Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1938 Total Reviews

Perfect! Very frindly staff, kitchen, free tea, good location. Room was a little small. But in generally it was ok.

The hostel is close to Van Gogh museum and the room was clean but noisy. I am not happy with the reception guy because of his way of working.

this is the most luxurious hostel i hav ever stayed, it's worth the price but over my budget

Great location but terrible customer service. Didn't feel welcomed at all. The guy at the front desk was just interested in getting out and talking to his friend who came to visitl.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Malaysia

Clean, friendly, good location, but very bar wi-fi connection!

the male staff was so gay and arrogant lol too expensive, its not worth the money.

The hostel is very nice. Well located near the Van Gogh museum. Clean and with a great atmosphere. The breakfast for 5€ is good and a great choise. The problem... is the staff. When I arrive there was a man is the reception that never smilled at me. Neither did he look at me when I was making the check-in. For first impression of the hospitality, it is very very poor. Even we I asked him for directions (because I didn't know the city), he answered me with coldness and indifference.

Great hostel but service is poor. Staffs are pretty unfriendly to guests. When asked questions, they tend to be rude about it or the answers were uncleared. Hostel is great. clean and great location.

This place is amazing! Staff is educated and happy to help. Clean would be an understatement. Mattresses were comfortable. Very close to all the museums and not too far of a walk from everything. Caution...Watch your step walking down the stairwell I seen a few people tumble but there is an elevator available for convenience. Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in and will highly recommend it.

We had a lovely room with our own bathroom and really comfy beds so that was nice after touring for a month. Not really a social hostel as we didnt meet any other travelers. Great location right near the main clubbing district. Highly recommended if you have a bit of cash to splash but it's not the cheapest hostel.

• 15th Aug 2013

The hostel facilities are great. Cleanliness is good. Some employees very friendly and helpful, others quite obnoxious.

Very nice hostel in a beautiful part of the city, close to many museums. A great place to go walking from to explore the city but also very close to main bus/tram lines. Only thing is that there's no kitchen to make your own food.

Very bad atmosphere! Staff he's bad attitude, was in a room with 6 beds 4 guys came back at 3am woke the whole room up and was drunk ,when told the front desk they did nothing.i he'd to spend the rest of the night in the lobby.hotel is far from main district. Bathroom was dirty and the lobby seats are nasty! Don't stay there ever !

Location is awesome, literally just off of the tram, opposite the Van Gogh museum. It took no time at all to get from Centraal Station to here and there are lots of convenient services nearby, to say nothing of attractions. My room was simply beautiful. Extremely clean, modern washroom with marble or marble-like tile, very comfortable beds and linens, and plenty of large, luxurious towels. An extra 5€ for breakfast was very well worth it. My first stay of my European trip may be the best!

Clean, but unfriendly.

• 11th Aug 2013

For someone who's a fan of art museum such as Van Gogh museum, and also interested in Concertgebouw, this is the place for you. The staff was quite friendly, unlike many of comments I read here, facilities are great. Although it wasn't so cheap, I would be willing to stay here again, later. The only problem was its location, which isn't so close to center of old city if you are going to look around there by feet like I did.

• 11th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Really good hostel! Right by the main museums in Amsterdam and although it's not right in the city centre, its close enough you're there to party.

Incredibly clean, nice facilities, excellent location, great people. Best hostel experience so far!

Very nice hostel close enough to town but away from all the noise, lockers provided for everyone at no additional cost, this was my 2nd stay at the hostel and I will most likely return next year!

• 8th Aug 2013

too bad... we were on the 4th floor and lift was out of order... I was missing a cosy place to lay on sofa....and meet some other people. breakfast is good value for money.