Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very good hostel. I really enjoyed my stay in van gogh hostel. It is confotable, clean and very calm .. I give 9/10 to this hostel.

Great place, nice facilities. Internet crapped out a bunch of times, but there are free computers w internet near the front. Very expensive for a night in an 8-bedroom dorm, but seems to be the norm for Amsterdam summer weekends, unfortunately. South of downtown, but next to parks and great walking spots into downtown.

Good location right in the museum quarter, only about a 10 minute walk to get into the town. Definitely feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Bathroom was excellent. Unfortunately not a lot of community atmosphere, especially since I did not think the 6,50 breakfast was really worth it.

More like a hotel than a hostel. There isn't really much atmosphere to meet others. We met people in our room and got along, but there is no nice common area to relax in. The breakfast would be okay if it was free, but is disappointing to pay 5 euro per person for something really average. Rooms were comfortable and clean and location is perfect! Across the road from the Van Gogh museum and a 2 minute walk to eating district and city centre.

Located right in Musemplein, close to many restaurants and shops. It is also right next to a tram and bus stops. Stayed in an 8-dorm ensuite and it was very clean. Everyone had a small safe which was a plus. The bathroom was very clean and staff were superb. I would definitely stay here again!

excellent value for money

• 6th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

i think its a very nice Hostel if you´re planning to stay for a couple of days. Good location, 2 mins walk from the famous IAMSTERDAM and the Van Gogh Museum, and about 20, 25mins to the city centre, easily "walkable". The night staff are very cool, the day staff.. hmmm not so much! (but i wasnt there to make any friends so its fine). I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again on my next trip to Amsterdam :)

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Very clean, great breakfast for 5€, not much of a party scene, no bar unfortunately. Location was excellent, staff were professional and helpful but not overly personable. Location is excellent

Staff were so rude! Never recommending this place!

• 4th Jun 2014

Very clean hostile with awesome beds. Out of the way of the main city but close to several resteraunts. Only complaint is the showers were sometimes cold but overall great hostile !!

• 4th Jun 2014

Excellent facilities, helpful staffs.

A 4 Star experience. Everyone was so helpful and gracious even giving directions or just smiling when I came down for breakfast. I would recommend the Hostel to anyone who was visiting Amsterdam.

This hostel is small without much community to speak of, as it's more like a budget hotel. Still, it is nestled in a great location, and the rooms are clean and well-furnished with towels for the bathrooms. I liked this place but I wouldn't go here with the intent to meet many new people.

Lovely room/bathroom, such a clean tidy hostel in a beautiful area right next to all of the museums. Perhaps the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 1st Jun 2014

The hostel was built as a hotel so every room has one single bathroom, this means if you are sharing a room with bunkbeds you may need to wait to use the bathroom on occasion. Besides that, really good place. Pretty modern.

Great and convenient place located most to museums and places of attraction in Amsterdam. If you are not to lazy to walk it is a walking distance to the city center and a great excuse to view and experience the city. The facilities are good and when I arrived the rooms were clean. Friendly staff and great breakfast. Overall I had a good experience and would positively recommend it to anyone.

Its a little bit far from central station but dun need to worry. Thr r two trams, 2 and 5 on the right side of central station. It takes 20mins. Facilities? Perfect!! Everything is really great!!! Room is also clean even though bathroom is also very very clean!!! So I could feel like I'm in my house :) other 5ppl in same room were quiet so they never interrupt my sleep. I didn't go to super market bcuz I was sick, but I heard thr is big super market near this hostel.

• 29th May 2014
  • South Korea

The stay was great :) Thank you for making it a nice place to return to after a long day of getting lost in Amsterdam :P It would be nice to have something to block the light switches in the dorm though; a few of us kept smacking the bed-lights on by accident while sleeping D:

The only drawback is there wasn't much of a party atmosphere, probably because of the dates we went to Amsterdam. Otherwise, great hostel in a great location with really helpful staff!

Expensive hostel, as I've heard all are in Amsterdam, but man do you get your money's worth! Probably one of the best sleeps I've had EVER. Thanks to the air conditioned rooms, comfy mattresses and plush duvets, I was able to sleep through the return of the 6 other guests in the room and enjoy the sites of Amsterdam by day, regardless of the everyone else's schedule. The bathroom flooded a bit but I can't complain about the shower or other facilities. The 5Euro breakfast is HIGHLY recommended.