Hostel Veronique Reviews

Via Porta Rossa 6, Florence, Italy

They gave me very dark room, and it was impossible to stay there, because I even could not open the window to refresh the room, because of the bad smell that was coming from outside. And the landlord knew that very well. I told him about the problem but he did not change my room. I had to buy something from the supermarket against that smell , but even that did not help. I would not recommend anyone that hostel, because you dont know which kind of room they will give you.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Armenia

Everything was great except the heat. They didn't have a fan and because of the men down the hall, the hallway began to smell like sweat, but overall a nice place!

Excellent location, right in the heart of florence! The room was a bit too hot though!

Great location to get to the sights in Florence with a great sense of security. However, there were no kitchen facilities at all and the no fan or air conditioning operating which often made it uncomfortable to be in the rooms provided. Also, within the shared bathrooms, there was not always a high level of cleanliness but that is more to blame on other guests.

Deep maintenance is the key to succes.

Very poor relation between quality and price !!!

It is an ok hostel, nothing too great. Room was clean and staff was nice, however the bathroom they told us to use was on another floor, although it had less people using it.. Location was great but the building faces a very crowded street so you get a lot of noise from the outside all day and all night long, which could be a problem if you are not a sound sleeper.

It's more of a guesthouse then a hostel, rooms were small and foyer smelt bad

We booked a four beds room for one night due to the good location and value for money In the room, the bedsheets seemed clean however I couldn't sleep the whole night and the next day me and my friend realized that we got countless bug bites!! Apart from the room, there are two shared bathrooms in our floor, one of them neither the bath nor the toilet were working...

Very conveniently located in the heart of Florence and near the main attractions. One bad point being that there was only one bathroom (incl. toilet) to share between three or four rooms of people.

Excellent location, in the heart of Florence. It has all the basics eg bed, shower, fridge. Great value for money

• 7th Jun 2015

The room was clean with crisp white sheets and pillow covers which was all we needed.the location was great.the shared bathroom was a it of a rush in the morning.

• 18th May 2015
  • India

We arrive at 21:00 that day but no one answer the door, fortunately we meet a group of people encountering the same problem with us and they have got a phone so that we can call the landlord. The landlord claim he will come soon but it waste for almost 45 mins for us to wait, when we call him once again as we wait for such a long time, he gets mad. He didn't allow us to leave the luggage at the apartment and claim that we can do that if he is free on that day only...

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great location, but the pictures are nothing like the actual hostel. Too many people to share one bathroom

The hostel was fine. Decently clean, nothing super nice but a good price. However, the owner/whoever checked us in was extremely rude. The hostel was at the top floor of the building and when we got there he took the elevator up with our luggage and made us walk. Then our key wasn't ready and he made us come back in half an hour to pick it up, being completely inflexible about what our plans were. If you can find another place with similar price, I suggest staying elsewhere.

• 6th Apr 2015

Albeit that Italians are renowned for having one of the most delectable cuisines in the Mediterranean, yet it appears that there is a lack of misunderstanding as to what comprises of a kitchen, as apparently what qualifies is a travel kettle and a refrigerator. In other words, there is no kitchen as advertised.

• 17th Mar 2015

Give me back my reservation fee...

• 3rd Mar 2015