Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was a short tram ride away from Amsterdam Central station, their is a tram stop right outside the hostel. The hostel is also very close to the Van Gogh Museum and the 'I amsterdam' sign. The hostel itself is very clean and modern, the dorms are nice, we stayed in an 8 bed room so was very busy but still a good nights sleep. Has safety deposit boxes for your valuables. Wifi also very good! Breakfast is 5 euro but worth it.

Great hostel! Staff are super friendly!

Nice place to stay

The staff from the front desk and from the restaurant are a bit rude (with some exceptions). We were kind of disappointed with that. The rooms were not very clean. The breakfast was the best thing about our stay!

A clean hostel located right next to the Van Gogh meusum. The rooms were great, however the hallways were very smelly and annoying to navigate. Skip the breakfast there, the hot food runs out too fast and you end up paying 5 euro for cereal

Fantastic place! So happy we chose to stay here. Great location easy to go anywhere from downtown to vondelpark! Great choice!

• 19th Jul 2015

Everything about this place was great. It just like a hotel but with more beds obviously. Breakfast was worth the price, very good. The only knock on this place is it was a little far from downtown but there is still cool stuff around the hostel as well.

the hostel's price is high considering what you get. Breakfast costs an additional 5 euros. Should be included because of the high cost of staying there. Staff was very helpful. My roommates were disastrous, but that's not the hostel's fault however they should check how much of a mess their guests make because they made me uncomfortable since they made the room so dirty.

Disgusting facilities and not secure. Anyone could walk into the luggage room and take any bags they chose.

Very clean hostel in a central location. Beautiful rooms and an overall pleasant stay. Felt more like staying in a hotel though, rather than a hostel, and thus it was more difficult to meet fellow travelers to enjoy Amsterdam with

Very good. Far from Amsterdam downtown which is a good location for me. Near the Vondelpark. Easy tram ride to Albert Cuyp Market. Was a good stay for me.

Location is the best part. Outside of the canal ring in a quiet part of town. More of a hotel than a hostel, no common rooms. Not a great layout, 1 bathroom for an 8 bed dorm and no common bathroom. It's not great but it works fine.

enjoyed our stay

Soaps were not refilled. 10 e for laundry

Brilliant hostel, location is excellent, great facilities. Highly recommend it. Had a great stay

The hotel was fine for sleeping and all the basic stuff! The location is absolutely great! It couldn't be better. Perfect for visiting Amsterdam more cultural.

The staff were not friendly and I was given the wrong bed number. It was confusing as two of us had the same bed number. The receptionist didn't bother even to come upstairs and check inspite of me asking her to do so. And around 3 am, a girl woke me up and said its her bed and I had to find another empty bed. The next morning I mentioned this to receptionist and he didn't even bother to apologize. And this place is like a hotel, its impossible to meet fellow travelers.

Fantastic place to stay a short walk from the city centre and close to many attractions too. Staff are helpful and I paid extra for breakfast which as brilliant. Highly recommended!

Overall a great experience, clean rooms, good breakfast if you opt to purchase it. The only thing I have to say is maybe they could improve their signage. The sign says "hotel" instead of "hostel" and the bunks we were assigned to, although I found it easy to navigate, others did not. Someone put all of their belongings on my partners assigned bed and after leaving her a nice note about it we came back later to find her sleeping in my assigned bed. Everything else was very good !

The staff were very nice, helpful and understanding. I had one small problem with one of the staff members but that's all. They change your bedding every day and each bed has there own outlet and light. It was like staying in a hotel almost.

• 11th Jul 2015