Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is very good located its is in front the Van Gogh Museum and next to the most of the touristic atractions. There is a lift which means you dont need to go up stairs with your bags,there is in the rooms and there is a good value you can book the check in. But in day there was a guy in suit behind reception VERY unfriendly either towards guests either to staff which made the atmosphere too tense .

• 25th Jul 2015

I loved it! Great location and very close to food/shopping/museums and the tram.

• 24th Jul 2015

Very nice clean hostel and easy to find from the directions on the hostel page, Only bad point is that its a 35 minute walk from the centre or 15 minutes on the tram which isn't as cheap as other European cities but probably worth getting if you will be in and out a lot. No kitchen to cook in, but a good breakfast bar for €5 per person per day. Very clean spacious rooms and amazing shower. Beds very comfy and was a major plus point. Safes in every room for each bed which was good. staff helpful

The hostel was a short tram ride away from Amsterdam Central station, their is a tram stop right outside the hostel. The hostel is also very close to the Van Gogh Museum and the 'I amsterdam' sign. The hostel itself is very clean and modern, the dorms are nice, we stayed in an 8 bed room so was very busy but still a good nights sleep. Has safety deposit boxes for your valuables. Wifi also very good! Breakfast is 5 euro but worth it.

Nice place to stay

The staff from the front desk and from the restaurant are a bit rude (with some exceptions). We were kind of disappointed with that. The rooms were not very clean. The breakfast was the best thing about our stay!

• 20th Jul 2015

the hostel's price is high considering what you get. Breakfast costs an additional 5 euros. Should be included because of the high cost of staying there. Staff was very helpful. My roommates were disastrous, but that's not the hostel's fault however they should check how much of a mess their guests make because they made me uncomfortable since they made the room so dirty.

Very clean hostel in a central location. Beautiful rooms and an overall pleasant stay. Felt more like staying in a hotel though, rather than a hostel, and thus it was more difficult to meet fellow travelers to enjoy Amsterdam with

Very good. Far from Amsterdam downtown which is a good location for me. Near the Vondelpark. Easy tram ride to Albert Cuyp Market. Was a good stay for me.

Location is the best part. Outside of the canal ring in a quiet part of town. More of a hotel than a hostel, no common rooms. Not a great layout, 1 bathroom for an 8 bed dorm and no common bathroom. It's not great but it works fine.

enjoyed our stay

Soaps were not refilled. 10 e for laundry

Brilliant hostel, location is excellent, great facilities. Highly recommend it. Had a great stay

The hotel was fine for sleeping and all the basic stuff! The location is absolutely great! It couldn't be better. Perfect for visiting Amsterdam more cultural.

The staff were not friendly and I was given the wrong bed number. It was confusing as two of us had the same bed number. The receptionist didn't bother even to come upstairs and check inspite of me asking her to do so. And around 3 am, a girl woke me up and said its her bed and I had to find another empty bed. The next morning I mentioned this to receptionist and he didn't even bother to apologize. And this place is like a hotel, its impossible to meet fellow travelers.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • sathishs696884
  • Sri Lanka

Fantastic place to stay a short walk from the city centre and close to many attractions too. Staff are helpful and I paid extra for breakfast which as brilliant. Highly recommended!

• 13th Jul 2015

Overall a great experience, clean rooms, good breakfast if you opt to purchase it. The only thing I have to say is maybe they could improve their signage. The sign says "hotel" instead of "hostel" and the bunks we were assigned to, although I found it easy to navigate, others did not. Someone put all of their belongings on my partners assigned bed and after leaving her a nice note about it we came back later to find her sleeping in my assigned bed. Everything else was very good !

The best part about the hostel is the location. It's on a quiet street in the museum district and is walking distance to most areas of the city. The staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful, but they answered my questions when asked. The room was what I expected. Nice and clean. The bathroom was better than expected. Biggest issue is that my bed was the only one without an outlet and a reading light. My safe also didn't work. It would have been a pain if I were there longer.

• 11th Jul 2015

great place to stay if you need somewhere nice to recuperate - great beds, very clean, but super expensive, no sense of community. The girls at reception were cool, but didn't seem to have many suggestions for ways to get a feel for the city, and the guy i talked to at reception was rude and created an uncomfortable environment, which left a sour taste in my mouth

Amazing hostel! The facilities are great and the staff is terrific. It's one of the nicest hostels Ibe ever stayed in. The only complaint is that the location isn't directly in the heart of Amsterdam. It's by the Vondelpark and the museums, which is great in its own way. It was nice to go out to the bars and clubs and then head back to the quiet neighborhood where the hostel is located. It's also close to a great area with a lot of bars. I would definitely recommend the Van Gogh!

• 11th Jul 2015