Hostel Vagabond Sarajevo Reviews

Great location in the city center, the staff was very helpfull and super nice, and the atmosphere was great! Perfect hostel to meet people. My only complain is that the showers and bathroom were not that good, the water in the shower kept going cold, and at night there was no water at all.

Staff was very nice and friendly.

Great location, really nice place and helpful staff. All in all good atmosphere!

Hostel has a great location, the staff were super helpful which was great. We arrived at 5am in the morning and they did everything possible to get our room ready as early as they could. Note they allow smoking in the common room.

Great location in the heart of Sarajevo (but all hostels in Sarajevo are). Didnt like the hostel much, smoking is allowed in the common room, staff walks in the room all the time for no reason (never experienced this before at any hostel) and makes more noise than other hostel guests. Social place though and pretty clean.

Great location in the middle of the city. The dorm room were large and beds clean and comfortable. Staff are helpful and there are 24 hour reception. Minor complaints are that the common room is smoker friendly and there are only 2 bathrooms so they are always occupied.

This was exactly what we needed, a fun hostel to meet some people and just hang around a bit. we s had quite some drinks with the owners and cheap food is right around the corner!

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice and very helpful people. One bathroom more would be useful

Absolutely lovely staff and great location! Totally loved it there! Thank you, Vagabond :-)

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel. Friendly, helpful and passionate staff. The tour of the tunnel museum that they offer is great also! Very insightful and full of our guides personal experiences with the war. Fun common room and comfy bedrooms.

It isn't mentioned anywhere but the only social area in the hostel is also the smoking area which I, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think this, found pretty awful.

excellent location; helpful tips; clean; would like to be able to lock door to dorms; smoking in common room a little off putting; small kitchen facilities; Tunnel trip is overpriced and end up paying for things you thought you had already paid for

We had a great stay in Hostel Vagabond. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, even during night and early mornings, which helped us a lot (thank you, Peter!)

Staff were extremely helpful. I accidentally left my expensive prescription glasses at the hostel and they contacted me to let me know and also offered to post my glasses anywhere in Europe. I decided to come back and pick them up and although one night they were booked out they laid out an additional foldout bed for me to sleep on which was also comfy!

I think the smoking indoors annoys most Western Europeans, and it was easily the only problem we had with this place, the staff were tremendous and helpful and friendly and funny, the location was perfect, close to tram stops, historical sites and shops. The owner gave us a personal tour and everything we needed was seen to ASAP. Couldn't recommend the place enough!

Saying it with one sentence: I can just recommend this perfectly(!) located hostel with its great staff. All the best to Hostel Vagabond & its crew.

We really loved the place! The owner was the BEST tour guide ever as he told us his story. Thanks for your time and all the help! Perfect location, peacfull but near everything.

Internet is rather slow.

Clean hostel in the very centre of Sarajevo, friendly and really helpful staff who even took our clothes to the laundrette! As Swedes, we felt extra welcomed by the Swedish speaking staff.

Great location, staff very friendly and helpful. Beds were comfy and rooms spacious. Only the kitchen/shower/toilet all quite small but do the job.