Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed in a three bed private room and it was beautiful! It was like a hotel and the location is perfect! It's close to the I Amsterdam sign and it's also close to the main town centre! I missed the hotel once I left it. And it was nice and quiet

Great hostel and good location, nearby museum and less than 30 minutes on foot from the center. Just two bad points: breakfast supplement and small lockers.

• 25th Aug 2015

Really good location, great staff. Very comfy beds and big rooms. Nice that they'll print stuff for you and you have computer access. Breakfast is 5€ which is a bummer, would be nice if they also provided a basic toast/jam/PB/coffee/fruit breakfast if you don't want the full bacon and eggs breakfast. Most hostels do that. Internet was down the first few days as well but got resolved. Overall really clean and great location!

Not a place to really mingle and atmosphere lacking somehow. 10 tram ride from Amsterdam centraal. Just didn't feel this place...

The rooms were nice and clean but very small. I was in a 6 bed dorm that clearly used to be a single hotel room and there was no room to store backpacks or suitcases. There were some safes which valuables could be stored in but they were very small. However, the ensuite bathroom was good and the beds were comfortable. Do not come here if you want a party atmosphere. There is no bar. Overall it was a comfortable place to stay and close to the museums but it lacked atmosphere.

Great stay, would stay again. The hostel is more like a hotel. Breakfast was worth the 5 euro. Good location with friendly staff (except one front desk who didn't seem to have much patience). The hostel room was a decent size. Bathroom was very nice. The shower head was broken and so was the sink stopper, but not a big deal. One of the safes in the room stopped working as well, and we told the front desk, but they did not fix it. Consider booking for your stay.

Great place for a relaxing stay, very clean and modern rooms/bathrooms, extremely comfortable beds!

very good hostel.. excellent location and very comfy...

Nice service, located in city centre, very clean and nice atmosphere in rooms.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Russia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bathroom was fantastic! The shower didn't work on our last night and it was late so we couldn't use one in another room which sucked but when we could use the shower it was awesome. More like a hotel room just with 6 beds than a hostel room. Right near the Van Gogh Museum. Wasn't a lot of opportunity to get to know people that weren't in your room but the facilities more than made up for it.

The hostel was nice but pricey for what I have stayed in before. It was very clean so maybe the extra money is it worth it for some people. Although the atmosphere is lacking, there is no good space and hang out with people and chill and at night they put the chairs up in the common area. Not the most Social hostel.

I only stayed for one night. Max age is 40 I am 40 years and 4 months) . Hotel offered me a a double room where I stayed on my own for one night which was very nice indeed. BTW, ge limit was not mentioned on the website, or at least I did not notice it when making the booking. Would be good to say so upfront, to avoid confusion. Staff was not friendly. Fortunately, I found another hostel where age limit is 45 for the duration of my stay. Age limit was clearly mentioned.

• 14th Aug 2015

Really clean and comfortable beds

Clean and friendly hostel. There is a hotel part too but even the hostel part clearly used to be a hotel once. Location is excellent for major museums and canal cruises and plenty of tram and bus stops locally. Everything worked and I had all the facilities I needed. Would definitely stay again.

Great location and cool clean rooms! just by THE IAMSTERDAM sign

The hostel is like a hotel. The rooms were very clean, the towels are changed, and bathrooms are cleaned daily. Don't be fooled by the hallway and very tiny elevator, it was a great place. If u want to stay closer to the museums it is in a great area, nice place to sit and relax. It did not have a hostel atmosphere and the staff were polite but did not make many suggestions or recommendations so have your travel aps ready. Outside of that I loved the place and would totally recommend it.

Great rooms. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Easy access to the museums, trams near by to go to the city centre. I would recommend a stay here.

• 10th Aug 2015

The room was lovely, as were the facilities however the customer service at the front desk was disgraceful. The lady was rude and we ended up waiting over an hour to get in to our room when she had told us it was going to be 10 minutes.

Located on a quiet street near lots of museums but a bit of a walk from the centre. Room was fine but occupied by very noisy teenagers. The hostel caters more to the younger age group. A simple breakfast was fine. 8 bed female dorm had an ensuite. Rooms had small lockers with a number code. Small fridge for personal use. Staff were fine. Luggage can be stored for free.

We were lucky with our stay in this hostel as we had a really good group of people in our room! The staff were friendly and helpful especially one of the male members as he stood outside when we got lost arriving at the hostel late at night. However, when we asked if we could store our luggage in the room all we received was a look and our bags were thrown into the room. But that was only a minor detail as the stay was really good and we would definitely return! The location was a bonus.

• 7th Aug 2015