Hostel Ville Reviews

Safvet-bega Basagica 93, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location to get a good nights rest, but still just a short walk to the action. Free coffee / tea. Huge common room. Balcony great for views / relaxing. Perfect!

It was a privilege to stay here. It is a former ambassador's residence that hasn't been structurally adapted to fit a hostel, so it felt like staying in a home suited to an ambassador. The layout, furnishings, bathrooms, and the views over Sarajevo are faultless. I met the owner, his brother and their mother, and they were nothing but helpful and hospitable. The property is located in a residential area with a great deal of character, a pleasant 10 minute walk from the heart of the Old Town.

This is a great hostel, very nice, friendly and helpful staff. Nicely renovated and a huge lounge. It is definitely worth the short stroll up from the old part of town. I will definitely be back and can highly recommend it.

I would without a doubt recommend staying in Hostel Ville in Sarajevo. It's close to town center, rooms are new and beds are great, we had really good rest there. The best thing is spacious and cosy living room for guests and kitchen which can everyone use, and the most friendly staff. While there, felt like home.

• 12th Jul 2012
  • Croatia

10min walk from Bascarsija, excellent staff, great atmosphere, rooms with A/C, very clean, would recommend to anyone, and when I visit Sarajevo again, I will definitively book here!

• 5th Jul 2012
  • Croatia

We came to Sarajevo to visit the Old town during warm summer months and the city was overcrowded, but this Hostel was in a quiet neighborhood, so we were able to get well rested. Stuff was helpful with informations about what sights I should see and which places I should visit, and in the evening the owner took us for a roundtrip to see all the vistas above the Old city (for free). The beds were VERY comfortable. The rooms were air-conditioned, which is great for this price. We will come again.

• 1st Jul 2012