Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location and cool clean rooms! just by THE IAMSTERDAM sign

Clean hostel, good location however staff didn't seem to friendly and not really any space to socialise

• 11th Aug 2015

The hostel is like a hotel. The rooms were very clean, the towels are changed, and bathrooms are cleaned daily. Don't be fooled by the hallway and very tiny elevator, it was a great place. If u want to stay closer to the museums it is in a great area, nice place to sit and relax. It did not have a hostel atmosphere and the staff were polite but did not make many suggestions or recommendations so have your travel aps ready. Outside of that I loved the place and would totally recommend it.

Great rooms. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Easy access to the museums, trams near by to go to the city centre. I would recommend a stay here.

• 10th Aug 2015

The room was lovely, as were the facilities however the customer service at the front desk was disgraceful. The lady was rude and we ended up waiting over an hour to get in to our room when she had told us it was going to be 10 minutes.

Located on a quiet street near lots of museums but a bit of a walk from the centre. Room was fine but occupied by very noisy teenagers. The hostel caters more to the younger age group. A simple breakfast was fine. 8 bed female dorm had an ensuite. Rooms had small lockers with a number code. Small fridge for personal use. Staff were fine. Luggage can be stored for free.

We were lucky with our stay in this hostel as we had a really good group of people in our room! The staff were friendly and helpful especially one of the male members as he stood outside when we got lost arriving at the hostel late at night. However, when we asked if we could store our luggage in the room all we received was a look and our bags were thrown into the room. But that was only a minor detail as the stay was really good and we would definitely return! The location was a bonus.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel was great! My friend and I got a private room that was very clean and spacious. It definitely surpassed our expectations for hostel living. The only downside was it was a bit far from some of the main parts of Amsterdam. However, we actually preferred that since it was quiet enough that we could actually sleep and near the Van Gogh museum!

Lovely rooms and good wifi but the staff were super rude, unfriendly and very unhelpful.

Had an great time in Amsterdam and was lucky enough to have met such amazing people in our room. Hostel itself is well looked after and kept tidy, couldn't fault it. One of the best hostels I've stayed in on my 2&1/2 weeks of travelling around Europe.

We booked an 8 bed dorm and there was a bed added :( everything else was good and buffet breakfast was pretty good

I met some nice people here as a solo traveler so it worked out really well.

Very nice hostel, and in a fantastic location.

Very nice hostel all round. Great location, nice furnishings - would recommend and stay again!

• 29th Jul 2015

Had an amazing stay at the Van Gogh. Most of the staff were friendly and gave great advice when needed. The room was great, even with the Nespresso machine that I didn't expect at all. That totally won me over. I'd bought my own shampoo/body wash but didn't need it as it was already provided. It's close to a lot of the museums although can be a little bit of a walk into the main part of the city. That didn't matter much though as you can get to the other side within 20 minutes. I recommend!!

Stayed there for 2 days. Except for the lack of help from the staff on some specific routes I had to take, I enjoyed my stay. Atmosphere was he same as any hotel, and except for the fact you are sharing a room with other people, it feels like a hotel anyway. Breakfast was not included and on the expansive side for me, but worth it. Bathroom was spotless clean and the room, although kind of crammed, was comfortable. I would recommend for those who seek the museums, not night life of Amsterdam

Only stayed for one night but absolutely no atmosphere, everyone was solitary, even the people in our room didn't care to speak to us but if you just want somewhere clean to stay I'd recommend this place

The hostel was more like a hotel, which may suit some people. It was clean and tidy but lacking atmosphere. There was a small seating area downstairs but no bar, and only a fridge to serve as a kitchen. Rooms were very small which made getting ready a little awkward. We noticed two bunk beds in our room were right next to each other, so the two strangers on the bottom bunk were essentially sharing a double bed. Wifi only worked in the lobby, and the safes didn't fit bags in, but good location.

This hostel was great. We originally booked two nights in the dorm but closer to check in we realised that the first night we would like a private room which they changed with no dramas. Then we went to check in the next night in the dorms and they had upgraded us to a double room. Which was lovely. They kept our bags all day for us as we had a night train. Great location and very clean!

Really clean rooms and comfy beds with TV which is nice. Not a great social atmosphere though as no common room as such or bar or kitchen that guests can use. no place to party or meet people.