Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

was the best hotel ever! love it!

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Guatemala

It was an average hostel. Very clean but not the best atmosphere. Nice if you would like a quiet place to stay, definitely not a place to meet people.

I only really used the hostel as a bed. The room was great, TV, nice bathroom, clean and the only downside was that it was a bit too warm at night. There were safe's available and had I needed one I'm sure I could have worked out how to use them. The hostel itself was very well located. I was actually with someone who was staying elsewhere so I can't really comment on the atmosphere of the hostel because I was rarely there. If you're looking for somewhere easy to stay I would recommend here.

This is the set up that every hostel should have! Individual night lights, individual chargers, towels provided and spacious rooms! A real treat when backpacking. Staff could be a little more helpful.

I had a good time. Everything was good but my bedclothes was smelling a damp

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Russia

The hostel was nice. It was just a little out of the way. It wasn't a big deal, I just like being a little closer to the city center. Great staff, rooms, and very good cleanliness. I really enjoyed my stay.

Van gogh hostel is close to a lot museums and easily accessible to trams. Its convenient to travel to other places from the hostel. Rooms were clean and maintained well for an hostel. In the hostel, you will get to meet a lot of people from different countries.

Very neat clean room with large bathroom and tv. Straight in front of the van gough museum, 2 mins from other museums. Very close to tram to get to red light district etc. staff were not so friendly, stood for 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged me (I was the only one waiting) but other than that good hostel . Would stay again :)

I wouldnt go back there, to put it in short. Not the best Hostel I visited. The Asian guy at the reception seemed really unfriendly. He was nice only to people with big bookings in single rooms. He offered a couple before me sightseeing info and when i came around he just put up a cold face. The people at the reception seemed poorly informed about how to get around the city or provide basic information brochures. The room was clean, the location is good if you into museums. A cool hostel it isnt

• India

Really nice hostel! The rooms are clean and had really nice bathrooms. The location is really good - right near Vondel Park and a short walk to cafes and restaurants.

• 11th Sep 2013

Almost hotel like facilities, a beautiful ensuite and flat screen tv in my 4-bed dorm! Really friendly staff, clean and stylish, couldn't fault it!

• 11th Sep 2013

Staff was a little bit rough when we asked general questions, but it is compensated with the location and the facilities.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Mexico

Awesome to have great wifi access throughout the hostel. Wonderful location, walking distance from pretty much everything. Unfortunately they sometimes took your towel for washing but neglected to replace it until the next day. Wish there were more safe places for baggage, or just space in general, but that's just how hostels are.

Feels like a modern hotel room, very clean. The common area lacks charm, and feels more like a high school cafeteria. Could use more ambience, but that's a minor complaint. Also, breakfasts are not included, which I thought was a bit tacky. Overall, I would recommend this hostel, but next time, I will try to find one closer to the city center.

This is not the place to go if you are looking to party. On the other hand it is very quiet and clean. More similar to a hotel with hostel beds. A little out of the center, it is a bit of a walk to the main attractions, unless you are looking to go to the museums. They do offer bike rentals.

• 10th Sep 2013

The staff wasn't friendly. The Room for 6 was ok but small. We just stayed one night, that was fine but for a longer stay we wouldn't go there.

• 9th Sep 2013

This hostel was fantastic in all aspects except for the social one. Nobody really hangs around the hostel and I suppose because it is Amsterdam, for good reason. The hostel is well located to almost everything and the 2 tram stops within 200m of the hostel make for easy access. The bathrooms are by far the best aspect. New, modern and above all else clean. Good space and tvs in room in case you really need to.

The location is terrible. Its only convenience is being located close to the Museums. It is in between two schools so there are kids running around allllll the time. The staff is rude. The rooms are small and poorly laid out so they feel even smaller. Also they overbook them. I had an 8 bed mixed. It was actually a 9 bed. Its says youth hostel. Really its not a hostel at all. Its a hotel, and it doesnt matter what age you are. Terrible for meeting people. Very cold, unfriendly atmosphere.

Really close to everything, easy to get to and from central station, would stay here again.

Perfect location for the museums..to get to the RLD u need to tram..after 1230am only taxi or walk. The place is more like hotel. Not atmosphere at all and the staff is kind of rude specifically the asian looking guy.. Clean n brand new bathrooms..small safe box.. tram station at a doorstep. .