Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Essentially a hotel with extra beds thrown into the rooms to make them dorms. Breakfast is an extra 5 euro but its warm and good, and there's sometimes bacon! Amsterdam is overall expensive so don't be put off by the price, as you're getting a clean, quiet stay. Only con is that the reception allowed a pizza delivery man to come up to our room at 3am, a HUGE security risk and very inconsiderate to sleeping guests. While your mileage may vary with roommates, reception shouldn't have allowed it.

Lovely hostel. Extremely clean - with a fresh towel and linen everyday. I really liked the location, it's very close to the rijk and van gogh museums, and feels very safe. I would definitely stay there again.

Good hostel, is conveniently located opposite the Van Gogh Museum. Showers and fresh, well-appointed room, excellent Wi- fi.

• 7th May 2015
  • Russia

More of a hotel feel than hostel. Beds were comfortable and the room was nice. One shower per room is nice (no Lon line ups) lots of room in there as well. Pretty close to the bus to get you further ino Amsterdam. Would come back as it was a nice stay.

Easily the best hostel in Amsterdam. Well at least for someone like me who appreciates a quiet environment, good hygiene and a modest price tag.

Rooms are like converted hotel rooms. Our 6-bed dorm was not too spacious but it was comfortable, and the bathroom was fabulous - massive shower, and plush sink. Great location in the heart of the museum quarter, a stone's throw from the Rijksmuseum and Vondelpark, and on several tram lines. My only reservation was what can only be described as a prickly attitude of the man who I presume was the manager at the desk. otherwise a pleasant stay.

The room for one people are really small, that's surely why there's no photo of those one! And the lift is to close to ensure a good night, noise is very present in this place. Nothing to say about security and the place is clean. Breakfast is ok, all you can eat way, so not a good quality but you can have it all! To finish, i would like to say that the Chinese guy is not very fair! How can he does'nt know about transport near the hotel? One of the girl is very cool so it's equilibrate!

• 3rd May 2015

It was really great despite from the staff not really friendly and I need to greet them first instead of they do it. And that time the card machine was not working so I need to pay it by cash where I am just a student and I didn't think of paying it with cash! Other than that, everything was great! :)

• 1st May 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location, just opposite to Van Gogh Museum, near tram route 2 & 5 stop so easy access to Dam Square and Central Station. You can also find bus stop of route 197 for the airport nearby. Room is little bit small but clean and tidy. Breakfast is average. Staff is friendly and helpful.

We stayed at a family room. It was spacious enough for three of us, but the light was off and the staff couldn`t fix it. Wi-fi was on and off in a room, but it was great near the reception. The location is fantastic, which was the best thing about this hostel. Overall, we had a good stay.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

If you like museums, the location doesn't get any better. Literally across the street from the Van Gogh museum, and the Rijksmuseum is nearby as well. If there is a weakness of the location, you have to walk several blocks for any kind of food place - still, not that far. Staff was nice and helpful. There is no locker, but there is a safety deposit box - it makes very loud beeps when you press the buttons, but, not a big deal. Bathrooms are great.

Hostel Van Gogh was of a decent standard. The room was pretty small but the bathroom was clean. It was located a bit out of the part of Amsterdam I like which was a hassle as we had to pay for trams throughout the day. One thing I can't fault was the breakfast which was nice. However we got asked three times whether our name was on the list. They could simplify that method

Nice place. They shouldn't charge to print your boarding pass.

Very clean & quiet place eith comfortable beds. Very clean place especially the bathroom! Nice breakfast abd good coffee - I would for sure book another stay there!

The only thing that I disliked was that my room was right next to a roof area where people would sit each night and socialize very loudly, making it a little hard to sleep. However, I really liked the location, my single private room, and the hostel overall!

• 23rd Apr 2015

This place may say it's a hostel, but it's more of a hotel. It's a solid place for a good nights rest and comfort, you just won't find a night life atmosphere. This place is geared more toward already established groups of people so I would not recommend this to any solo travelers. Overall if you're looking to explore Amsterdam during the day and coming back to a nice quiet evening in your room this is a good place. If you're looking for people to want to go out with you, I'd stay away.

Enjoyed my stay. Didn't have to make my own bed, it was very clean and had everything you would need including electronic safes in the room to store possessions. In terms of location, it's a picturesque thirty minute walk to the train station, but you're located right next to several tourist attractions and the area is very safe overall with excellent bars and restaurants and a supermarket located within minutes. There's a lovely bakery a block away if you don't want to pay for the breakfast.

Very nice stay at hostel van Gogh . Perfekt location And nice rooms ! Bra hostell/hotel perfekt läge och trevliga enkla rum. Rent o fräscht och helt okey frukost !

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Posizione eccellente, personale gentile, colazione abbondante. Unica nota stonata la pulizia, andrebbe migliorata.

Great location and great facilities. I do not expect Hostels to be a quiet place - but I do expect that a level of consideration of the other people staying in the Hostel. For 2 nights in a row, the young kids (teenagers?) staying in adjacent rooms to the dorm I was in were extremely noisy way past midnight.. This should not be acceptable ...and should be managed by the Hostel. Otherwise a good place as far as hostels go ;-)

• 8th Apr 2015