Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

We loved staying here, except for the stairs! It's located right at the top of Old town, so there are many stairs to be climbed. But the owners are so sweet and even let us borrow beach towels after we moved to another property.

Was not greeted at the door, needed to leave at 5.30am for an early flight departure however as we went to leave the hostel door was padlocked. We did not have a key/ was not told about the door being locked so for 5.30am in the morning we are very confused- although reception knew we were leaving early they did not leave us a key- we had to wake up the 4 other girls in our room to ask for help. Was a very uncomfortable experience. I do not recommend staying here.

Dear Guest! Each guest upon check in gets a key to enter hostel. I am not sure why didnt you use your key :) Anyway, that early in morning anyone can be a bit confused! Hope to host you again here! All the best! Matea, hostel manager

We got a private and it was in the annexe building - walked up the zillion stairs to the hostel and then back down to old town then we had to hike back up the next day to change rooms. Not much hostel interaction, but very clean.

The hostel was in a great location in the old town of Dubrovnik. Staff were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The only downfall of this hostel is the size of the room, we stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm and it was VERY small so don't expect much. Considering the price you pay it was a little dissapointing. From what I have seen though if you want to stay in old town no matter where you stay you will pay high prices for small rooms. Overall a good hostel

This is such a lovely hostel in a charming old house. Kitchen and terrace areas really characterful and homey, very friendly and helpful staff. It is quite a climb to get there, but worth it!

Amazing hostel, would stay again and again.

Quite simply, the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. Matea and Daario who run it are two of the most pleasant people I've ever met, and went out of their way frequently to help myself and my 5 rowdy friends. We also met their probably the largest proportion of lovely people, who we ended up going out with frequently. It's easy to get to, and easier still to get to the centre of Dubrovnik from. Beds were comfortable, showers great and the view from our room was superb.

Loved it here! It was a really nice homey small hostel where you get to know everyone else there. The staff was the best, always so helpful. Nice view from the communal patio where everyone hung out together. Great location in old town!

• 9th Jul 2014

Hostel villa angelina old towne was absolutely fabulous becausd the facilities were clean, the holstel encluded everything we needed (kitchen, showers,towels, etc...) for no extra cost, the location was prime, and above all, the staff was outstanding. They were helpful, friendly, knowledgable, and very gracious. I would reccomend this hostel to anyone who wants a laid back atmosphere surrounded by laid back fellow travelers.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good location within the old town although be prepared for alot of steps! Good facilites with kitchen, laundry etc however the rooms were VERY small. Quite awkward for 4 guests and their luggage!

I would liken staying at Villa Angelina to staying in an authentic European home. The hostel was warm and inviting, and the staff so helpful and friendly. It's location within the Old Town means a lot of stair climbing, but it is definitely worth the effort. The hostel is on the smaller size, but it's the intimacy that gives it character. The facilities are great, with large lockers and air cons fitted in each room to help calm the heat. The 10pm noise curfew means it's both quaint and relaxing.

Sadly only had the opportunity to stay for 1 night. The location was amazing , the terrace view of the Old Town was brilliant. The hosts were amazing, so helpful in planning my day in Dubrovnik. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting wonderful Dubrovnik!

Nice hostel if you are searching for something cozy. like with all hostels they are located on staiway-side (maaaaany stairs) so it is not for the weak-legged ;) staff is very nice, polite, and funny to hang around, they know everything about what is worth doing in Dubrovnik, ask and they'll have an answer.

Could be more well located. It's not so near to the center. But it's good for those who want to be closer to the bus station. The showers were tiny and unpractical to use. You had to hold the shower with one hand while rubbing with the other. The kitchen was dirty. The floor was very noisy, and the room at night amplified every sound, so if you don't have earplugs, you're gonna have trouble sleeping.

Dario and Matea were friendly and helpful hosts. A nice feature of this hostel is that they will wash and (hang-)dry your laundry for a price that is the cost of just a wash cycle and the self-serve laundromat in town. The balcony is a nice area to meet other guests. My only complaint is that they're sort of pushing the limits on space in the bedrooms and showers. But I imagine the situation is the same at every hostel in the Old Town.

Great location in the middle of Old Town and close to the bus station. The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. Common room downstairs perfect for meeting other backpackers. The rooms were a little tight for space but comfortable enough. I enjoyed my stay there. Would definitely recommend to other travellers passing through Dubrovnik.

A beautiful hostel - though a bit tricky to find at first. The rooms are absolutely TINY - really hard to fit four people and four backpacks - but very clean. The staff was just lovely. However, there aren't a ton of bathrooms and they were all located on the first floor which was a bit inconvenient. Fantastic having a hostel within the Old Town though - everything was walking distance.

An excellent stay here! Hoster and hostress are very friendly and provide useful information for travelling in Dubrovnik. I enjoy the atomsphere in the hostel and I really had a greater time here. :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

When we got there, they offered to upgrade us to a private room for free, which was great, but I understood why after hearing all the construction at 7am every day in the apartment building! Other than that, the two staffers were very nice and the location was brilliant right inside old town. I would definitely recommend this hostel, as I enjoyed my stay.

we are sorry for the noice of construction , our neighbours were refurbishing their apartment for 1 week. We really hope this did not disturb you too much! We hope you will come back! Thank you!

Excellent location. A little hard to find mind you so remember the street number! (17). Nice balcony area for meeting other guests/playing cards etc, small but well equipped kitchen (freezer included) and common room downstairs with free tea and coffee all day. Staff were excellent and very friendly. 8 bed dorm had an AMAZING view over the Old Town, many powerpoints. Large ensuite bathroom. Wifi poor in dorm but excellent elsewhere. Not a crazy party hostel as balcony etc are closed at 10pm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4