Hostel Villa Skansi Reviews

Domovinskog rata 18, Hvar, Croatia

The facilities were very good and we found everything we needed from the kitchen. Also it was very clean at the hostel. However, the atmosphere wasn't very good, mainly because if you didn't want to go on a pub crawl and instead hang out at the hostel it wasn't really possible, since if you didn't go out you had to go to your room at 10pm and stay quiet. We didn't feel like we were treated as adults but as teens, which on the other hand is understandable since the hostel is a "youth hostel".

AMAZING STAY. This was our favourite hostel from the entire trip. The organized bar crawl and social atmosphere was incredible for travelling solo or in twos (which we were). We had our own apartment with a balcony that had the most incredible view of the ocean. Very great location and very safe hostel.

I appreciate the fact that everything was really clean but i didn't like that the cleaning ladies entered the room without even knocking on the door. They were also kindda pushy when we were leaving the room and started cleaning when one of my friends was still dressing up.

• 25th May 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for compliment that we are a clean hostel .We are opened 24/7 and we try to clean when people are not in their dorms twice per day, during the day when they are out or during the evening.

My time at Hostel Skansi was so incredible I never wanted to leave and ended up extending my stay. The facilities are clean, there's an amazing view overlooking the ocean, free pubcrawl every night, and the best staff that are so friendly and welcoming and make the place feel like home. Everything is walking distance and the staff answered my million questions with a smile. Shout out to Julia, Bojana, and Isabel!!! Be back soon :)

This hostal is just amazing, it has the perfect view to chillax and so close from the beach, since the beginning you feel like you've arrived to the right place! friendly staff, perfect receivement and the best dancing pub crawl leaders !!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Mexico

I would highly recommend this hostel. All of the staff are very nice and helpful, the facilities are clean, and there are plenty of social opportunities to meet the staff and the other guests. I originally planned to stay in Hvar for two nights but ended up staying for four nights because I was having such a great time here, and the hostel was a big part of that. Shoutout to Julia, Bojana, Vadranna, and Isabel, some of the coolest hostel staff out there.

Staff was very helpful and they organise a pub crawl almost every night.

Free pub crawl every night which lends to everyone getting together and talking which is perfect for solo travellers.

Loved Hvar! The hostel had a beautiful view. The hosts are fun and take you on a pub crawl! In general, a party atmosphere so great if that's what you're looking for. Met a lot of fun people at this hostel.

The rooms could have used a little maintenance and the ceiling was pretty moldy. But, the staff and activites are great.

Awesome hostel with good clean facilities friendly staff and they organise social activities for you. I stayed in a dorm with a beautiful view over the harbour.

Had a great time at the hostel, good cooking facilities and everywhere was very clean despite the large number of people staying at the hostel! Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and there is always something going on in the evenings to get involved in. Not somewhere for people after a quiet night in.

I loved this hostel. Its a beautiful hostel, staff is very nice, its clean and has a fantastic kitchen where you can cook your own meal. I would definitely recommend if you are going to Hvar. The staff at the reception and the girls who cleaned the room( at least twice daily) are very friendly e incredible helpful.

This place was pretty good, they have a 10 pm quiet time and are fairly strict about it. Everything was really clean and nice staff. Our shower didn't drain properly so whenever anyone would use it the bathroom would be a pool..hopefully they get it fixed. All in all nice place to rest your head.

Awesome relaxed atmosphere in the hostel, travelling alone it was very easy to meet people. Bar crawl every night that with some free shots was pretty good and sociable. Well used kitchen was very handy for making food and tea/coffee.

Atmosphere here is awesome. Definitely the place to be for backpackers in Hvar. I got in and everyone was cooking dinner, jumped in for a cheap dime and made some spaghetti. They have a beautiful terrace and a great communal kitchen were everyone kinda chills out. Great place to be and watch the sunset and meet people, everyone was so friendly. Only bad thing I can say about this is that if you do not go out, you must go inside your rooms at 10:00. Come on man!! Otherwise, so great!

Lovely place! good hang out area, large dorms, good shower. The best thing is that they organize activities so it´s easy to meet other travelers. Couldn´t recommend it enough.

Villa Skansi was a great hostel close to Hvar town! Initially, I had a little trouble finding the hostel because the address was different, but eventually found my way. Rooms were clean and comfortable and activities are organized every night for guests by staff. Would definitely come back!

This is definitely a party hostel. Staff were very friendly. Rooms were nice and big. Location was very good. Very nice view from hostel.

This is a incredible hostel with a amazing view of the sunset. But the best thing is the staff. I've stayed in more the 50 hostels around the world. And this staff is the best i've seem. They are aways try to help, they try to socialize everybody with games and free pub crawls. And they go drink with you like friends. They just need to improve the internet because sometimes is hard to connect, but you are in a paradise. try to forget internet! But Believe it! This is the place to stay in Hvar!