Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

Van de Veldestraat 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

DO NOT STAY HERE!! My belongings were stolen. Even though I complained to the staff 16 hours before leave the hotel they did nothing. Particularly a chinese man (who is supposed to be the manager) was completely impolite by telling me: "We are not responsible if your belongings were stolen, We have no camaras recording the rooms and I won't refund you any money". I am totally disappointed with the service. I asked for the terms and conditions of the hostel's service and that nobody could show me

We, a party of four, booked a four-person private room. We were given a six-person room instead, but we still had it all to ourselves, so that was just fine. The location of the hostel was very convenient, since we wanted to see the van gogh museum and it was right across the street, and the price was not bad for Amsterdam (lodging in Amsterdam is a bit expensive in general, I would say). The room was quiet and clean, and the en suite bathroom was nice. A very good single-night stay.

El hostal esta super lindo, parece un hotel. Muy buena ubicacion y buena atencion. Esta en frente el Museo de Van Gogh y tiene dos estaciones del tramvia muy cerca. El desayuno es excelete. Todo me parecio perfecto.

Breakfast not worth 5€, but guest fridge and microwave mean you can make your own. Close to major attractions, walking distance to everything.

This hostel did feel more like a hotel, but that definitely wasn't all bad! The rooms were very clean and modern, had a TV, and the bathrooms and showers were great. Not much atmosphere at the hostel due to not having a bar, but there was still an area to sit downstairs. One of the cheaper places in amsterdam and we were very happy with it.

C'est plus un hôtel qu'une auberge de jeunesse. Nous sommes partis en couple pour 2 nuits, nous avons eu une superbe chambre avec tout inclus, serviettes, sèche cheveux, gel douche. Le petit déjeuner est aussi diversifié et excellent. L'emplacement est idéal, juste a côté du centre ville! Allez y les yeux fermés !

• 10th Aug 2014

Excelentes instalaciones, baño, limpieza, personal, buen wifi, muy recomendable y un excelente precio (en comparación con los demás hostales de Amsterdam, ya que esta de por si es una ciudad cara para alojarse.).

Super friendly and dedicated staff. Asked a German girl who was working at the reception for good places to eat as a local and had the best grilled burger in a long time. Everything was clean and we had a full bathroom in the 8 bed shared room. Location is pretty good too, around 10 minutes walking to a couple of rent-a-bike places.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Half-basement room, very expensive. 460€ for father 2 sons, 3 nights, breakfast not incl. Right next to floor entrance; whenever floor door swung back, our door gave a shattering noise throughout the night. Right outside the window people were talking all night long. Worst thing was black fungi in the ceiling of both the room and the bathroom (photos were made). So even considering it's Amsterdam and it was a short-term booking, this is way overpriced.

• 7th Aug 2014

It was simply great: beautiful, comfortable and with every thing you would need. Location is also very convenient.

No complaints would definitely stay here again. Good distance from tourist areas as staff were helpful. Clean hostel no kitchen but that is listed. Wifi was good in all areas.

Hostel Van Gogh is more of a shared hotel room rather than a hostel feel. If you want a relaxed time in Amsterdam Hostel Van Gogh is the place for you. I was really happy about the facilities other than the fact that our shower was super leaky in the 8 bed dorm that we stayed in. The beds were comfortable and there were free maps and discount cards at the front desk that were very helpful. Over all quiet hostel close to everything.

Good hostel, right in front of a tram station, comfortablr bed, hot shower, just a little bit expensive.

• 31st Jul 2014

Overall a good hostel-- extremely helpful staff, convenient location, and clean facilities. The one negative of this hostel is the lack of social atmosphere. There is sort of a common area, but it is a restaurant style set up (tables as opposed to chairs/couches) so you don't meet as many people at this hostel as you might at other hostels. That said, it was still a great stay and I would definitely recommend the hostel, though it is better for people traveling with friends than alone.

• 26th Jul 2014

When we checked into our 8 person dorm the sink was clogged. I immediately told them but it took them 3 days to fix and I asked them everyday! We couldn't brush our teeth or wash our hands so we had to do that in the shower. Also some of the staff didn't seem friendly at all. However, good location.

• 26th Jul 2014

The staff were very rude one girl in perticular, blond is hair tied in bun. the room flooded and though we were given a new room and upgrade, my friend and i were put in separate rooms One worker was very apologetic good looking young man with surer looking hair. Manager stressed and unable to solve any situation. The location is a bit far out it very expensive, breakfast for 5 euros was not really worth it, and no real social things were going on.

Was a really nice hostel. Location was a little far from the center, a good 25-30 minute walk. Was a decent hostel.

Hostel Van Gogh is a very pretty hostel. It is located next to the van gogh museum. It is not far away from anything, everything is in walking distance. . Also, for me it was perfectly located because it is not in the middle of the Red Light District chaos. The hostel looks like a hotel so it is very nice and clean. There is wifi and towels are available for no charge. I would certainly recommen this hostel.

Best hostel I have stayed at throughout Europe!! Good location and facilities, nice staff and great rooms with air con. I highly recommend!!

Had quite a big issue with the staff and our check in time being after midnight and they originally wouldn't let us check into our room, even though they have 24 hour reception and no curfew, and they also wanted us to pay the cancellation fee (which was the nights accommodation). This was very annoying for our group and started out stay off in a bad way, Hostel was nice and our bathroom was good, although not noticeably cleaned while we were there. Only small lockers and some didn't work.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7