Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1933 Total Reviews

Good place to stay, safes in your room, walking distance to sights. Heating turned up a liitle high but guess its different for everyone. Would recommend, but for us if we had more time or came back we would camp out of town, surrounding of town seemed really nice.

I was really surprised it was as great as it was. Thanks for a great stay!

• 30th Jun 2013

Very good location and friendly staff. I would definitely recommend the hostel to people.

• Japan

It is a really lovely hostel, but we did find the staff at reception a bit unhelpful. Room was great though and a nice place overall, really clean and in a good area.

• 30th Jun 2013

Pros: Clean and modern hotel/hostel in a very beautiful area of Amsterdam. The major museums are only a stone's throw away, and the city center is very easily accessible on foot. Excellent bus connections to the airport. The rooms were impeccably clean and the beds comfortable. Not too expensive either. Cons: The atmosphere was somewhat cold and sterile. Furthermore, there's a 5 euro extra charge if you want to eat breakfast at the hostel, which is rather unreasonable.

• Greece

No complaints. Would definitely return.

Absolutely recommend this hostel, great place to be!

It is a very clean, hotel-like hostel in a perfect location. That said it has zero hostel atmosphere. No real common spaces, no common kitchen, etc. Best for the older or professional staying at a hostel.

The location was excellent! Close to many tram lines from which you can access most of the city and just minutes to major museums. For 5 euros you can eat breakfast at the hostel. The rooms were clean and everyone got their own safe. However, the bathroom had no ventilation so there was a consistent odor and mold all over the ceiling. Also the shower would leak onto the bathroom floor so it could get pretty dirty. The system was a bit disorganized which lead to some confusion during check out.

Located two blocks from two tram lines. Very large grocery store 3 blocks away. Drug free area, has elementary schools within visual sight of hostel. Hotel quality bathroom toilet, sink and shower.

One of the cleanest hostels you'll stay in. Worth it. Book it.

This hostel was more like a hotel, fresh towels daily and a very nice ensuite! A definite recommendation for Amsterdam. A little bit out of the way from the centre but I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Awesome hostel! Clean, a million outlets, comfy beds, wifi, helpful staff, and for a reasonable amount of money . That's all I ask for and for some hostels this just isn't possible, but Van Gogh delivered. Thanks!

I only stayed one night, but I enjoyed the facilities.

Unfortunately not all rooms have a "van gogh gigantography" as it seems from all the photos and window had an opening that let air (and joint smell) come into the room, for the rest very good hotel.

The boss is horrible guy behind the desk, the rest of the staff is really nice. The beds are really horrible, dorms are small and have a tiny bathroom with no toilet apart. Breakfast is really good, wifi works good. Nice location to start your trip in amsterdam, but I prefer to pay 15 euro's extra for a room in the hotel next to it.

• Belgium

I really really loved the hostel Van Gogh. It was almost like a luxury hostel but not that expensive compared to other hostels. I would definitely recommend going there its like a mini hotel. The breakfast is also pretty good for the price and the people I met there were super friendly and nice, I really had a great time!

• 25th Jun 2013

Some safes (multiple) seemed to be having issues in the room I stayed (3rd floor). Other than that, the rest was great.

• South Korea

Great place, great time!

• 23rd Jun 2013

The staff were rude, my room and bathroom was dirty, over priced, unsocial. Woken up in the morning by noise from across the road. Overall the worst Hostel I've stayed in during my entire 4 months in Europe and the only time I've felt the need to review and warn people not to stay here!