Hostel Van Gogh

Fabulous 4188 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Feb 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The facilities are kept in great condition. Comfy beds and hot showers. €5 breakfast available, decent wifi and bus to airport just down the street. I would definitely stay here again.

• jkgunterman
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

The hostel itself is super nice it's new and clean. We had an issue with our shower not draining and it ended up flooding our room. The staff didn't do much since it was late at night he said it wasn't his job to clean. Other then the drain it was great! Beds were super comfy. It is close to a metro line but pretty far from all the major attractions. Overall a decent stay.

• armeers6335
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
7.7

Great location, great rooms, beds were comfy. Only downfall was the bathroom, shower drain didn't drain and so overflowed into bathroom and then no circulation in the bathroom caused it to get pretty muggy.

• England, Male, 18-24
5.4

During the first night of our stay when arriving back at our room we began to prepare our bed for the night, only to find the pubic hair of a previous guest in our sheets. This, for the first view of our hotel completely ruined the experience for us. We felt as though the whole room was unclean and did not feel comfortable sleeping in our beds, this showing with the very little amount of sleep we had over the period of our trip.

• Indonesia, Mixed Group, 18-24
4.9

The receptionist who did the check in for us (I suppose the FO manager) treated us unprofessionally. He used bad gestures, bad behaviour, and being racist. Approving his attitude will be one of the way to fix everything. As a FO manager he shouldn't give his colleagues this kind of example.

• USA, Female, 31-40
4th Feb 2017

It was my first time staying in a hostel, and Hotel Van Gogh did not disappoint. I booked a private room with a bathroom. Checking in was very easy, and I had read past reviews about the front desk/staff being very rude, but the guy who helped me was super nice and helpful. My room was very clean and they even provided towels and shampoo. I was afraid the hostel would be noisy, but it was pretty quiet during my stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Great experience here! The rooms were minimal but the shared bath was nicer than I've ever seen. I was in a 6p shared female room. The location was the best-- just steps away from the Van Gogh Museum and the tram. Very convenient. They have breakfast for 5 euro which was a great start to the morning and the staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Not so much a party hostel (from what I saw) but if you just need a place to stay in a safe and comfy environment, this place is for you.

• Greece, Male, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017
6.9

Room was cleaned that often. Very small room for putting 8 beds. However it was a nice room for a hostel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
4.0

The only thing that could improve this place is a new manager with a new attitude. Totally unobservant, incompetent and downright rude.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
25th Jan 2017
6.6

Hostel was quite nice but I found the Asian man at the desk to be quite rude and cold. Didn't seem to care much about the guests and didn't even say goodbye when we checked out. Overall a nice hostel