

1 2 3 Next » last »