Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amazing location, amazing staff. So much better then expected. Surpassed expectations would definitely stay again

• 3rd Dec 2015

Nice hotel. Close to the N197 bus - so it's super easy to get to and from the AMS airport.

I really enjoyed having the ensuite bathroom and having locks to each of the bedrooms. It was very clean and the accomidations were comfortable. Great job!

I've stayed here 2 times. I liked this hostel. When came first to Amsterdam we found this hostel and I was excited. That's why I decide to stay here in my second visit of Amsterdam. The prices are not expensive, so it's not a problem with money, I like it also because it's in the center of the city. Bathroom was clean, the beds also was pretty good. I really recommend this hostel to everyone :)

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Russia

Nice location and the rooms were very clean. Charging customers 5€ for not being out of the hostel by 11am seemed a little bit harsh to me, and the fact that there was only one bathroom to share between the 8 people in our bedroom was a bit of a problem as we had to wait for over 30 mins for our chance to use it and we badly wanted to go to sleep! Otherwise nice hostel.

• 29th Nov 2015

Great environment great staff nice breakfast to start off the day! Very nice down to earth staff, Desiree was very sweet

• 28th Nov 2015

All the receptionists were very friendly but the Asian Manager is totally unrespectful. He has bad manners and treates guests and staff in a very bad way. He should know that works in the service industry! I am not a sensitive person with those kind of people but I heard some other guests complainng about this.

A really great hostel for students traveling. It has a "hotel" type vibe where it provides towels and each room has its own personal bathroom. The 5 Euro buffet breakfast was a great addition for visitors as you didn't have to leave the facility for a filling, delicious meal! The staff was helpful, and printing was also available.

This Hostel was very nice. Facilities were very nice, the beds weren't creaky and everything was very clean. the nice showers were great after a cold day out in the city. The breakfast looked damn good but it wasn't free so I opted for pancakes out in town. The staff was helpful but not incredibly social. Great location. Not too far from anything if you go by bike and even by foot it is possible to see everything you want to see. I had a good time here.

More of a hotel than a hostel, no kitchen and not much of a common area. Located near the Van Gogh, Rijks, and Modern Art Museum; not far from Vondelpark; a bit out of the way from Central Amsterdam. The staff was friendly and informed. Rooms were cleanish- but a bit moldy.

I absolutely loved my stay!!!!

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • India

Perfect location if you do't mind an easy tram ride or walk into the centre (I walked everywhere!) and right outside the museums so I could get a good sleep and still not have to queue up for them in the morning. Nice bathrooms with amazing shower pressure haha. Thank you!

The hostel was in a good location as it was within a short walking distance to the main part of Amsterdam. The room we were given was on the first floor, yet despite this, it was quiet and we felt safe. We found the room itself very clean- we even enjoyed the coffee, although a couple of biscuits thrown in would have been nice! The staff were friendly and helpful, especially when we asked them how we could get to the airport as we had an early morning flight. Overall, a lovely place to stay!

• 19th Nov 2015

Loved the beds! Very comfortable.

Pretty good location, easy to get into the city with one tram. There's not really any atmosphere or places to hang out. There's a big eating area but no one chills there. Great breakfast but it's €6. Wifi was good too.

This hostel is right next to the museums, but a 15-20 minute walk from the city center. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and it was very crowded and there was barely any room for your things. The bathroom was a decent size though and it did seem pretty clean. The staff was not the most friendly and there isn't much of a social culture in the lobby/dining area.

I had a pleasant stay but unfortunately I wouldn't rush to stay here again. Positives: decent enough location, very modern, comfy bed and good shower, next to school and feels really secure. Negatives: wifi very slow at weekend, price far too high at weekend, one member of staff was just plain rude, nowhere to put belongings in room, mould growing underneath window, and little chance to create a sociable/fun atmosphere for solo travellers. Its better for groups. Glorified hostel.

The asian guy at the front desk was rude and abrasive. He then continued to be annoyed when I asked a simple tourist question. There was no atmosphere at all - no one hangs in the common area and there is no communal bar. The safes are only big enough to put key valuable in: passport, camera, wallet, etc. No way I was fitting my backpack in there! There was black mold growing on the wall and a constant draft of cool air. There needs to be a dehumidifier as well as a deep cleaning!

rude staff !!

Security is alright Location is good and easy to cycle from the hostel to the city centre The staff there may be not the best people to ask for help. The corridor is quite messy sometime and the room is very clean. The lift was not working during my stay, I had to bring my luggage down from the 3rd floor, but it was fine. I don't think guests have access to the kitchen, but not sure.

• 14th Nov 2015