Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The only drawback is there wasn't much of a party atmosphere, probably because of the dates we went to Amsterdam. Otherwise, great hostel in a great location with really helpful staff!

Expensive hostel, as I've heard all are in Amsterdam, but man do you get your money's worth! Probably one of the best sleeps I've had EVER. Thanks to the air conditioned rooms, comfy mattresses and plush duvets, I was able to sleep through the return of the 6 other guests in the room and enjoy the sites of Amsterdam by day, regardless of the everyone else's schedule. The bathroom flooded a bit but I can't complain about the shower or other facilities. The 5Euro breakfast is HIGHLY recommended.

El hotel no se encuentra situado en el centro, por lo que lleva minutos caminando, pero al ser una ciudad pequena hace que no sea un largo recorrido, lo bueno que el sector es quitado de bulla, tienes los museos alfrente y la senial de i amsterdam alfrente. Las habitaciones eran pequenias para 8 personas, no habia el suficiente espacio para dejar los bolsos. el bamio y la ducha estaban super bien!!! lo unico malo seria el tamanio de la habitacion

This was an extremely nice hostel - I felt safe, comfortable, and clean. The man at the front desk was absolutely fabulous due to his friendliness and helpfulness.

• 23rd May 2014

Quartos bastante modernos. Pequeno-almoço fantastico, vale a pena comer no hostel. Excelente localização, perto de tudo. Aconselho.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Portugal

部屋はコンパクトながらも清潔。 タオルも自動的に交換してくれ好印象! 立地は中心から少し離れてるが、トラムも本数多いし、周りが静かで過ごしやすい。 朝食は時間帯によっては少々混み合うが、パン・ハムの種類が豊富で、早く行くとフルーツまでも手に入る! 冷蔵庫があるのも、便利で有り難い! 部屋の電気をつけるのに、ルームキーが必要なので、その人が先にチェックアウトしようとすると電源が全て落ちてしまうのが残念…

La hostal fue excelente en todo sentido, lo único lamentable es tener que pagar el desayuno, que la verdad es muy bueno luego de pagarlo... La hostal es 100% excelente...

It felt more like a hotel than a hostel--very nice facilities. Comfortable beds and a great large shower. Good location by Museumplein and close to Vondelpark. The staff weren't that nice. I like hostels when they feel more homey, and this definitely wasn't that. But it was a nice place to stay and a good value for the money. It just wasn't a place to meet people or hang out.

Das Hotel bzw. Hostel liegt optimal zentral im Museumsviertel; von dort ist alles sehr gut zu erreichen, dennoch ist die Gegend sehr ruhig! Unser Zimmer war super; leider ließ sich der Ventilator, der sehr laut war, im Zimmer nicht abschalten, so dass man ab 6 Uhr morgens nicht mehr weiterschlafen konnte...nicht grade erholsam. Unbedingt Oropax mitnehmen.

• 21st May 2014

As a reviewer for 4- and 5-star hotels its amazing to see a budget hostel like this one deliver such high levels of service. The 5 euro breakfast is one that cannot be beaten. I have stayed in 5-star hotels that offer less of a quality breakfast at a much higher price. The chances that I will visit this hostel again is very great.

Aside from the very unfriendly staff I enjoyed my stay here especially my superior 6 bed female dorm so worth it for the extra comfort. Great to have a lift and location was perfect so very hard to fault this hostel except for the staff I did not find them particularly friendly but all in all great hostel.

Really great hostel. I would definatley stay there again.

• 16th May 2014

Terrible hostel!!! Disgusting!!! Very dirty!! That was not my first stay in Van Gogh Hotel and I really love it before but now its very dirty hotel with disgusting and rude stuff!! When I come my bed was dirty,with dust in towel an pillow and I asked to change my bed linen. Rude guy from reception desk told me that I should be happy that I had any linen at all. Next day another guy was rude with me when I politely ask some question! So, I'm very sad that wonderful hotel become hole!((

The breakfast was amazing, and the staff very helpful. Would stay again!

Looks more like a hotel. Really nice hostel and nice bathrooms. Clean and located within everything in city

Very comfortable hostel perfect for those looking for a quiet place to stay. The rooms are spacious, your bed is made each day and towels are provided. This gives it somewhat of a hotel feeling. Staff seem to be mainly foreigners. Breakfast is expensive but the supermarket is right around the corner which makes for a nice breakfast outside on the neighbouring museumplein. Recommendable.

Destaco la mala predisposición y la antipatía del Sr. Tailandés para explicar y para ayudar a las personas. Una pena, porque es muy mala onda.

The hostel is in a great location, however the hallway carpet was completely soaked through and one of our bed lights wasn't working. We went to reception to notify them that something was leaking and if the light could be replaced and they said yes but didn't seem particularly phased. The next day nothing was done, we told a different member of staff and they said someone would fix it but by the time we checked out the next day no one had fixed it. The price is way too much for what you get.

Good place if you're wanting to see the museums.

O Hostel é ótimo e voce ainda tem tratamento de hotel como toalha e sabonete inclusos. A localizacao eh otima. Em frente ao museu Van Gogh. Eu recomendo a todos.

• 6th May 2014