Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Soaps were not refilled. 10 e for laundry

Brilliant hostel, location is excellent, great facilities. Highly recommend it. Had a great stay

The hotel was fine for sleeping and all the basic stuff! The location is absolutely great! It couldn't be better. Perfect for visiting Amsterdam more cultural.

The staff were not friendly and I was given the wrong bed number. It was confusing as two of us had the same bed number. The receptionist didn't bother even to come upstairs and check inspite of me asking her to do so. And around 3 am, a girl woke me up and said its her bed and I had to find another empty bed. The next morning I mentioned this to receptionist and he didn't even bother to apologize. And this place is like a hotel, its impossible to meet fellow travelers.

Fantastic place to stay a short walk from the city centre and close to many attractions too. Staff are helpful and I paid extra for breakfast which as brilliant. Highly recommended!

Very good

Overall a great experience, clean rooms, good breakfast if you opt to purchase it. The only thing I have to say is maybe they could improve their signage. The sign says "hotel" instead of "hostel" and the bunks we were assigned to, although I found it easy to navigate, others did not. Someone put all of their belongings on my partners assigned bed and after leaving her a nice note about it we came back later to find her sleeping in my assigned bed. Everything else was very good !

The staff were very nice, helpful and understanding. I had one small problem with one of the staff members but that's all. They change your bedding every day and each bed has there own outlet and light. It was like staying in a hotel almost.

• 11th Jul 2015

The best part about the hostel is the location. It's on a quiet street in the museum district and is walking distance to most areas of the city. The staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful, but they answered my questions when asked. The room was what I expected. Nice and clean. The bathroom was better than expected. Biggest issue is that my bed was the only one without an outlet and a reading light. My safe also didn't work. It would have been a pain if I were there longer.

• 11th Jul 2015

great place to stay if you need somewhere nice to recuperate - great beds, very clean, but super expensive, no sense of community. The girls at reception were cool, but didn't seem to have many suggestions for ways to get a feel for the city, and the guy i talked to at reception was rude and created an uncomfortable environment, which left a sour taste in my mouth

Amazing hostel! The facilities are great and the staff is terrific. It's one of the nicest hostels Ibe ever stayed in. The only complaint is that the location isn't directly in the heart of Amsterdam. It's by the Vondelpark and the museums, which is great in its own way. It was nice to go out to the bars and clubs and then head back to the quiet neighborhood where the hostel is located. It's also close to a great area with a lot of bars. I would definitely recommend the Van Gogh!

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location, close to everything only a 5 minute walk to restaurants, bars and cafes. Ensuite in the rooms and the atmosphere was okay but not great. Wifi wasn't great in our room but was fine downstairs.

Very close to tram stops and museums. Great place to stay

This was the first hostel we stayed at during our trip, and we were extremely happy with it. It was relatively easy to find, in a good location (quiet area). The room and bathroom were really clean (the shower was amazing!!) The breakfast (5euro per person) was good, a great variety of food - worth it! I would definitely go back to that hostel and recommend you do too!

For the most part the staff were very friendly, the one thing that disturbed me was that as I was checking in the manager was being rude to another customer who was having a complaint. The manage did not seem to want to address the issue and just interrupted and augued with the customer. It made me feel hesitant to check in. I did check in though and had a pleasant stay with no need to complain to the management.

Excellent location.

• 6th Jul 2015

Thank you for a fantastic stay your hostel is spotless, modern and the staff are friendly and helpful. WiFi is excellent , breakfast delicious and the location is perfect. We will definitely be back on the way home to Australia in s couple of months😀😀😀 Kerryn and Daniel Australia

Felt like a budget motel., but with eight people in a space built for two. Good location outside of the main tourist area, which I would recommend. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but worth eating.

The room was small, but that's to be expected. Breakfast was great.

The location was very nice almost all trumps go in front of it