Hostel Utopia Reviews

nieuwezijds voorburgwal 132, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was owful because we had problems with the roommates and the hostel didn't give us any solution and any money back. The worst hostel of my life

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Spain

Although the room itself was fairly low budget, and noisy (due to it facing onto a busy road) the staff were amazing and we really enjoyed our time! Will definitely be back soon

• 1st Apr 2015

Horrible steep spiral staircase, tiny room, shower smelled so awful, cheap but depressing to go back to each evening. Worth paying that bit more

• 23rd Mar 2015

The charming night watchman with the dancing eyes abused and overcharged us, the master of first impressions, then the room was as clean as my mind after a walk down red light and the plug sockets are on the ceiling. "Are you serious?!" I hear you cry. I am, your phone charges while dangling precariously above your calm, sleeping face. The walls have dirt all over and the ceiling has blood on. The whole venture was like an action scene from Indiana Jones. Best. Hostel. Ever.

• 20th Mar 2015

totally overpriced!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Room was clean, towel was changed and bed was made daily. However the stairway leading up to the room is narrow with equally narrow steps. Will be tricky if you are not carrying a backpack or have a cabin luggage. Anything more will out your arm power and balancing skills to test.Overall good stay. Oh but there were only 2 power sockets in my room which is by the door and if we are to charge our phones etc, will have to place them on a bed.Luckily there was no one occupying it when I was there.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

There is not a real reception in the hostel. It's a coffee shop that also rents room. The location is excellent by the way. Please change the password of the wifi with the correct one, there is a mistaken one. Suggested only if you have to stay for few days.

thoroughly enjoyed my time staying here! perfect location great staff! will definitely be back when i next come over!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall, this hostel equaled what we paid for a private twin room. The place was surprisingly clean! The only complaint I have is that the electrical work is questionable. We were unable to plug in our power adapter to one of the outlets because it caused the buildings fuse to jump. We were only able to charge one device at a time. The wifi was unstable on the third floor, we could not get a steady connection.

Good facility but the staff were very unhelpful and rude. the guy got really annoyed at everything.

1 2 Next » last »