Hostel Veronique Reviews

Via Porta Rossa 6, Florence, Italy

Absolutly a perfect location! In the middle of all the food, the sights, and shopping. Very good staff and super clean. It was a bit hard to find, updated the google location with more info. It is on the 4th floor, so if you have a hights issue with tiny elevators or large spiral stairs then you arenout of luck. I would deffinatly stay here again.

Very close to most attractions. Cleanliness deserves two thumbs up. Owner is dedicated,friendly and speaks very good English.

The location beats everything, but there were some drawbacks that spoled general impression: we had to go to the bathroom in the apartment upstairs and the room was barely cleaned before we checked in.

I SPENT A WEEK IN THE HOSTEL, AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. THE LOCATION IS EXCELLENT AND THE STAFF IS ALWAYS LOOKING FORWARD TO HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING YOU NEED.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Dominican Republic

Kind personals, the best location

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Turkey

The location is around the point of interest, and very suitable for a budget trip. Staff is nice , and the service is good.

We were travelling 6 people, when we arrived we had to wait more than 30 mins to reach the staff we rang the door but nobody answered we didnt know that we had to confirm our arrival so it was unfortunate. After check in, we never saw the staff again. The rooms are colder than we expected. The location is perfect but we dont like the hostel a lot, the beds were not comfortable. The toilets and bathroom is clean. No common room.

BED BUGS!! Great location, great management but a lot of bed bugs!! I stayed one night and counted 30 bites the next day. Besides that issue, the hostel is awesome!

We didn't like this hostel at all! We actually left and found another place to stay. It is run by one guy in an apartment next to his. There was not another soul around so we were all alone. The towels were more like bed sheets, the wifi didn't work and the owner was kind of creepy. He wouldn't let us leave our baggage there unless it worked with his schedule. There is no official paper work so he kinda just made up prices and conditions. I would not recommend it.

I stayed i

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The wifi in this hostel was the only good thing there was, other than a central location. The man on staff was not welcoming and was late on several occasions when he said he would be around before the time we requested. He was never actually in the apartment (thats all this hostel is, a rented out apartment) for any length of time, nor was he there overnight. Not willing to make compromises on watching luggage for the day, and was late to check it in and check it out. Disappointing.

• 1st Nov 2014

It's a little bit far away from the station but it is the nearest we can find for this price. We had to walk through many streets which hard to say where we were (I still lost until the last day stayed! LOL but it was ok actually). The room is big and private but there is no heater or air-conditioner inside. The bathroom and toilets are clean. Overall is good!

We arrived very late and they sent us to another hostel 5 min away but there was no problem for us. Great location and wi-fi available. Cheap. The only thing we didn't like was the early check-out (10 am)

It was extremely dirty. The rooms are not like the ones in the pictures: no decoration, no towels for the guests... They just meet you there, get the money and disappear.. And I better not talk about the bathroom!

The hostel was just normal for such money. It was more or less clean, very simple. Just to sleep and that is it. It is in the center, just a few minutes from Duomo and Santa Maria Novella railway station. The staff is okay, rather polite. In the room there were beds and a table, nothing more.

We enjoyed our stay with hostel veronique. It is in the center of Florence , clean and big rooms , nice people. The only problem was they need to change the toilet parpers more often .

Perfect location with a great view on Loggia del Mercato Nuovo. Clean rooms, clean toilets.

Great place to stay, more of an apartment than a hostel. A little difficult to find if you've never been to florence before- just look for the "6" on the door and the hostel is upstairs. Shared bathroom. Loud city at that spot, we slept with the window open and the nights we were sober it was hard to fall asleep. Great location- in the heart of florence. Literally. 5 minute walk to anything you'd want to see. You check in and get keys- and then are left alone. It's nice.

• 30th Sep 2014

The wifi was not reliable. The bathrooms could have been cleaned more. The location was good and most things were in walking distance.

I was very disappointed. Roam was dirty and the wall were full of blood markes as the people before me killed the mozzes and fleas on the walls .i was bited so bad by fleas that we found in the bed and roam.We killed about 30 in the 3 nights we spent in that roam.I had to get treatmnet and my body was so inflamed i was running a fever.There was not even a cuboard to put our things or even a draw .This is my worst experience i have ever experienced in my life and i travel every year to Europe.

• 21st Sep 2014