Hostel Utopia

5.8
Rating 1295 Total Reviews

12th Jun 2017
2.0

-Literally smells like poop -Wifi does not work in the rooms -Beds are tiny and shake like crazy -The people who work there win my award for worst customer service I've ever seen. I get that travelers want cheap so do yourself a favor and stay at: Bobs youth Hostel. It's up the road and their not friendly either, but at least they're still cheap and have a much better facility. I've stayed in hundreds of hostels all around the world and this was one of my least favorite (said for credibility)

3rd Jun 2017
4.0

Location is the only thing saving this rating. The room is gross and hot. Was in a 10-bed room but there were only 6 cabinets to lock things. Very few outlets. Bathroom and showers were gross. Wifi does not reach room, only works in the coffee shop.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jun 2017
6.6

Upon seeing pictures on your website, this place looked satisfactory. We decided to spend a little more on our room because we desired comfort, but instead got catfished. The photos looked nothing like the room, it was very small, not air-conditioned, and we had to take three flights of risky, winding stairs, while carrying our heavy suitcase bags. I was glad to feel safe with the passcode and key to the room, but I feel that I paid way more than what the room was worth.

• nickcastnsd
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th May 2017
4.3

If you don't mind holding your breath to avoid the stench in the hallways, showers that drain like the canals, and seeing the mattress through the sheets, this is the place for you. The wifi password is easy to remember, but more complex than the door code. The first floor coffee shop was a perfect place to relax for the limited time it was open. Beautiful, fun, artistic city, but I should have booked rooms earlier. My mother would shed tears knowing I laid to rest at this Utopia.

• sharpayshow04138659
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017
4.0

The hostel is just located in the centre of Amsterdam. However,it is the only good thing of it. The room for 8 is just too crowed. Luckily the others guests were nice. The bathroom is dirty and not familiar to use. Check in after 6 but need to check out 1030 and which the staff didn't mention that we can not get back our deposit of 20 Euro if we are late. And we were just got downstairs at 1045. We didn't expect much as we have seen the reviews before. But it is still lower than what we expected

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
19th May 2017

Superb location, dangerous stair. This accommodation is perfect for someone who want to see the city and spend little time hanging around there accommodation. Great value for money

11th May 2017

The manager kindly let me check in early which was much appreciated. Shower in-room was spotless and very handy. WiFi was good. Lockers under the beds, but security downfall was dorm-mates who couldn't seem to work out how to lock the door when they left (nor notice the shower in the room..). Bolts and fittings on the bunks need tightening as any movement in the bunk creates a lot of noise. Luggage storage good. Hostel does not illegally discriminate on age, unlike growing number in Amsterdam!

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
11th May 2017
5.1

The check in is after 6 so you have to leave your things on another hostel. The place have a good location but really noisy. The staff wasn't really friendly there look really extres all the time .

• England, Male, 25-30
5th May 2017
6.0

It was a bed and somewhere to stay. I cant really say anymore.

2nd May 2017
6.6

Smallest room I've ever stayed in during my 6 years of nonstop traveling, and the owner was the rudest hostel worker I've ever met in that time. Again, 6 years of traveling 365 days a year, and this place had the smallest rooms and the rudest worker. Excellent location, cheapest price around, so it could still be worth it if you don't mind small rooms and the distinct possibility of meeting a rude worker.