Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had little interaction with staff, so a little hard to rate them. But that aside, had a great stay, definitely the nicest and most modern hostel I have seen on my travels, I would recommend it!

the mixed room are too small for 8 people, can't even breath there. I paied for the breakfast and they didn't put my number on the list so I have to wait for them to check it...

Hostel is great, very clean, with good bed and bathroom. The street is quite, since no car allowed to enter it. I would just say that is no extra bathrroms and showers besides the ones inside the room. Thsi can be sometimes annoing when 3-4-5-8 people wake at the same time and everyone need to use the bath and the are no extras in the hall.

The place is amazing, yet I would rather have a locker rather than a safe.

This almost felt more line a hotel than a hostel. Not a particularly warm atmosphere, but they did have legit safes in the rooms, tv, and beds were already made and towels included, which was nice.

The staff is soooooooo friendly !!!! The woman at the front desk was the most kind person I've ever met ! As for the rooms, THEYRE EXACTLY LIKE HOTEL ROOMS! I would recommend this hostel to EVERYONE !!!

Absolutely terrific. The staff were so kind and helpful, and the room was stunning. It was meant to be a hostel room, but it was like a 4* hotel room. Best place to stay in Amsterdam!

Good clean hostel. Amazing showers. Good but expensive breakfast. Within walking distance to everything.

Everything was great, it's just that the electronic lock on my door didn't work all the time.

Very clean and very convenient!

• 15th Aug 2014

Would stay here again in a heartbeat, great location, friendly laid back staff, clean facilities! All round excellent stay

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

DO NOT STAY HERE!! My belongings were stolen. Even though I complained to the staff 16 hours before leave the hotel they did nothing. Particularly a chinese man (who is supposed to be the manager) was completely impolite by telling me: "We are not responsible if your belongings were stolen, We have no camaras recording the rooms and I won't refund you any money". I am totally disappointed with the service. I asked for the terms and conditions of the hostel's service and that nobody could show me

We, a party of four, booked a four-person private room. We were given a six-person room instead, but we still had it all to ourselves, so that was just fine. The location of the hostel was very convenient, since we wanted to see the van gogh museum and it was right across the street, and the price was not bad for Amsterdam (lodging in Amsterdam is a bit expensive in general, I would say). The room was quiet and clean, and the en suite bathroom was nice. A very good single-night stay.

Decent enough little hostel. Close to Van Gogh museum and Vondelpark; directly across from the tram which takes you straight into the centre. A little expensive, but not too bad a hostel.

It is a very nice hostel, a very good price for sleep in Amsterda, however if you have plans to go to red light, eat in restaurants or go shopping it is a little far for walking. In general is a nice place to stay.

Breakfast not worth 5€, but guest fridge and microwave mean you can make your own. Close to major attractions, walking distance to everything.

This hostel did feel more like a hotel, but that definitely wasn't all bad! The rooms were very clean and modern, had a TV, and the bathrooms and showers were great. Not much atmosphere at the hostel due to not having a bar, but there was still an area to sit downstairs. One of the cheaper places in amsterdam and we were very happy with it.

Super friendly and dedicated staff. Asked a German girl who was working at the reception for good places to eat as a local and had the best grilled burger in a long time. Everything was clean and we had a full bathroom in the 8 bed shared room. Location is pretty good too, around 10 minutes walking to a couple of rent-a-bike places.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Half-basement room, very expensive. 460€ for father 2 sons, 3 nights, breakfast not incl. Right next to floor entrance; whenever floor door swung back, our door gave a shattering noise throughout the night. Right outside the window people were talking all night long. Worst thing was black fungi in the ceiling of both the room and the bathroom (photos were made). So even considering it's Amsterdam and it was a short-term booking, this is way overpriced.

• 7th Aug 2014

It was simply great: beautiful, comfortable and with every thing you would need. Location is also very convenient.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7