Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dirty room. Broken sink. Unpleasant and gobby staff.

• 28th Jan 2016

Clean hostel, well located near bus/metro and major sights nearby. Booked a female only room and there was a guy staying in it. Not happy about that. Staff said they couldn't give me money back (female only room is more expensive)

The location was really good close to a few museums and a good distance away from all the noise. Overall the hostel was average, however, I was quiet disturbed by the Asian/ Dutch man working there. He seemed to be a manager of the hostel and would treat his coworkers horribly, devaluing them with snark remarks. I would try to boycott this hostel only for that very issue. The other stuff seemed extremely helpful.

Not a party hostel but the people are friendly enough. Very clean and comfortable, definitely worth the price. The only thing I missed was a gas stove aha

• 22nd Jan 2016

The hostal is really really nice. Really easy to get there, just taking the train number 2 or 5 from the central station. The staff was really helpful and kind. The only thing i would say is the toilet in the room. It was clean but it has this permanent humidity smell. Apart of that everything was perfect.

Staff is rude, not polite at all and not willing to help you. The receptionist had a sarcastic tone when I asked why I had to pay more then it was saying at the hostel world website because i hadn't read the small letters, I didn't mind paying €5 more but for sure I didn't like that guys attitude, you should definitely be more friendly. The hotel is located just across the street from van gogh museum. The rest of the facilities is great

• 22nd Jan 2016

fine for passing through, though no real area for people to meet one another

A good selection for breakfast and much cheaper than eating out. No cooker to cook your own food, only one microwave and a very small kettle meant you had to wait a while when its busy. Mats in the bathroom would hbe good as when people shower the floor gets soake

Excellent location ! Would love to stay here again !

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

A very chill, clean hostel that is within walking distance to areas of interest. The staff was kind and helpful. I would stay there again.

• 16th Jan 2016

Very clean it's like a hotel

• 13th Jan 2016

place was spotless all the time, really quality place, great beds, bedding and showers etc. Keycards+ safes ; very secure Good location near museums and a short walk/cycle/tram to center Bus outside door leads straight to/from airport Some of the reception staff were fairly unhelpful and some were really nice. No hostel vibe felt like more of a hotel no place to make food for yourself that I could see but I went in january very off season so its probably different in summer?

• 12th Jan 2016

Literally THE best hostel I've ever been. It's more of a hotel standard than a hostel. They provide towel, perfectly set up linen, extremely clean room. Things to improve: include breakfast, please. Guy at the reception staff can at least smile. You're working at the front counter for heaven's sake. But he's pretty acommodating. Haanyway... Till then.

Beds were made everyday and bathroom was cleaned. No real hostel feel compared to others but great location! Love the city overall and could walk everywhere or tram.

I was charged 5% for municipal tax, contrary to what was stated in the booking.

We had a great stay! Good location if you don't want to be smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the center. Still central, close to the museums and a bit of a walk to the very heart of Amsterdam, which I have no complaints about. Short people looking to rent bikes through the reception beware: their bikes are one size fits all and we were told to rent elsewhere in order to get "little girl bikes" that fit our small frame hahah. So no discount for us. Other than that, great time.

Only thing good was the location itself, since it had a good proximity to public transportation and major museums. I found the staff, primarily the manager, very unprofessional, rude, and aggressive. The room I was in on the first floor was across from what I believe was a storage room, but the hallway was being used as the primary storage area with sheets, duvets, and towels taking up much of the hallway. Utterly unimpressed and was probably the worst hostel stay I've ever had.

I had a great start of the 2016 in Amsterdam. The hostel is a stone throw from the museum area. I stayed in a room for six. If there were more cupboards and coat hooks it would be even cosier. The hostel should also sort separate rubbish as I could not see any paper and other recyclable bins. Nevertheless, I would recommend Van Gogh Hostel to any fellow traveller.

The hostel is nice, clean, and the beds comfortable. It's very unlikely not to allow a group of 5 people to pay 1200€ by card divided by 5! As you know the hostel is quite expensive compared to other hostels around the world, would be better from your side not to mind about 5 different card transactions.

It was a lovely place with lovely staff. Thank you so much for making my new years Eve so wonderful. It was actually my first time in Amsterdam and the staff there were so friendly answering all our questions. We had fresh towels everyday and our own bathroom which was awesome. However the only downside is that it is a little far from the city and train station. But if you like museums you will enjoy this place because it is near to some big museums. Thank you for making my stay a wonderful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7