Hostel Van Gogh Reviews

7th street, 150 mts North from Parque Morazan, Barrio Amon, San Jose Downtown, San Jose, Costa Rica

I enjoyed my stay here, it was quiet and clean. Front door was very secure, but I would appreciate lockers, at least for my smaller goods. The shower had great water pressure and temp control and the bed was comfy. Staff was helpful and friendly. Good location; walkable distance to city center and bus stations. "Included Breakfast" was pretty lame and no efficient way to make coffee. Overall it was a fine transition spot.

Great place

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Panama

Very pleasant ambience. A Beautilly maintained home in a great location. David the owner lives in an apartment within the hostel. The only drawbacks are 1. Only one toilet stall in men's bathroom. 2. The bathroom fixtures , though new, need maintenance.

Beautiful little hostel in a great location. The guy at reception was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are nice and clean and the common areas are nice. Only downsides: the breakfast isn't great, there are no flat sheets on the beds and no lockers. But towels are provided which is nice.

Very quite. Everything you need.

Very friendly staff with less friendly guests. Accommodations were very nice and tidy but some maintenance would go a long way. Didn't get to experience breakfast because we had to leave before 8am. Great location, nice area.

Located in a quiet part on San Jose several blocks off of the busy central road. The hostel is beautiful inside. It's very open and has a loft feel. It's also extremely clean. The owner is very kind and helpful. He let me borrow his computer for a while which was a huge help. I'll be staying here again!

Very helpful staff. Great location.

David was excellent! The hostel was super quiet and calm which was nice, but I was looking for more socializing/togetherness. Maybe having a game night or something once a week to force communication among clientele.

• 21st Dec 2015

Cleanest hostel I've been to! Staff were very friendly and spoke great English. Would definitely recommend this hostel

Very friendly staff with perfect English. The hostel is centrally located, offers spacious communal areas and nice kitchen. Dormitories could be a little bit bigger and matrasses more convenient. Still a very good deal and highly recommended ;)

We had an amazing experience! We a girl, having YOUR OWN BATHROOM IS AMAZING! It was clean, there were towels, hand soap and most of all... A shower with hot water! The beds were a little hard, but the clean rooms made up for it. The owner is AWESOME!! He actually greeted us, explained the process and was there for any questions! We provided us with great historical information, traveling information and gave us great advice for it next travels! And, He gave us amazing information in English!

I love this hostel! The owner was extremely helpful giving me advice on where things were and how to get around the city. I heard him answering the same questions for many travelers but always with a smile. You can tell he loves the hostel, his city, country and just helping fellow travelers. Some nights the hostel was full and sometimes it was quiet. The best of both worlds. I initially booked one night but extended for two more because I liked it so much.

Thank you very much! I really enjoy help travelers and backpackers like you and me! Thank you for everything!! This is your house and you and everybody are welcome always!!

A pretty quiet place, with only about 20-24 beds, though the place is huge! I stayed there for only one night, and found the owner (David?) to be incredibly helpful, full of advice. I don't like the idea of not having my own locker, though he has his reasons, and I still found that my stuff was quite safe with the current arrangements.