Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Booked a 4-bed room, got there and they told me my room was full and put me in an 8-bed dorm instead. Key card I was given didn't work and I had to wait in line again to get a new one. My bunk fell over when I tried to climb into it, no lockers in the room just small hotel safes so I couldn't lock my bag up, I didn't stay for my booking. I immediately booked a room at another nearby property and left.

• 12th Jun 2014

I really liked this hostel-- it was well located, really clean, and fun. The only negative I can add is about the staff. While most of the staff I had contact with were wonderful, helpful, and kind, we did have a few problems with a few of the staff members. I got overcharged (on 2 different cards) for a museum pass one staff member sold me, and the second staff member told me to "look less panicked" when I asked about it... as if I shouldn't be panicked that a big chunk of my money was gone!

The staff was extremely rude and would snap at you if you asked a question about anything. The beds were clean with a nice bathroom and we had a balcony. Nice place just with a horrible staff.

Very good hostel. I really enjoyed my stay in van gogh hostel. It is confotable, clean and very calm .. I give 9/10 to this hostel.

Great place, nice facilities. Internet crapped out a bunch of times, but there are free computers w internet near the front. Very expensive for a night in an 8-bedroom dorm, but seems to be the norm for Amsterdam summer weekends, unfortunately. South of downtown, but next to parks and great walking spots into downtown.

Good location right in the museum quarter, only about a 10 minute walk to get into the town. Definitely feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Bathroom was excellent. Unfortunately not a lot of community atmosphere, especially since I did not think the 6,50 breakfast was really worth it.

More like a hotel than a hostel. There isn't really much atmosphere to meet others. We met people in our room and got along, but there is no nice common area to relax in. The breakfast would be okay if it was free, but is disappointing to pay 5 euro per person for something really average. Rooms were comfortable and clean and location is perfect! Across the road from the Van Gogh museum and a 2 minute walk to eating district and city centre.

Located right in Musemplein, close to many restaurants and shops. It is also right next to a tram and bus stops. Stayed in an 8-dorm ensuite and it was very clean. Everyone had a small safe which was a plus. The bathroom was very clean and staff were superb. I would definitely stay here again!

excellent value for money

• 6th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

i think its a very nice Hostel if you´re planning to stay for a couple of days. Good location, 2 mins walk from the famous IAMSTERDAM and the Van Gogh Museum, and about 20, 25mins to the city centre, easily "walkable". The night staff are very cool, the day staff.. hmmm not so much! (but i wasnt there to make any friends so its fine). I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again on my next trip to Amsterdam :)

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Tout était bon rien a dir, le petit dej est riche et copieux, le personnel gentil et attentif, les chambre très propre, franchement tout était bon

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Algeria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very clean, great breakfast for 5€, not much of a party scene, no bar unfortunately. Location was excellent, staff were professional and helpful but not overly personable. Location is excellent

Staff were so rude! Never recommending this place!

• 4th Jun 2014

Very clean hostile with awesome beds. Out of the way of the main city but close to several resteraunts. Only complaint is the showers were sometimes cold but overall great hostile !!

• 4th Jun 2014

Todo excelente!

Excellent facilities, helpful staffs.

A 4 Star experience. Everyone was so helpful and gracious even giving directions or just smiling when I came down for breakfast. I would recommend the Hostel to anyone who was visiting Amsterdam.

Es caro, si tu presupuesto está limitado es mejor buscar otra opción. Si quieres un poco de lujo y calidad es tu opción si estás dispuesto a pagarlo.

This hostel is small without much community to speak of, as it's more like a budget hotel. Still, it is nestled in a great location, and the rooms are clean and well-furnished with towels for the bathrooms. I liked this place but I wouldn't go here with the intent to meet many new people.

Lovely room/bathroom, such a clean tidy hostel in a beautiful area right next to all of the museums. Perhaps the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 1st Jun 2014