Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

This hostel gives you everything it says it will however as it is so popular and successful the place lacks atmosphere. I do not recommend this hostel if you wish to relax, and have a taste of Croatia. The place is filled with judgemental youths wishing to get drunk and leave there stuff all over the floor.

Amazing hostel - we stayed here for 8 nights and loved it. We were in the 14 bed dorm which was cleaned daily, toilets and shower in the room. Atmosphere was great and staff really friendly and fun, pub crawl every night was great way to meet people and everyone up for a good time. Highly recommend and will definitely be going back!! Thanks for a great time :D

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Really overrated.I stayed in a lot of hostel around the world and this is probably the worst I've stayed in.It is clean and well located but this is just a party place where young people get drunk.I was in a dorm and there is no secured lock for backpacks which really sucks and no electric plug neither bed light. Things that are essential for me for a hostel.There was a girl at the reception that looked a bit dummy when I asked her questions.For me Hvar was the worst city in Croatia.

• 24th Aug 2015

Amazing hostel!! Amazing staff, rooms are gorgeous. Common areas have the best vibe... Court yards overlooking the ocean or sunbeds to chill out on. Pub crawl every night and they have a bar at the hostel too!!! they also organize other social events during the day to check out more islands! Highly recommend staying here!!! If they just had security lockers this place would be 100%!!! Only regret is not staying longer!!!

Clean, comfortable, and an absolute blast! Had such a good time here! Close to the town, walked in less than 10 minutes to the main square. Had a great time at the pub crawl where we got to meet a ton of other people, some from our hostel, some not. Got lots of free drinks (rare as a man). Hostel itself was cool place to hang out. Not loud at night, but very social overall. Would definitely recommend.

Very nice hostel, it is pricey but once you are there you realise it is worth it. Interiors are more like a hotel, fantastic atmosphere both in the daytime for meeting people to go exploring with and in the nighttime with their nightly pub crawl/party in the hostel. Would happily stay again and recommend to those willing to spend that little bit more for a luxury hostel. Can't bring in your own drink as there's a bar on site which is a tad annoying though but boozing on nearby beach is an option

I think its a little over hyped. The terrace is great, but annoying that you have to use the bar and can't bring in your own alcohol. The bar crawl is fun, but only 2 bars. Wifi is TERRIBLE - the worst of any hostel I've ever stayed in - and there aren't enough plug sockets and no lights by beds. To me, these 3 things are pretty essential for hostels! I also felt quite old here at 25. Would recommend only for young party trips, not for those who are actually travelling/a bit older.

The owner and the staff were really nice. The place is pricey, but all of Hvar is in main season and still this is cheapest solution.

The staff was drunk or hungover pretty much all the time. A guy came into our room one night around 5am, switched on the light. Super loud and had trouble articulating. He was showing some new guy his bed, but clearly forgot it was the middle of the night and that there were 9 people there sleeping. Doors are always open and the staff comes in all the time. One of the cleaning girls spent most of her time in our room, clearly hitting on the guys that stayed with us. This place is a whole mess.

Hostel was extremely clean with very good facilities. Staff seemed stressed out and not the friendliest. Owner was abrupt and not overly helpful. Hostel has its own bar so beware you cannot bring your own alcohol there which adds to cost if on a budget. Overall pleasant stay.

I have travelled around more than 25 countries and this hostel is the worst ever stayed. I got the hostel around 10 pm and a party was taking place in my room. I had driven more than 10 hours and a half from Kotor and I needed to rest. More than 12 girls were shouting and doing whatever except let me rest. I knew it would be a long night because if they were going out together, that meant to come back together then they would wake me up when they arrived. Precisely this is what happened.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Staff were abrupt and a little rude especially when it came to asking about age. Owner had my passport in hand when she asked - she could have just looked and made everything less awkward. Also you don't accept someone's booking and have them haul their stuff to your hostel in the rain to be greeted in that manner. Most annoyingly, beds absolutely stunk of body odor - those sheets hadn't been changed. Overpriced and over hyped.

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel was really nice! Staff is very relaxed and helpful. The layout of the whole place was like being at a summer beach house, with an outside kitchen, bar, and patio. I was in two rooms, one with a balcony with a great view and a massive one with 10 beds that was really spacious. One thing though, when the blinds are open for the girls bathroom upstairs, everyone can see in that walks by. Just a heads up.

As a single traveler I could not have stayed in a better place. The hostel with its bar and evening program made it a perfect place to meet people. Staff is very friendly and helpful. However, in my room many lockers were broken, so that was not an ideal situation. Also, be aware of very messy rooms. There are people staying for a week or more and the rooms look accordingly... Staff tries to clean as good as possible. So if you can overlook that, it's an awesome place!

We loved the hostel ! Ideal location and great party atmosphere on the pub crawls. The watermelon and welcome to the hostel was a lovely touch. The cleanliness was definitely one of the best we experienced in any hostel. Also Marco the owner really made us feel welcome and special when he surprised us with a free bottle of vodka and mixers on our last night and croissants and coffee the following morning! The only issue we had was that one of the fridges did not seem to cool the contents properl

• 11th Aug 2015

The best hostel ever! The staff are amazing, so friendly and welcoming from the moment you arrive. Really clean and communal showers and toilets as well as dorm bathroom. Great location not far from the beach. The pub crawl every night is great, really easy to meet people and the staff look after you, they made my birthday amazing! Did not want to leave.

Brilliant hostel, in a good location. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The hostel has a bar which is really cheap and the bar crawl is a great idea as its good for getting to know people. Great hostel, would defo reccommend.

• 11th Aug 2015

We stayed here last year and came back! This is the BEST hostel-the staff are so wonderful and we were treated like family by the Skansi's! Nick and Peter lead an amazing bar crawl every night, getting everyone involved! The hostel bar is great for socialising and is SO cheap - 2 pounds for a gin and tonic!! this is now our home away from home and we plan to come back every year. Security is perfect and the aircon works like a dream. You would be crazy not to stay here! BIG LOVE to the team x

Obsessed with this place!! Would've stayed longer if I hadn't had other plans. Stay here!

They were really welcoming in arrival, but after that they were a little cold and not very friendly. I found that unless you are drinking and partying in a group the whole time they don't want to I know. If you took the time to talk to the solo travellers more then they might end up spending more at the bar! No alcohol from the outside allowed. Also the thing I found the hardest was wearing the luminous wristband. I felt like someone from a cheap all inclusi resort not an independent traveller

• 9th Aug 2015