Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Front desk staff was often uninterested or flat out rude. It's standard for backpackers to leave their luggage in the luggage room before check-in, but we were met with a rude "check-in isn't until 2:00" upon walking through the front door. When we replied that we were aware, but wanted to leave our bags he wasn't very helpful, and we had to ask a couple of times for directions to the luggage room. Facilities themselves are great, though more like a hotel than hostel. Good location, clean.

El hostel, es en realidad un un Hotel, en el que a algunas piezas las hicieron compartidas!! por lo tanto tenés muy buenas instalaciones y comodidades y el desayuno es excelente, (aunque se paga aparte 6 euros vale la pena). Pero si querés un ambiente mas joven y divertido, como un tipico hostel, este no lo es, (mas alla que al dormir compartis dormitorio con mucha gente, me refiero a que no tenes espacios comunes de esparcimiento como en otros hostels)

Die Ausstattung des Hostels ist super! Es fühlt sich wie ein Hotelzimmer an, außer das 6 Betten im Zimmer stehen! Leider waren die Mitarbeiter sehr unfreundlich! just before I left, I asked if the receptionist could take an eye on my luggage which i just got out the luggage room because I wanted to use the toilet quickly. She saif "NOOO!" in such a rude way. I think the recptionist in gerneral were not very friendly.

• 14th Jan 2015

The hostel was labelled "Hotel" from the outside which was confusing and the directions provided on the booking by the hostel were not very thorough. Besides that the room and beds were comfortable with plenty of power points. Bathrooms were nice and clean and more like a hotel than a hostel. Not a lot of communal sitting space besides the eating area.

Veníamos preocupados por los comentarios que habíamos leído en la web sobre la limpieza y los ratones en los alojamientos baratos de Amsterdam. Este hotel cubrió nuestras expectativas, esto es, limpieza aceptable y lo mejor, no había ratones! Para destacar el desayuno. Vale la pena el costo adicional!

Good location, lovely room and friendly staff. Including one member in particular, young female with blonde hair? Who checked us in. She was very helpful and friendly and great at suggesting things for us to do.

A bit skeptical to begin with(atleast while we're trying to booking), but it turned out a pretty good deal.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • India

felt more like a hotel, very smart and excellent value for money

Cumple con las expectativas. La ubicación es muu buena y el hotel tiene buena relación precio-calidad. La crítica es a la atención y en mi caso la habitación era algo pequeña!

The hostel had great facilities and is very close to public transport and the museums. Well cleaned too. I wouldn't recommend for solo travellers wanting to meet people as the social area is more hotel-style. The breakfast is not worth the money, but there's a supermarket around the corner.

Clean and comfy beds with towels provided. More mirrors needed in the room with 6 girls! Bathroom modern, kept clean and a great shower. Good buffet breakfast for 5 euros extra. Right near the I Amsterdam sign, and can walk into town easy. Overall a good hostel and would stay again.

Very clean and nice facility. I wasn't aware though that being 54 years old excludes me from staying in the least expensive room, meaning 6 beds (with bunk beds). I was only told about that after I walked into the facility after a long transatlantic flight. I was informed that the info could have been find online (small print) and that I simply didn't read it. It was true. I didn't. I was checked in anyway but now I know I need to read the small print and probably pay for a more expensive place

• 6th Jan 2015

It was very clean and nice.Staff was very kind.There is an all you can buffet for 5 euros for the breakfast.It was very good.It is in a very good location,just near to Van Gogh Museum.I highly recommend this hostel.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

I've stayed in a triple room with private bathroom and what I can say is that is not an hostel room, is a 3/4* hotel room. Very clean, spacious and confortable! The bed is really amazing. The location is perfect! If you like to walk you can do all Amsterdam walking and the hostel is just in front of the Van Gogh Museum that is 1 minute walking from the Rijskmuseum that is really central. The atmosphere and facilities are really cool and completely worth it the value for money. Cool staff.

This was the most pristine hostel I've ever stayed in, in Europe - it was like a hotel! They give you fresh towels (for free!) every morning, and the place was immaculate. Cannot recommend this place enough - such great value for your money!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Esta bien ubicado, justo en frente del museo Van Gogh. Las habitaciones estan bien, parece mas un hotel, aunque al baño le faltaba ventilación. El desayuno aunque no esta incluido para ser buffet puedes comer muy bien.

o hostel é bem localizado e o quarto acomodou bem as 6 pessoas. a equipe é eficiente, mas não foi muito simpática.

The hostel has a excellent location and good facilities. The room is really good and spacious. Some things were not good, though. The hostel has no kitchen for guests. Even with the fridge and the microwave, there is no space for cooking, if you want to. The staff is not very frindly. I arrived in the afternoon with some friends and the receptionist did not give us a lot of attention and was not at all friendly.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Ha sido el mejor hostal que he estado durante mi viaje en Europa. Todo el personal muy buenas personas, en especial Raquel y la señorita de cabello pelirrojo corto. Me ha encantado el hotel. Lo rque comiendo ampliamente

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Mexico

everything was gut the hostel its clean and the location its good

• 1st Jan 2015