Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We loved Hostel Van Gogh! Would definitely stay again.

The best hostel I stayed in so far. Very clean bathrooms, they give you soap and a towel. The beds are nice and comfortable. Breakfast is really good and worth the 5€

Personnel à l'accueil détestable.. Pas chaleureux, pas comprêhenssif et pas disponible. Pour le reste très bon hostel il faut juste éviter le personnel..

• 26th Feb 2015

The Chinese reception staff is impolite and totallu not helpful at all without any smile!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

We opted for the private room and it was WELL WORTH our money. It was a fancy hotel room for a hostel price so we were blown away. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and we very much enjoyed our large window and door access to a back patio. The only complaint we had was that check-in online was said to be Noon but a VERY RUDE concierge did not allow us to check-in until 2 or store our bags in the meantime. This man was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered in my travels.

• 24th Feb 2015

The best thing about the hostel is the location. It's extremely easy to get around using the 2 and 5 lines. I wish there was more common space in the hostel. Yes there is a "dining area", but it's not a great place to meet other travelers. Overall, my experience was good, except for the manager. He isn't very friendly and always sounds like he is talking down to people. He is the only reason why I would consider not going back.

• 24th Feb 2015

O elevador não estava funcionando e subir varios lances naquela escada estreita, carregando duas malas grandes foi horrivel. O wifi não funcionava direito no quarto. Achei que o café da manhã estava incluso e cheguei lá e era pago. Era muito bom, mas achei que estivesse incluso. Não achei os funcionários da recepção prestativos

The room was clean. The hostel is very close to the museums however one needs to walk or take tram to the coffeeshops and restaurants.

Hostel com cara de Hostel, muito bem localizado e super perto dos principais museus.

Great price for a Sunday night in Amsterdam. I felt like I was staying in a hotel, but the rooms had bunk beds. The bathroom was gorgeous and the breakfast (not free) was delicious. Right across the street from the Van Gogh museum, and very close to the main square, it's in a great location. It was very quiet, not really a hostel where people can hang out in groups bigger than a couple, so if you're looking for something more lively, I'd look elsewhere.

The room was huge and the bathroom was average with hot water and good water pressure! WiFi worked well. Safe in room and a spacious closet. Was a 3 bed room. Had water kettle for tea or other hot drinks! The staff was very friendly and helpful in day late night they were a little rough! Several modes of transportation nearby as well as museums, designer boutiques, casino and bars. No groceries stores nearby. The #197 from airport stopped one block away! 10 euros for round trip ticket!

• 20th Feb 2015

excelente hostel, excepto por la ubicacion, un poco retirado del centro ,aun que justo en frente del museo, todo excelente aun que el desayuno es por 5 euros mas, sería mejor que no lo cobraran :P

Wanneer het regende, lekte er water door het raam in de kamer.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

A really nice clean hostel near some really nice museums and leidsplein which is a cool night life area. There aren't any lockers in the rooms for your luggage but there are nice keypad lockers for your valuables at least. The staff kept the room spotless for us, and I met some cool people in my room.

Hôtel très bien situé et propre. Le personnel n'est pas très accueillant mais reste correct.

• 18th Feb 2015

Hotel was very clean, however one of the staff who was on the desk as we arrived was very rude!

• 17th Feb 2015

A great hostel in a great location. The man at the desk is very rude and sets an unwelcoming vibe, but apart from that good value for money

• 16th Feb 2015

Melhor Hostel que já fiquei em relação ao conforto. Quarto espaçoso,limpo,banheiro e chuveiro sem igual. Porem o atendimento na recepção foi péssimo. Um dos funcionários além de porco,escarrando enquanto nos atendia,foi totalmente indiferente. Permitiu o check in de todos que ali chegaram depois da gente antes mesmo das 14h. Enquanto que nós tivemos de esperar das 7h as 14h.

방이 좁습니다. 개인 락커룸 공간이 작구요. 대신 샤워실이 깨끗합니다. 수건은 매일 지급됩니다. 조식이 5유로지만 괜찮게 나옵니다. 와이파이는 로비보다 방안에서 잘터집니다.

The hostel is very nice. But there is somethings that need be better. I stayed in the bedroom 208 and some beds didin't have identification. So, in my last night when i entered in the bedroom there was a person on my bed. The sink in the bathroom was blocked, but they fixed quickly. And at night don't have staff just the security.