Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A bit Cold in the lobby, but great breakfast buffet at a reasonable price!

This was a pretty good hostel. Private keyed entry lock boxes for each bed was a plus. Breakfast was reasonable at 5 Euro and offered a good selection. Customer service varied depending on the person sitting behind the desk, nobody in particular was outstanding. Location was good for the museums which lie outside of the city center. One bathroom for each shared room caused some waiting for the shower. Not bad.

• 20th May 2015

Very clean and well kept hostel. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and they had safes as well as clean towels each day for everybody in the room. The breakfast was not bad for 5 euro. Location next to the museums is nice, but its a bit of a walk to get to the downtown area. Overall a great hostel for the money!

I found it somewhat hard to meet people here because there isn't much of a lounge area. However, that being said, it is an AMAZINGLY clean hostel. It used to be a hotel so they're the nicest bathrooms I've ever seen. And the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast doesn't come with it, so I wouldn't recommend it because it wasn't anything special.

• 18th May 2015

Everything was terrific. As an "older" adult, I had never stayed in a hostel, but I found it to be a rewarding experience that I would do again.

• 18th May 2015

We had a great time at Hostel Van Gogh. Originally a hotel, it has the atmosphere of one, however also has the modern facilities and comfortable rooms of a modern hotel. The breakfast was definitely worth the money, the people were very friendly, and the location was awesome, just a block from the Van Gogh Museum, one more to the Rijksmuseum and iamsterdam sign. A little on the expensive side, but definitely worth it if you want something a bit nicer, it's worth the money.

Essentially a hotel with extra beds thrown into the rooms to make them dorms. Breakfast is an extra 5 euro but its warm and good, and there's sometimes bacon! Amsterdam is overall expensive so don't be put off by the price, as you're getting a clean, quiet stay. Only con is that the reception allowed a pizza delivery man to come up to our room at 3am, a HUGE security risk and very inconsiderate to sleeping guests. While your mileage may vary with roommates, reception shouldn't have allowed it.

Lovely hostel. Extremely clean - with a fresh towel and linen everyday. I really liked the location, it's very close to the rijk and van gogh museums, and feels very safe. I would definitely stay there again.

I always use to Hostel world when I stay at traveling. The reson why I did this score about Van Goh, because they dont have curtain each bed even mix domitory room. if someone back to late time to turn on the light the room, we woke up! that was very annoying and also hostel stuff ( chinese guy ?) his behave is not like professtional way. not smiling for customers..... As I always use UK one, they are nice customer's service. but only one, I felt happy that room has hand shower.

Good hostel, is conveniently located opposite the Van Gogh Museum. Showers and fresh, well-appointed room, excellent Wi- fi.

• 7th May 2015
  • Russia

More of a hotel feel than hostel. Beds were comfortable and the room was nice. One shower per room is nice (no Lon line ups) lots of room in there as well. Pretty close to the bus to get you further ino Amsterdam. Would come back as it was a nice stay.

Easily the best hostel in Amsterdam. Well at least for someone like me who appreciates a quiet environment, good hygiene and a modest price tag.

Rooms are like converted hotel rooms. Our 6-bed dorm was not too spacious but it was comfortable, and the bathroom was fabulous - massive shower, and plush sink. Great location in the heart of the museum quarter, a stone's throw from the Rijksmuseum and Vondelpark, and on several tram lines. My only reservation was what can only be described as a prickly attitude of the man who I presume was the manager at the desk. otherwise a pleasant stay.

Great location, very good breakfast!

The room for one people are really small, that's surely why there's no photo of those one! And the lift is to close to ensure a good night, noise is very present in this place. Nothing to say about security and the place is clean. Breakfast is ok, all you can eat way, so not a good quality but you can have it all! To finish, i would like to say that the Chinese guy is not very fair! How can he does'nt know about transport near the hotel? One of the girl is very cool so it's equilibrate!

• 3rd May 2015

It was really great despite from the staff not really friendly and I need to greet them first instead of they do it. And that time the card machine was not working so I need to pay it by cash where I am just a student and I didn't think of paying it with cash! Other than that, everything was great! :)

• 1st May 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location, just opposite to Van Gogh Museum, near tram route 2 & 5 stop so easy access to Dam Square and Central Station. You can also find bus stop of route 197 for the airport nearby. Room is little bit small but clean and tidy. Breakfast is average. Staff is friendly and helpful.

We stayed at a family room. It was spacious enough for three of us, but the light was off and the staff couldn`t fix it. Wi-fi was on and off in a room, but it was great near the reception. The location is fantastic, which was the best thing about this hostel. Overall, we had a good stay.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

If you like museums, the location doesn't get any better. Literally across the street from the Van Gogh museum, and the Rijksmuseum is nearby as well. If there is a weakness of the location, you have to walk several blocks for any kind of food place - still, not that far. Staff was nice and helpful. There is no locker, but there is a safety deposit box - it makes very loud beeps when you press the buttons, but, not a big deal. Bathrooms are great.

Hostel Van Gogh was of a decent standard. The room was pretty small but the bathroom was clean. It was located a bit out of the part of Amsterdam I like which was a hassle as we had to pay for trams throughout the day. One thing I can't fault was the breakfast which was nice. However we got asked three times whether our name was on the list. They could simplify that method

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7