Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is great, especially in a place like Paris where it can be tougher to find reasonably priced accomodations close to everything. The shower curtain was a bit gross - it had stains at the bottom and the bathroom smelled a bit like mildew. But the rest of the room was clean and good! I would stay there again!

Clean, safe and with an excellent location. Staff is friendly and helpful, I would definitely stay here again next time.

Really good value for money! The rooms were clean and modern. Location was reasonably good and the wifi worked well, however the staff were a bit rude.

Nice and modern, would have felt more like a hotel if we werent sharing a room, great room with private ensuite, felt comfortable. Good location, easy walk to the major sites of Amsterdam or a tram stop just around the corner

I was genuinely impressed with the room we had been given at the hostel, it was one of the most well presented I had ever seen! The only thing I feel let this place down (this is literally the only thing) was the poor attitude of the reception staff. He was very sharp to every person I heard him speak to and never smiled at a single guest.

• 8th Sep 2014

it was the cleanest hostel that i stay, we did not have any problem during the day time or night time sleep in room. the beds were comfortable, there was plugin and light near each bed The location is a bit far from the center but the center of Amsterdam is big enough to say the hostel's location is good but it is far from the Dam square, around 20 min by walking and 4-5 stops by tram

the mold in our bathroom was pretty gross. mind you, it was a great shower so I got over it but it covered most of the corner. The manager gave me a really hard time in the morning when I was asked about a cup of water or water fountain. everyone else was nice though.

Overall, my stay at the hostel was very good. You got lockers in the room, individual plugs and lights and nice beds and sheets. Rooms are cleaned everyday. Excellent location, walking distance for most sights and also very close to tram station. It is more like a hotel than a hostel so if you are more interest on parties you may prefer a party hostel. A little expansive but all Accommodations in Amsterdam seems to be like that. Excellent breakfast all you can eat for just 5 euros.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We loved that we got clean towel everyday. We also loved how big the bathroom was and the breakfast if we got up early enough for it. The only thing that could be better is maybe a chill out area for backpackers to mingle.

Nice place, easy to get around town, nice staff.

Great location to see the museums, decent bed and very clean No atmosphere.

Would recommend hostel Van Gogh if you stay in Amsterdam. Access to trams outside of hostel, clean facilities. Modern rooms, Great bathrooms and good breakfast selection. No complaints.

Another 'hostel' with no kitchen. But still a lovely place to stay with really friendly staff.

Had little interaction with staff, so a little hard to rate them. But that aside, had a great stay, definitely the nicest and most modern hostel I have seen on my travels, I would recommend it!

the mixed room are too small for 8 people, can't even breath there. I paied for the breakfast and they didn't put my number on the list so I have to wait for them to check it...

great location, really loved the city wish I stayed longer. Had everything a hostel needs but no kitchen if you're thinking of cooking.

I thought this hostel was awesome, definitely a more high-end than a traditional hostel, it's more of a hostel-hotel hybrid. I agree with other reviewers that the community vibe was a little lacking, (I never went to the common area, mostly because it was pretty empty) but that's because the rooms are awesome! And luckily, if you have good roommates for your stay, you get to meet a bunch of awesome people that way too. Wifi is also good, for those who need to know!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Every thing at this hostel was good except for this stuck up angry asian guy who works at the front desk he's rude and angry all the time he must hate his job

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hostel is great, very clean, with good bed and bathroom. The street is quite, since no car allowed to enter it. I would just say that is no extra bathrroms and showers besides the ones inside the room. Thsi can be sometimes annoing when 3-4-5-8 people wake at the same time and everyone need to use the bath and the are no extras in the hall.

The place is amazing, yet I would rather have a locker rather than a safe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7