Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel was great! My friend and I got a private room that was very clean and spacious. It definitely surpassed our expectations for hostel living. The only downside was it was a bit far from some of the main parts of Amsterdam. However, we actually preferred that since it was quiet enough that we could actually sleep and near the Van Gogh museum!

JE RECOMMANCE CETTE AUBERGE . ELLE EST IDEALEMENT SITUEE ET L' ORGANISATION EST PARFAITE : PROPRETE,ACCUEIL,PETIT DEJEUNER ... BREF, NE PAS HESITER A S'Y RENDRE MERCI A TOUTE L EQUIPE

Lovely rooms and good wifi but the staff were super rude, unfriendly and very unhelpful.

Had an great time in Amsterdam and was lucky enough to have met such amazing people in our room. Hostel itself is well looked after and kept tidy, couldn't fault it. One of the best hostels I've stayed in on my 2&1/2 weeks of travelling around Europe.

增設廚房內器具和設施

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Macau

Auberge très bien située, dans un quartier calme à côté des musées. Les salles communes ainsi que les chambres sont propres et récentes. Le personnel est toujours disponible pour des questions. Les dortoirs sont bien sécurisés : il y a une carte pour rentrer, et on dispose d'un coffre fort à code (petit). Le bémol c'est qu'il n'y a pas de kitchenette comme indiqué, et que le petit déjeuner n'est pas inclus (5 euros à l'avance et 6,50 le jour même).

Mas que un hostel parece un hotel. No esta en pleno centro pero tiene transporte público cerca y toda la zona de museos y parques a un paso.

We booked an 8 bed dorm and there was a bed added :( everything else was good and buffet breakfast was pretty good

Excelente, muito bom mesmo. Melhor hostel que eu fiquei em toda a minha viagem. Muito organizado, localização boa, tudo muito limpo.

I met some nice people here as a solo traveler so it worked out really well.

Very nice hostel, and in a fantastic location.

Estuvo muy bien, solamente no deberia ser permitido el consumo de alimentos en los cuartos puesto que es bastante desagradable el olor, y el dia que llegamos el ascensor tenia basura. En todo caso el desayuno estuvo muy bueno y completo y el personal estuvo muy atento todo el tiempo.

Very nice hostel all round. Great location, nice furnishings - would recommend and stay again!

• 29th Jul 2015

Had an amazing stay at the Van Gogh. Most of the staff were friendly and gave great advice when needed. The room was great, even with the Nespresso machine that I didn't expect at all. That totally won me over. I'd bought my own shampoo/body wash but didn't need it as it was already provided. It's close to a lot of the museums although can be a little bit of a walk into the main part of the city. That didn't matter much though as you can get to the other side within 20 minutes. I recommend!!

Stayed there for 2 days. Except for the lack of help from the staff on some specific routes I had to take, I enjoyed my stay. Atmosphere was he same as any hotel, and except for the fact you are sharing a room with other people, it feels like a hotel anyway. Breakfast was not included and on the expansive side for me, but worth it. Bathroom was spotless clean and the room, although kind of crammed, was comfortable. I would recommend for those who seek the museums, not night life of Amsterdam

Es un hostel con calidad de hotel. Las instalaciones son modernas y confortables y esta muy bien ubicado.

Only stayed for one night but absolutely no atmosphere, everyone was solitary, even the people in our room didn't care to speak to us but if you just want somewhere clean to stay I'd recommend this place

Roupa da cama suja. Todos os dias dia mudavam a roupa da cama, a meu ver não era necessário.

The hostel was more like a hotel, which may suit some people. It was clean and tidy but lacking atmosphere. There was a small seating area downstairs but no bar, and only a fridge to serve as a kitchen. Rooms were very small which made getting ready a little awkward. We noticed two bunk beds in our room were right next to each other, so the two strangers on the bottom bunk were essentially sharing a double bed. Wifi only worked in the lobby, and the safes didn't fit bags in, but good location.

This hostel was great. We originally booked two nights in the dorm but closer to check in we realised that the first night we would like a private room which they changed with no dramas. Then we went to check in the next night in the dorms and they had upgraded us to a double room. Which was lovely. They kept our bags all day for us as we had a night train. Great location and very clean!

• 26th Jul 2015