Hostel Villa Mary Reviews

Carrera 3 15-09, Taganga, Colombia

David and his family are very welcoming and friendly people who make you directly feel at home. The rooms are spacious and David serves a great breakfast every morning. The hostel is also just a short walk away from the beach where you find lots of restaurants, bars and shops. We really liked our stay at villa mary and would return any time!

• 27th Jun 2015

Was happy staying here 4 nights. Two eggs, fruit, juice and coffee for breakfast. Excellent AC in the dorm from 8pm. Location is good (Taganga is tiny) and David the owner really goes out of his way to help his guests plan there excursions and onward travel, without calling himself a 'travel agent' and trying to take a cut as many hostels try to do. Internet was generally fine, kitchen has enough equipment. Parrot in the garden was a bonus! Would definitely stay again!

Friendly hostel with great staff, comfy hammocks and an excellent breakfast.

A very nice and cozy hostel, only a few steps away from Taganga Beach. The hostel has clean dorms with Aircon, a very nice social area with hammocks, rocking chairs, a large table and a parrot. The owner of the hostel is very helpfull and can give a lot of info on things to do around Taganga, incl trips to Tayrona. Definately recommend this Place!

It's a great place to just unwind and relax.David who runs it makes sure to make you feel like home and helps you with any inquiry the best way possible.The rooms are basic but very clean and with enough personal space in the dorms and comfortable beds. I loved the communal areas, very inviting with hammocks and lots of space to hang out, a speaking parrot and a screen to watch movies.Brekky is delicious as David serves Eggs with Bread, Fruits, Juice and Coffee. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed a week in Villa Mary on impulse because this hostel is such a good find! The beds are comfy and the dorms have excellent air con, cosy chill areas and the best included breakfast I've had in any hostel. Davide works incredibly hard and the work certainly pays off- any trip you need help planning he's happy to help and knows all there is to know about travel and the areas to travel to around Taganga

Davide was very kind to us, he was very thoughtful and ready to help us. He gave us very useful tips and recommendations for the rest of our trip. His breakfast was lovely and the place was very charming! Fair price.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great hostel with familiar flair. David takes care of every single guest, booking transport or dives. Really good breakfast with eggs, fruits and juice and towels are or free. The location is perfect if you don't want to stay in a party place but being close to the center and the parties. And of course: the AC was amazing (during the night)

Great hostel in the centre of Taganga..staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hostel.

• 18th Aug 2014

They did not have my reservation when I arrived, and I had made the reservation assuming that I had an airconditioned room. While everything worked out in the end, and they gave me the room I thought I had paid for, I had to spend a lot of time talking to various people and was treated as if it was my fault they didn't receive my reservation. The room was not very clean, even by colombian hostel standards, and I felt as if the staff was in different to the troubles I was having.

Friendly and helful run hostal, rooms very basic. But no one came and cleaned or emptied the toilet bin the whole 6 nights I stayed there, decided to move on so left early. Although my room locked, a simple push, force no more than putting key in lock caused it to open..... Room 6 guys

• 22nd Apr 2011

Lovely family run hostel with very welcoming and friendly owners. Only Spanish spoken, rooms are mostly accessed by spiral staircase ladder to first floor (where there are views out over bay). Free internet offered on family laptop.

• 30th Mar 2011
  • Scotland

Luckily I knew a bit of Spanish, but staff does not know any English, just an FYI. The hostel is not kept clean. The kitchen was always dirty with armys of ants crawling everywhere. When we arrived our sheets were dirty, and our room had wasps living in small holes in the wall, one of which stung me the last morning we were there. The only thing that I can say positive is the location.

Good hostel, right in the middle of things. The hostel had good character and the owner was very friendly and helpful.

Really good kitchen, nice common areas, friendly staff. The singles looked all right but the dorm room wasn't that great. I don't think it or the bathroom was cleaned once while I was there, there was never any toilet paper, and the water and electricity would be go off at odd moments. But the huge well-equipped kitchen kind of made up for it.

Excellent hostel! Staff super friendly and helpful, great advice on things to do, places to visit, eat etc. Lovely owner. They went out of their way for us. Close to everything. Good kitchen & common areas. Been traveling in South America for 9 months & this was one of the better places we've stayed. Thanks Villa Mary.