Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel Van Gogh is a very pretty hostel. It is located next to the van gogh museum. It is not far away from anything, everything is in walking distance. . Also, for me it was perfectly located because it is not in the middle of the Red Light District chaos. The hostel looks like a hotel so it is very nice and clean. There is wifi and towels are available for no charge. I would certainly recommen this hostel.

Best hostel I have stayed at throughout Europe!! Good location and facilities, nice staff and great rooms with air con. I highly recommend!!

More of shared hotel room. Reception can be very abrasive and rude.

Definitely a no frills place. Area is quiet and about 20 mins outside city (which they did say). Wasn't hard to get to. I suggest a multi say pass for the subways so u can get to everywhere. No shower curtain made the floor soaking wet, but overall a decent place to lay you head. Asked the first day for no room service, the lady went in...that was annoying. After that I made my own do not disturb sign and they listened.

Great hostel to stay at, very clean and close to some great areas in amsterdam. has some potential to be amazing with two changes.... staff are very rude refused to help on two separate problems I had which would have been simple fixes for them.... and a minor point but development of a communual area facilitate mixing.

This was a hotel and was partially converted into a hostel. the rooms were really nice. I was in an 8-person mixed room with an ensuite, which included a very nice bathroom. There were safes in the room, and the beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on in a hostel. And the 5 euro breakfast is totally worth it.. It even included bacon! Very happy with my stay here.

very comfortable stay !

• 11th Jul 2014
  • India

There are small safes rather than lockers, and valuables can be left at the front desk after check out because the luggage room is not the safest. This hostel was pretty clean, the unlimited buffet breakfast is very good, and the staff was nice enough if a little curt. The walk from this hotel to central parts of town (like Dam Square) is over 30 minutes, which was the only drawback. There's a lovely bakery down the street from there, and the proximity to Museumplein is great.

• 11th Jul 2014

I've had limited experience with hostels but my roommates told me that this was the nicest hostel they've ever seen, and I agree after staying at three different hostels in three different countries. Van Gogh offers a lot of luxury, for hostels, amenities.

This hostel has an amazing location next to the Van Gogh and rijks museum, but that's about it - when I arrived (18:00) my bed was not made, the bathroom was a mess - and more than anything the hostel has a sterile atmosphere. Might be okay to stay here as a group, but as a solo traveler this hostel was boring/overpriced/not the best.

Would return. Hostel was clean, breakfast was good. Some of the staff was more helpful that others, they can be a bit brusque. Hostel was a bit pricey for what it was, but that seemed to be the going rate in Amsterdam.

Stayed with my two children in July very safe, clean and comfy. Breakfast was one off the best We've seen lots to choose from . Very friendly staff, will definitely be back!

• 6th Jul 2014

Staff was terrible. When I checked in they treated it like a transaction. Did not ask if i needed a map, how my trip was or even say hello. When I checked out it was the same. It was like they were on auto pilot. There is no place to hang out and meet people. Just the breakfast area which isn't conducive to hanging out. It's more of a hotel atmosphere.

Good location if you are looking to check out the nearby museums and parks. Also very close to public transportation. Overall had a good experience but for a hostel it was a bit expensive for a student trying to travel on a budget.

Very nice hostel in a nice area of Amsterdam. Comfortable beds and good air conditioning in the rooms. Very close to Vondlepark and a walkable distance to the main parts of Amsterdam

Very nice rooms. Have plenty of room for the visitors. Would recommend to others. During the day outside the hostels front entrance, there is a day care with a bunch of kids, so it shows that the area is safe.

Good breakfast, bad lift, no good wifi

It's clean, it's near a tram stop, I got upgraded to a 3 bed dorm so I didn't get bad value, but the original prices are a bit crazy, because really it's just a simple hostel, expensive breakfast and wifi doesn't really work. there's nothing wrong with the place but not much to merit the price either other than the fact that 'it's in Amsterdam'

Expensive but the best!

Great place to stay, prime real estate near great sights and transit. Helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms lavatories. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Jun 2014