Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

The worst service ever. They have an ambiguous, not explained. They didnt let me stay but Telf me they where gong to charge me for first night. I asked the for an email explained but I never received it. Also the way they treat me was very unpolite. If you like problems in your holidays book in another Hostel.

Amazing hostel!! Amazing staff, rooms are gorgeous. Common areas have the best vibe... Court yards overlooking the ocean or sunbeds to chill out on. Pub crawl every night and they have a bar at the hostel too!!! they also organize other social events during the day to check out more islands! Highly recommend staying here!!! If they just had security lockers this place would be 100%!!! Only regret is not staying longer!!!

I think its a little over hyped. The terrace is great, but annoying that you have to use the bar and can't bring in your own alcohol. The bar crawl is fun, but only 2 bars. Wifi is TERRIBLE - the worst of any hostel I've ever stayed in - and there aren't enough plug sockets and no lights by beds. To me, these 3 things are pretty essential for hostels! I also felt quite old here at 25. Would recommend only for young party trips, not for those who are actually travelling/a bit older.

The owner and the staff were really nice. The place is pricey, but all of Hvar is in main season and still this is cheapest solution.

Hostel was extremely clean with very good facilities. Staff seemed stressed out and not the friendliest. Owner was abrupt and not overly helpful. Hostel has its own bar so beware you cannot bring your own alcohol there which adds to cost if on a budget. Overall pleasant stay.

I have travelled around more than 25 countries and this hostel is the worst ever stayed. I got the hostel around 10 pm and a party was taking place in my room. I had driven more than 10 hours and a half from Kotor and I needed to rest. More than 12 girls were shouting and doing whatever except let me rest. I knew it would be a long night because if they were going out together, that meant to come back together then they would wake me up when they arrived. Precisely this is what happened.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Staff were abrupt and a little rude especially when it came to asking about age. Owner had my passport in hand when she asked - she could have just looked and made everything less awkward. Also you don't accept someone's booking and have them haul their stuff to your hostel in the rain to be greeted in that manner. Most annoyingly, beds absolutely stunk of body odor - those sheets hadn't been changed. Overpriced and over hyped.

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel was really nice! Staff is very relaxed and helpful. The layout of the whole place was like being at a summer beach house, with an outside kitchen, bar, and patio. I was in two rooms, one with a balcony with a great view and a massive one with 10 beds that was really spacious. One thing though, when the blinds are open for the girls bathroom upstairs, everyone can see in that walks by. Just a heads up.

The best hostel ever! The staff are amazing, so friendly and welcoming from the moment you arrive. Really clean and communal showers and toilets as well as dorm bathroom. Great location not far from the beach. The pub crawl every night is great, really easy to meet people and the staff look after you, they made my birthday amazing! Did not want to leave.

Brilliant hostel, in a good location. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The hostel has a bar which is really cheap and the bar crawl is a great idea as its good for getting to know people. Great hostel, would defo reccommend.

• 11th Aug 2015

We stayed here last year and came back! This is the BEST hostel-the staff are so wonderful and we were treated like family by the Skansi's! Nick and Peter lead an amazing bar crawl every night, getting everyone involved! The hostel bar is great for socialising and is SO cheap - 2 pounds for a gin and tonic!! this is now our home away from home and we plan to come back every year. Security is perfect and the aircon works like a dream. You would be crazy not to stay here! BIG LOVE to the team x

Obsessed with this place!! Would've stayed longer if I hadn't had other plans. Stay here!

They were really welcoming in arrival, but after that they were a little cold and not very friendly. I found that unless you are drinking and partying in a group the whole time they don't want to I know. If you took the time to talk to the solo travellers more then they might end up spending more at the bar! No alcohol from the outside allowed. Also the thing I found the hardest was wearing the luminous wristband. I felt like someone from a cheap all inclusi resort not an independent traveller

• 9th Aug 2015

Great place!!! Had me begging to book more nights :)

Great for solo travelers! The staff is great and they interact with all the guests. There's a pub crawl which is an awesome way to meet people (plus you get two free shots). This is definitely a party hostel in a party town. The kitchen is pretty well equipped but note that some of your food (even if it's labeled and in a bag) might get eaten by someone random. Overall it's a great time!

I had several strange interactions with the staff, seemed as if they were trying to insult me and/or try to assert dominance over the social gatherings (for obvious reasons). Or they could genuinely have that sort of personality, which I doubt. Either way, they didn't achieve their goals is this was the case. Great open plan kitchen area and views from the outside bar and our room. Another MAJOR plus was being able to set the air conditioning independently.

Staff extremely friendly and supportive in all regards. Felt welcome and comfortable at any time. This is the hostel to be in. :) BR, Bjoern

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at villa Skansi, location was a 10 minute walk from the main harbour also with a beach and convenience store on the doorstep. Would recommend the hostel for individual/group of travelers as the daily bar crawl and terrace bar are ideal for meeting other like minded people. 10/10 would definitely visit again.

• 1st Aug 2015

The hostel itself felt secure but we felt cautious as to where to leave our belongings due to the mess left in the dorms by other travelers. There was a great emphasis on the "Pub Crawl" which turned out to be only two bars and then left to our own devices to get to Carpe Diem - the only club on the island open past 2am. Unfortunately the abruptness of the receptionist upon early check out was the most disappointing of it all. Don't expect to get much sleep here either.

Its a good big hostel, but too expensive for what they offer. All the staff are helpful and want to make you always have fun. Its well located and have a good bar inside the hostel, so its good for who want to party. In spite of the high price charged for the accomodation, they also charge for the towel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7