Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

This was by far the best place that I stayed at. The rooms are spacious and mine had a terrace with a great view. The staff is really friendly and they have a large patio/bar area that makes it easy to meet people. Kitchen facilities downstairs are nice too. Scotty, Rhys and Alex run the bar crawl each night and they are awesome guys that make everyone feel welcome. I highly recommend staying here, you will meet great people and have a blast. -will

Great stay , loved every moment of it !

Very helpful staff and great atmosphere. Recommend the pub crawl! Would stay here again

Very socialable youth hostel. The atmosphere is great, you can feel the party mood every night. The pubcrawl organised every night also helps to meet new people. I just think its very expensive for a bed in a 8bed dorm

My cousin and I stayed in one of the private rooms. It was very clean and well presented. The hostel itself is great. There's a big kitchen with everything you may need, a bar with organised bar crawls if you want to meet new people and some really pleasant staff who are very helpful and friendly, especially the owners. (They let us extend our stay in a more expensive room but same price, gave me free cocktails on my birthday and we're just genuinely nice people who love what they do)

My friend and I have told just about everyone we spoke with who was traveling to Hvar to stay here. The atmosphere was amazing, and for us, that is one of the most important things when it comes to hostel life. We met some great people here that we are planning to meet up with later in our Euro trip- it makes sense that Nick never left. Meanwhile the staff were great. Reese and Scotty are both awesome guys, and Nick (who will be employed in August) is a fantastic guy as well. We loved skansi!

• 17th Jul 2015

Great party atmosphere and beautiful kitchen facilities. There's an open-air kitchen at patio at the back of the hostel which is stunning. Our room was nice and the Air con was good. It was a bit of a walk to town and the main beaches, but nothing too bad.

Very much a party hostel, free pub crawl is the main selling point! However it is on the top of a hill which is hard to keep walking up and down in the heat. Reception staff were quite miserable when I arrived and pub crawl staff are fun but very much have their own agendas.

too noisy at night because of the party group

nice hostel that is really well put together. doesnt really have much of an atmosphere and bar crawl was okay.

Probably one of the best places I have stayed at, such good facilities, excellent common area. The staff are sooo nice! the ladies at the front can help with anything you need. There is a bar crawl every night, the staff round everyone up so if you are a solo traveller its a fantastic way of meeting people. The boys who run it are fantastic as well!!

Such a great hostel, would recommend to Anybody

A big disappointment. Average location and a unclean room with a broken lock on the toliet door and room door. Definitely not 100% and beware of staying here.

The staff here were amazing. So friendly and welcoming! If you go here go on the free pub crawl with them, it's always a good time! Would recommend staying here for a great time!!

Great hostel, wonderful views from the terraces, very easy to meet people either at the pub crawl or at the boat trip. definitely would recommend it!

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

Absolutely on point, a must stay in Hvar, there are no other hostels that I would recommend more. Price is cheap, wifi is good, facilities are great, it's really clean and most importantly for young travellers it has an AMAZING atmosphere. Honestly if you stay in hvar there is nowhere else you should consider, this is the place!

It is a party hostel so not really my style but I have to say for that many people one of the cleanest one! They have a huge outdoor kitchen and patio that serves as common room. The room I stayed at myself felt bit claustrophobic, in basement, no window with 12 beds (6 bunks). I stayed only for half of my reservation. But on the other hand they had free pub crawl every night!

Fantastic place to stay, great staff, very clean, great location and a free bar crawl every night!

Really comfy beds, and pretty clean. Pub crawl every night is fun, but the staff puts a little too much peer pressure into doing it. Great atmosphere and easy to meet people!

By far one of the best hostel I've stayed at. So comfortable and very clean. Staff are super friendly and take everyone out on bar crawls every night and play drinking games with you. It was probably the best pillow I've had in 3months. Only down side is they have there own bar which means no alcohol but they are pretty reasonable prices. Will definitely be coming back here again!!! Thanks for everything!