Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Reviews

Plovani skalini 17/a, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Had a great stay here. Old Town is awesome and worth paying a little extra to stay here

Nicely located in the old town - although you have a steep climb up. Rooms are small and a bit too crowded. Staff is really cool. A bit pricey.

Highly recommended! Great location, clean facilities, amazing view from terrace! Staff were so friendly and cool!

• 17th Aug 2014

The stay here was so-so. There were no locks on the dorms and half te time no one from reception to monitor who comes and goes into the hostel.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Located at the top/northern end of the city up LOTS OF STAIRS. If you do NOT like steps, don't stay here. It is close to the 'Red Keep' and the gate/road to the cable car. Hostel itself is clean but small, nowhere to put luggage in the dorm room. Good AC though.

The location in the Old Town was great however be prepared to walk up a lot of steps. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms / bathrooms were spotless. However, there was not much room in the dorms (especially the 6 person room) and it's a little pricey.

Great hostel, but rooms are definitely cramped. I was in a six person room that really should have been for 4 people. Otherwise, very clean and staff is so nice!

The hostel are located in the old town and the staff are very friendly and help you when you need.

We stayed in the three bed private and it was in an awesome location. Right beside Buza bar and right in the heart of old town. The wifi was wonderful and the staff was amazing (especially Matea I believe her name was?) highly recommend

Cramped! Otherwise, clean and the staff was lovely! Location is in the Old City!

Amazing staff that was extremely helpful. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends!

• 24th Jul 2014

We loved staying here, except for the stairs! It's located right at the top of Old town, so there are many stairs to be climbed. But the owners are so sweet and even let us borrow beach towels after we moved to another property.

The room was very nice, bed comfy and it all appeared very clean. Air con=massive bonus! There was a real lack of staff presence. I didn't see any staff when I arrived and there was no staff when I left. I do have to note: EARLY CHECK OUT?... Make sure they give you clear precise instructions for leaving!!! They lock the gate of the hostel and we could not get out.. Went through about 100 keys that were lying around. Ended up having to wake guests and someone's key randomly worked.. Stressful!

• 19th Jul 2014

Dear guest! Thank you for your note! Reception is closed from midnight to 8am, this is a reason why each guests gets a key! On the door there are instructions to do early check out! Best regards Matea

Was not greeted at the door, needed to leave at 5.30am for an early flight departure however as we went to leave the hostel door was padlocked. We did not have a key/ was not told about the door being locked so for 5.30am in the morning we are very confused- although reception knew we were leaving early they did not leave us a key- we had to wake up the 4 other girls in our room to ask for help. Was a very uncomfortable experience. I do not recommend staying here.

Dear Guest! Each guest upon check in gets a key to enter hostel. I am not sure why didnt you use your key :) Anyway, that early in morning anyone can be a bit confused! Hope to host you again here! All the best! Matea, hostel manager

We got a private and it was in the annexe building - walked up the zillion stairs to the hostel and then back down to old town then we had to hike back up the next day to change rooms. Not much hostel interaction, but very clean.

This hostel was great because the staff were fantastic! I got to Old Town Dubrovnik finding the hotel with no worries. The second day I was there I got sick; the staff took care of me like I was a king! I felt loved and cared for like I was at home. Location is perfect my bloody bathroom where I showered had the best view of the hole town! It was super clean throughout the time I stayed there. And on the plus side internet was everywhere!

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was in a great location in the old town of Dubrovnik. Staff were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The only downfall of this hostel is the size of the room, we stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm and it was VERY small so don't expect much. Considering the price you pay it was a little dissapointing. From what I have seen though if you want to stay in old town no matter where you stay you will pay high prices for small rooms. Overall a good hostel

This is such a lovely hostel in a charming old house. Kitchen and terrace areas really characterful and homey, very friendly and helpful staff. It is quite a climb to get there, but worth it!

Amazing hostel, would stay again and again.

awesome hostel! the staff was so nice, great atmosphere for meeting everyone else at the hostel and we absolutely loved the view from the balcony. was great to be right in the old town... definitely recommend this place!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4