Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Matea was simply the kindest and most welcoming person I've ever seen on a hostel, she helped me with everything from things to see and do in Dubrovnik to booking ferries and buses in Croatia, I enjoyed every minute of conversation so thank you so much! Beds are clean and very confortable, good WiFi in the rooms and the common area is great for meeting people. Location couldn't be better. I'll definetly stay here if I visit Dubrovnik again.

I had a really great time at this hostel and would recommend it in a heartbeat. The location is amazing and the staff even better. One of the staff found me wandering around after I got off of the bus and led the way to the hostel. After a day of travel, that was awesome. Only downside was the shower drains were clogged so I was standing in three inches of water which was gross. The kitchen also is really tiny so only one or two people can really use it at any given time. Social and fun though!

The staff was helpful and friendly.Great hostel I've ever stayed, felt at home but the room was not enough space to open the baggage.I was worried about the security because there was not a room key and nobody at the reception.

A pleasent little hostel tucked away by the city walls. To reach the hostel it is best to enter the city from the Buza (North) Gate. However Dubrovnik is small enough that the Old Town attractions are within walking distance. Another added attraction is the hostel's own terrace, which has a superb vantage point for views of the city. The hostel offers free tea & coffee, and has a fully equiped kitchen & common room for guests to meet

I stayed in a private, which was several blocks away from the hostel, and it was way too private - none of the social benefits of a hostel. The lady from the next room clogged the toilet, and Dario worked really hard but couldn't fix it without a plumber. I do not recommend the private room, but probably the hostel would have been great.

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry the private room was too private :) , but that's what it is - it is a Private Room. Dormitory rooms are shared and maybe that would be a better solution for you, but you have to tell us about that, we would have changed your booking without any problem if we knew you were lonely! All the best! Matea, manager

It was one of the hostel i have been ever! Althouge there were lots of STEPS haha

It's a high quality hostel. It's inside the old town accessible through steep staircases but very short distance to everything else. Rooms and common room are small, as expected in the old town. Atmosphere is great. Good to network with other travelers. Kitchen is well equipped. Shower rooms are small but clean. Quiet hostel after 2200. It is not the cheapest hostel in the old town but quality is good. Very warm and helpful hosts and helpers. Matea knows everything about Dubrovnik.

It's a long climb up the stairs, but totally worth it considering the view from the terrace. The hostel felt a bit cramped for space, but terrace is definitely the best place to hang out. Dario is a great host and I enjoyed chatting to him about filming the Game of Thrones. Ask him for locations, he knows a lot! The only thing this place could improve is to organize some breakfast, but then again all the restaurants are literally just few steps away.

Very good experience!

• 27th Oct 2014

I love your smiley receptionists.. always giving info with a smile despite having answered these questions 5774784 times. A gd hostel stands out when the receptionists act as an information board--that's what makes a difference.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! We were upgraded to the private room for free which was nicer than the hostel so I'd recommend spending a bit more on it because its in a better location and so comfortable! Matea the manager is the most beautiful human I've ever met! Goes above and beyond to help...she phoned for us, gave us recommendations, everything - especially when we left our passports in the hostel. I would recommend to everyone!

Had a very pleasant stay at this hostel thanks largely to the lovely people that run it (Dario & Matea) who also helped with day trips. Stayed in a private room which was in an annex 200m away from the main hostel which is up a hill (go there from the north entrance to the old town). Small rooms but that is to be expected in old town when rooms are at a premium. Otherwise very clean and cosy with excellent working showers (rooms recently renovated). Would wholeheartedly recommend!

My favourite thing was the terrace overlooking the old town. The staff are really friendly and the beds are comfy. I enjoyed my short stay!

Location is actually amazing, but it is REALLY difficult to find, make sure you read the booking email they send you directly (although I struggled even with that). Rooms are really small so not great if you have a big backpack, but the beds are super comfy and the bathrooms are great. Really friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful views from upstairs windows! Go have a look! Also good laundry services etc.

This is the best hostel that I have ever been due to its staff Matea and Dario are awesome, they really help me with all my trip, and they always give you a nice smile ;). Regarding the location it was perfect!!!!

We stayed in a three bedroom private and it was right in the centre of Old Town. The facilities were awesome, the staff was very helpful and friendly and it was a great value for the money.

So clean all the time! Staff are actually so genuine and friendly. Great atmosphere in a fantastic location in the old town. Without doubt one of the best if not the best hostel I have stayed at in the last 4 months. Thank you so much!

HELLO!!! i am just coming to stay there for about 6 nights and I have to say that is the most similar place i have found as home... the hostel is runned by dario and matea, a young couple. they are incredible, everything is clean... they help you a lot in terms of tourist areas.. restaurants.. and anything you need. i forget t check about my flight and they lend me the computer withour problem..the rooms are clean and with window.. views to the city...also kitchen! and the atmosphere is grea

Angelina is great, warm and helpful. She waved the cancellation fee when I had to cancel one night's booking at short notice. Bathrooms are impeccably clean. Only thing is my room got all the draught from the front entrance and got very cold when people walked in and out leaving the door open but otherwise a good stay.

Great place to stay and the young couple that run it are excellent!! Always there with a cheerful greeting and always happy to help with anything. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Oct 2014