Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fantastic value for money in comparison with another nearby hostel we stayed in. Very clean and comfortable room.

Directly located in Museumsplein, couldn't be better for seeing some museums and a tram station is nearby. Free lockers in room for valuable objects & the WiFi conncection is good. Some receptionists seemed to be very uninterested. Unfortunately, the sheets and towels had spots and I found hairs in my bed, plus when you turned on the reading lamps you could see dust on the walls and some on the cupboard close to my pillow. Cleanliness could be better, aparat from that I'd stay there again.

If you're looking for a good location near some museums, this is an alright hotel/hostel. I was let down greatly. We got there at 8am, left our bags and walked around the city. When we got back, the asian guy behind the desk without any hesitation said "we don't have any rooms together so you'll have to split up, unless you want to sleep on an extra bed" (which is actually the couch in the rooms and was broken). For a backpacker looking for help seeing the city, the staff was not helpful at all.

this is what we have warned people when they book room " we cant promise people will be in same room if they book dorm beds" . We do our best to help people who has issue to sleep not in same room, few rooms we have couch, it was not broken, the couch was quite soft for large weight guy. it is not depends on you arrive early or later, it depends on the room type youu booked, if there is only 1 bed empty in each room, but u were 2. they u will be seperated.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »