Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel Van Gogh was of a decent standard. The room was pretty small but the bathroom was clean. It was located a bit out of the part of Amsterdam I like which was a hassle as we had to pay for trams throughout the day. One thing I can't fault was the breakfast which was nice. However we got asked three times whether our name was on the list. They could simplify that method

Nice place. They shouldn't charge to print your boarding pass.

Very clean & quiet place eith comfortable beds. Very clean place especially the bathroom! Nice breakfast abd good coffee - I would for sure book another stay there!

The only thing that I disliked was that my room was right next to a roof area where people would sit each night and socialize very loudly, making it a little hard to sleep. However, I really liked the location, my single private room, and the hostel overall!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Enjoyed my stay. Didn't have to make my own bed, it was very clean and had everything you would need including electronic safes in the room to store possessions. In terms of location, it's a picturesque thirty minute walk to the train station, but you're located right next to several tourist attractions and the area is very safe overall with excellent bars and restaurants and a supermarket located within minutes. There's a lovely bakery a block away if you don't want to pay for the breakfast.

Very nice stay at hostel van Gogh . Perfekt location And nice rooms ! Bra hostell/hotel perfekt läge och trevliga enkla rum. Rent o fräscht och helt okey frukost !

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Posizione eccellente, personale gentile, colazione abbondante. Unica nota stonata la pulizia, andrebbe migliorata.

Great location and great facilities. I do not expect Hostels to be a quiet place - but I do expect that a level of consideration of the other people staying in the Hostel. For 2 nights in a row, the young kids (teenagers?) staying in adjacent rooms to the dorm I was in were extremely noisy way past midnight.. This should not be acceptable ...and should be managed by the Hostel. Otherwise a good place as far as hostels go ;-)

• 8th Apr 2015

Generally speaking, staffs were friendly. However, one of staffs, who might be Chinese, was lack of patience to explain our payment detail since we did not notice that we need to pay 5.5% tax additionally. It was our fault to being aware of additional tax. But that staff's attitude was totally not good.

It´s a pity that a place where you can hide and locked your stuff is so small.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Poland

I was in the Hostel for 4 nights and extremely enjoyed my stay there. Staff is really nice, they have a great building with elevator. They also offer a good breakfast. And the great thing is that they have a wonderful location, with acces to lots of tram lines a meters from the hostel. It is looking cation in the Museumplein.

Cleaners will come into your room while youre sleeping! ( althoguh they knocked and youre sleeping < and because youre sleeping so you did not answer them > ) they would just come in! Did you ever think before what if my valueable stuff gone..? Who should i blame? Mid night / early morning Staff is so unfriendly and always on their computers! You ask for direction but all they say is ' i never been there before or i have no idea' There is a freaking computer infront of you! Cant you check?!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

There was a TON of mold in my room. Behind my bed, on the ceiling, and on the windows. Really gross.

• 26th Mar 2015

very clean. shower facilities are hotel-like. helpful staff and very friendly. great location and safe.

Great stay. Felt like a hotel. Clean comfy beds. Good location. Staff were amazing! Only downfall I think would be the atmosphere. No real common area to hang out and meet people. Being a solo traveller that's imported. Very highly rate this hostel and I definitely would stay there again!!!!

Quite unfriendly staff. This was also commented on by other guests during my stay. Not a great atmosphere! Within walking distance of the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum etc. and it was very handy to have individual safes in the dorm room.

My first problem with this place is that it is definitely advertised as a HOSTEL when I booked. Backpackers, don't be fooled - this is a hotel and the sign hanging above the door when you arrive will gladly surprise you. So, I'm to judge this as a hotel and it was mediocre at best. The worst by far, however, was the Asian man at the reception desk. EXTREMELY rude and unhelpful. Other than that, the rooms are nice and cleaned often, but our shower wasn't working and the WIFI in the rooms sucked.

Great clean hostel, however it's quite far from the red light district which is more what I came for... Right next to museums and 5-10 min walk from city center. Good hostel overall...

Had a pleasant stay, clean room with fresh towels everyday. It was a quite environment specially at night. Great Location, close to most of the Museums. Helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend this Hotel!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very clean, modern hostel. Much like a hotel with multiple beds per room. Up to you whether you like that sort of experience or not.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6