7.9
Very Good 103 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 103 Total Reviews
Hostel Villa Carolina Located at Virginia E. Ortea No. 9, , Puerto Plata.
Dominican Republic
Puerto Plata 57000 Virginia E. Ortea No. 9
79% 103
19.7928141 -70.6885687
    Rooms available

27th May 2016

This is a gorgeous little gem in the heart of Puerto Plata. It's not so much a traditional hostel if you will but the old school charm and facilities gives you a throw back to the old school colonial charm. We were the only ones staying there at the time so there wasn't an opportunity to meet and greet other travelers but I felt at home and welcome. Nice and quiet with a beautiful court yard and simple yet delicious breakfast of coffee, fresh fruit, and toast. I recommend for a quiet stay.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
24th May 2016
2.0

I went there during the low season and no one was there for me at the reception. I was in the pouring rain alone outside the gate and I had to figure a way in. No one was there to tell me the Wi-Fi password. I kept waiting and waiting until I decided to leave.

• Canada, Female, 41+
25th Mar 2016

This is an older building. Full of original details and so much atmosphere and charm. We loved it. We asked for a pick up from the airport (extra charge). The owner and her family are so warm and accommodating. Very clean rooms and common areas. Spotless bed linens and towels. Simple breakfast of fruit and toast. Tea or coffee. Drinking water is available 24/7. Check out is 1 p.m. but we were able to stay until 2 p.m. Quiet location so very easy to sleep. Security gate. Ensuite bedrooms!

• thammarberg3594
  • Denmark, Male, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016

I really had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hostal. The owner, Francisca and her brother Julio are very lovely people. If I go to Puerto Plata again, I would definitly stay here again. Thanks!

• USA, Male, 31-40
10th Mar 2016
5.1

rooms were really small no refrigertor in the rooms also no tv. Wifi only works outside of tge room. Was not aware that outside guest were not allowed. Not a great experience

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2016
8.0

This is not really a hostel. It is very nice and clean with a double bed in the room but there weren't may people staying there and there are no dorms. The breakfast was great and the room is cheap if you're looking for a good cheap hotel