Hostel Vila Viktorija Reviews

Casta Svobode 27a, Bled, Slovenia

Got completely mugged off!!! The hole thing looked rehearsed. A few weeks after booking the hostel, I received an email saying that our orginal booking was not available for some reason to long winded to explain, then this subsequently changed our plans and we booked different dates they then didn't hold these for us and didn't let us stay for half the time we were supposed to they were very shifty and confusing only being able to speak on the phone the the manager and every receptionist sayi...

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The location and the staff were great

• 8th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. All round, great!

The staff is super nice and Bled is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to! That been said, the beds should be replaced, there were bedsprings hurting my back those two nights we stayed there. It would also help tremendously if they would put either in AC or nets in front of the windows so the flies don't get in as easily! Both my boyfriend and I got woken up by a wasp sting, which is very unpleasant! It would also help a lot if they would fix the showers, and clean more often.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Anything you want to do in Bled, they can help you find. The rooms were comfortable and there's a big common area. My only complaint was that the bathrooms could have been cleaner - ours reeked of urine.

My Slovenian family! Whats not to love about this hostel!?!? You open your eyes and you see the lake directly in front of the hostel. They offer inexpensive healthy meals for breakfast and are so friendly and welcoming! I absolutely loved staying in Lake Bled, and cooking in the kitchen, being healthy, and then trying some slovenian spirits at night with the hostel guests and staff! Very friendly and fun environment, and I miss everyone! Anja, Sasa, Pia, Tim, Bine, and Romain and all!

Beautiful building with spacious rooms and common areas. Bit pricey and you have to make your own bed and check out by 10am but staff were very good to check us in early on arrival. Also didn't appreciate our returned laundry being stuffed into a bag to become more creased than when handed in. Good hostel and probably not any better in bled but you're left feeling a little short changed

The location of the hostel in lake bled is fantastic, you walk out of your hostel and it's right there. The staff where excellent they where so helpful and nice and would go out of there way to help you with anything you need. I stayed in a basic 10 bed mixed dorm with 2 of my friends the only complaint would be having to walk up a flight of stairs to use a shower and how there wasn't a bathroom in the room it's self. Other than that we had an amazing time and I would definitely go back.

• 31st Jul 2015

Super hostel med skøn beliggenhed. Vi havde dog et meget lille 4 dorm.

Very Friendly and helpful. Just what you want from a hostel. Could do with more Power sockets in the dorms though! :)

• 30th Jul 2015

We had no problems with our stay at Vila Viktorija, all staff were happy to help in anyway possible and with the hostel being located right next to the lake it's perfect to do also any activities. The hostel itself was very welcoming with a fairly large common area which makes meeting new people really easy! Would definitely stay here again, cannot recommend enough!!

thank you so much for such a lovely review! We try really hard at the hostel to make our guests happy and their stay pleasant. You are more than welcome to come again! Travel safe, Anja Kolbl - Assistant manager

The staff were very pleasant but a bit slow at times. The location was good. Security wasn't great. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Hello there! Thank you for your review, we really cherish our guests opinions and try to improve a lot! I do not understand though what you mean by the staff being a bit slow at times. It is true that check-in takes quite some time, but that is jus a lot of information that we need to type in the system, so if we seemed officially slow, believe me, we are always trying as hard as possible to hurry things up so that you don't have to wait. But I bet you can understand that we will not hurry when

The staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful, I cannot praise them enough! The location was great, right beside the lake but this meant lots of flies and insects everywhere, especially at night. Unfortunately there was a big noisy group there during my stay who were abnocious and made as much of a mess as they did noise. That was no fault of the hostel but just took away from my experience there.

Hey! Thank you for your review - we are really happy when guests notice we do try hard. Mayflies are around for a few days every year, however we can't do anything about them - we are not happy about them as well, good thing they are gone quite fast and that are harmless just annoying. It is always a challenging to host arger groups - one ot two from our hostel reception team always stay in the hostel, so we can remind them if they are too loud. I am sorry if you had a bad experinence. Regards!

Fantastic atmosphere and very helpful and friendly staff. The hostels list of facilities seem endless, ranging from bike hire to selling alcohol and icecream. Placed right on the lakeside this hostel supplied amazing views within feet of the front door. Unfortunately our stay was ruined a bit by a misunderstanding about 2 people being given the same bed, the hostel gave us a refund and no damage was done, it just meant we had a not so great night sleep. 100% would visit again

Hey there, thank you for your review and sorry once again, for the confusion with beds, mistakes happen - even to the best ones, but we try hard to solve them fast and effective! Great, that you've liked our hostel and its location - we love it too! Kind regards, Manca - Hostel manager

The staff seemed very bored and there were just too many signs charging you for stuff. Too expensive but pretty location.

Hey there, we are really sorry if you've got a feeling that we were bored. I can assure you we are not, our hostel is pretty much booked out every day so it is imposible to be bored. Plus we have a young team, that loves to talk with guests and also help them with their plans what to do in Bled and around. We think we have the best location in Bled, since we are the only hostel by Bled Lake, so we are glad you have noticed that! Kind regards from Bled, Manca - Hostel manager

The room was very small! Barely room for the two of us in a room for three persons. The hostel kitchen was almost disgusting, located in a cold and damp cellar. Dirty, felt like no one took out the trashes. Lots of signs for the guest to clean up after themselves, and it felt like no one from the staff was doing any cleaning.

Hey, we know our private rooms are small and also make this clear on booking sites, since we don't want to misslead anyone (it is a small private room, bright but small and basic, with one double bed and one bunk single bed) and that is why it has a very good price for a high summer season in Bled. I am sorry for the kitchen situaction - it is a guest kitchen and we do clean it daily, but some guests just ignore the fact of a shared kitchen that is meant to be taken care of everyone.

We really liked the vibe of this hostel. The staff were really friendly and it had an awesome common room and an outside terrace with a bbq. The showers have recently been refurbished so are nice and modern. We stayed in the 12 bed dorm downstairs and the only criticism is the lack of plugs in the room to charge things! We liked the hostel and Lake Bled so much that we stayed an extra night. Lastly the breakfast was pretty cheap and really tasty :)

Hey there, thank you for your lovely comment! We did also instal some extra plugs into 12 bed dorm, so thank you for letting us know. Kind regards from Bled, Manca - Hostel Manager

I had an amazing stay. Probably the best so far and i have been in a few hostels in all these years. No matter how amazing a place is still, the right people at the right moment can make it a truly deeply amazing experience. I would definitely go back there and probably i will.

Hey hey! Thank you for your lovely review & well said about the right people and the right moment :) Kind regards and enjoy your travels! Manca, Hostel manager

If you're going to lake bled, stay at this hostel. It's the only one right on the lake, it's so close to all the pubs, and it's got such a fun vibe. Staff are fab

Hey, thank you! Fun vibe forever! :)

friendly and helpful staff, nice kitchen, room is pretty small but clean bed, clean shared bathroom, it located near the lake but pretty far away from the bus station. Supermarket or shops are 5-10 mins nearby. wifi is only work in the common room.

hey there, thank you for your review! As for the bus station: the main one is not that close (abou 15 minute walk), however, we recommend to take off at "union station", which is a stop befor the main one and it is closer to our hostel. Kind regards!