Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

the mold in our bathroom was pretty gross. mind you, it was a great shower so I got over it but it covered most of the corner. The manager gave me a really hard time in the morning when I was asked about a cup of water or water fountain. everyone else was nice though.

Overall, my stay at the hostel was very good. You got lockers in the room, individual plugs and lights and nice beds and sheets. Rooms are cleaned everyday. Excellent location, walking distance for most sights and also very close to tram station. It is more like a hotel than a hostel so if you are more interest on parties you may prefer a party hostel. A little expansive but all Accommodations in Amsterdam seems to be like that. Excellent breakfast all you can eat for just 5 euros.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We loved that we got clean towel everyday. We also loved how big the bathroom was and the breakfast if we got up early enough for it. The only thing that could be better is maybe a chill out area for backpackers to mingle.

Nice place, easy to get around town, nice staff.

Great location to see the museums, decent bed and very clean No atmosphere.

Great location, facilities, clean, nice bedrooms, even the dorms. Excelent breakfest; a little expensive, like everything else in Amsterdam... Staff - so not sympathetic, didn't help at all with information to me as a tourist.

Would recommend hostel Van Gogh if you stay in Amsterdam. Access to trams outside of hostel, clean facilities. Modern rooms, Great bathrooms and good breakfast selection. No complaints.

Another 'hostel' with no kitchen. But still a lovely place to stay with really friendly staff.

Had little interaction with staff, so a little hard to rate them. But that aside, had a great stay, definitely the nicest and most modern hostel I have seen on my travels, I would recommend it!

the mixed room are too small for 8 people, can't even breath there. I paied for the breakfast and they didn't put my number on the list so I have to wait for them to check it...

great location, really loved the city wish I stayed longer. Had everything a hostel needs but no kitchen if you're thinking of cooking.

I thought this hostel was awesome, definitely a more high-end than a traditional hostel, it's more of a hostel-hotel hybrid. I agree with other reviewers that the community vibe was a little lacking, (I never went to the common area, mostly because it was pretty empty) but that's because the rooms are awesome! And luckily, if you have good roommates for your stay, you get to meet a bunch of awesome people that way too. Wifi is also good, for those who need to know!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Every thing at this hostel was good except for this stuck up angry asian guy who works at the front desk he's rude and angry all the time he must hate his job

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hostel is great, very clean, with good bed and bathroom. The street is quite, since no car allowed to enter it. I would just say that is no extra bathrroms and showers besides the ones inside the room. Thsi can be sometimes annoing when 3-4-5-8 people wake at the same time and everyone need to use the bath and the are no extras in the hall.

The place is amazing, yet I would rather have a locker rather than a safe.

This almost felt more line a hotel than a hostel. Not a particularly warm atmosphere, but they did have legit safes in the rooms, tv, and beds were already made and towels included, which was nice.

The staff is soooooooo friendly !!!! The woman at the front desk was the most kind person I've ever met ! As for the rooms, THEYRE EXACTLY LIKE HOTEL ROOMS! I would recommend this hostel to EVERYONE !!!

Absolutely terrific. The staff were so kind and helpful, and the room was stunning. It was meant to be a hostel room, but it was like a 4* hotel room. Best place to stay in Amsterdam!

I spent a week at this hostel back in August and thought it was way overpriced for what it offered. No breakfast, Wifi didn't work in rooms, and bizarre staff that yelled at me and made me switch beds because of their mistake. Black mold in bathroom and in room because there's no exhaust fan for the shower. Wouldn't recommend it if you want to make any friends.

Good clean hostel. Amazing showers. Good but expensive breakfast. Within walking distance to everything.