Hostel Utopia Reviews

nieuwezijds voorburgwal 132, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayed here last weekend, All members of staff very accommodating and chatty, especially 'The Stoned Guy' who DOES have a name! Basic accommodation, don't expect a lot feature, view or luxury-wise. If, however, you need a bed to sleep in for about 2-4 hours between periods of getting hammered, Utopia is the perfect place. It is close to Centraal station and Daam square, about 10 minutes each way. The coffeeshop is open nice and early so you can go in there and wake yourself up in the morning.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I should have read the other reviews before booking. Hostel had bed bugs and I was eaten alive during my stay there. My advice, wear all your clothes to bed or stay somewhere else.

Very good hostel and definitely worth £12 a night. Was worried that the cleanliness wouldn't be good due to reading a few bad reviews after booking but was pleasantly surprised (no bed bugs). The overall location is very convenient as its close to pretty much everything you need. Overall rating 8/10

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Wales

the only good thing abt the hostel is, it is close to "Amsterdam attractions"

The location is great and from what I saw the dorms seemed OK but we were in one of the private rooms for two and our room was under the roof, with not even a meter where we could stand up. Now if it was super cheap I wouldn't have cared because we weren't looking for anything fancy but we still paid 240 euros for three nights... Now it's true that accommodations in Amsterdam don't come cheap but for the room we had it still seems like way too much. The hostel is otherwise clean.

• 8th Nov 2014

Really lovely environment, I enjoyed staying there :)

• 29th Oct 2014