Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Make the manager a bit more happy

No kitchen area. just a microwave in case you were looking at cookiing. Breakfast in the hostel is a tad bit expensive but totally worth it for 6.5 euros. The facilities were great. its quiet in general. seemed more like a hotel converted into a hostel. Overall a great stay!

Stayed here for three night - all the staff I spoke to were really helpful, the location is great for what I wanted, pretty quiet but right near the museums. Everywhere is walkable or theres a tram stop across the road. Rooms had small safes to keep important belongings safe (cameras passports etc.) bed were clean, tidy and comfy :-)

• 27th Oct 2014

Wi fi didn't worry was slow in room

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

This is a great hostel. Single room was the best ever, bar not pretty but the beer, music and staff excellent. My favourite hostel in Europe - and I was only there one night!

Really great hostel, was nice to get away from the more rough and ready type of hostel. It's close enough to use the tram daily (roughly €5 day ticket) or get a taxi from Dam square (€9)

Very nice hostel in good walking-distance to most of the city-attractions. Nice and friendly English speaking staff and a clean hostel. Big breakfast buffet for 5 Euros. Computers with internet, fridge and coffemachine for use.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

It's convenient to take the tram to the hotel, but not quite close to the major sightseeing spots. Pay attention that it's a hotel, hostel is not its major living. So they are not quite experienced in catering backpackers. The breakfast is good but kind of expensive. Anyway, it can be a choice if you love Van Gogh a lot:)

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • China

Bathrooms were hotel standard, beds got made most days, really clean standard all over the building. Not much atmosphere but convenient location! (Can walk to the city centre, lots of shops near, tram stop right outside)

Decent ordinary hostel. Staff was good, a few rude ones or at least seemed that way. The breakfast advertised eggs and bacon, Prepaid for this for both days, niether day had eggs, 1 day had bacon. Dont be fooled. Rooms clean with good showers. Beds super close together, i was 3 inches from the guy next to me. Atmosphere here sucks if your looking for that. On my backpacking tour this is the worst of all the hostels I stayed. Wasn't even cheap. A good quiet location though. I would go elsewhere

Its a very good hostel! Its pretty much like a hotel. Everything there was nice and the staff were very helpful. Its located in a musume area,so you can find many museums nearby. Also you can take the tram to anywhere,which is very convenient.(Buy a day ticket,it helps save quite a lot of money)

This hostel was in a great location (in my opinion). Close enough walking distance to busses/trams to and from the airport or train station (not central station, but I didn't arrive or leave from there). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Didn't have a bar to socialize ad or kitchen to use (microwave though). Other than that the room was very clean and comfortable. Shower/bathroom was awesome and clean. Close to less touristy things which made everything cheaper. Overall fantastic place!

A little far frim the main drag and no lockers in the rooms but overall the hostel is pretty standard. Nice facilities, decent rooms, welcoming staff. Would recommend.

Nice hostel in a fantastic location. Modern bed- and bathrooms, though our bathroom never seemed to be properly cleaned- especially irratating as the shower always flooded the bathroom floor. I was disappointed that guests weren't allowed to access the kitchen, but the staff were generally polite and helpful, with the exception of the male manager at reception, who was really rude.

The Hostel Van Gogh was not bad for a weekend stay. It's clean, safe and in a really good location. However, this is not the place to stay if you're looking to meet other people or hang out with other travelers. The atmosphere was pretty much non-existent, which was unfortunate for my friend and me being young travelers hoping to meet others. As long as you're okay with it knowing that, it's a perfectly fine place to stay.

A great hostel to stay at during a weekend in Amsterdam. The place is calm and is located in a nice neighbourhood close to alot of museums and stuff. The room was like nice and modern but could used a bit more cleaning. Our balcony was filled with old stuff, for instance two big construction cones, a pair of old shoes and some random garbage. But all in all, a hostel that I think gives you value for the money!

Excellent Hotel... I slept in the 8 beds-room and I was pleasantly surprised about the confortable and clean and facilities of the room. I didn't need buy shampoo or towels or soap. Really good value for money. Also, the breakfast for 5 euros was quite good. Maybe the only thing to improve... the asiatic guy at the reception could be more friendly.

Beautiful area.... Not really a hostel. No common areas (good ones) no kitchen, not really catering to backpackers.

The location is good, the trem stop is just beside the hostel. The Van Gogh Museum is just across the street. The staff at front desk are pretty nice. The facility in the room is good. Generally this is quite a good hostel which I will definitely consider to stay again if I go to Amsterdam next time

Everything was good but I had to points and veryiimportant to be taken in consideration first of all I booked in a female room and I was surprised to see that we had a boy sleeping in our room. Second in the second day of my stay they didn't clean the room and didn't even put toilet paper in room :(.