Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I actually really liked staying here and would totally stay here again, despite my less than 100% score. Basically I couldn't give high points for security because the front door is always open without a manned reception, the bedrooms aren't locked, also there's no luggage room, you can still store your things under the stairs but it's in the open. If you're not travelling with anything expensive then there's nothing to worry about. The beds are super comfortable and it's a great place!!!!! .

Matea is simply the sweetest person in a hostel I have ever met. My fiancé and I had a change in busing from Slovenia to Dubrovnik so we missed our first night we paid for so she let us extend our stay for one additional night at no extra charge. She always greets with you a smile and asks how your day was. She is so helpful if you have any questions. The hostel is ideally placed. You know when you have to walk through a castle to get to your hostel you've chosen the right one! Highly recommend!

• 18th Dec 2014

Great staff, beautiful terrace, and right in the middle of Dubrovnik's walled old town. The facilities are nice and clean, and there's a chill basement. It does not have 24 hour reception, unfortunately, as I found the hard way.

Amazing staff, very easy to meet people, clean and comfortable. Only downside was a fairly cramped kitchen which would be a nightmare in peak season.

Matea was simply the kindest and most welcoming person I've ever seen on a hostel, she helped me with everything from things to see and do in Dubrovnik to booking ferries and buses in Croatia, I enjoyed every minute of conversation so thank you so much! Beds are clean and very confortable, good WiFi in the rooms and the common area is great for meeting people. Location couldn't be better. I'll definetly stay here if I visit Dubrovnik again.

I had a really great time at this hostel and would recommend it in a heartbeat. The location is amazing and the staff even better. One of the staff found me wandering around after I got off of the bus and led the way to the hostel. After a day of travel, that was awesome. Only downside was the shower drains were clogged so I was standing in three inches of water which was gross. The kitchen also is really tiny so only one or two people can really use it at any given time. Social and fun though!

The staff was helpful and friendly.Great hostel I've ever stayed, felt at home but the room was not enough space to open the baggage.I was worried about the security because there was not a room key and nobody at the reception.

A pleasent little hostel tucked away by the city walls. To reach the hostel it is best to enter the city from the Buza (North) Gate. However Dubrovnik is small enough that the Old Town attractions are within walking distance. Another added attraction is the hostel's own terrace, which has a superb vantage point for views of the city. The hostel offers free tea & coffee, and has a fully equiped kitchen & common room for guests to meet

I stayed in a private, which was several blocks away from the hostel, and it was way too private - none of the social benefits of a hostel. The lady from the next room clogged the toilet, and Dario worked really hard but couldn't fix it without a plumber. I do not recommend the private room, but probably the hostel would have been great.

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry the private room was too private :) , but that's what it is - it is a Private Room. Dormitory rooms are shared and maybe that would be a better solution for you, but you have to tell us about that, we would have changed your booking without any problem if we knew you were lonely! All the best! Matea, manager

It was one of the hostel i have been ever! Althouge there were lots of STEPS haha

It's a high quality hostel. It's inside the old town accessible through steep staircases but very short distance to everything else. Rooms and common room are small, as expected in the old town. Atmosphere is great. Good to network with other travelers. Kitchen is well equipped. Shower rooms are small but clean. Quiet hostel after 2200. It is not the cheapest hostel in the old town but quality is good. Very warm and helpful hosts and helpers. Matea knows everything about Dubrovnik.

It's a long climb up the stairs, but totally worth it considering the view from the terrace. The hostel felt a bit cramped for space, but terrace is definitely the best place to hang out. Dario is a great host and I enjoyed chatting to him about filming the Game of Thrones. Ask him for locations, he knows a lot! The only thing this place could improve is to organize some breakfast, but then again all the restaurants are literally just few steps away.

Very good experience!

• 27th Oct 2014

I love your smiley receptionists.. always giving info with a smile despite having answered these questions 5774784 times. A gd hostel stands out when the receptionists act as an information board--that's what makes a difference.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! We were upgraded to the private room for free which was nicer than the hostel so I'd recommend spending a bit more on it because its in a better location and so comfortable! Matea the manager is the most beautiful human I've ever met! Goes above and beyond to help...she phoned for us, gave us recommendations, everything - especially when we left our passports in the hostel. I would recommend to everyone!

Had a very pleasant stay at this hostel thanks largely to the lovely people that run it (Dario & Matea) who also helped with day trips. Stayed in a private room which was in an annex 200m away from the main hostel which is up a hill (go there from the north entrance to the old town). Small rooms but that is to be expected in old town when rooms are at a premium. Otherwise very clean and cosy with excellent working showers (rooms recently renovated). Would wholeheartedly recommend!

My favourite thing was the terrace overlooking the old town. The staff are really friendly and the beds are comfy. I enjoyed my short stay!

Location is actually amazing, but it is REALLY difficult to find, make sure you read the booking email they send you directly (although I struggled even with that). Rooms are really small so not great if you have a big backpack, but the beds are super comfy and the bathrooms are great. Really friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful views from upstairs windows! Go have a look! Also good laundry services etc.

This is the best hostel that I have ever been due to its staff Matea and Dario are awesome, they really help me with all my trip, and they always give you a nice smile ;). Regarding the location it was perfect!!!!

We stayed in a three bedroom private and it was right in the centre of Old Town. The facilities were awesome, the staff was very helpful and friendly and it was a great value for the money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3