Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Clean and comfy beds with towels provided. More mirrors needed in the room with 6 girls! Bathroom modern, kept clean and a great shower. Good buffet breakfast for 5 euros extra. Right near the I Amsterdam sign, and can walk into town easy. Overall a good hostel and would stay again.

Very clean and nice facility. I wasn't aware though that being 54 years old excludes me from staying in the least expensive room, meaning 6 beds (with bunk beds). I was only told about that after I walked into the facility after a long transatlantic flight. I was informed that the info could have been find online (small print) and that I simply didn't read it. It was true. I didn't. I was checked in anyway but now I know I need to read the small print and probably pay for a more expensive place

• 6th Jan 2015

It was very clean and nice.Staff was very kind.There is an all you can buffet for 5 euros for the breakfast.It was very good.It is in a very good location,just near to Van Gogh Museum.I highly recommend this hostel.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

I've stayed in a triple room with private bathroom and what I can say is that is not an hostel room, is a 3/4* hotel room. Very clean, spacious and confortable! The bed is really amazing. The location is perfect! If you like to walk you can do all Amsterdam walking and the hostel is just in front of the Van Gogh Museum that is 1 minute walking from the Rijskmuseum that is really central. The atmosphere and facilities are really cool and completely worth it the value for money. Cool staff.

This was the most pristine hostel I've ever stayed in, in Europe - it was like a hotel! They give you fresh towels (for free!) every morning, and the place was immaculate. Cannot recommend this place enough - such great value for your money!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

The hostel has a excellent location and good facilities. The room is really good and spacious. Some things were not good, though. The hostel has no kitchen for guests. Even with the fridge and the microwave, there is no space for cooking, if you want to. The staff is not very frindly. I arrived in the afternoon with some friends and the receptionist did not give us a lot of attention and was not at all friendly.

everything was gut the hostel its clean and the location its good

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Great! Can't say enough about this hostel. They took care of everything and they were very polite. Probably the single best hostel in town (though to be fair, I'd only been to one other)!

Loved this hostel. The location is perfect for walking around and seeing the museums. Easy to get to from the airport. Overall, awesome place!

This hostel was in a great location. My only complaint was the male receptionist. He was very rude to everyone.

• 26th Dec 2014

The location is very convenient and the breakfast is very cheap (5euros) for good, all you can eat food . We just hope they can build cabinets for the rooms. The only thing provided are small safety boxes where only a passport , some jewelry and wallet can fit in. There are no shelves to place toiletries or used clothes. Also the rooms and bathrooms are not that clean.

The location is really great, near the Rijksmuseum, and really easy to get there, because it's close to the Van Gogh Museum. I didn't see a kitchen to make your own food there, however there is always a microwave available. If you book the breakfast one day before it's cheaper. And the breakfast is really good! Nice hostel, will be back more times.

A good hostel overall. Close to the three main arts museums and vondelpark. The neighborhood is really quiet at night though, so don't expect to find too many places for food/drinks after 10pm around the hostel. If you are looking for a quiet hostel that has more of an hotel feel, a.k.a. no mingling with other travelers, then this place is great for a quiet place to sleep. Wifi is slow/nonexistent during peak hours (7pm-1am) but they do offer a nice breakfast buffet for 5 euros.

It's really easy to get to the hostel from Centraal Station, and the hostel is located in an area full of museums, in front of Van Gogh Museum, near the "I amsterdam" sign. I didn't see a kitchen to make your my food there, however there was a microwave available. The breakfast is really good, and booking the breakfast the day before it's EUR 5.00, otherwise it's EUR 6.50. Nice hostel, I would be back there.

Generally we were very happy with the services provided by the Hostel. The best thing about it is its location. Very convenient and in the heart of the city. The majority of the staff were nice. Although the internet connection was somewhat poor in the room, it was really good in the lobby. Would stay there again.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Very nice rooms and amazing bathrooms. No atmosphere, difficult to meet other people and a bit of a walk to most main attractions. Stay here if you want to stay in more of a hotel, than a hostel.

Everything was spot on. Not a single complain. Enjoyed my stay there thoroughly :)

They even let me stand at their computer for about 8 hours doing a work assignment I had to turn in. I wish the computers were at desks with chairs, but otherwise we had a great experience.

Booked the 8 bed dorm for our group of 8 with our own restroom. Was a woman and man at the front desk who seemed uninterested and were impolite about us using the luggage room. Beyond the staff who were rude and appeared mentally slow, the stay was great. Clean, provided towels, but the location was the best part. Right next to the Vangogh and Rijksmusem. We always just walked to the city center which isn't bad at all, maybe 20 minutes... and there was always something to see along the way.

it was the second time we stayed at the Hostel Van Gogh, and this was great !!! the breakfast is a good investment, the quality and quantity of food is very very good. Also you may use the dinning area if you buy food in a near by supermarket for diiner, for exmple. We took the walkingtour, good idea !!!! highly recommended

• 19th Dec 2014