Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayed there for 2 days. Except for the lack of help from the staff on some specific routes I had to take, I enjoyed my stay. Atmosphere was he same as any hotel, and except for the fact you are sharing a room with other people, it feels like a hotel anyway. Breakfast was not included and on the expansive side for me, but worth it. Bathroom was spotless clean and the room, although kind of crammed, was comfortable. I would recommend for those who seek the museums, not night life of Amsterdam

This hostel was great. We originally booked two nights in the dorm but closer to check in we realised that the first night we would like a private room which they changed with no dramas. Then we went to check in the next night in the dorms and they had upgraded us to a double room. Which was lovely. They kept our bags all day for us as we had a night train. Great location and very clean!

• 26th Jul 2015

The hostel is very good located its is in front the Van Gogh Museum and next to the most of the touristic atractions. There is a lift which means you dont need to go up stairs with your bags,there is in the rooms and there is a good value you can book the check in. But in day there was a guy in suit behind reception VERY unfriendly either towards guests either to staff which made the atmosphere too tense .

• 25th Jul 2015

Loved the mix between hotel and hostel here. Great ensuite facilities in the room. There was even a TV! And tea. Lovely place, wish I could've spent more time here but I only stayed a night and I was always out and about. It's not dirt cheap but for Amsterdam on a Friday night it was pretty decent. Highly recommend.

I loved it! Great location and very close to food/shopping/museums and the tram.

• 24th Jul 2015

Very nice clean hostel and easy to find from the directions on the hostel page, Only bad point is that its a 35 minute walk from the centre or 15 minutes on the tram which isn't as cheap as other European cities but probably worth getting if you will be in and out a lot. No kitchen to cook in, but a good breakfast bar for €5 per person per day. Very clean spacious rooms and amazing shower. Beds very comfy and was a major plus point. Safes in every room for each bed which was good. staff helpful

The hostel was a short tram ride away from Amsterdam Central station, their is a tram stop right outside the hostel. The hostel is also very close to the Van Gogh Museum and the 'I amsterdam' sign. The hostel itself is very clean and modern, the dorms are nice, we stayed in an 8 bed room so was very busy but still a good nights sleep. Has safety deposit boxes for your valuables. Wifi also very good! Breakfast is 5 euro but worth it.

Nice place to stay

The staff from the front desk and from the restaurant are a bit rude (with some exceptions). We were kind of disappointed with that. The rooms were not very clean. The breakfast was the best thing about our stay!

• 20th Jul 2015

Fantastic place! So happy we chose to stay here. Great location easy to go anywhere from downtown to vondelpark! Great choice!

• 19th Jul 2015

the hostel's price is high considering what you get. Breakfast costs an additional 5 euros. Should be included because of the high cost of staying there. Staff was very helpful. My roommates were disastrous, but that's not the hostel's fault however they should check how much of a mess their guests make because they made me uncomfortable since they made the room so dirty.

Very clean hostel in a central location. Beautiful rooms and an overall pleasant stay. Felt more like staying in a hotel though, rather than a hostel, and thus it was more difficult to meet fellow travelers to enjoy Amsterdam with

Very good. Far from Amsterdam downtown which is a good location for me. Near the Vondelpark. Easy tram ride to Albert Cuyp Market. Was a good stay for me.

Location is the best part. Outside of the canal ring in a quiet part of town. More of a hotel than a hostel, no common rooms. Not a great layout, 1 bathroom for an 8 bed dorm and no common bathroom. It's not great but it works fine.

enjoyed our stay

Soaps were not refilled. 10 e for laundry

Brilliant hostel, location is excellent, great facilities. Highly recommend it. Had a great stay

The hotel was fine for sleeping and all the basic stuff! The location is absolutely great! It couldn't be better. Perfect for visiting Amsterdam more cultural.

The staff were not friendly and I was given the wrong bed number. It was confusing as two of us had the same bed number. The receptionist didn't bother even to come upstairs and check inspite of me asking her to do so. And around 3 am, a girl woke me up and said its her bed and I had to find another empty bed. The next morning I mentioned this to receptionist and he didn't even bother to apologize. And this place is like a hotel, its impossible to meet fellow travelers.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • sathishs696884
  • Sri Lanka

Fantastic place to stay a short walk from the city centre and close to many attractions too. Staff are helpful and I paid extra for breakfast which as brilliant. Highly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2015