Hostel Veronique Reviews

Via Porta Rossa 6, Florence, Italy

I had difficulties finding the property, because the street numbering stopped. It was not cleaned before I was placed in the room. Poor furniture.

Excellent location and really strong wifi for a hostel!

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Singapore

Great Location - very important!!!. Hall old city is near you. The staff was smily and friendly. Clear and comfortable place.

My room was situated right off of the "lobby" and at 4 am We were awaken to a loud burping contest that went on for more than an hour.

• 6th Nov 2015

The only advantage of this place is location: 1-2min to the key turist atractions. Nevertheless, I will not come back to this place. The room was equiped really poor, bathroom is also simple and old. I havan't feel comfortable in this place. I would recommend to look for anoher hostel to stay in Florence.

The pictures in the photo don't correspond to the actual rooms. There was only 1 microscopic bathroom, with a micro sink and no bidè, in the whole the floor; no common spaces, no towels unless you ask specifically, no closet, almost no furniture in the room (beside one table); no double bed (which I paid for) but two twins beds joined. I paid for a double bed private room and got to sleep in a deposit room for beds (5 beds) with no furniture. Don't put photos that don't correspond.

• 9th Oct 2015

The only thing great about the hostel is the location. It is walking distance from major sights in Florence. Very convenient. Everything else is so so. There wasn't a reception area or someone on staff at all times, so essentially there was no customer service. The bathroom ran out of toilet paper, so I needed to buy my own. The room and bathroom were clean enough. There was a fridge, but no microwave or kitchen appliances of any kind.

Would prefer someone on premises at all times . Owner said he would meet us at certain time and was over 30 minutes late. Bathroom ran out to toilet paper. Good thing we brought our own.

Had some issues finding someone to check us in and ended up waiting for quite a while. But other than that, great location.

They gave me very dark room, and it was impossible to stay there, because I even could not open the window to refresh the room, because of the bad smell that was coming from outside. And the landlord knew that very well. I told him about the problem but he did not change my room. I had to buy something from the supermarket against that smell , but even that did not help. I would not recommend anyone that hostel, because you dont know which kind of room they will give you.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Armenia

Good location. Fridge. Shared bathroom. No fan or AC so very hot in summer time. Spacious rooms. Clean.