Hostel Villa Mary Reviews

Carrera 3 15-09, Taganga, Colombia

Great hostel- the owner Davide makes you feel at home immediately. Great common areas with hammocks, couches and tables. Air conditioning in the rooms at night. Breakfast prepared by Davide is awesome- eggs, toast, fruit, juice and coffee. It's located a couple blocks away from the beach which means you can escape the noise to sleep. Davide is more than happy to help with any questions you have regarding tours, scuba diving, transportation, restaurant recommendations, etc

• 29th Jan 2016

It was really good!! Nice place, nice staff, great breakfast, big kitchen to use and good WiFi connection.

I had a nice stay at villa Mary,kitchen very well equiped,nice atmosphere,ideal if you are looking for a quiet decent place,good luck Davide.

I loved this hostel. The breakfast was lovely, there's a hilarious parrot, and the friendly service from the owner, Davide, is beyond compare. I came at the recommendation of a friend, and I'm so glad I stayed here! (Ask for air conditioning in the private rooms. Taganga is HOT.)

Outstanding hostel. Best sleep in Colombia with AC and fan in the dorm. Relaxin hammock area, book exchange, incredible fresh breakfast and the most helpful host you could look for!! Can't recommend this hostel enough. Moy bien!!

Villa Mary was a nice hostel to relax at while I did a dive course in Taganga. Very friendly, helpful host David and other staff. Good kitchen. Aircon was great in the dorm. Definitely not a party hostel just a good place to kick back!

The very best for the money in Taganga. Thanks David for all your hard work to make it possible.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The owner is outstanding, very hands on. The place is clean and has some great hammocks. Definitely worth the stay while n Taganga.

David was very helpful and always had the answer to any question we asked. This isn't a party hostel but very relaxed & great vibe as we were in Taganga to get our dive ticket. It's quiet away from the Main Street, hammocks to relax in & plenty of movies to watch. David also helped us book our flights to the Galápagos.

David's breakfast was very good and he was so helpful organising everything. Loved the parrot too!

Great hostel with an amazing owner. David (owner) is quite possibly the most hospitable owner I've come across in my travels. He works very hard at what he does and ensures that all guests are well taken care of. He is also extremely knowledgeable about Taganga and surrounding areas. Not a party hostel if that's what you're looking for, but is a great place to relax and there is a nice little area with hammocks to chat with fellow travelers. Stay at Villa Mary! You won't regret it.

A great hostel and no complaints, David is a great host and I enjoyed my stay however you can find similar places at a cheaper price.

Davide is really nice , really relaxed and flexible and also knows everything about everything Hostel is cool, relaxed atmosphere, cool decor AIRCON IN DORMS Breakfast is good Clean & safe etc

Owner/host and family atmosphere at this hostel is excellent! Mattresses are brand new (they were replaced while I was staying in September) and a tad hard. Included breakfast is great. Location is just blocks from the central beach area. One thing to know is that they have a policy of turning on the air conditioning based on how many people are in the dorm; if it's fewer than 6, you have to pay extra.

The owner David went out of his way to help. He was very knowledgeable about the area. The hostel was as secure as it can be in Taganga. Taganga is a very noisy place, so the hostel was too noisy for me. I wound up moving to Santa Marta. This hostel is ideal for back packers and the location is perfect. David is a very nice host and a great person. I wish him all the best. Zorn

• 17th Sep 2015

We stayed at hostel villa mary for a week. I really enjoyed my time there and would stay there again if I ever return to taganga. Location is very close to the beach, the hostel is very safe and secure, it has a very home/family style feel and David is always there to help organize things, provide information and also cook good breakfast for you every morning. Also everyone in my dorm room was great which is an added bonus! Thanks and keep up the good work.

I stayed 2 weeks at Villa Mary and i enjoyed it a lot. This hostel has a great atmosphere, it has a home-style and makes you feel at home, clean and secure. Davide is always there for his guests. He helps you, give you all information that you need to make a trip around this area, makes every morning good breakfast. All staff members are nice and helpful too. Each time again! Sepcial +: every evening at around 7pm comes Lucinda (the bread-Lady), with the best selfmade bread at Taganga!

• 15th Sep 2015

David the owner made this experience, he was really helpful, gave us lots of good advice and made a lovely breakfast!

Friendly, and very helpful host and nice location in Taganga. Breakfast was good.

A nice hostel with a friendly atmosphere. Great location for diving in Taganga or as a base for Tayrona, Lost City, Minca, etc. David helped with the organisation for these trips as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3