Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

Hands down best hostel I have ever stayed in! Not only is the atmosphere great but the facilities are in perfect condition (most comfortable beds I have ever slept on). The staff is friendly and helpful and the pub crawl crew knows how to throw down! If you ever go to Croatia I would recommend going to Hvar just so you can stay at this hostel!

Great stay, friendly people, great pub crawl!

Lots of fun, probably best for the 18-24 age range.

The only place to stay in Hvar! Great staff to make sure you have lots of fun, very friendly. The hostel has a beautiful terrace and view of the ocean which is fantastic. The location is ideal, just a 5 min walk to the beach and local shop and a 10min walk to all of the bars. The only negative is that the cleaning was perhaps a bit over the top. The lovely staff seemed a bit pressured to keep things immaculate which was at times uncomfortable. All in all a great hostel, definitely recommend

This is one of the great hostels! Staff were really friendly, clean rooms and bathrooms and a great atmosphere out on the terrace at night before heading out. A must stay if your in Hvar! Would also highly recommend doing the speed boat tour that the hostel organises daily.

Staff are amazing. I was given a room with four other spoilt brats who were anything but friendly so i they changed me soon enough to another room. Pub crawl is great! The boat excursion they offer to book is kind of sham but you will have a great time anyway. Downside: you can tell the owner is a clean freak because the girls are going in and out the entire day, cleaning; its officially exploitation and you are always getting the feeling you are in their way.

A great experience! Perfect if you are travelling on your own! Only thing I would improve was about the boat trips, they just gather the people in a list and then you are on your own, so we were a bit delayed as nobody was in charge... I'd either ask someone from the hostel to gather the people and go to the place or someone from the boat rental to do it

Staff are really friendly, drinks at the hostel cheaper than others bars and great location! Perfect party hostel.

Nice and chill staff! Pub crawl was great fun!

great place

Wonderful staff, everyone there is so nice, had a wonderful time! Super nice party place.

Bathrooms are constantly cleaned :) Kitchen was great but no oil available :( the only alcohol allowed is from the bar. Even if you have closed bottles of alcohol, the staff take it without notice because of the strict zero tolerance to alcohol rule. Air con is great. Wifi is TERRIBLE. The hostel is two minutes from the supermarket. Receptionists are very friendly :) Bar crawl is repetitive. We enjoyed the atmosphere in the evening. The rep, Scott, is very nice. (Talk to him about the moon!)

First of all - if you like going to bed early, this is not the right place for you. But if you love meeting people from all over the world and partying with them, this is the place to go. The pubcrawl was amazing, as was chilling on the terace, discovering the beautiful town of Hvar and of course the speed boat trip to the blue cave organized by the Hostel. The staff was really great too, so friendly and helpful all the time. I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Skansi and would love to come back!

Out of all the hostels I said at on my Eurotrip this was my favorite. The hostel was clean and nice staff was super friendly and the amenities were great.

Hostel Villa Skansi is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in Europe. The receptionists, pub crawl leaders and owner Julia are all lovely. Every night there's a free pub crawl where everyone from the hostel goes out and parties together. This hostel is the easiest hostel to meet fellow travellers I've ever come across. Always had a similar number of guys to girls during my stay which is a breath of fresh air from other hostels. If your going to Hvar this hostel is a must stay.

First the good: Incredible outdoor terraces and comfortable furniture. Nice size kitchen, fully stocked. Hostel staff has great energy and is very accommodating. The free pub crawl with free shots is a blast. The beds are very comfortable. Now the bad: Terrible WiFi. You have to pay for your towel (10 Kuna). You cannot drink your own alcohol at the hostel since they have a bar. Toilets are cramped. Lockers are smallish.

Very good atmosphere as it's reputation precedes them. Always a good crowd around and nightly pub crawl so you're never left with a boring night. There are also mopeds that you can hire to ride around Hvar and see the other towns on the island.

This hostel is awesome , i really recommend it to everybody Who is travelling there , the hostel is really pretty nice and good atmosphère... at the first i was really desagree with hostel but here it really change my mind about hostels its really fun ... love there ... This is à spécial message to the staff , you guys are awesome .... we really enjoyed ours stay with you guys ... keep it like that !!! It gonna miss me .... Hope to see you guys soon maybe one day ;) Mr S. (Islandfun)

• 24th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Amazing stay!! The staff are great, the atmosphere is even better. Would 100% return and would definitely recommend. Thanks for a wicked time

The lounge area is very nice and check in was pleasant although there seemed to be a lot only confusion and unnecessary inconveniences that could have been avoided. For example, I stayed 3 nights and every night my roommates had to change rooms to another room and one night there was a mix up and too many people were assigned one room and one couple was split up.. Also they do not allow outside alcohol but instead provide a bar with pricy drinks that are not great or strong. expected more:(

Hi, i want to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.I also wanted to explain why people moved room ...since lots of people decide to extend their stay cause they have a great time here then we accommodate them in any available dorm at that day and everyone is happy that they can stay with us,no matter in which dorm.Also our prices on bar are 2- 3 times cheaper than anywhere in town. Cheers