Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

Absolutely loved this hostel! It was beautiful, had a lovely view, and was only about a 10 minute walk to the city center and beaches. It was a very social hostel, and the terraces and kitchen were great places to make friends! Highly recommend staying here if you are in Hvar!

Incredible place and location! Never wanted to leave. Very friendly and helpful staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Bathrooms could be a little cleaner, location is slightly out of old town. Otherwise, perfect!

My favorite hostel in Europe. I came here 3 weeks ago and just came back and booked 2 more weeks. Staff is amazing scenery is amazing and night life is crazy!! I want to live here!!

If you want to party then this is the hostel to come to. They offer free pub crawls (but don't disregard paid ones because they go to other bars which may be more fun) and a large area for socialising as well as a large kitchen to cook. If you want to get a full nights sleep, this may not be the place to go as it attracted a younger 20s crowd with some being a little disrespectful in the rooms.

Staff were all awesome, especially Jade leading the pub crawls every night! The upstairs terrace was beautiful, and had a great vibe. Drinks at the bar were cheap, and the kitchen was large enough for everyone to share. Security guards at night made you feel safe, and the rooms were spacious and air conditioned. Lots of fun activity and dinning suggestions from the staff as well. Deffinetely will be returning!

By far the best hostel in Hvar!!!!

We just left and my friends and I all said-- "definitely the best hostel we have ever stayed in". So open, cozy and a beautiful backdrop. Pub crawl is free and fun for all the new friends you make just hanging out in a common area or cooking in their huge kitchen. If you stay in Hvar, stay there.

awesome place!! great atmosphere, chilled during the day and free pub crawls every night, so you'll meet loads of people!

Overall a great hostel that is the place to stay for young people in Hvar. Very large with a lot of nice big common areas, and even a bar! Given the distance to Hvar's waterfront bars (15 min walk), having this bar is a nice amenity as a guest, although prices aren't great.

Love this place! Awesome staff and they put on a great pub crawl. The terrace and kitchen make it so easy to meet people. Best shower I've ever taken also which was shocking considering its a hostel but pleasantly surprised. Extended my stay a night and am already booked to go back for another week!

It was clean and beautiful place, and really near to the downtown. However, the air conditioner was not working very good in the scorching hot summer.

Overall a good hostel with a couple of things to note. Despite being a party hostel you cannot bring your own alcohol and this is enforced. They have their own bar, prices (as of June 2015) are 15 kuna for a 300ml beer, 30 kuna for 500ml (no that's not a typo), 20 kuna for a mixer of spirits/soda, 40 kuna for a cocktail. The showers are hot only in the evening. Wifi is poor. Atmosphere is good and the staff are great. Location is fine.

Awesome hostel with great vibes. Met amazing people and everyone is friendly and ready to have a good time. Do a pub crawl each night (free) and everyone that works there is super nice. Have a strict quiet rule from 10PM on.

The best part of staying at this hostel is that the environment allows you to be very social. There are many solo travellers/small groups so everyone was looking to meet people. I met and talked to everyone staying at the hostel both of my nights there. One morning two of us decided we wanted to rent a boat (for which we needed 12 people) and found our entire group within 10 minutes.

Such a wonderful time, staff are so friendly and helpful, made so many friends with all other guests. totally recommend this place to everyone.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was about 50% of the reason I LOVED Hvar. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful with everything. The kitchen is the best I've seen while traveling, plus it creates such a friendly atmosphere for the guests. This place attracts some of the coolet people I've met and it's so worth having a stay, and go for more than one night. I stayed for three and that wasn't enough. The entire hostel is cleaned daily and there is air conditioning in the rooms, which is such a plus!

Had an amazing time at Villa Skansi. Staff were great and the atmosphere was really fun

I stayed in a private room with 3 friends, we had a massive balcony and was very clean. The pub crawl ever night was a good way to meet new people and would stay again.

This was the best hostel we have stayed at during our trip through Europe! The location is great, the staff is super friendly and fun, the place is very clean and comfortable as well. Couldn't have asked for anything better. A special thank you to Bojana for being so nice, giving great recommendations, and going out having fun with us. I recommend this to anyone looking to meet people and party. Thanks Villa Skansi!!