Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Matea and Dario were excellent and made my stay very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 27th Mar 2015

It is 170 steps to the hostel from the main road, but still a very good location. The only negative thing in the hostel is that it's really narrow and small. Other than that it's a really good hostel with super friendly staff!

Staff are very helpful and friendly, very convenient location.

Cool Hostel in the heart of Dubrovnik oldtown!

This hostel was perfect for our afternoon and morning trip to Dubrovnik, the staff were incredibly friendly and had great recommendations. The rooms felt more like a hotel/bedroom than some of the hostels I've stayed in, which was very relaxing. I would definitely go back.

WE recommend this hostel to everyone. Matea and Dario treat their guests like family members.Unique atmosphere and excellent location as well. If you visit Dubrovnik, you must stay at villa angelina. Regards and all the best for your future. Adrian and Dominique. Mexico/Germany

It was so nice to meet and have you here! Thank you for best rating! :) we all hope to see you again one day at Hostel Villa Angelina :) Your best team Matea, Dario & Polo

Location is at the upper part of Dubrovnik, if you like exercise this the hostel to stay, but it also rewards you with a beautiful view over the city looking from their orange tree garden, good hostel.

Very cozy place with the best staff in croacia! I feel very good in angelina hostel.

Dear staff Hello I was impressed thanks to you. you were always kind and had a smile. and helped anybody including me. But the lt was quite difficult to find the location. so I think that the mark for name and sign for direction is required. anyway everything was satisfied . Thank you for making to me good memory.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Good hostel in Stari Grad (Old Town) Dubrovnik. Facilities were good. The staff were friendly.

A young female staff was so nice and helped us a lot during our stay. As for private rooms, you have to carry your luggage to 3rd or 4th floor as there is no elevator.

Dear Kaoru, Thank you for your review and a great rating! We are happy you had a great stay, and yes, there is no elevators at all within the Old town :) You will always be welcome at Hostel Villa Angelina! Take care! Matea, manager

When I stayed in, the heater was broken and it was freezing cold at night :( I'm sure it would have been fixed by now, but i got sick for a while after that. It is an apartment with steep steps and if you have a big suitcase and staying on 3rd floor, it could be hard climbing up and down. Even though it was not in the best condition, I actually had a pleasant staying :)

Hi! Thank you for a great rating! We are happy to see this. Unfortunatelly the heater stopped working during your stay, immediately the day after it was replaced. We are so sorry you were cold! Sorry once again! Moreover, we have renovated entire hostel this winter, painted walls, changed floors, each bed now has a reading lamp and 2 sockets, we really hope the guests can enjoy new facilities in Hostel Villa Angelina! Thank you! Matea

I actually really liked staying here and would totally stay here again, despite my less than 100% score. Basically I couldn't give high points for security because the front door is always open without a manned reception, the bedrooms aren't locked, also there's no luggage room, you can still store your things under the stairs but it's in the open. If you're not travelling with anything expensive then there's nothing to worry about. The beds are super comfortable and it's a great place!!!!! .

Dear guest! Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it, especially yours! Because of your feedback we have installed automatic locking door for each room, reception is automatically locked, now security is really prime here! Thanks a lot! You are always welcome here! Matea, hostel manager

Matea is simply the sweetest person in a hostel I have ever met. My fiancé and I had a change in busing from Slovenia to Dubrovnik so we missed our first night we paid for so she let us extend our stay for one additional night at no extra charge. She always greets with you a smile and asks how your day was. She is so helpful if you have any questions. The hostel is ideally placed. You know when you have to walk through a castle to get to your hostel you've chosen the right one! Highly recommend!

• 18th Dec 2014

Great staff, beautiful terrace, and right in the middle of Dubrovnik's walled old town. The facilities are nice and clean, and there's a chill basement. It does not have 24 hour reception, unfortunately, as I found the hard way.

Amazing staff, very easy to meet people, clean and comfortable. Only downside was a fairly cramped kitchen which would be a nightmare in peak season.

Matea was simply the kindest and most welcoming person I've ever seen on a hostel, she helped me with everything from things to see and do in Dubrovnik to booking ferries and buses in Croatia, I enjoyed every minute of conversation so thank you so much! Beds are clean and very confortable, good WiFi in the rooms and the common area is great for meeting people. Location couldn't be better. I'll definetly stay here if I visit Dubrovnik again.

I had a really great time at this hostel and would recommend it in a heartbeat. The location is amazing and the staff even better. One of the staff found me wandering around after I got off of the bus and led the way to the hostel. After a day of travel, that was awesome. Only downside was the shower drains were clogged so I was standing in three inches of water which was gross. The kitchen also is really tiny so only one or two people can really use it at any given time. Social and fun though!

The staff was helpful and friendly.Great hostel I've ever stayed, felt at home but the room was not enough space to open the baggage.I was worried about the security because there was not a room key and nobody at the reception.

A pleasent little hostel tucked away by the city walls. To reach the hostel it is best to enter the city from the Buza (North) Gate. However Dubrovnik is small enough that the Old Town attractions are within walking distance. Another added attraction is the hostel's own terrace, which has a superb vantage point for views of the city. The hostel offers free tea & coffee, and has a fully equiped kitchen & common room for guests to meet