Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice hostel in a fantastic location. Modern bed- and bathrooms, though our bathroom never seemed to be properly cleaned- especially irratating as the shower always flooded the bathroom floor. I was disappointed that guests weren't allowed to access the kitchen, but the staff were generally polite and helpful, with the exception of the male manager at reception, who was really rude.

A great hostel to stay at during a weekend in Amsterdam. The place is calm and is located in a nice neighbourhood close to alot of museums and stuff. The room was like nice and modern but could used a bit more cleaning. Our balcony was filled with old stuff, for instance two big construction cones, a pair of old shoes and some random garbage. But all in all, a hostel that I think gives you value for the money!

Excellent Hotel... I slept in the 8 beds-room and I was pleasantly surprised about the confortable and clean and facilities of the room. I didn't need buy shampoo or towels or soap. Really good value for money. Also, the breakfast for 5 euros was quite good. Maybe the only thing to improve... the asiatic guy at the reception could be more friendly.

Beautiful area.... Not really a hostel. No common areas (good ones) no kitchen, not really catering to backpackers.

The location is good, the trem stop is just beside the hostel. The Van Gogh Museum is just across the street. The staff at front desk are pretty nice. The facility in the room is good. Generally this is quite a good hostel which I will definitely consider to stay again if I go to Amsterdam next time

Everything was good but I had to points and veryiimportant to be taken in consideration first of all I booked in a female room and I was surprised to see that we had a boy sleeping in our room. Second in the second day of my stay they didn't clean the room and didn't even put toilet paper in room :(.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

In general hostel was very good. Was in an 8 mixed dorm. Rooms are quite nice and clean. Beds are comfy. Each person has own safe for security. Location is excellent - opposite Van Gogh museum and a short walk from Loads of great bars and restaurants. Only downside is the reception staff weren't particularly friendly - or at least the ones that were working when I was there. But overall - a good hostel and value for money.

• 1st Oct 2014

I enjoyed staying in the Hostel (or "hotel") Van Gogh -- I think that if you are looking to party, then keep looking.. The location is far city centre.. I had to tram it (which closes at 12am - not good enough for partying nights) or walk, which is about 25 minute (not a lot, but also not super convenient). The room was very clean and seemed like I was staying more at a hotel than a hostel. The folks cleaned sheets and towels every day. It was harder to meet people than normal.

Everything was great and the breakfast definitely worth the money.

Asian man at reception was a bit rude. Was essentially a hotel with hostel bedding. Rooms were a bit cramped and the beds on the other side had no access to the tv which was a bit annoying. Bit pricey but overall the location is good, close to tram stops and supermarket

One member of staff (behind the desk) was extremely rude. The other members of staff were friendly enough. The room wasn't ready upon check in time so the floor was left dirty and covered in crumbs, hair and various other things. The shower flooded the bathroom every time someone used it.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very good hostel. Clean, organized and well located (but it's not in the center, but in the Museum District). But it has very little atmosphere or any hangout place. It's more of a Hotel refurnished to be a Hostel.

the bathroom is the best among all the hostels i have stay in my trip. It is not localed in most central, But not very far, you can choose to walk or take the trám, very easy. The staffes aré very Nice, answer any question you asked. It is not the tradicional hostel. They have hotel room on the same place. The breakfast is the best i have ever have in a hostel. It is very clean And very worth the money, here is a great choice. I love staying here.

Clean, safe and with an excellent location. Staff is friendly and helpful, I would definitely stay here again next time.

The majority of staff were great but one man was extremely rude to ALL hostel guests, everyone talked about how horrible he was. Overall very helpful, and better than I expected from a hostel at this price

• 9th Sep 2014

Really good value for money! The rooms were clean and modern. Location was reasonably good and the wifi worked well, however the staff were a bit rude.

Nice and modern, would have felt more like a hotel if we werent sharing a room, great room with private ensuite, felt comfortable. Good location, easy walk to the major sites of Amsterdam or a tram stop just around the corner

A really wonderful place for students or anyone looking for a comfortable enjoyable stay in Amsterdam. Located in the museum district it's a prime place to relax and enjoy the quieter moments in the city whilst most of the tourist spots and manic locations like the red light district are roughly a 20 minute walk away (depending on how likely you are to get lost) I'd recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a nice well budgeted hostel that has a great balance in it's location.

Great breakfast!!

• 8th Sep 2014

I was genuinely impressed with the room we had been given at the hostel, it was one of the most well presented I had ever seen! The only thing I feel let this place down (this is literally the only thing) was the poor attitude of the reception staff. He was very sharp to every person I heard him speak to and never smiled at a single guest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7