Hostel Vidigalhouse

8.7
Fabulous 12 Total Reviews

• Namibia, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

Very friendly staff/family, and great atmosphere. I only stayed for one night however. I wish I had known the hostel earlier to stay longer. One of the staff (Bruno) was super kind to drive all the way to collect me from where I was wrongly dropped off by the driver, basically out of nowhere. The hostel is also located in a more local neighbourhood, which is awesome for those that would love to do other activities apart from touristic stuffs. I absolutely enjoyed my stay!

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
19th Nov 2016

The staff here are very friendly and create a family atmosphere, and provide comprehensive advice about the city and tourist areas. They are a social group who show genuine interest in their visitors and organised barbecues, making it very easy to meet people. I liked the location a lot - living in the favela adds an extra dimension to the Rio experience, and buses/metro make it easy to access everywhere in the city. Whether travelling alone or in a group, this hostel is your best option in Rio.