Hostel Van Gogh

Fabulous 4432 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 25-30
22nd May 2017
6.9

Good location and nice, clean facilities. However, my flight was delayed and when I messaged the staff to advise them I might be in later than expected they advised me to look for a new hostel. I understand that there is a hard-and-fast rule about having check-in's done by a certain time, but this was rather ridiculous. No attempt was made to help or even accommodate me.

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017

This was my first stay at a hostel and I had a great experience at Van Gogh. It was in a very safe area and easy to find since it was right near some very popularly museums. Vondelpark was just a short walk away as well. Facilities were very clean. Bathroom was amazing. Each bed had their own outlet, as well as some extra throughout the room. Overall had a great experience here and hope that the next hostels I stay at will be this nice. It had set the bar high for me!

• Romania, All Male Group, 25-30
18th May 2017

It was nice all in all. The atmosphere was a little bit dull inside, but I was amazing that they rented out bikes. We had so much fun pedaling through the city

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
8.0

Great location and rooms. Expensive for what it is. And one receptionist was the rudest person I had met in a while!

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th May 2017

Located right next to a bunch of great museums. Excellent location if you aren't planning on going to the red light district too much. As a solo female traveler, I found the security and safety to be great. Additionally, the area around the hostel felt very safe even late at night. There is a team stop extrmely close to the hostel and that is very easy to navigate. The breakfast was delicious and an excellent time to meet other travelers.

17th May 2017
6.3

It's location really good. Just few walks and you are front of the tramway door. Amsterdam sign it's few mins walk from hostel. Air conditioner plus for me. I would recommend it to everyone.

17th May 2017

this place was amazing! very clean and friendly staff, it is an excellent location and the wifi works really well. I would definitely recommend staying here!

16th May 2017

Great place, just off the tram stop. Very easy to get everywhere you might need to go.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

Really friendly people and surrounded by some amazing museums! Location is great as its much less busy to downtown which is just packed with tourists!

• USA, Female, 41+
15th May 2017

We really enjoyed our stayed at Hotel Van Gogh. We were upgraded to a 4 person private room upon arrival with a private bathroom. The room was very clean and the shower head was amazing. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only criticism would be the room had a bit of a musty smell and is located right next to a school, so we heard the kids early, but didn't really mind much. Overall, great experience at our first hostel.