Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

the best hostel i ever been. i slept very well and rested also. congratulations

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

Great and clean.

Its a bit away from Liedseplien and doesn't have any common room to meet other travellers but the hostel is very clean and the staff is very friendly.

The hotel itself has only one small common room so it is not the place to go to meet people. However, we rented a private room and were very pleased with the comfort of the room, the cleanliness of the room (and especially the cleanliness of the bathroom), and also especially the fact that there was air conditioning. Lastly the hotel is in a good location of the city. One thing to note however is that its on a side street and so a bit hard to find.

This is a really great hostel. The bathrooms/beds were nice and clean. The atmosphere was cool

• 27th Jul 2013

very good place in fashion and museums district, recommend

Everything was perfect. Thank you all guys! Keep on doing your best :)) see you soon

Comfortable, clean and safe.

Best hostel I have stayed in so far. Rooms were air conditioned, very clean and staff at reception were so helpful! Definitely recommend to others :)

• 25th Jul 2013

Possibly the nicest hostel we stayed at. Beds made for you, towels supplied, shower gel supplied. All the little things that just make life easier when travelling. Was quite expensive but its Amsterdam and can't really expect anything else! Staff were rather unhelpful and even a bit moody to be honest. But you just give back what you get so we made no effort to be friendly either!

The check in staff was very rude to all customers, unbelievably so in fact. The cleaning and kitchen staff was nicer. Nice big shower int he room, although the shower nozzle was broken for the four days I was there, falling off while you were washing. Wi-fi in the rooms, two free access computers in the lobby, facility for leaving luggage before check in and after check out. Good location. Breakfast (costs 5 euros) was OK.

Nice hostel, more like a hotel really. But the staff are particularly rude & unhelpful which is a shame. Not just one of the staff but all of the 4 staff that we encountered. When we arrived I went to the reception and was abruptly cut off by the guy there who scowled and me and told me that check in was at 2pm - alrighty then! Also was questioned by another staff as to why would we pay for a bike tour when we could do a free 4hr walking tour... she looked at us like we were stupid.

Great location and easy to get to from the train station and airport. I had booked an all female room but there was a guy there? They apologized and offered me free breakfast but I was leaving prior to when breakfast was available. Other then that, decent place.

Very clean and comfortable. Located near to tram station and pretty good museums. Definitely recommend

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Turkey

An excellent hostel with one massive flaw: the staff. One man in particular proved to be extremely rude and unwelcoming. This is a real shame because in all other aspects, it really is a lovely place to stay.

I thought the hostel was very clean and organized and the rooms looked very nice. I even liked that they had an elevator, which made things a lot easier for me that stayed in a room on the 3rd floor. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked perfectly. The only thing I didn't like about my stay was the bathroom door that never locked, other than that nothing really bugged me at all.

Great hostel! Very clean and in a beautiful location.

• 22nd Jul 2013

The room was poorly ventilated (not ideal when the people you share the room with stink). It was very drab and lacked personality.

Very hotel-like. The rooms were amazing and clean with our own bathroom with a decent-sized shower. There is a common area, but it's not very conducive to meeting people. Luckily we met some cool people in our room, cause otherwise we wouldn't have had much fun. The staff is a bit cold and I was constantly hearing them talking about other guests. Location is good, easy to walk around. But I'd recommend staying in Leidseplein if you want easier access to the nightlife. Overall, good hostel!

Overall is a nice place to stay, easy to access everywhere you want to go.

• 21st Jul 2013