Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Perfect location if you do't mind an easy tram ride or walk into the centre (I walked everywhere!) and right outside the museums so I could get a good sleep and still not have to queue up for them in the morning. Nice bathrooms with amazing shower pressure haha. Thank you!

The hostel was in a good location as it was within a short walking distance to the main part of Amsterdam. The room we were given was on the first floor, yet despite this, it was quiet and we felt safe. We found the room itself very clean- we even enjoyed the coffee, although a couple of biscuits thrown in would have been nice! The staff were friendly and helpful, especially when we asked them how we could get to the airport as we had an early morning flight. Overall, a lovely place to stay!

• 19th Nov 2015

La posizione è ottima a 10 minuti dal centro!la stanza è un po piccola, non c e nessuna sedia dove poter poggiare qualcosa!e al 4 piano il Wi-Fi non prende benissimo!ma per il resto va molto bene lo consiglio per chi ha intenzione di dormire soltanto!

• 19th Nov 2015

Loved the beds! Very comfortable.

Pretty good location, easy to get into the city with one tram. There's not really any atmosphere or places to hang out. There's a big eating area but no one chills there. Great breakfast but it's €6. Wifi was good too.

This hostel is right next to the museums, but a 15-20 minute walk from the city center. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and it was very crowded and there was barely any room for your things. The bathroom was a decent size though and it did seem pretty clean. The staff was not the most friendly and there isn't much of a social culture in the lobby/dining area.

I had a pleasant stay but unfortunately I wouldn't rush to stay here again. Positives: decent enough location, very modern, comfy bed and good shower, next to school and feels really secure. Negatives: wifi very slow at weekend, price far too high at weekend, one member of staff was just plain rude, nowhere to put belongings in room, mould growing underneath window, and little chance to create a sociable/fun atmosphere for solo travellers. Its better for groups. Glorified hostel.

The asian guy at the front desk was rude and abrasive. He then continued to be annoyed when I asked a simple tourist question. There was no atmosphere at all - no one hangs in the common area and there is no communal bar. The safes are only big enough to put key valuable in: passport, camera, wallet, etc. No way I was fitting my backpack in there! There was black mold growing on the wall and a constant draft of cool air. There needs to be a dehumidifier as well as a deep cleaning!

rude staff !!

Security is alright Location is good and easy to cycle from the hostel to the city centre The staff there may be not the best people to ask for help. The corridor is quite messy sometime and the room is very clean. The lift was not working during my stay, I had to bring my luggage down from the 3rd floor, but it was fine. I don't think guests have access to the kitchen, but not sure.

• 14th Nov 2015

Really enjoyed our stay can't understand the price difference ordering that morning or the night before €1.50. Lighting in the room could be better!

Fiquei nos quartos compartilhados pra 8 pessoas, bastante espaçoso, banheiro limpo e excelente, nível de hotel caro, café da manhã pago, mas muito bem servido! Infelizmente não tem clima de hostel, localização perfeita, vizinho ao museu van gogh e ao rijksmuseum. Ponto negativo pra apenas 1 elevador e um koreano que aparenta ser o gerente que tá sempre no balcão, impaciente e antipático.

• 11th Nov 2015

The hostel has a great location, front desk staff weren't the most friendly ones and despite our dorm was clean every day, the toillet had a funny smell

• Portugal

Très bien placé ! Proche de tout les musées et à 20 minutes à pied du centre ville. Chambre et salle de bains propre. Salle pour se poser. Attention prévoir la Taxe non comprise.

• 11th Nov 2015

Everything about the hostel was really good! The best part was the localization, there are a lot of public transportation and a supermarket near there. Highly recommended.

The Van Gogh Hotel was quiet and cozy. It was located literally right next to the Van Gogh museum and the I Amsterdam sign. It was about 15 minutes by tram from central Amsterdam, which was fine. I was very happy with the hostel UNTIL my friend and I noticed HUGE patches of BLACK MOLD above our beds. I couldn't sleep well for the rest of the trip, I was too creeped out and paranoid about the mold. Also the sink in our bathroom leaked.

Great spot for the museums and vondelpark. a hike/tram trip to the center and red light. Clean, good beds. Breakfast is pretty good, 5 euro though.

Good facilities and clean but lacking atmosphere. It would be nice if breakfast was included as well.

Ótimo hostel, estilo hotel. Quarto bem equipado, com tomada em todas as camas, cofres individuais, repõem a toalha todo dia. Café da manhã bom, mas precisa comprar antes (6,5 na hora - 5 com antecedência). Esta localizado ao lado do letreiro iamstrdam, a uns 10 min andando do centro, mas é uma região super segura!

bij de rand van de douchecabine zou een ondkalkt mogen worden en de houder van de sproejer in kamer 212 is kapot. de rest w

• 4th Nov 2015