Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

Hostel Villa Skansi is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in Europe. The receptionists, pub crawl leaders and owner Julia are all lovely. Every night there's a free pub crawl where everyone from the hostel goes out and parties together. This hostel is the easiest hostel to meet fellow travellers I've ever come across. Always had a similar number of guys to girls during my stay which is a breath of fresh air from other hostels. If your going to Hvar this hostel is a must stay.

First the good: Incredible outdoor terraces and comfortable furniture. Nice size kitchen, fully stocked. Hostel staff has great energy and is very accommodating. The free pub crawl with free shots is a blast. The beds are very comfortable. Now the bad: Terrible WiFi. You have to pay for your towel (10 Kuna). You cannot drink your own alcohol at the hostel since they have a bar. Toilets are cramped. Lockers are smallish.

Very good atmosphere as it's reputation precedes them. Always a good crowd around and nightly pub crawl so you're never left with a boring night. There are also mopeds that you can hire to ride around Hvar and see the other towns on the island.

This hostel is awesome , i really recommend it to everybody Who is travelling there , the hostel is really pretty nice and good atmosphère... at the first i was really desagree with hostel but here it really change my mind about hostels its really fun ... love there ... This is à spécial message to the staff , you guys are awesome .... we really enjoyed ours stay with you guys ... keep it like that !!! It gonna miss me .... Hope to see you guys soon maybe one day ;) Mr S. (Islandfun)

• 24th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Amazing stay!! The staff are great, the atmosphere is even better. Would 100% return and would definitely recommend. Thanks for a wicked time

The lounge area is very nice and check in was pleasant although there seemed to be a lot only confusion and unnecessary inconveniences that could have been avoided. For example, I stayed 3 nights and every night my roommates had to change rooms to another room and one night there was a mix up and too many people were assigned one room and one couple was split up.. Also they do not allow outside alcohol but instead provide a bar with pricy drinks that are not great or strong. expected more:(

Hi, i want to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.I also wanted to explain why people moved room ...since lots of people decide to extend their stay cause they have a great time here then we accommodate them in any available dorm at that day and everyone is happy that they can stay with us,no matter in which dorm.Also our prices on bar are 2- 3 times cheaper than anywhere in town. Cheers

My stay in Villa Skansi was amazing. Most of team make an effort to be welcoming and friendly. They organize pub crawls and boat trips in order to make the guests take profit of the city and interact with themselves The structure of the hostel is also real nice. The rooms are always clean (liken in a real hotel), the kitchen is big and theres a nice landscape from the beach on the bar. The only problem I had was a lack on security, because I lost a belonging of mine and i couldnt recover it.

• 21st Jun 2015

We stayed at Villa Skansi for 5 nights in room 2 (couple in private room). The welcome was excellent, the receptionists, reps, bar tender etc all made an effort to show us what Hvar had to offer. We rated security as average because the front door to room 2 was a bit dodgy and probably needs to be replaced. Also, the option of a safe would have given some piece of mind. The boat trip was fantastic- highly recommend! The bar crawl was really fun! And the prices at the hostel bar are great!

had such a good time in this lively party hostel! awesome location amazing view and wonderful staff!

Stayed in two hostels in Hvar and this hostel was by far the best! The hostel had employed party reps who ensured everyone's needs were catered to, whether that be going out at night, or hiring a boat during the day. These guys were here to help you out! Facilities within the hostel were excellent and the staff contributed towards the amazing atmosphere within the hostel. Don't stay anywhere else!

Excellent hostel, higly recomended. Party place

Had a great stay at Skansi. A mate and I were only on Hvar for a couple of nights and this hostel did the job. Great atmosphere- it's a party hostel! Only downside was the wifi didn't reach the rooms and was pretty temperamental. Also, whilst the reps were cool guys, they were a little invasive and told us that they didn't work on commission which was an obvious lie (later heard them talking about how much they were raking in!). All in all, it was a good hostel- top pillows as well!

LOVED my stay here. The rooms and facilities are clean. Its a social atmosphere; we hung out on the terrace every night and got drinks from the bar. Scott, Alex, and Jade are THE BEST. They ran the pub crawl, which is free and a lot of fun! All three went out of their way to make sure that everybody had a great night! When my sister and I accidentally separated from the pub crawl, they went out of their way to find us and make sure we got on the ferry to the last stop, Carpe Diem.

So.much.fun. Huge hostel that has a small hostel feel in that everyone hangs out and goes out together. Owner was nice and friendly, staff was super fun. Had to move beds each night since it was always booked out so if you get a room, book for a few nights in advance. But by far the most fun hostel I've stayed in 7 months of traveling. They've also got a really fun surprise if you show up on your birthday and are a guy!

I had an amazing experience here! I extended my stay an extra night because I wasn't ready to leave and enjoyed it so much. The staff is fun and so nice also! The environment is very social, which is perfect for the island and what I was looking for. The rooms are nice and the location is a little bit of a hike but did not bring down the experience at all. I would definitely go back in a heart beat!

Most fun hostel in my 7 months of traveling.

Great party hostel great island great people

Having such a full kitchen was awesome to cut down on food costs as Croatia in general is a bit more expensive. The place is quite large so you meet tons of people in their mid twenties who are keen to party and have fun. We stayed in one of the 14 person dorms and it was fine. With that many people in a room the floor space was a little crowded and viable outlets for charging could be increased. Overall we were quite happy with our stay and would recommend this place to others.

A really good hostel. Very chilled in the daytime but had pubcrawls and stuff organised at night for people who wanted to party. About five minutes from the town. The Hostel itself is really nice with an outdoor kitchen and eating area with lots of chill out space.

Lovely hostel! The staff were amazing and the facilities are great

• 12th Jun 2015