Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was situated in a good location with easy access to public transport, restaurants, bars and parks.

It even comes with a flat screen tv. Very close to the tram which will take you to Centraal Station and the main highlights of downtown. A few minutes walk from major museums (it is after all located in Museumplein)... The hostel has yellow bikes you can rent (or you can take the tram to the yellow bike shop). A lot of the people who stay there are friendly and young.

• 23rd Aug 2013

More hotel than hostel, so not much atmosphere. The location is good because it's away from the tourist insanity of the red light district and public transport there is easy. The room was nice and clean, but it wasn't worth the price we paid for it. The guy on the front desk had terrible customer service skills, the vending machine is expensive, and the wifi blocks 'dangerous' websites (for example, the Heineken Brewery - a beer from Holland AND a big tourist attraction in Amsterdam ... What?!).

This hostel was nice and clean, but definitely not the best suited for for solo travelers. Staff was just kind of okay - not really that friendly or helpful. Common area was the breakfast room, where most people just came to get some quiet time away from their rooms. Not my favorite, but also not the worse.

We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm, but it felt more like a hotel then a hostel.

Not really lacking in space you should invest in lockers or a larger luggage room for prior to check in, felt very unsafe.

Favourite hostel of my stay- more a hotel with hostel bedding. Staff were friendly and helpful in an emergency. Breakfast is great value for money. Good location away from the centre yet still providing easy access. Will stay again when I make a return to this beautiful city.

nice hostel... no real complaints... breakfast was very good... no cooking facilities or hang-out area... bedroom was nice and clean with private safes... maybe a little cramped but it is a hostel after all

A really nice hostel.. Bathrooms were clean and modern.. Beds were comfy and they even supply with towels. Will be going back there on our trip back to amdterdam

Everything was amazing there, it was so nice. Except in the morning we found it very difficult to shower, because I was in a room with 8 total people and everyone was trying to shower before the check out!

• 21st Aug 2013

Thi is more an hotel than an hostel. The best hostel I've stayed. I strongly recommend to everyone who wants to go to amsterdam. The location is good very close to amsterdam sign and everything is clean.

Rooms were modern like a hotel. Lacks any real common areas to relax, so meeting other travelers is limited to those in your rooms, probably suits groups better than individuals. Other main problem was the electronic lockers in the room, which I has continual troubles with trying to lock, and can be obnoxiously loud when opening and closing if people are sleeping. I would suggest going back to standard lockers with padlocks.

Excelent rooms and bathrooms and nice atmosphere but the staff was not very clever in treating customers. My friend's credit card payment was mistakenly canceled by the guy who checked us in and instead of apologising and asking us to pay again they blocked our roomkeys, told the guys at our room that we hadn't paid and that they shouldn't open the door for us! What are we? Thieves? The reception girl was sorry but that were managers orders.

Good for a couple of nights - pretty basic, not much atmosphere but peaceful and quiet if you prefer that. Staff were fairly unfriendly. Good location - would go back just because it's easy, clean, close to town and simple. For what you pay it's pretty good, just not particularly fun in terms of meeting new people etc. More of a hotel atmosphere

when first time i arrive, there are someone alreadly in my bed but they fix imediately. Clean and good service.

Reccomend

Perfect! Very frindly staff, kitchen, free tea, good location. Room was a little small. But in generally it was ok.

The hostel is close to Van Gogh museum and the room was clean but noisy. I am not happy with the reception guy because of his way of working.

this is the most luxurious hostel i hav ever stayed, it's worth the price but over my budget

Great location but terrible customer service. Didn't feel welcomed at all. The guy at the front desk was just interested in getting out and talking to his friend who came to visitl.

• 16th Aug 2013