Very Good 177 Total Reviews
Very Good 177 Total Reviews
Hostel Villa Garden Located at Branitelja Dubrovnika 24, , Dubrovnik.
Croatia
Dubrovnik 20000 Branitelja Dubrovnika 24
74% 177
42.6438441 18.1016868
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
5.7

Hostel didn't really seem to know how it was being run, didn't know who was staying where or when people were leaving. Beds in the dorms are very very close together. WiFi was good and location is really close to the old town. Also is the cheapest in Dubrovnik, so wasn't too bad.

• europa838755
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
12th Aug 2016
6.6

The good: Darko the owner is very nice. This is one of the most affordable places you will find in close proximity to the Old Town. The bad: not the cleanest place, our room didn't smell very pleasant, especially the bathroom. We found clothes, candy, and a leftover condom in our room from the previous guests. Checkout is at 11, and if you need them to keep your bags for a bit, they will be left in a common area unsupervised where anyone can have access. Overall: you will survive here.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2016
7.7

Very hard to find as not signed very well and is not the spot google maps says. It's not a hostel but more of a guest house. The man who was looking after the place (family business) wasn't great at English, wasn't organised and was confused with what type of room I paid for. Weird that hostel world said no dorm rooms available and then there was when I got there so I had already booked a private room there. But would have preferred dorm room for less money which I couldn't change.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2016

Although a definite language barrier, host Darko is awesome, friendly and tries his best to communicate with guests. The location is perfect, less than a five minute stroll to old town, bars, restaurants and the city walls. Clean hostel and definitely homey- great for anyone willing to experience a hostel run by an authentic Croatian family. Not a big sign for the entry but right across from the bus stop and directions are easy to navigate!

6th Aug 2016

If you're on a budget, this is the cheapest place in Dubrovnik and its a very good location. Yeah, it has its quirks, but you'll survive. I'd stay here again.

29th Jul 2016

This is such a good place to stay, You'll feel comfortable and welcomed. The location makes it even better since it is just in the middle of everything, from the old and new town of Dubrovnik. They even offered to do my laundry for free which it was an offer I truly appreciated at that time even though I decided to do wash it myself.

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Jul 2016
4.6

I was a single female traveller and this was the most unique experience during my trip. I was placed in a small outbuilding in a garden by myself so never met any other travellers.There were good elements; like the owner who was friendly and I loved waking up and walking into a kitchen garden. But I was never showed the kitchen and it wasn't as clean as other hostels. However the location is amazing- 5 minutes from the pile gate and it was a unique experience. Stay if you are on a tight budget.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Jul 2016
7.4

The most expensive hostel I've stayed in, but Dubrovnik is extremely over-priced in general. Owners were mad as a bag of spiders and the father absolutely loves talking to you about anything and everything for ages. Location is great - less than 10mins walk to Pile Gate. The little kitchenette was quite ill-equipped but manageable. Our room of 5 had a nice ensuite and A/C but the beds were literally right beside each other which wasn't great - they should have just had 4 beds instead of 5.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2016
2.9

There was no one at reception when we got there at night despite being advertised as 24-hour reception. Also, an outdoor plastic table on a terrace with a handwritten book for passport details is not adequate for a reception desk. The receptionist also had us calculate the conversion rate ourselves. There needs to be more working power point in each room. The shower head needs to be attached to the wall.

• Chile, All Female Group, 25-30
15th Jul 2016

Darko (who we believe is the owner) is the best host in the world. After a two month trip around central and eastern Europe this is the best hostel we have stayed in. He went to pick us up from the bus station (but sadly we missed him). We arrived at the hostel and since it was full, he took us to a lovely apartment only for us. The second night we stayed in another property which was right in the middle of the old town, the perfect location for Dubrovnik.