Hostel Vista Serena Reviews

Puntarenas, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

I had the 4 bed dorm with the air conditioner, make sure u get the air conditioner cause it can get really hot and humid. One of my favorites aspects of the hostel was Helen and the view and the hammocks. I recommend this place , it was reasonably priced and u get basic breakfast, air conditioner and u meet people

Even though online says towels are included they are not. The rooms have many bugs & the free 'breakfast' consists of toast, coffee, and jam. It is a very far walk to the beach so you would need to take a bus.

• 12th Jul 2015

The view is worth the price. The staff is friendly, everything is clean.

This is definitely the best hostel in Manuel Antonio! The facilities are very good and the terrace is just perfect - with hammocks, the most beautiful, stunning view over the forests/sea, and very good and fast WIFI! We had such a nice stay and we really wished we could stay longer. The location is a little far from the beach, but very close to supermarkets/restaurants. The bus to the beach is so fast/cheap so it doesn't matter at all. Only minus is the breakfast which is only toast/coffee...

First night I was in this giant barn like room w/ 16 beds and two standing fans. There is a gap between the wall and the floor so there were LOADS of bugs. Combo of bugs, heat, and noisey dorm mates made for a rough night. I asked to switch and they moved some things around and got me into an AC room with just four beds for only $2 difference. Great hostel if you get the AC room. Really rough if you don't. AMAZING views of the sunset from the deck. Staff was super helpful planning trips!

• 26th Jun 2015

Really not a great hostel. Booked a 4 dorm bed but it was actually x3 4 dorms all sharing 1 bathroom and kitchen. Rooms were tiny and got bites from the mattress in the night. Great views but that was about the only good thing!!

• 24th Jun 2015

The room was secure and cleaned daily. Common areas are comfortable and people meet and mix on the veranda overlooking the ocean, especially for sunsets. The staff was helpful and had suggestions and answers to every question.

• 10th Jun 2015

Hostel was quite basic, but a fun spot to meet other young travelers. Staff wasn't very professional, as their laid back attitude could get in the way of being polite. Overall a good stay, but a pretty basic hostel.

• 6th Jun 2015

This was my first stay ever at a hostel and I was extremely satisfied. One note that I have is that I booked a reservation for 4 and hostel world made it look like the had a room with 4 beds available, but in reality it was 2 beds in one room and 2 beds in another. The breakfast was toast and coffee, but the communal kitchens are nice, and it would be easy to make a meal for yourself if toast isn't enough. Also the staff was extremely helpful with all of our questions!

The people that is in charge of the hostel is very grumpy and rude, Lea is the only good person of the staff so if you need to stay in this hostel only talk or ask for help to her. We stay on the private room and the kitchen smell wire and I don´t know if where in the bed but at the next day my cousin and I woke up with a lot of mosquito bites on the legs. The Hostel is expensive and all the people of Costa Rica gave us a great welcome so we wrere expecting a lot more from this Hostel

This place was great. Staff is polite and helpful. Food was great. The view from the balcony/porch was fantastic (the beach). Relaxed, chill atmosphere.

Awesome hostel with great view of sunsets. Got the 4 person AC room which worked really well. Nice social area on the back porch/deck where the kitchen is. You can walk to the grocery store, restaurants of all types (sodas, chinese, pizza, seafood), and laundry if necessary. Would definitely stay here again.

We only got to stay one night but we had a private room with a fan and a shared kitchen. Was a great stay and the hammock outside our room was amazing. Helpful staff and beautiful views.

• 14th Apr 2015

Great hostel, amazing patio for the sunsets. The views are amazing. Make sure and get the 4 bed dorm which has AC which was clutch for Manuel Antonio. Bus stop is a 5 minute walk up the hill as well as a supermarket. National park is a 10 min bus ride (buses every 20 mins). Atmosphere at night is super social.

Met some nice folk at this cozy hostel

3 nights in a 4-bed dorm. Good price, view and facilities. We recommand this adress.

From the moment we arrived we were extremely pleased with the facility and staff! Leah was absolutely amazing in pretty much suggesting activities around the area. Location is perfect. Close to restaurants and bus stop. Amazing sunset. Free breakfast in the morning. Towels for rent. Bathrooms get a little dirty and is shared between a few rooms but nothing out of the ordinary in a hostel. Overall pleased with our three nights!

It was fine. In the 4 bed dorm i spent two nights actually it´s missing lockers for backpack, nevertheless I spend quality time with my roommates so it was not a problem at all. It has an amazing view for sunset, and it´s location it very good.

Incredible place with lovely staff and great access to the national park and beaches. If I have a few days left in my trip I'll head straight back there!

Great location. I stayed in a private apartment which exceptional nice and clean. This is a really good hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015