Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great stay, would stay again. The hostel is more like a hotel. Breakfast was worth the 5 euro. Good location with friendly staff (except one front desk who didn't seem to have much patience). The hostel room was a decent size. Bathroom was very nice. The shower head was broken and so was the sink stopper, but not a big deal. One of the safes in the room stopped working as well, and we told the front desk, but they did not fix it. Consider booking for your stay.

Great place for a relaxing stay, very clean and modern rooms/bathrooms, extremely comfortable beds!

very good hostel.. excellent location and very comfy...

Nice service, located in city centre, very clean and nice atmosphere in rooms.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Russia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was nice but pricey for what I have stayed in before. It was very clean so maybe the extra money is it worth it for some people. Although the atmosphere is lacking, there is no good space and hang out with people and chill and at night they put the chairs up in the common area. Not the most Social hostel.

I only stayed for one night. Max age is 40 I am 40 years and 4 months) . Hotel offered me a a double room where I stayed on my own for one night which was very nice indeed. BTW, ge limit was not mentioned on the website, or at least I did not notice it when making the booking. Would be good to say so upfront, to avoid confusion. Staff was not friendly. Fortunately, I found another hostel where age limit is 45 for the duration of my stay. Age limit was clearly mentioned.

• 14th Aug 2015

Really clean and comfortable beds

Great location and cool clean rooms! just by THE IAMSTERDAM sign

The hostel is like a hotel. The rooms were very clean, the towels are changed, and bathrooms are cleaned daily. Don't be fooled by the hallway and very tiny elevator, it was a great place. If u want to stay closer to the museums it is in a great area, nice place to sit and relax. It did not have a hostel atmosphere and the staff were polite but did not make many suggestions or recommendations so have your travel aps ready. Outside of that I loved the place and would totally recommend it.

Great rooms. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Easy access to the museums, trams near by to go to the city centre. I would recommend a stay here.

• 10th Aug 2015

The room was lovely, as were the facilities however the customer service at the front desk was disgraceful. The lady was rude and we ended up waiting over an hour to get in to our room when she had told us it was going to be 10 minutes.

Located on a quiet street near lots of museums but a bit of a walk from the centre. Room was fine but occupied by very noisy teenagers. The hostel caters more to the younger age group. A simple breakfast was fine. 8 bed female dorm had an ensuite. Rooms had small lockers with a number code. Small fridge for personal use. Staff were fine. Luggage can be stored for free.

We were lucky with our stay in this hostel as we had a really good group of people in our room! The staff were friendly and helpful especially one of the male members as he stood outside when we got lost arriving at the hostel late at night. However, when we asked if we could store our luggage in the room all we received was a look and our bags were thrown into the room. But that was only a minor detail as the stay was really good and we would definitely return! The location was a bonus.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel was great! My friend and I got a private room that was very clean and spacious. It definitely surpassed our expectations for hostel living. The only downside was it was a bit far from some of the main parts of Amsterdam. However, we actually preferred that since it was quiet enough that we could actually sleep and near the Van Gogh museum!

Lovely rooms and good wifi but the staff were super rude, unfriendly and very unhelpful.

Had an great time in Amsterdam and was lucky enough to have met such amazing people in our room. Hostel itself is well looked after and kept tidy, couldn't fault it. One of the best hostels I've stayed in on my 2&1/2 weeks of travelling around Europe.

We booked an 8 bed dorm and there was a bed added :( everything else was good and buffet breakfast was pretty good

I met some nice people here as a solo traveler so it worked out really well.

Very nice hostel, and in a fantastic location.

Very nice hostel all round. Great location, nice furnishings - would recommend and stay again!

• 29th Jul 2015