Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Arrived on time for check in asked to wait some extra hours. Asked the receptionist/manager (Jay Zheng) about printing out some museum tickets got screamed upon for being stupid and not understanding simple Microsoft office (in Dutch) which was totally unacceptable, unprofessional and disrespectful. Who does talk to paying customers like that? That ruined the whole experience, never again will I ever return there. Person on the desk should defiantly be brought upon a closer inspection

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Estonia

Had a really nice little single room for myself at such a good price. I was only there for one night, just needed somewhere to have a good sleep. All museums are so close! Comfy bed and was so clean.

• 29th Jan 2015

Keep up the good value and comfortable prices

Great location, great facilities and friendly staff.

Private dorms are perfect for a friends holiday

• 25th Jan 2015

Great choice! Clean, secure and good Wifi.

We had a really nice weekend at Hotel Van Gogh. We stayed in a double room with own bathroom. Felt more like staying in a hotel than an Hostel!

Nice place to sleep, although not super special. Clean and comfortable, staff was lovely but not much atmosphere for making friends or hanging out. So not the best for solo travellers, but otherwise it's fine :)

• 19th Jan 2015

Staff seemed to have a problem with the group we were with. Weren't very friendly or co-operative. But nice hostel

• 19th Jan 2015

The hostel most look like a hotel with great staff and amazing localization near Rijksmusem and Vangogh but the breakfast was 6.5 euros per day and once u book the option for couple room they just put two single beds together that end up getting apart during the night and u end up falling in between!

Good location, good price and super clean. Just note it is not a social hostel, if it is what you're looking for.

Front desk staff was often uninterested or flat out rude. It's standard for backpackers to leave their luggage in the luggage room before check-in, but we were met with a rude "check-in isn't until 2:00" upon walking through the front door. When we replied that we were aware, but wanted to leave our bags he wasn't very helpful, and we had to ask a couple of times for directions to the luggage room. Facilities themselves are great, though more like a hotel than hostel. Good location, clean.

The hostel was labelled "Hotel" from the outside which was confusing and the directions provided on the booking by the hostel were not very thorough. Besides that the room and beds were comfortable with plenty of power points. Bathrooms were nice and clean and more like a hotel than a hostel. Not a lot of communal sitting space besides the eating area.

Good location, lovely room and friendly staff. Including one member in particular, young female with blonde hair? Who checked us in. She was very helpful and friendly and great at suggesting things for us to do.

A bit skeptical to begin with(atleast while we're trying to booking), but it turned out a pretty good deal.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • India

felt more like a hotel, very smart and excellent value for money

The hostel had great facilities and is very close to public transport and the museums. Well cleaned too. I wouldn't recommend for solo travellers wanting to meet people as the social area is more hotel-style. The breakfast is not worth the money, but there's a supermarket around the corner.

Clean and comfy beds with towels provided. More mirrors needed in the room with 6 girls! Bathroom modern, kept clean and a great shower. Good buffet breakfast for 5 euros extra. Right near the I Amsterdam sign, and can walk into town easy. Overall a good hostel and would stay again.

Very clean and nice facility. I wasn't aware though that being 54 years old excludes me from staying in the least expensive room, meaning 6 beds (with bunk beds). I was only told about that after I walked into the facility after a long transatlantic flight. I was informed that the info could have been find online (small print) and that I simply didn't read it. It was true. I didn't. I was checked in anyway but now I know I need to read the small print and probably pay for a more expensive place

• 6th Jan 2015

It was very clean and nice.Staff was very kind.There is an all you can buffet for 5 euros for the breakfast.It was very good.It is in a very good location,just near to Van Gogh Museum.I highly recommend this hostel.

• 4th Jan 2015