Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a great stay here. The only place we felt the hostel was lacking was in having a common space conducive to hanging out and meeting new people. The breakfast area didn't really feel like a place to hang out. Otherwise the hostel was very clean, we were glad to have safes in the room, and we were happy with the lack of a curfew.

• 17th Jun 2014

My stay at the hostel was very good. Location is a 5 min walk from the main "bars" in Amsterdam, and also close to museums. The breakfast was one of the better ones i have had in Europe, but the atmosphere in the hostel was lacking. There was a common room but lacked events or reasons to get ppl to go down there. Clean, rooms are big and bed are comfy!!

This was probably my favorite hostel to stay at during my time in Europe! Super clean facilities, comfy beds, big bathroom, plenty of outlets (w/ a full length mirror), free lockers, and quiet! Not only that, it's located in the museum district and is close to the main bus lines too.

Very clean and nice quality but lacked any atmosphere whatsoever. It is connected to a hotel and everyone really keeps to themselves. There is only a breakfast area to hang out or meet people in, and we found nobody was really interested in that. The location is good, right opposite the Van Gogh museum. We stayed in a 8 person dorm which was really small but the bathroom and beds were simple but nice. Also included brekkie for 6euro and was promised eggs and bacon, only to be told none left.

Hotel Van Gogh is in an excellent area right opposite the museum and a 2 minute walk from the Rijksmuseum. However if you're not into museums and culture, its still only around a 15 minute walk from the city centre area. The rooms were spacious and clean and the Van Gogh painting on the walls gave it an arty vibe - not to mention the beds which were super comfy! However, the staff seemed slightly disinterested but that shouldn't be a reason not to book. Overall, almost to good to be true!

It's easy to get any where from the hostel . I enjoyed my stay there

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

WiFi was good, bathroom got wet easily, no lockers only safes, bed was comfy, light and charger by the bed. lift and stairs too small. room was a bit crapped. No computers, t.v in the common area was showing world cup games

A fantastic location right by the museumsplein - would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Booked a 4-bed room, got there and they told me my room was full and put me in an 8-bed dorm instead. Key card I was given didn't work and I had to wait in line again to get a new one. My bunk fell over when I tried to climb into it, no lockers in the room just small hotel safes so I couldn't lock my bag up, I didn't stay for my booking. I immediately booked a room at another nearby property and left.

• 12th Jun 2014

I really liked this hostel-- it was well located, really clean, and fun. The only negative I can add is about the staff. While most of the staff I had contact with were wonderful, helpful, and kind, we did have a few problems with a few of the staff members. I got overcharged (on 2 different cards) for a museum pass one staff member sold me, and the second staff member told me to "look less panicked" when I asked about it... as if I shouldn't be panicked that a big chunk of my money was gone!

The staff was extremely rude and would snap at you if you asked a question about anything. The beds were clean with a nice bathroom and we had a balcony. Nice place just with a horrible staff.

Very good hostel. I really enjoyed my stay in van gogh hostel. It is confotable, clean and very calm .. I give 9/10 to this hostel.

Great place, nice facilities. Internet crapped out a bunch of times, but there are free computers w internet near the front. Very expensive for a night in an 8-bedroom dorm, but seems to be the norm for Amsterdam summer weekends, unfortunately. South of downtown, but next to parks and great walking spots into downtown.

Good location right in the museum quarter, only about a 10 minute walk to get into the town. Definitely feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Bathroom was excellent. Unfortunately not a lot of community atmosphere, especially since I did not think the 6,50 breakfast was really worth it.

More like a hotel than a hostel. There isn't really much atmosphere to meet others. We met people in our room and got along, but there is no nice common area to relax in. The breakfast would be okay if it was free, but is disappointing to pay 5 euro per person for something really average. Rooms were comfortable and clean and location is perfect! Across the road from the Van Gogh museum and a 2 minute walk to eating district and city centre.

Located right in Musemplein, close to many restaurants and shops. It is also right next to a tram and bus stops. Stayed in an 8-dorm ensuite and it was very clean. Everyone had a small safe which was a plus. The bathroom was very clean and staff were superb. I would definitely stay here again!

excellent value for money

• 6th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

i think its a very nice Hostel if you´re planning to stay for a couple of days. Good location, 2 mins walk from the famous IAMSTERDAM and the Van Gogh Museum, and about 20, 25mins to the city centre, easily "walkable". The night staff are very cool, the day staff.. hmmm not so much! (but i wasnt there to make any friends so its fine). I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again on my next trip to Amsterdam :)

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Tout était bon rien a dir, le petit dej est riche et copieux, le personnel gentil et attentif, les chambre très propre, franchement tout était bon

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Algeria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very clean, great breakfast for 5€, not much of a party scene, no bar unfortunately. Location was excellent, staff were professional and helpful but not overly personable. Location is excellent