Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

So far, the best hostel that I've been.i

Overall this was a great hostel. Especially for Amsterdam, it is considered very clean. Location is great if you don't mind the far walk from the train station but you are close to a grocery store, van ghoh museum, anne franks house, and the joordan district. My only complaint would be about the bike rental. I had a flat and another member of our groups breaks didn't work. Other then that, wonderful place to stay. Little expensive during summer season, but come fall prices - perfect!

I would recommend this hostel!!!

Nice place. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. A walking distance from the tram station.

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Israel

The beds were comfortable and set up is well thought out. For the money, it was a good value and given my experiences in other countries it was a pleasant surprise. Different members of the staff actually lied to or misled me twice on simple things like my reservation and the tram route. They could just tell me they don't know or refer me to a manager of some sort. Honestly, Airbnb is not that much more expensive and I might chose that in the future because there's more accountability.

One of the staff members has been very rude and I will never be back to that hostel.

• 20th Sep 2013

Keep in mind that you will have to take a tram to the city center (or walk for up to half an hour) but if you don't mind that then this hostel is a great choice. Museumplein in beautiful, the staff is very friendly and helpful (even when they didn't have to be, like at one point we spent half an hour talking to one of the hostel workers, I think he was one of the cleaning workers, and that was just a delight) The rooms were very clean, the private bathroom as well (8 bed room). Recommended.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Israel

Very clean and new hostel, across the street from the Van Gogh Museum. The Rijksmuseum and the supermarket is just some minutes walk away and so is Leidseplein, one of the nicest places to go out. The tram station is in front of the hostel so it's easy to get everywhere. The breakfast was very good and various for only 5€ extra. We really enjoyed our stay and will come back!

The first few nights there I stayed in the dorm. Their dorms are VERY overpriced for what you get. To make matters worse, I was in a room with a bunch of British partiers who would come in very late and would not shut up. There aren't really places for your bags either so it becomes difficult to walk around the room when it is full. My last night there I stayed in one of their private rooms. The privates were much better and were a good value.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hostel. The breakfast was 5 euros but it was definitely worth it. The atmosphere feels more like a hotel because they give you towels and soap but we really enjoyed it.

was the best hotel ever! love it!

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Guatemala

It was an average hostel. Very clean but not the best atmosphere. Nice if you would like a quiet place to stay, definitely not a place to meet people.

I only really used the hostel as a bed. The room was great, TV, nice bathroom, clean and the only downside was that it was a bit too warm at night. There were safe's available and had I needed one I'm sure I could have worked out how to use them. The hostel itself was very well located. I was actually with someone who was staying elsewhere so I can't really comment on the atmosphere of the hostel because I was rarely there. If you're looking for somewhere easy to stay I would recommend here.

This is the set up that every hostel should have! Individual night lights, individual chargers, towels provided and spacious rooms! A real treat when backpacking. Staff could be a little more helpful.

I had a good time. Everything was good but my bedclothes was smelling a damp

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Russia

The hostel was nice. It was just a little out of the way. It wasn't a big deal, I just like being a little closer to the city center. Great staff, rooms, and very good cleanliness. I really enjoyed my stay.

Van gogh hostel is close to a lot museums and easily accessible to trams. Its convenient to travel to other places from the hostel. Rooms were clean and maintained well for an hostel. In the hostel, you will get to meet a lot of people from different countries.

Very neat clean room with large bathroom and tv. Straight in front of the van gough museum, 2 mins from other museums. Very close to tram to get to red light district etc. staff were not so friendly, stood for 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged me (I was the only one waiting) but other than that good hostel . Would stay again :)

I wouldnt go back there, to put it in short. Not the best Hostel I visited. The Asian guy at the reception seemed really unfriendly. He was nice only to people with big bookings in single rooms. He offered a couple before me sightseeing info and when i came around he just put up a cold face. The people at the reception seemed poorly informed about how to get around the city or provide basic information brochures. The room was clean, the location is good if you into museums. A cool hostel it isnt

• 11th Sep 2013
  • India

Really nice hostel! The rooms are clean and had really nice bathrooms. The location is really good - right near Vondel Park and a short walk to cafes and restaurants.

• 11th Sep 2013