Hostel Ville Reviews

Safvet-bega Basagica 93, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Hostel Ville is a great value, and the staff is very friendly and helpful! It is located about a 10-12 minute walk from the edge of the old town, but it is a steep and narrow road with cars rushing by, so it was a bit of an ordeal to get there and back. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay. It was very clean, and quiet so we were able to sleep well. We had a private room, which was small but cozy, but the bathroom was 2 floors below. Overall, a great value and recommended!

Hostel has a kitchen, really BIG common room, and balcony. All are very clean and looks good. Nice to stay, thanks. Bad moments: location is far from the center of Sarajevo, no lockers.

The hostel is one of the best I have stayed in and really good value for money. It's not in the bustling old town, but close enough and has parking, which comes handy if you arrive by car. The owners and staff are great, they make you feel welcome and help you with everything. The house itself is absolutely fantastic, the facilities are great, the beds are the comfiest I have had in hostels and everyone has their own locker. The bedrooms are spacious and always clean! Def stay here!

The best hostel I've seen in my life! Everything was more than perfect! Wonderful atmosphere. Thank you!

Super clean and great common room/kitchen facilities. Nice, friendly staff. Only downside is the location, quite a walk from the centre of town.

15 minutes walk to the centre, 20 minutes uphill back. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean, and each room has IOUs own bathroom too. Massive common area and kitchen. Better maybe for groups, couples or families - as a solo backpacker I found it too far away from the centre and I would prefer a place with more activities and advice from the staff.

Exactly what a hostel should be. Nice clean rooms, very very very good common rooms (kitchen, living room) and an a great staff!

Excellent beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location to get a good nights rest, but still just a short walk to the action. Free coffee / tea. Huge common room. Balcony great for views / relaxing. Perfect!

It was a privilege to stay here. It is a former ambassador's residence that hasn't been structurally adapted to fit a hostel, so it felt like staying in a home suited to an ambassador. The layout, furnishings, bathrooms, and the views over Sarajevo are faultless. I met the owner, his brother and their mother, and they were nothing but helpful and hospitable. The property is located in a residential area with a great deal of character, a pleasant 10 minute walk from the heart of the Old Town.

This is a great hostel, very nice, friendly and helpful staff. Nicely renovated and a huge lounge. It is definitely worth the short stroll up from the old part of town. I will definitely be back and can highly recommend it.

I would without a doubt recommend staying in Hostel Ville in Sarajevo. It's close to town center, rooms are new and beds are great, we had really good rest there. The best thing is spacious and cosy living room for guests and kitchen which can everyone use, and the most friendly staff. While there, felt like home.

• 12th Jul 2012
  • Croatia

10min walk from Bascarsija, excellent staff, great atmosphere, rooms with A/C, very clean, would recommend to anyone, and when I visit Sarajevo again, I will definitively book here!

• 5th Jul 2012
  • Croatia

We came to Sarajevo to visit the Old town during warm summer months and the city was overcrowded, but this Hostel was in a quiet neighborhood, so we were able to get well rested. Stuff was helpful with informations about what sights I should see and which places I should visit, and in the evening the owner took us for a roundtrip to see all the vistas above the Old city (for free). The beds were VERY comfortable. The rooms were air-conditioned, which is great for this price. We will come again.

• 1st Jul 2012