Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1941 Total Reviews

This is a nice and clean hostel with friendly staff.

A bit pricey but probably right for the location and quality of the place

I think you can improve the fridge for customers and to give water all day it is incredible that you put only one hat for all. About the people in reception there is only one guy (Asian), he is rude I was prepared because all the reviews I found say it, but it's unbelievable that you haven't done anything about it.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

staff very unfriendly people

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

My friend and I started our trip with Amsterdam and hotel Van Gogh...and have done 4 cities since. This was by far the best place we stayed at. Nice spacious beds and clean bathrooms with Nice showers. The staff was also quite helpful, showed us how to get where etc. And location is awesome I think. But there isn't anywhere you can't get to in Amdam by just hopping onto the tram. Also try their breakfast. Filling and nutritious and worth the 5euros. Would DEFINITELY stay here again

Good location and eaay to find. Had a great time. Definitely wanna go again.

Nice place. Very clean and well kept place. The only thing I could recommend would be a social space beyond just the breakfast room, something with sofas etc. But basically a very nice hostel.

• 15th Jul 2013

Don't be afraid of the location because it seems a bit far away from the center: it's in a really nice area near the two biggest museums in Amsterdam, and the whole city is really walkable/cycleable.

The Hostel is located near the museums, clean enough, the atmosphere is hotel's no hostel, and the staff is rude, they are angry all the time, only one guy,

Beautiful. Clean, and has a flat screen tv. Does not provide breakfast but you can buy it for 5 euros every morning.

Nice rooms, bit crowded but overall very clean. This is a hotel, not much atmosphere to meet other travellers. Staff was HORRIBLE. Extremely rude upon our arrival, not interested in helping you find your way or things of interest in the city. Our key card stopped working and when we took it down they said it belonged to another room and that we had stolen two keys to a different room! We didn't respond well to this and the manager just decided to ignore us instead of helping us. Staff is a joke.

Some staff were a little unfriendly compared to other places i have stayed

• 13th Jul 2013

Hostel for everyone who comes to Amsterdam for party, drink and smoke weed. No silence policy, walls and floors made from paper. you can hear when someone is coming to other room. Room door closes automatically with much noise. Smell of damp on corridors. Room wasn’t cleaned properly – dust on walls and floor under beads. In our room shower was broken, and during 5 days stay, room service didn’t see problems with it during cleaning. I definitely not recommend it to someone whoComesToDoSighseeing

good location, good wifi. great breakfast, good value for the money. desk staff however, as UNfriendly and UNhelpful as it can get.

The hostel is nice looking, in a good location and has pretty comfortable beds. Everything was clean on the surface but there were some stains in the bathroom and someone had dropped a piece of bread on the floor that had molded over by the time I arrived. Most of the staff were helpful although there was one very unfriendly guy working which kind of detracted from my overall opinion. No common area so it was hard to meet people and the hostel had zero atmosphere.

Loved the the location! First time in a hostel ever and it was a pleasant experience.

• 10th Jul 2013

Good hostel if you want a quite stay in Amsterdam, the rooms are incredible clean, staff were not that much of help both check-in and out. Not in so interested in talking with the guests

I booked a bed in a female dorm but they did Not have one and so they put me in a single room, which was nice. The location is really good, pretty close to the museumsplein. The breakfast is good and the atmosphere is more like in a hotel which is ok, but not for single travellers who wanna meet people. I found my bed horrible, way to soft, and did not have a good sleep. The stuff is unfriendly - all the receptionists i met seemed to be in a bad mood and did not really care about the guests.

The room was very nice and perfectly clean. It was a treat to have air conditioning in our room for once! The location was great: steps away from the Van Gogh museum, only a short distance from the Rike Museum and very close to tram station. About half an hour's walk from the train station/Red Light District. Safes in the room were a plus. One of the pricier hostels but worth it. Staff extremely unpleasant is only major drawback.

Great place to stay, bit out of the centre but easy to get in their (tram 2 or 5 to dam)! Rooms were clean and staff were helpful.