Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Terrible hostel!!! Disgusting!!! Very dirty!! That was not my first stay in Van Gogh Hotel and I really love it before but now its very dirty hotel with disgusting and rude stuff!! When I come my bed was dirty,with dust in towel an pillow and I asked to change my bed linen. Rude guy from reception desk told me that I should be happy that I had any linen at all. Next day another guy was rude with me when I politely ask some question! So, I'm very sad that wonderful hotel become hole!((

The breakfast was amazing, and the staff very helpful. Would stay again!

Looks more like a hotel. Really nice hostel and nice bathrooms. Clean and located within everything in city

Very comfortable hostel perfect for those looking for a quiet place to stay. The rooms are spacious, your bed is made each day and towels are provided. This gives it somewhat of a hotel feeling. Staff seem to be mainly foreigners. Breakfast is expensive but the supermarket is right around the corner which makes for a nice breakfast outside on the neighbouring museumplein. Recommendable.

The hostel is in a great location, however the hallway carpet was completely soaked through and one of our bed lights wasn't working. We went to reception to notify them that something was leaking and if the light could be replaced and they said yes but didn't seem particularly phased. The next day nothing was done, we told a different member of staff and they said someone would fix it but by the time we checked out the next day no one had fixed it. The price is way too much for what you get.

Good place if you're wanting to see the museums.

Not the worst hostel, but not the best. It's location was very good, but the staff were slow and not very receptive. On the second floor there was no Wifi, which I would have not really cared about except that when I brought it up to reception, they basically told me to deal with it - very rudely. One thing that was nice and convenient was that because we got in late, reception was open late for us.

Nice location for those interested in visiting some of Amsterdam's most popular museums. Felt very secure, nice safes in the room for your valuables and very little riff raff in the surrounding neighborhood.

The staff I met upon arrival was extremely unfriendly and left a really bad impression. Later on I was greeted by a much nicer staff. Location is great for visiting the main museums. I stayed in the 8 person dorm and the rooms were cleaned everyday. Extra 5 euros for breakfast. Don't expect it to be a place to meet people. Huge price boost during busy weekends.

Location is excellent, right by Museumplein. Breakfast was good and staff was helpful. Facilities were good in general. What I think that could make the hostel better would be having a laundry room, lockers inside the bedrooms (because those tiny vaults are good for nothing) and also allowing flash drives in the PCs so the guests can backup their photos or any data that they might have on their devices.

Very nice, very clean hostel. It's in Museuemplein which is close enough to most touristy spots but not in a place where you'd be disturbed by loud people. The breakfast wasn't necessarily worth the price, but that was the only downside.

Some members of the staff team are too antipathetic.

I had an amazing time! The staff was incredible!!

• 19th Apr 2014

The hostel was very clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful. One slight issue was with the ensuite dorm which when full (and as a solo traveller) meant quite a long wait at times to use the shower or toilet.

This hostel was my best.All facilities were good.Also its cheap in Amsterdam.I recommend it :)

The lady at the receptionist was very hospitable and fluent in several languages. Breakfast was good. The toilets needed to be cleaned and the trash emptied (both in the room and on the ground floor).

Great location, very clean, good value for money.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Good position, very cleaned hostel and so comfortable. The only problem it's the staff, helpfull but very unpleasant. I think that who works in this kind of structure has to have the smile during his working hours, first of all with your guests.

positive: location was good; could check in already at 11am instead of 2pm; breakfast was really good for only 5 € negative: towels in the bathroom were dirty (make up spots etc.) and even when pur room was cleaned the next day we got "new" dorty towels; tea cups in the room weren´t cleaned; the window in our room couldn´t be closed completely so cold air entered the room especially at night

• 15th Apr 2014

The staff members there are very much helpful and pretty nice! The wifi signal in the room we stayed at on the ground floor is so weak that the internet is hardly to be connected to.

• 14th Apr 2014