Hostel Villa Garden Reviews

Branitelja Dubrovnika 24, Dubrovnik, Croatia

We stayed in stari grad guesthouse, Darko's 2nd property. Darko met us in Dubrovnik old town and brought us to the accommodation. He was very helpful and gave us recommendations of where to go, eat etc. the room was very clean and spacious. It was a twin room with an ensuite. There wasn't any window we could see out in the room but as we were in the centre of the old town we didn't stay long in the room. The location was excellent! I would highly recommend this to people travelling.

• 24th Aug 2015

The hostel is in a great location but that is the best thing I can say. I was there four nights. No one came to clean or change the linen. I took out my own trash. Hot water was sporadic as was the Internet. The reception area was actually outside where the owner slept. My room was ok but the main building smelled awful. Would not stay again.

The hostel itself was great - clean, spacious, good location. Our issue was with the staff. The man we paid upon arrival (the owner?) was extremely rude to us. He repeatedly hounded us for money even though we told him we had to run to an ATM and get cash. While I went to the ATM he entered our room unannounced and harassed the two female guests to pay him. When we attempted to get into the hostel that night the key to our room would not work and there was no staff available to help us.

• 13th Aug 2015

No receipt was given and i had to manually control the number mentioned as the price.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

considering the prices of other hostels in the area and the location, this was a good hostel. great aircon.

Perfect location. Rooms are comfortable and clean. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 29th May 2015