Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice hostel in a really nice area of Amsterdam. It is a bit outside of city center and red light area but will be a much more comfortable stay. Easy walk or tram ride into city center. Also good location for uptown attractions. Good wifi and clean rooms/bathrooms. Definitely recommend for a more relaxing atmosphere.

Just next to the Van Gogh museum, Rijksmuseum and the famous 'Iamstredam', so I'd say it's well located (even though you have to walk for 15 minutes at least to reach the "real" centre of the city (where the bars and coffeeshops are located). Other than that everything was fine, the rooms were really clean and the shower/toilets as well. The only negative point is that you can't use the oven and the kitchen (so only a microwave is available). You can also use 2 computers for free !

standard commercial hotel. good wifi. i booked a bed in superior 8 bed ensuite, eventually got a 6 bed ensuite, which was a bonus. clean room but got stains on my linen. the elevator was out of service during my stay, i dunno how frequent it happened, but it caused inconvenience to me when i left my room on 4th floor with bulky luggage. and staff was not nice as well - they refused to sell stamps becoz i didnt buy postcards from them. nice wifi tho. it wasn't a pleasant stay.

I thought the hostel all in all is a great tip for people who want a more quiet place to stay which is also very near to the museums like van gogh and stedelijk. The area there is beautiful with a nicely arranged grass field for picknics or something like that. The red light district is reachable by foot but you gotta be prepared for a long walk. For the lazy once there is also a tram line to go around the city. The hostel itself is very clean and the personal is friendly.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Austria

This place was a hotel, not a hostel. It was fantastic. AC a large shower the most comfortable beds ever = heaven after 3 weeks in hostels all over Europe. It's in a nice area (the museum district) but it's a 15 minute walk to the closest "coffee shops" and bars, and a 30 minute walk to the heart of Amsterdam.

If the city is amazing, the hostel was nothing less.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Colombia

The location and the breakfast deal was good. Also the bathroom was new and modern but the sleeping room was old and worn. The bed was really small and the curtain and the window shelf took half of the bed size away. There were no towels at all in my room and the night staff wasn't able to help. Also I couldn't use the safe in my room as it was looked and no one came to open it. I wouldn't go there again as the sleeping room wasn't worth the money I spend their.

Pretty nice right next to the tram stop and it has beds in the rooms which is always good

A great location if you're a museum lover. But tad far away from city centre.

Great place to stay

Staff couldn't be bothered (at least the ones I dealt with). The (male) staff member I checked in with was extremely rude and didn't explain anything. Booked a bed in an 8 bed shared room, yet the room had 9 beds (and there were other people sleeping on the floor). I don't think the room/bathroom was cleaned once while I stayed there for 4 nights. It was the worst, and most expensive hostel I stayed in during my trip to Europe.

Nice and clean but not a great place for solo travelers.

• 31st Jul 2013

I found receptionists not too helpful, but for me the location & cleanliness is important. Van Gough definitely offers that. I will surely use the Hostel when I visit Amsterdam next.

Very good hostel the best of my trip. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm and felt very similar to a hotel. The location is a little far out but easy to find and a tram right outside takes you to the city center.

This hostel was a phenomenal place to stay. The location was amazing and the staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean, welcoming, and we felt very safe there as three travelling females. I would stay there again any day!!

• 30th Jul 2013

Nice place near the Van Gogh

I stayed in three different dorms in Amsterdam and this was by far the best one. Clean. You have your own plug and light by your bed and a security box. There aren't lockers big enough to fit your entire bag but there are lockers big enough to fit the important stuff.

The hostel is not so close to Red Light and the main streets at the center, but its very close to VondelPark, which its a beautiful park to visit, and also next to the Van Gogh museum! Its very clean and organized, but if you want partys and a young atmosphere this is not the place. I would recommend the hostel!

the best hostel i ever been. i slept very well and rested also. congratulations

• 29th Jul 2013