Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Superb 1090 Total Reviews
Superb 1090 Total Reviews

21st Mar 2017

After 4months of travelling around Europe this has definitely been our favourite hostel!! It was so welcoming and exceeded all of our expectations!! We loved the friends/hosts that turned into a little family while we were there and we will be coming back very very soon!! This is definitely the best hostel in not only Dubrovnik but all of Europe!! Thank you Matea, Annamarjia and everyone else for the most amazing experience ever ❤️ Xx

21st Mar 2017

This was a wonderful hostel. The location cannot be beat, just follow Matea's directions for easier access to the hostel. The rooms and bathrooms are tiny, but clean and totally workable. The beds are super comfortable, best beds in a hostel EVER. The best part about the hostel is Matea. She is super friendly, helpful and just plain wonderful. She felt like an old friend. She is part of the reason I am so sad to be leaving Dubrovnik. Thank you, Matea!!!

• josephinetse
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Mar 2017

I started my first leg of my solo travels here in Dubrovnik and could not have had a better experience! I love this hostel and everyone who was there. Such a welcoming environment, there was always something to do. I had my first cevapi here- it's my new favorite food. Thanks Matea and Anamarija and everyone else who made my stay enjoyable!

14th Mar 2017

This is the best hostel I have stayed at. Since I arrived I felt I was part of a small family or community. The hostess Matea really makes the place, she helps everyone becomes friends and organizes drinks or dinners... seems like only fun great people come to this hostel! Also, you are within the walls, have an amazing view in a chill terrace, and te rooms are clean and nice. This is the place to stay in Dubrovnik!

12th Mar 2017

Not only is this the best hostel in dubrovnik but one of my favorite hostel experiences. Perfectly located in the old city. Easy to walk and find from the bus station. Beautiful authentic building but also modern and very clean on the inside. Comfortable beds and very quiet at night. A terrace that you can sit and relax on with a great view. Superb staff that will go above and beyond. I was originally booked for 3 nights but ened up staying 9...So i guess that says it all. Thanks guys!

• Indonesia, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

Matea is a great host! I was a little shocked that the location is not really "heavy luggage"-friendly cos there were a lot of stairs. But one of the staff, Colin, was really helpful helping me carrying the luggage, so props to him. Matea also told me where to eat at cheap restaurant, buy cheaper souvenirs, and places to get students discount. Overall, the hostel is very clean, it's not noisy, perfect for the money value. I'd definitely coming back to this hostel (and carry lighter luggage)

• USA, Male, 25-30
27th Oct 2016

Everything about the Hostel Villa Angelina was fantastic! I stayed in one of the four-bedroom annex buildings just a block off the main street. The accommodations were fantastic! We had our own bathroom, lockers, and plenty of floor space in the center of the room. It was more like a condo than a typical hostel, which was awesome. The few times I went up to the main building, the staff were all incredibly friendly and always eager to offer restaurant recommendations or things to do.

25th Oct 2016
7.7

Decently clean, friendly staff, good location but the nature of the city means you'll be climbing steps to and from the hostel every day. Biggest complaint would be cramped quarters, everything from dorms to kitchen to bathrooms are absolutely tiny. Not something that can really be avoided as space within the city walls is at a premium, but worth noting to set proper expectations.

25th Oct 2016

Great hostel. Always clean and tidy. Great location in old town. Facilities are a bit small and cramped (room, toilet, shower and kitchen) however that is most likely the nature of buildings in Old town. Great stay and would stay again.

23rd Oct 2016

Cheap hostels in Dubrovnik are rare, and after trying a few, I would definitely recommend Hostel Angelina above anyone else. While the atmosphere wasn't stellar, it was the off-season, so not many guests were present. The facilities are SO worth the stay, however -- the most comfortable mattresses, independent plugs and lights, clean showers, clean EVERYTHING, wonderful patio. And the staff is very warm and welcoming.