Hostel Vermont Puerto Varas Reviews

Pasaje Ricke 224, Puerto Varas, Chile

Staff member we saw was not overly friendly, kitchen tiny with no oven, one shower broken so only one for whole hostel, not enough lockers in dorm, fairly poor breakfast, whole place seemed pretty run down. Decent outside space though, and cosy (though small) lounge/dining area.

Dear guest: We are sorry to hear that our hostel didn't fit your needs. We appreciate your comments and are working hard to improve our procedures and facilities. Although I wanted to mention that I am a little confused with some of them because our kitchen is about 18 mt2 and we do no not have a fire stove in it, but we do have a gas stove with an oven that our guests are more than welcome to use any time.

This hostel was really nothing special. It had a nice garden. Staff seemed a bit unprofessional. Was not thrilled about being kicked out of the common area and forced to go to my room at 11. Kind of felt like I was a kid at camp. Breakfast was not the best either but they did have fruit.

Dear guests: Thank you for your feedback. We want you and all our customers know that our property has wooden floors and noise is carried away very easy specially at night, that is why we want to honour and respect our guests sleep and quiet time at night closing common areas at night. when guests check in we inform everybody about our closing times, also this info is displayed in signs that are on the walls through the hostel, and we kindly suggest everybody to go out is they feel social.

Hostel is in great location with nice views of Puerto Varas and the lake. It has a huge backyard and patio with benches and tables. The inside common area is cozy, but closes at 11pm which is a bit early. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere is good for socializing. Downfalls would be lack of lockers, not as clean as I would like and overall condition of some areas.

Dear guest, Thank you for your candid comments. We want you and all our customers know that we are aware of our lack of lockers and we are working to build more of them in each shared room and will reinforce our cleaning procedures.

Location and price good, 11pm curfew too early to close the common areas!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we have had some bad experiences in the past keeping the common areas and kitchen open during the night, that is why it has been implemented to keep quiet and respect our guests sleep after 11pm, but we are happy to inform you and all our guests that we have created a chill out area with sofas on the second floor so the night owls that don't want to go into their rooms or out after 11pm can hang out :)

Breakfast is included. The hostel is quite nice, the primary downside being that the common areas close at 11pm. It is also a bit short on bathrooms.

Love the staff!!!

Awesome place with great people!

not a bad place if you're looking to meet people and super amazing staff! I found it to be ok, cleanliness could be improved and there are only two toilets that have the showers in them so if you need to go during prime shower time you're out of luck. wasn't a problem for me because the hot water stopped working for my stay. silver lining? did I mention the staff were awesome? I personally liked Margouya the best out of the three hostels I stayed at.

View all Puerto Varas Hostels