Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff were very nice, helpful and understanding. I had one small problem with one of the staff members but that's all. They change your bedding every day and each bed has there own outlet and light. It was like staying in a hotel almost.

• 11th Jul 2015

The best part about the hostel is the location. It's on a quiet street in the museum district and is walking distance to most areas of the city. The staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful, but they answered my questions when asked. The room was what I expected. Nice and clean. The bathroom was better than expected. Biggest issue is that my bed was the only one without an outlet and a reading light. My safe also didn't work. It would have been a pain if I were there longer.

• 11th Jul 2015

great place to stay if you need somewhere nice to recuperate - great beds, very clean, but super expensive, no sense of community. The girls at reception were cool, but didn't seem to have many suggestions for ways to get a feel for the city, and the guy i talked to at reception was rude and created an uncomfortable environment, which left a sour taste in my mouth

Amazing hostel! The facilities are great and the staff is terrific. It's one of the nicest hostels Ibe ever stayed in. The only complaint is that the location isn't directly in the heart of Amsterdam. It's by the Vondelpark and the museums, which is great in its own way. It was nice to go out to the bars and clubs and then head back to the quiet neighborhood where the hostel is located. It's also close to a great area with a lot of bars. I would definitely recommend the Van Gogh!

• 11th Jul 2015

El hostel está bien ubicado, se puede ir en transporte público o caminando a varias de las principales atracciones de la ciudad. El staff es muy profesional y servicial, quizás a uno de los jóvenes empleados del turno mañana le falte experiencia para tener un trato más amable. Asesoran bien sobre la ciudad y cómo moverse. Si pagás el desayuno con anticipación (con descuento) asegurate de ir porque sino perdés el dinero, y a las 11 levantan todo; ayudaría mayor flexibilidad sobre este punto.

Great location, close to everything only a 5 minute walk to restaurants, bars and cafes. Ensuite in the rooms and the atmosphere was okay but not great. Wifi wasn't great in our room but was fine downstairs.

Very close to tram stops and museums. Great place to stay

This was the first hostel we stayed at during our trip, and we were extremely happy with it. It was relatively easy to find, in a good location (quiet area). The room and bathroom were really clean (the shower was amazing!!) The breakfast (5euro per person) was good, a great variety of food - worth it! I would definitely go back to that hostel and recommend you do too!

For the most part the staff were very friendly, the one thing that disturbed me was that as I was checking in the manager was being rude to another customer who was having a complaint. The manage did not seem to want to address the issue and just interrupted and augued with the customer. It made me feel hesitant to check in. I did check in though and had a pleasant stay with no need to complain to the management.

Excellent location.

• 6th Jul 2015

Thank you for a fantastic stay your hostel is spotless, modern and the staff are friendly and helpful. WiFi is excellent , breakfast delicious and the location is perfect. We will definitely be back on the way home to Australia in s couple of months😀😀😀 Kerryn and Daniel Australia

Felt like a budget motel., but with eight people in a space built for two. Good location outside of the main tourist area, which I would recommend. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but worth eating.

The room was small, but that's to be expected. Breakfast was great.

The location was very nice almost all trumps go in front of it

Everything's nice

• 4th Jul 2015
  • China

Location is nice. Rooms are small, but nice. AC controls didn't work right, but the room stayed comfortable. Would stay again, very close to the trams, busses, and museums. (only blocks)

Wifi was unusable. Asides from that the hostel is very nice, feels more like a hotel as there is one attached to the hostel, which detracts from the atmosphere, but overall I would recommend.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So much better than expected. Room was clean and very nice. Better than some hotels I've stayed in.

• 29th Jun 2015

this hostel looks like a hotel, I stayed with other three people in a 4 bedroom dorm, it was awsome, good internet, good shower, televison. Everything was really nice. I would recommend it at 100%.

We stayed on the hotel side of the hostel so our accommodations were extra nice. Lovely rooms and great location if you don't want to be in the noise of the red light district