Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent facilities, helpful staffs.

A 4 Star experience. Everyone was so helpful and gracious even giving directions or just smiling when I came down for breakfast. I would recommend the Hostel to anyone who was visiting Amsterdam.

This hostel is small without much community to speak of, as it's more like a budget hotel. Still, it is nestled in a great location, and the rooms are clean and well-furnished with towels for the bathrooms. I liked this place but I wouldn't go here with the intent to meet many new people.

Lovely room/bathroom, such a clean tidy hostel in a beautiful area right next to all of the museums. Perhaps the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 1st Jun 2014

The hostel was built as a hotel so every room has one single bathroom, this means if you are sharing a room with bunkbeds you may need to wait to use the bathroom on occasion. Besides that, really good place. Pretty modern.

Great and convenient place located most to museums and places of attraction in Amsterdam. If you are not to lazy to walk it is a walking distance to the city center and a great excuse to view and experience the city. The facilities are good and when I arrived the rooms were clean. Friendly staff and great breakfast. Overall I had a good experience and would positively recommend it to anyone.

Its a little bit far from central station but dun need to worry. Thr r two trams, 2 and 5 on the right side of central station. It takes 20mins. Facilities? Perfect!! Everything is really great!!! Room is also clean even though bathroom is also very very clean!!! So I could feel like I'm in my house :) other 5ppl in same room were quiet so they never interrupt my sleep. I didn't go to super market bcuz I was sick, but I heard thr is big super market near this hostel.

• 29th May 2014
  • South Korea

The stay was great :) Thank you for making it a nice place to return to after a long day of getting lost in Amsterdam :P It would be nice to have something to block the light switches in the dorm though; a few of us kept smacking the bed-lights on by accident while sleeping D:

The only drawback is there wasn't much of a party atmosphere, probably because of the dates we went to Amsterdam. Otherwise, great hostel in a great location with really helpful staff!

Expensive hostel, as I've heard all are in Amsterdam, but man do you get your money's worth! Probably one of the best sleeps I've had EVER. Thanks to the air conditioned rooms, comfy mattresses and plush duvets, I was able to sleep through the return of the 6 other guests in the room and enjoy the sites of Amsterdam by day, regardless of the everyone else's schedule. The bathroom flooded a bit but I can't complain about the shower or other facilities. The 5Euro breakfast is HIGHLY recommended.

This was an extremely nice hostel - I felt safe, comfortable, and clean. The man at the front desk was absolutely fabulous due to his friendliness and helpfulness.

• 23rd May 2014

It felt more like a hotel than a hostel--very nice facilities. Comfortable beds and a great large shower. Good location by Museumplein and close to Vondelpark. The staff weren't that nice. I like hostels when they feel more homey, and this definitely wasn't that. But it was a nice place to stay and a good value for the money. It just wasn't a place to meet people or hang out.

As a reviewer for 4- and 5-star hotels its amazing to see a budget hostel like this one deliver such high levels of service. The 5 euro breakfast is one that cannot be beaten. I have stayed in 5-star hotels that offer less of a quality breakfast at a much higher price. The chances that I will visit this hostel again is very great.

Aside from the very unfriendly staff I enjoyed my stay here especially my superior 6 bed female dorm so worth it for the extra comfort. Great to have a lift and location was perfect so very hard to fault this hostel except for the staff I did not find them particularly friendly but all in all great hostel.

Really great hostel. I would definatley stay there again.

• 16th May 2014

Terrible hostel!!! Disgusting!!! Very dirty!! That was not my first stay in Van Gogh Hotel and I really love it before but now its very dirty hotel with disgusting and rude stuff!! When I come my bed was dirty,with dust in towel an pillow and I asked to change my bed linen. Rude guy from reception desk told me that I should be happy that I had any linen at all. Next day another guy was rude with me when I politely ask some question! So, I'm very sad that wonderful hotel become hole!((

The breakfast was amazing, and the staff very helpful. Would stay again!

Looks more like a hotel. Really nice hostel and nice bathrooms. Clean and located within everything in city

Very comfortable hostel perfect for those looking for a quiet place to stay. The rooms are spacious, your bed is made each day and towels are provided. This gives it somewhat of a hotel feeling. Staff seem to be mainly foreigners. Breakfast is expensive but the supermarket is right around the corner which makes for a nice breakfast outside on the neighbouring museumplein. Recommendable.

The hostel is in a great location, however the hallway carpet was completely soaked through and one of our bed lights wasn't working. We went to reception to notify them that something was leaking and if the light could be replaced and they said yes but didn't seem particularly phased. The next day nothing was done, we told a different member of staff and they said someone would fix it but by the time we checked out the next day no one had fixed it. The price is way too much for what you get.