Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Amazing hostel, would stay again and again.

Loved it here! It was a really nice homey small hostel where you get to know everyone else there. The staff was the best, always so helpful. Nice view from the communal patio where everyone hung out together. Great location in old town!

• 9th Jul 2014

Hostel villa angelina old towne was absolutely fabulous becausd the facilities were clean, the holstel encluded everything we needed (kitchen, showers,towels, etc...) for no extra cost, the location was prime, and above all, the staff was outstanding. They were helpful, friendly, knowledgable, and very gracious. I would reccomend this hostel to anyone who wants a laid back atmosphere surrounded by laid back fellow travelers.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good location within the old town although be prepared for alot of steps! Good facilites with kitchen, laundry etc however the rooms were VERY small. Quite awkward for 4 guests and their luggage!

I would liken staying at Villa Angelina to staying in an authentic European home. The hostel was warm and inviting, and the staff so helpful and friendly. It's location within the Old Town means a lot of stair climbing, but it is definitely worth the effort. The hostel is on the smaller size, but it's the intimacy that gives it character. The facilities are great, with large lockers and air cons fitted in each room to help calm the heat. The 10pm noise curfew means it's both quaint and relaxing.

Nice hostel if you are searching for something cozy. like with all hostels they are located on staiway-side (maaaaany stairs) so it is not for the weak-legged ;) staff is very nice, polite, and funny to hang around, they know everything about what is worth doing in Dubrovnik, ask and they'll have an answer.

Dario and Matea were friendly and helpful hosts. A nice feature of this hostel is that they will wash and (hang-)dry your laundry for a price that is the cost of just a wash cycle and the self-serve laundromat in town. The balcony is a nice area to meet other guests. My only complaint is that they're sort of pushing the limits on space in the bedrooms and showers. But I imagine the situation is the same at every hostel in the Old Town.

Great location in the middle of Old Town and close to the bus station. The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. Common room downstairs perfect for meeting other backpackers. The rooms were a little tight for space but comfortable enough. I enjoyed my stay there. Would definitely recommend to other travellers passing through Dubrovnik.

A beautiful hostel - though a bit tricky to find at first. The rooms are absolutely TINY - really hard to fit four people and four backpacks - but very clean. The staff was just lovely. However, there aren't a ton of bathrooms and they were all located on the first floor which was a bit inconvenient. Fantastic having a hostel within the Old Town though - everything was walking distance.

An excellent stay here! Hoster and hostress are very friendly and provide useful information for travelling in Dubrovnik. I enjoy the atomsphere in the hostel and I really had a greater time here. :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

When we got there, they offered to upgrade us to a private room for free, which was great, but I understood why after hearing all the construction at 7am every day in the apartment building! Other than that, the two staffers were very nice and the location was brilliant right inside old town. I would definitely recommend this hostel, as I enjoyed my stay.

we are sorry for the noice of construction , our neighbours were refurbishing their apartment for 1 week. We really hope this did not disturb you too much! We hope you will come back! Thank you!

Excellent location. A little hard to find mind you so remember the street number! (17). Nice balcony area for meeting other guests/playing cards etc, small but well equipped kitchen (freezer included) and common room downstairs with free tea and coffee all day. Staff were excellent and very friendly. 8 bed dorm had an AMAZING view over the Old Town, many powerpoints. Large ensuite bathroom. Wifi poor in dorm but excellent elsewhere. Not a crazy party hostel as balcony etc are closed at 10pm.

High prices and really small rooms. Not their fault, its just a tourist destination its high prices for everything. Clean toilets and beds and it is in the old town.

Was lovely to stay in the old city friendly staff and clean facilities

I was really happy with my stay at Villa Angelina. It's very close to Buza Gate, making it much easier to carry my crazy-heavy bags to the hostel. The staff was incredibly friendly and had awesome recommendations. The rooms and bathrooms were also really clean. Highly recommend!

Really nice little hostel inside the walls of the old town - just a quick walk to the Stradun and right next to the city walls. Matea and Dario were really friendly and very helpful!

It's inside the old city walls, so that should warrant a stay in itself. However, it's also a really nice hostel with great staff and decent enough facilities.

When I arrived I was welcome by the cleaning lady, even though she didn't speak any english, she was so nice and help me out on getting settled while I waited by the check in hour. I really liked this hostel, it had a great atmosphere and the host were really nice.

This was probably the best hostel I have stayed in. The location is amazing since it is within the city walls. All of the staff were so warm, friendly, and helpful, which really set the atmosphere for all of the travelers. There is a large kitchen downstairs, and there is an outside deck where everyone can congregate. I really couldn't have asked for more from this hostel and had an amazing time.

Location is fantastic. Facilities are clean and staff friendly and helpful. The only downside is the dorm rooms are very cramped. I stayed in both the 4 and 6 bed dorms and the 6 bed dorm is especially small. That said, it's great to be able to stay within the old city. I would probably stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4