Hostel Villa Mary Reviews

Carrera 3 15-09, Taganga, Colombia

They did not have my reservation when I arrived, and I had made the reservation assuming that I had an airconditioned room. While everything worked out in the end, and they gave me the room I thought I had paid for, I had to spend a lot of time talking to various people and was treated as if it was my fault they didn't receive my reservation. The room was not very clean, even by colombian hostel standards, and I felt as if the staff was in different to the troubles I was having.

Friendly and helful run hostal, rooms very basic. But no one came and cleaned or emptied the toilet bin the whole 6 nights I stayed there, decided to move on so left early. Although my room locked, a simple push, force no more than putting key in lock caused it to open..... Room 6 guys

• 22nd Apr 2011

Lovely family run hostel with very welcoming and friendly owners. Only Spanish spoken, rooms are mostly accessed by spiral staircase ladder to first floor (where there are views out over bay). Free internet offered on family laptop.

• 30th Mar 2011
  • Scotland

Luckily I knew a bit of Spanish, but staff does not know any English, just an FYI. The hostel is not kept clean. The kitchen was always dirty with armys of ants crawling everywhere. When we arrived our sheets were dirty, and our room had wasps living in small holes in the wall, one of which stung me the last morning we were there. The only thing that I can say positive is the location.

Good hostel, right in the middle of things. The hostel had good character and the owner was very friendly and helpful.

Really good kitchen, nice common areas, friendly staff. The singles looked all right but the dorm room wasn't that great. I don't think it or the bathroom was cleaned once while I was there, there was never any toilet paper, and the water and electricity would be go off at odd moments. But the huge well-equipped kitchen kind of made up for it.

Excellent hostel! Staff super friendly and helpful, great advice on things to do, places to visit, eat etc. Lovely owner. They went out of their way for us. Close to everything. Good kitchen & common areas. Been traveling in South America for 9 months & this was one of the better places we've stayed. Thanks Villa Mary.