Hostel Veronique Reviews

Via Porta Rossa 6, Florence, Italy

My room was situated right off of the "lobby" and at 4 am We were awaken to a loud burping contest that went on for more than an hour.

• 6th Nov 2015

The only advantage of this place is location: 1-2min to the key turist atractions. Nevertheless, I will not come back to this place. The room was equiped really poor, bathroom is also simple and old. I havan't feel comfortable in this place. I would recommend to look for anoher hostel to stay in Florence.

The pictures in the photo don't correspond to the actual rooms. There was only 1 microscopic bathroom, with a micro sink and no bidè, in the whole the floor; no common spaces, no towels unless you ask specifically, no closet, almost no furniture in the room (beside one table); no double bed (which I paid for) but two twins beds joined. I paid for a double bed private room and got to sleep in a deposit room for beds (5 beds) with no furniture. Don't put photos that don't correspond.

• 9th Oct 2015

The only thing great about the hostel is the location. It is walking distance from major sights in Florence. Very convenient. Everything else is so so. There wasn't a reception area or someone on staff at all times, so essentially there was no customer service. The bathroom ran out of toilet paper, so I needed to buy my own. The room and bathroom were clean enough. There was a fridge, but no microwave or kitchen appliances of any kind.

Would prefer someone on premises at all times . Owner said he would meet us at certain time and was over 30 minutes late. Bathroom ran out to toilet paper. Good thing we brought our own.

Had some issues finding someone to check us in and ended up waiting for quite a while. But other than that, great location.

They gave me very dark room, and it was impossible to stay there, because I even could not open the window to refresh the room, because of the bad smell that was coming from outside. And the landlord knew that very well. I told him about the problem but he did not change my room. I had to buy something from the supermarket against that smell , but even that did not help. I would not recommend anyone that hostel, because you dont know which kind of room they will give you.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Armenia

Good location. Fridge. Shared bathroom. No fan or AC so very hot in summer time. Spacious rooms. Clean.

Everything was great except the heat. They didn't have a fan and because of the men down the hall, the hallway began to smell like sweat, but overall a nice place!

Excellent location, right in the heart of florence! The room was a bit too hot though!

Great location to get to the sights in Florence with a great sense of security. However, there were no kitchen facilities at all and the no fan or air conditioning operating which often made it uncomfortable to be in the rooms provided. Also, within the shared bathrooms, there was not always a high level of cleanliness but that is more to blame on other guests.

Deep maintenance is the key to succes.

Very poor relation between quality and price !!!

It is an ok hostel, nothing too great. Room was clean and staff was nice, however the bathroom they told us to use was on another floor, although it had less people using it.. Location was great but the building faces a very crowded street so you get a lot of noise from the outside all day and all night long, which could be a problem if you are not a sound sleeper.

It's more of a guesthouse then a hostel, rooms were small and foyer smelt bad

We booked a four beds room for one night due to the good location and value for money In the room, the bedsheets seemed clean however I couldn't sleep the whole night and the next day me and my friend realized that we got countless bug bites!! Apart from the room, there are two shared bathrooms in our floor, one of them neither the bath nor the toilet were working...

Very conveniently located in the heart of Florence and near the main attractions. One bad point being that there was only one bathroom (incl. toilet) to share between three or four rooms of people.

Excellent location, in the heart of Florence. It has all the basics eg bed, shower, fridge. Great value for money

• 7th Jun 2015