Hostel Van Gogh

8.5
Fabulous 4322 Total Reviews

• China, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

The stuff is so nice! And the room is clean and comfortable !

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Apr 2017

We stayed for 4 nights in a mixed dorm and loved it. The staff at reception were super friendly and helpful especially the guy in the evenings. The breakfast was great and kept us going all day. Theres bus and trams right outside to all parts of the city even though its only about 30 minute walk to the city center. Not a party hostel but we were friendly with our roommates. Highly recommend.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

I had a single room and really enjoyed my stay in the Van Gogh Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean. The space in the room was limited but I didn't mind, since I just used it for sleeping anyway. The bathroom was big, almost the same size as the rest of the room, with a nice big shower and a big mirror.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017

It is located in a hotel and is just like a hotel. They basically put 4 bunk beds in a big room and each room has a private hotel style bathroom and a TV. Each bed is equipped with its own light and socket, very nice. The style of the room is very chic (hotel-like). The only bad thing is that it's almost impossible to meet people besides the people in your own room since there is no hostel activity or cozy hostel area. I was lucky that my roommates were cool. Still, it's a nice place to sleep :)

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2017

I came to Amsterdam alone and decided to stay at this hostel since it was near most of the art museums. The location is a little far from the red light district which i didn't mind because it was quiet and had easy access to the trams and busses anyways. I ended up meeting some hostel roomies who were from Brazil and Spain, and spent most of my stay exploring with them. Highly recommend this hostel if you want to meet people and be close to the museum's! About a 20 minute walk to DAM square. Xo

10th Apr 2017
5.1

Super lame. No kitchen, expensive breakfast that is gross. Place was clean, but I paid for a 6 person room and somehow ended up with an extra bed in there with an extra person...the workers were not friendly (except for one) and not very helpful. My bed was literally 2 inches away from the bed next to me so it was a bit cramped.

• erinwohlgemuth
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
7.7

The hostel is near lots of museums but a bit far for the canals and red light distict and central station. The breakfast , 5 euros , is fabulous . Unfortunately the lockers in the rooms are very small and loud when they lock and un lock. Also , the toilet and shower were in the same room which made sharing with 7 other people hard. The staff member there when I checked in was super friendly and helpful but the staff member there when I checked out was curt and didn't want to answer questions.

9th Apr 2017

I stayed in a single room, ensuite, for two nights. An amazing location, a small but comfortable room, very helpful and friendly staff, a good breakfast, and not too much going on in the way of social gathering places for guests - more of a hotel than hostel feel to it. All in all, I would (and am already planning) to return. It's beast to access the city from the hostel, especially (of course) the museums, and it's easy enough to get to the hostel from the airport or central station.

• South Africa, Female, 31-40
7th Apr 2017

This hostel was perfectly located, friendly and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. The private rooms here were better than the hotel i stayed in for my conference

• Turkey, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Apr 2017
6.9

We had a 6-bed mixed dorm, which was clean yet very small. Instead of shared bathrooms, we as 6 people had used one bathroom and that was inconvenient for most of the time. Regarding bathroom, the tap of the shower did not work properly, so we had to take shower with an extremely hot water. Moreover, they had brought an additional bed on our last night without any notification, that left 7 people sleeping in that small dorm again.